• Published 18th Jul 2020
  • 3,473 Views, 251 Comments

Luster Dawn: New Days of the Magic of Friendship - SamSwordsman123



Twilight wants to break the curse of immortality to pass with her friends. But first she must find a Successor to take her place. Can she do it or does Equestria need her to stay? What tests await candidate Luster Dawn as an ancient villain returns?

  • ...
22
 251
 3,473

Chapter 9: Moving Out

Luster tried to convince her mother to let her stay, but Starlight would have none of it.

“It’s for your own good, Luster!” Starlight insisted. “I’m not gonna have my daughter become a target for Chrysalis’s revenge!”

“But can’t we at least meet once and a while?”

“No!” Starlight said. “I’m not going to take any chances! Any time you see me in Ponyville, you just pass by me like you don’t know me!”

Luster’s eyes began to tear up. Starlight sighed and walked up to her, putting a hoof on her daughter.

“Luster, I need you to be safe,” she said. “You mean everything to me, and I can’t bear the thought of anything happening to you.”

Starlight hugged her, her eyes welling up with tears as well. Having to let her child go was the hardest thing she’d ever done, but it was for Luster’s safety. Starlight knew Chrysalis, the former Changeling Queen, had sworn revenge on her. She’d planned to torture Starlight for “eternity” when she’d captured her. Fortunately, Chrysalis never got the chance since Twilight defeated her as well as Cozy Glow and Tirek. Now they had another member of their team who had freed them, or perhaps it was merely a minion. Maybe some rogue changelings or something? Whatever it was, Starlight couldn’t imagine there could be anyone worse than those three out there, she hoped not at least.

“Once Chrysalis is back in stone or imprisoned in Tartarus, things will go back to normal. Until then, you just spend time with your friends. This could be a good opportunity to bond with them.”

Luster looked at her mother sadly.

“I love you, Luster. Always,” Starlight reminded her. “I don’t know how long this will last. It could be a while.”

“Can I… at least send you letters like I do Princess Twilight?” Luster asked.

Starlight thought for a moment. “Alright, I guess Chrysalis probably wouldn’t bother to go through my mail if she comes here looking for revenge on me.”

That gave Luster a little relief. At least she would have some contact with her parents.

Sighing, she went to her room and gathered her things into a saddle bag with her sun cutie mark on it. She met her parents and Trixie at the door to the Castle of Friendship. Princess Twilight and her friends had left to work on a plan to deal with the returned villains. Since she was Stewardess of the Castle of Friendship, Starlight was left to oversee security around Ponyville. It was up to her to take care of this part of Twilight’s kingdom.

Starlight teleported them all to her office in the School of Friendship. She walked over to the announcement phone and flipped a switch, then spoke.

“All students and staff gather in the assembly room for an emergency meeting!” Starlight said.

They went to the assembly hall, where Luster saw Georgia and River Song among the students. Her Kirin friend waved at her with a wide smile. Ocellus, Silverstream, Smolder, as well as the grown-up Cutie Mark Crusaders were present as well. They stood close to Starlight and her family.

“I have an important piece of news that everycreature should know about,” Starlight said. “Somehow, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow have returned!”

There were many gasps and frantic mutterings from both students and staff. Ocellus, in particular, looked frightened, as she had been a young changeling during Chrysalis' reign. With the memories of the queen's cruelty still fresh in her mind, turning into Chrysalis had been her worst nightmare.

“This is terrible!” she said. “Do you think Chrysalis is going to come back here and attack the school again?”

Starlight shuddered. “It’s a possibility. She might attack us or sneak in. This is why I’ve called you all here to discuss possible ways to protect ourselves. First, I want all of you to form codewords with your closest friends around here. Ask each other questions that only friends would know. Do you understand?”

The students and staff nodded. This was a start to forming a defense against an enemy that could change shape. Starlight then looked at Luster’s two friends that were present.

“Georgia, River Song! Come forward, please!” Starlight asked.

The Kirin and griffon stepped out in front of the rest of the students. Starlight then looked at her daughter.

“Luster, ask each of them something that only they would know,” she said. “We need to make sure they are not Chrysalis.”

Luster hesitated for a moment, thinking.

“Which of your teams did I play on first during our buckball game?” she asked.

“Mine, of course!” River Song said with a smile.

Luster nodded. River Song was River Song, she could tell just by her enthusiastic reaction. Chrysalis wouldn’t know how to fake River Song’s personality.

