• Published 18th Jul 2020
  • 11,573 Views, 3,834 Comments

Repercussions - Hiver



Some choices you make are simple to figure out where they lead. Some... not so much.

  • ...
30
 3,834
 11,573

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 94

"So, what do you think?" Midnight asked and put her hoof down, her horn stop its glow as she put down her piece of chalk as she quit pointing at the board.

I slowly blinked before I raised my hoof in question.

Sunset looked like she was trying not to laugh and Sparks shot her a look before turning back to me,

"Yes, Page?"

"Can you explain that a bit more? I'm not quite up to that level of theory."

Midnight frowned, "Which part?" she asked and glanced at the board, "Where did I lose you?"

"Just after, 'this is what we have so far'," I said and smiled slightly, "Honestly, I don't need to understand the theory behind this. I just need to know that you two do."

Midnight rolled her eyes before she nodded, "...Fine..." she said before she frowned at me, "You could have said that before I held a twenty minute presentation."

"What, and take away your fun?" I asked with a smile as I got up to look up at the board, "I think I got some gists of it. You have figured out how to break the curse?"

Sparks nodded, "We have," she said and then frowned, "But... there is a problem."

Midnight nodded in agreement as well, "The curse is interfering with the readings of the blood magic... and unless we remove the curse, we can't figure out how to break the blood magic."

Ah.

I sat down and frowned, "Ah... well... that is a problem," I agreed, "So to get the readings, you need to remove it from somepony. Making them vamponies."

Midnight sighed, "Exactly. And there is no guarantee we will be able to reapply something like the curse again or even if we can break the blood magic at all. They used the curse instead of removing the blood magic for a reason."

"Well, that sucks..." I agreed before I nodded, "Okay, hit me."

Sparks blinked at me, "What?"

"You need somepony to test it on, right?" I asked, "Well, I'm not asking anypony else to do that. You all know where I'm from originally, I'll be able to handle that kind of thing better than almost anypony else. So... hit me."

"Absolutely not!" "Are you nuts!" "No!"

I flinched back at the trio of answers, my ears flicking back before I frowned, "Seriously, relax. I would be able to handle it."

"And I don't care!" Sunset said, stomping her hoof, "Not happening."

"...Besides," Midnight said and shrugged her wings, "You wouldn't work anyway, Page. You have unicorn, alicorn and earth pony magic as well. Removing the curse from you would work, but getting clear readings from you is almost impossible. We need a thestral, not an alicorn."

"I guess that makes sense," I admitted and shifted my wings. "I just don't like the idea of asking somepony else to do this."

"That's because you're you," Sunset said and stepped up, touching her horn to mine, "And you can't help but being noble about things like this."

I sighed softly and gave her a kiss before I looked at Sparks, "I'll ask somepony if they want to do it, but it's going to be a very hard sell."

Sparks smiled slightly, "...Actually, we already have somepony in mind."

"Oh?"

Midnight nodded, "We're going to ask Fluttershy."

I blinked at her in surprise before I shook my head, "...Why am I even surprised, I should have known you two would figure it out once you started thinking about batponies."

"It wasn't even that hard," Sparks admitted, "Kinda obvious in hindsight."

"Says you," Sunset grumbled, "I missed it completely until they told me," before she poked my side with her hoof, "And you didn't tell me!"

"Not my secret to tell," I told her seriously, "She clearly wanted to keep hidden, so who would I be to reveal her?"

Sunset sighed softly, "I guess you're right."

Midnight stretched her wings, "And with that, I'm heading to bed," she said, "It's been a long day."

Sparks moved up to her and whispered something. Midnight smiled and whispered something back before giving her a hug before she headed towards her room, "Good night everypony."

"Good night," I told her along with the other two before I looked at Sparks and Sunset, giving Sunset a stroke along the back with my wing, "I should likely head out too, It's after midnight,” I joked.

Sunset rolled her eyes, "Funny," she said before she smiled, "...You don't need to go, you know."

Uhm.

I glanced at Sparks.

The other alicorn nodded, "Just sleep, if you like," she said with a small blush, shifting slightly nervously.

“Well…” Sunset said nuzzled softly, "It's no different than me staying with you and Luna."

"That's... sometimes more than sleeping," I said and swallowed.

Sunset smirked playfully, "Yes it is," she said before she stepped back to look at me, "But it has been a long day for everypony. I just want you and Twi both next to me tonight. Please?"

I glanced at Sparks and then nodded with a smile, "Well, I guess we better get Kitten to bed then."

Sunset blushed and Sparks giggled as she nodded, "We should," the alicorn said and moved up to slip her wing around Sunset, giving her a small loving kiss.

PreviousChapters Next