“Georgia, what monster did you scratch up at the festival this morning?”

“A manticore!” the griffon said.

“It’s them!” Luster said to Starlight.

“Okay, you three come with me, please,” Starlight said before looking at the rest of her students. “I assure you all that I will be working on a plan to keep Chrysalis and her allies from harming this school as well as Ponyville. It’s my responsibility as Headmare and Stewardess of the Castle of Friendship! For now, all of you make sure your friends are who you think they are.”

Starlight took Luster and her two friends into the other room while Sunburst and Trixie remained behind to supervise. Once they were out of earshot, Starlight turned to Georgia and River Song.

“I have to have Luster leave home,” she said. “Since Chrysalis is back, she’ll be out for revenge on me. If she ever found out I had a daughter, she would definitely come after Luster! I want her to stay with you two from now on. To keep her safe.”

Georgia looked at Luster, who was still feeling sad. After today, she wouldn’t be able to speak with her mother directly.

“No problem, Headmare Glimmer!” the griffon said in her usual confidence. “I’ll make Luster feel right at home!”

“Yay! Yay!” River Song said. “Luster is gonna be our new roommate!”

“That’s… another thing,” Starlight said. “I kind of need you to both move into a different place with Luster...”

After Starlight and her friendship staff consolidated the rest of the students, she, Sunburst, and Trixie led Luster, River Song, and Georgia out of the school and along a path into the Everfree Forest.

“Um… Mom?” Luster asked as they moved through the trees. “You’re not planning on sending me out here to hide in a cave, are you?”

“That could be fun! It would be like camping all the time!” River Song said.

“No, you’re not going to be living in a cave,” Starlight said. “More of a… tree. Or at least a treehouse.”

They came into a clearing, and Luster saw the ruins of an ancient-looking castle.

“Is that the Castle of the Two Sisters?” she asked. “Wow. That’s where Princess Twilight defeated Nightmare Moon at the start of her journey with her friends. Am I going to stay there?” Luster asked.

Starlight nodded. “In a manner of speaking. You’ll be staying at the Treehouse of Harmony, which lies in ruins there.”

“Treehouse of Harmony?” Luster repeated.

“Years ago, when Discord first brought the villains together while posing as Grogar, he originally brought King Sombra back with them,” Starlight explained. “Sombra refused to work with others, though. He tricked Twilight and her friends into thinking that they defeated him with the Elements of Harmony and followed them back to the tree before destroying it. But it took a new form with the help of some of my students, who are now teachers at the school.”

“Ocellus, Silverstream, and Smolder?” Georgia guessed.

“Yes, along with Gallus, Yona, and Sandbar,” Starlight confirmed. “They used it as a treehouse back in the day, though it's not used anymore. You should all be safe here.”

They walked up to the ruined gate of the castle and Luster’s eyes widened as she saw the Treehouse of Harmony. It shined brightly, its top blossoming with lovely pink flowers. They went inside. It wasn’t as big as the castle, but more than large enough to house the three friends. Luster saw shelves with plenty of space for books.

Georgia flew upstairs. “New bedrooms, cool! We’ll just have to get our things from the dorms at the school.”

Luster walked into the nearest room. But there was one problem.

“No bed.”

“We’ll just get sleeping bags!” River Song said. “It’ll be like camping in a treehouse!”

“We can buy you some beds,” Starlight said.

She then looked directly into Luster’s eyes. Luster knew the moment of departure was close.

“I know this is gonna be hard. But I can’t bear the thought of Chrysalis harming you,” Starlight said as she went up to her daughter and gave her a final hug.

“I love you, Mom!” Luster said, tears escaping her eyes again.

Starlight broke the hug after a moment, her eyes watering as well. “I love you too!” She choked out before looking at River and Georgia. “Please, be careful. All of you. I don’t want any of you getting hurt.”

She turned and walked back out, her head facing to the ground in sadness. Sunburst approached Luster now.

“I know your mother is being overprotective, but she means well. And she's right - Chrysalis probably would try to come after you… maybe even me or Trixie too. Just think of this as being in Canterlot, but you’ll see us from time to time. And I want you to know that I’m proud of everything you’ve done, and I’m sure you’ll do much more in time.”

He kissed his daughter’s forehead and gave her a final smile before following his wife.

Trixie came now, she put a hoof on Luster. “Don’t you worry, Luster. If Chrysalis shows her ugly black face around here, your Great and Powerful Godmare will be here to protect Mommy and Daddy!”

Luster knew Trixie wasn’t nearly as skilled with magic as Starlight was. But she managed a smile at her Godmare’s/Aunt’s words. She hugged Trixie as well. The magician/guidance counselor followed her friends and family figures outside. That left Luster alone. Her parents would no longer be a part of her life, not until Chrysalis was dealt with. Why did it have to be this way?

Luster had spent all her life trying to please her family and make them proud. She’d devoted herself to magical studies to surpass her powerful mother and be knowledgeable like her father. Trixie wasn’t much of a role model, but she could put on an entertaining performance with magic. Now they were all missing from Luster’s life for the time being. She wouldn’t be able to speak to them directly until this was over.

Luster sobbed quietly, then felt a claw on her shoulder.

“It’s okay, Luster,” Georgia said with a kind smile. “Your parents and godmare might not be in your life for a while, but it's not like they’ve kicked you out.”

“We’re here for you! So just put those tears away!” River Song said, pulling Luster’s lips into a smile.

Luster sighed but managed to do so. “Thanks, girls. At least I’m not alone here. I have friends.”

Friends, she thought. A short time ago friendship was a nuisance to her. But now, without her family, she was left with nothing else. These two were here for her.

“We should see if Gallop and Yelena want to crash here too!” River Song suggested.

They looked outside. It was dark.

“Maybe in the morning. They might be getting ready for bed now,” Luster suggested with a yawn. “I think I’m ready for it too.”

“Want us to sleep in the same room tonight?” Georgia asked. “I know this is hard for you.”

Luster nodded. “If you were an Element of Harmony, Georgia, I’d say it was kindness. And River Song, you’d make a good Element of Laughter.”

The three friends hugged. Meanwhile, a certain spirit watched them from nearby, though they could not see it.

“Yes, they could make good elements of their own,” the Spirit of Harmony said. “But your friendship will need to grow much stronger if you are to face what is to come. What could well destroy all harmony in Equestria...”

Luster, River Song, and Georgia spent their first night in the Treehouse of Harmony. They woke up as Princess Twilight raised the sun in Canterlot.

“Good morning, girls!” River Song shouted, getting up as soon as the sun rose and putting all thoughts of sleeping in out of the other two’s heads. “Let’s make ourselves some breakfast!”

Luster yawned and got to her hooves.

“We don’t have any food here!”

“Oh, right! Ah, well, we'll have to go into town then!” River Song said.

“We really should have thought of that before we came here,” Georgia said.

They exited the treehouse and began the walk back to Ponyville.

“Race you guys there!” River Song said. “With Gallop not around, I bet I could beat both of you!”

Georgia smirked. “Alright, but he’d never been able to keep up with me if I used my wings!”

The griffon and Kirin took off, racing each other on hooves and claws. Luster chased after them, not nearly as fast. She was probably the least athletic of all her friends. Her focus had always been on magic.

“Wait!” she called.

But they continued on without her, too engulfed in their race to pay attention. Luster ran after them, but they soon vanished from her sight. This left her alone, and her heart hurt as she remembered last night with her mother making her leave.

“No! Girls don’t leave me!” Luster cried out desperately, not wanting to be alone.

She continued to run, hoping to catch up with them, forgetting about her magic. Her hooves ran fast at first, but soon fatigue took over, still she pushed herself to keep going. Finally, she got to Ponyville, panting hard. She’d never run so much in her life. Her friends, the ones her mother had chosen to keep her company… had left.

Her muscles felt sore, her stomach lurched. Luster, not being an athlete, wasn’t used to lots of physical activity. Her mouth felt so dry, she just wanted some water. Then she saw something else. In the distance, the Castle of Friendship stood high.

Luster never thought she’d be in a situation like this, looking at her home but not being able to go into it.

She was alone, her mother had sent her away. The Treehouse of Harmony was her new home now, but the Castle of Friendship was the place where her heart yearned to be. She was so close, yet at the same time so far. As she looked at the castle, Luster started to tear up again. She stood there in the grassy field before the Everfree Forest for a while.

Only for the sprinklers on the field to turn on! Luster yelped as she felt cold water touch her coat. She’d wished for water, and she’d gotten it! But not the kind she wanted in a cup! The sprinklers forced her to run more even though her worn out body begged her to stop. She got out of range of the spraying water. But by the time she was out of the field it was too late. Her coat and mane were drenched.

Luster looked back and frowned at the sprinklers.

“I wanted drinking water, not sprinkler water!”

“Hey, there you are!” a voice called ahead.

Luster looked and saw River and Georgia.

“What took you so long, Luster?” River asked the scholarly pink pony. “Hey, why are you all wet?”

Luster gritted her teeth. “I got caught in those sprinklers!”

For a moment the Kirin and griffon were silent, then they burst out laughing.

“You got caught in some sprinklers!” River laughed.

“It’s not funny!” Luster snapped. “And I don’t like that you both left me behind back there!”

“Hey, we said we wanted to race to Ponyville,” Georgia pointed out.

“Well, I couldn’t keep up!” Luster shouted.

This caused her friends to open their mouths in slight shock.

“We…we didn’t know! We thought you were right behind us!” Georgia said.

“Well, I wasn’t!” Luster snapped. “I’m not the athletic type, I feel sick right now from running!”

“Oh, you poor pony!” Georgia flew up with an extended claw.

But Luster backed away. “Don’t touch me!”

“Luster, she’s just trying to help!” River said.

“I don’t want any help right now,” Luster said. “I’m going to find myself some breakfast alone!”

She stomped off, mud forming on her wet hooves. She headed to The Pony Pancake House for breakfast. Entering, Luster saw her parents at a table nearby. Starlight looked at her daughter, sopping wet and her mouth fell open. For a split second, their eyes met, Starlight obviously wanted to come over and ask Luster what had happened. Her teeth showed, as though she were fighting the urge to do so. Some part of Luster hoped that she would come over and ask what happened. That once she heard, she would have decided sending Luster away wasn’t a good idea. But Starlight pulled away, gazing down at the table. Sunburst looked at his daughter longer, but Starlight took his hoof and shook her head. Then he too turned away with a sad expression.

Luster cringed, feeling herself tear up again, seeing her mother look away from her tore a hole in her heart. She’d spent all her life trying to measure up to both Starlight and Sunburst. They were her parents, and she loved them so much. Not being able to go and hug or even speak to them made her stomach turn. Then another dreadful thought filled her mind: what if Chrysalis was there in the Pancake House, waiting to attack her mother?

No, she thought. There was no chance of that. Chrysalis wouldn’t be fool enough to come to Ponyville yet. She’d spent a long time in hiding after Luster’s mother had turned her hive against her. Not striking until she became more powerful and had allies in Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow. But then, somepony had freed all of them. There was some unknown fourth player at least. Worse, it might have been a group of evildoers working together.

Luster could only hope that this matter would be settled quickly. Princess Twilight would have those villains tracked down and deal with them somehow. She might even call upon Luster to help her, and Luster would help in any way she could. If Chrysalis came near her mother, Luster would not stand by and leave Starlight to fend for herself. This would all be over someday, and Luster would be able to be with her family again, but for now, she had to be strong.

Taking a deep breath, Luster took a seat at the table on the other side of the Pancake House. She got her breakfast and then headed outside. When she got out, she felt the warm sun hit her. Her mane and coat soon dried as she walked through Ponyville, reflecting over her snapping at her friends. A feeling of regret over how she’d shouted at them filled her up. She felt that she needed to talk to them.

“Hey, Luster!”

The unicorn looked and saw River and Georgia. They both looked at her with sad expressions.

“Oh, hey guys.”

River Song approached her first. “Hey, we’re both really sorry for leaving you behind. I just thought having a race would be fun and take your mind off your parents.”

“And for laughing when you were all wet. We just couldn’t help ourselves,” Georgia added.

Luster sighed. “I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have snapped at you when you tried to help, Georgia.”

“Is there any way we can make it up to you?” Georgia asked.

Luster put a hoof to her chin. She looked at the small river running through Ponyville nearby. With a smirk, she took River Song in her magic.

“Whoa! Whoa! What are you doing?” River asked flailing her hooves as Luster levitated her directly over the water. “Uh-oh!”

And Luster dropped her in, causing a big splash. The unicorn laughed as her kirin friend’s head emerged from the water.

“Very funny, Luster!” River said as she climbed out with narrowed eyes that turned amused after a moment.

“Well, guess it's my turn. Push me in Luster!” Georgia landed on the ground in front of the river and Luster extended her hoof.

The griffon went under too, and Luster laughed again.

“Okay, that was fun. I guess we can call it even now.”

“Or can we?” River asked.

Both her friends shook themselves off, getting their water on her. Now all three of them laughed.

“I suppose we should probably get some things from the market, huh?” Georgia suggested. She remained on the ground as it would take some time before her wings were dry enough to fly again.

After a visit to the market, Luster and River Song levitated grocery bags with their horns while Georgia carried some in her claws and beak.

“We’ll drop these off at the treehouse, then we can go see Gallop and Yelena and ask if they want to join us,” Luster said.

“Okay!” River agreed cheerfully.

They dropped off the groceries in the treehouse then headed back to town, knocking on the door to Gallop's house. Swifty Sandwich, Gallop’s mother, answered the door.

“Oh, Georgia, River Song!” Swifty said to the two creatures she was familiar with before looking at Luster. “Who’s this?”

“My name is Luster Dawn, Mrs. Sandwich. I believe we met when I was a filly.”

The older mare gasped. “You’re Headmare Starlight’s daughter!”

Luster cringed at yet another reminder of who she was and that she would not go back to until this crisis was over.

“Um… you might want to avoid mentioning Headmare Starlight or Vice Headmare Sunburst,” Georgia said in Swifty’s ear.

“Luster was… sort of sent away from her family,” River added.

“What?” Swifty asked. “Headmare Starlight sent her daughter away? What kind of mother would do that?”

“It was for her own safety,” Georgia said.

“Queen Chrysalis has returned! That’s bad, right? Yes, very bad! And to make it worse, Headmare Starlight thinks if Chrysalis finds out Luster is her daughter, she will come after her!” River Song said.

“Oh, that’s terrible!” Swifty said, putting her hooves over her mouth. “Are you alright, dear?”

Luster looked down. “I don’t know. It hurts… I… I just saw my parents in the Pancake House, but I couldn’t even say hello to them! Now I have to live in the Treehouse of Harmony!”

“We’ve joined her to keep her company and protect her in case Chrysalis happens to come by. Actually, we came to ask Gallop if he wanted to move in with us.”

Swifty hesitated.

“Um… I’m not sure I would want Gallop to move out right now. Especially in… dangerous circumstances,” she said.

Luster nodded but looked down. “I understand, Mrs. Sandwich.”

Swifty looked at Luster, noticing her disappointment.

“But… my son is a full-grown pony, and I can understand that what you’re going through right now is very hard. My parents kicked me out of the house when I was your age. But it wasn’t to protect me,” she said. “Go and see him. He should be upstairs in his room. If he wants to move out to help you then it is his choice.”

She led them in and up the stairs to where Gallop was doing some sit ups in his room. Luster looked in and saw he had a picture of Rainbow Dash and her current generation of Wonderbolts. She saw him sweating and couldn’t help but think he looked a little attractive while working out.

“Gallop, you have some visitors!” Swifty said.

Gallop looked up and saw Luster and the others.

“Oh, hey guys. Or… girls, I should say!” he said. “What are you three doing here?”

“We wanted to invite you to come stay with us!” River Song told the Earth Pony in her usual enthusiasm.

“Stay with you?” Gallop repeated.

“Yeah! We moved into the Treehouse of Harmony with Luster to protect her!” River Song said. “The big bad trio is back! Headmare Starlight thinks Chrysalis might come after Luster, so she sent Luster away from home. We’re keeping her company there! You wanna join us?”

Gallop hesitated. “I’m… not sure. I kind of need to stay here. My dad’s gone, and Mom needs extra support with the hayburger business. I already had to pull out of the School of Friendship.”

“Gallop, you can still work the Hayburger wagon,” Swifty said. “Your friend might be in danger, and she needs support more than I do now. I’ll be fine, go with your friend. Just… be careful. Hopefully nothing bad will happen but be cautious, and don’t go looking for trouble.”

Gallop looked at Luster.

“Okay, I’ll come. If it means protecting a friend. I would never abandon anypony or creature.”

“Yay, yay!” River Song jumped. “Now, let’s go get Yelena!”

Yelena’s Yak family lived next door. When they explained to Yelena what was going on, the yak nodded.

“You can count on me, Luster! If Chrysalis tries to take you, she’s gonna feel some Yak strength!”

Luster managed a smile. All her friends were going to be with her in the Treehouse of Harmony. That would make it easier, but she still hoped that Princess Twilight would catch the villains soon. Word must be out by now of their escape, Ponyville and other places would have time to prepare. Unlike last time, they only got the warning at the very last minute from Discord after he’d been drained of his power. Tirek and Cozy Glow’s escape from Tartarus had been kept quiet, as had Tirek’s solo escape from before. Cerberus hadn’t been smart enough to tell ponies when a monster escaped. He was just a dog after all, and only guarded the prison.

Sure enough, when Luster looked in a newspaper, she saw the headline, Enemies of Equestria Return! A picture of the three villains in their stone prison was on the front cover.

“Well, the word’s out!” Luster said.

“Hope they catch those baddies soon!” River Song said. “There’s no way Tirek or Cozy Glow are gonna be able to sneak around with that picture in the newspaper.”

“But Chrysalis can take any form!” Luster reminded them, that was when she remembered something her mother said.

“So, we better make sure we have a way to know that we’re all ourselves. My Mom suggested a codeword.”

“Ooh! Maybe we each say our favorite things to do!” River Song suggested. “Swim!”

“Run!” Gallop said.

“Smash!” Yelena said, banging her hooves on the ground.

“Read!” Luster said.

“Fly!” Georgia flapped her wings.

“Okay, anyone who gets their part of the code wrong, friends smash!” Yelena said. “That friend is Chrysalis in disguise.”

“I really doubt that it's going to come to that, though,” Luster said. “No way Chrysalis knows about me.”

“Well, let’s hope not,” Georgia said. “Come on, we’ll show you guys the treehouse.”

In Canterlot, Twilight and her council waited in the throne room. Soon Gallus entered the room.

“Your Majesty, councilors, the newspapers across Equestria have spread the word!” he said.

“Good,” Twilight replied. “We won’t let them have time to prepare their attack this time.”

“And with the Bewitching Bell in my realm safely, there’s no way they’ll all become as powerful as they were before!” Discord said. “I’ll sense whenever Tirek steals magic from a creature and then get them.”

“You sure they ain’t gonna go into that lair you used while posing as Grogar?” Applejack asked the Draconequus.

Discord scoffed. “Pfft! Please, they would not be stupid enough to use a place we already know about. Look!”

A crystal ball appeared in his paw. He showed them the inside of the lair he had used during that time. It looked empty.

“Well, wherever they are, they can’t hide from us! We’ll kick their flanks just like last time!” Rainbow Dash said.

Spike looked at Twilight. “Do you think… maybe Luster should help?”

Twilight shook her head. “Going up against Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow would probably be too much to ask of her right now. She’s only just begun her journey down friendship. I’ll give her a less dangerous mission when I can. Besides, Starlight would kill me if I sent her daughter to Chrysalis.”

Spike nodded, understanding. Twilight hoped to make Luster her successor someday, therefore she couldn’t send Luster on too difficult an assignment at this time. Luster was skilled with magic, but she hadn’t learned to unleash rainbow power yet. It would take some time before she was able to produce one.

In Grogar’s lair, the villains were gathered around his table.

“Are you certain that staying here is wise?” Chrysalis asked. “Discord used this lair when he posed as you. Once he gets word of our escape, he could come looking for us.”

Grogar scoffed. “He thinks that this is the last place you three would hide! I’ve placed a spell of concealment here. If he or anypony else were to come here or even scry, they would see this place as empty.”

“Golly! That’s amazing,” Cozy Glow said. "So, I could do this, and they wouldn't see it?"

She stuck her tongue out at some imaginary spy. Grogar frowned. He may have turned her into an adult, but she was still mentally a filly, a demented psychopathic filly to be sure.

“So, when are we going to attack?” Tirek asked. “I want to crush Twilight Sparkle!”

“And I want to see Starlight Glimmer cry after I take her daughter!” Chrysalis said.

Sombra scoffed. “Forget about your petty desires for revenge! When will I have my empire back?”

Grogar grunted. “Patience, all of you! You will have your chance to get everything you desire! The first phase of my plan is already underway. Soon the Crystal Empire will fall.”

Author's Note:

Once again, Huk came up with some good ideas for conflict in this rewritten version. That’s how I got the idea of having Luster get mad at her friends when they left her behind. Hope you all liked that as it got more tension I think. Unfortunately I lost Joker as an editor due to him having problems on fimfiction, but I found a new editor already so we’ll see how that works. I hope you guys found the scenes where Luster is sad, mad and laughing to be at least a little emotional. The parts I wrote about her getting even with her friends caused me to chuckle a bit.

Last updated 8/3/2023