• Published 18th Jul 2020
  • 11,728 Views, 3,834 Comments

Repercussions - Hiver



Some choices you make are simple to figure out where they lead. Some... not so much.

  • ...
30
 3,834
 11,728

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 112

“You look exhausted," Celestia said as I entered her room.

"Thanks, you're pretty too," I grumbled and sipped my triple strength tea as I moved over to lay down on her couch.

Celestia looked amused and got up from behind her desk as Grey Velvet discretely retreated and closed the door behind her, "Long night?" she asked with a small worried frown as she moved to climb onto the couch facing me, hooves just next to mine.

"Mmm," I agreed and raised my head again, suppressing a yawn, "Luna helped me contact almost five hundred thestrals last night. That was easily the biggest dream spell I ever cast. Was more tiring than I expected."

As soon as my speech was over, both Luna and I basically collapsed into dreamless sleep until I finally woke up just before noon. That spell had been absolutely exhausting and no way I would have been able to pull it off alone.

Celestia floated a cup of her own over from her desk, refilling it on the way, "How did it go?"

I sighed, "I don't know," I admitted, "Half my attention was on keeping the spell going and I just felt like I was rambling. I may have messed up, maybe I should have gone with another letter or something."

"I'm sure you did fine," Celestia said with a small smile and gave my mane a small nuzzle, "When you want to, you can be quite persuasive."

"...Thanks, Sunshine," I sighed softly, "But unless enough ponies show up, we might as well just stop the plan and think of something new. I think Sparks said that minimum was somewhere around three hundred or so."

Celestia nodded, "Did you get an organizational chart and an itemized budget from her and Midnight yet?"

"No," I said and sipped my tea, stretching my wings for a second, "I'm going there when I leave here. Sunny was missing when I woke up, I suspect she went to check on them."

"So what can I help you with?"

I smiled at her, "Just curious about if Luna had talked to you about lessons?"

"Ah, that," Celestia confirmed with a nod, shifting her wings, "She did. You planned to do them at night?"

"In dreams, yeah," I confirmed, "That way we can continue after we leave. It doesn't need to be every night either and just a couple of hours at a time."

Celestia smiled and stretched her wings high, "I'd love to teach you, Page. I always enjoyed teaching. What would you like to learn?"

"...Actually, some of what Sparks got wouldn't be bad," I admitted, "I feel like I should double down a bit on my magical theory, I feel like a moron when Sparks and Midnight or even Sunny get down into the weeds of thaumatic flows and what not. But what I really should focus on first is... how do I..." I said before I sighed, "I need lessons in how to Prince."

Sunshine smiled playfully, "Not sure I can help you with that, but I can teach you how to Princess as you put it with Princess Skitter."

"I suppose that would have to work," I admitted and grimaced slightly, "It's just... I have ponies that look up to me. I want to do right by them."

She nodded, "I'll teach you what I can," she said and then grinned, "But I think we can skip the lessons on formal wear. Not sure it applies and sister seems to have you somewhat trained on that already."

I rolled my eyes and then nodded, "Yeah, I guess she does," I admitted and then frowned and glanced down at myself, "...Thinking about it though, last time I wore the uniform, it felt odd. I think it was getting a bit small."

Celestia scooted back a hoof's width to look me over before she nodded, "I think you are a bit bigger than six months ago."

"...It's all those mangos, isn't it?"

"I doubt mangos make you taller, Page," Celestia teased, "Noticed that you look down at Sunset more than you used to?"

I flicked my ears, "I guess," I admitted, "I mean, I have always been taller than her, but since becoming an alicorn, I have gotten bigger."

"All of us do. Some more than others," Celestia admitted and sipped her tea.

"Is there a pattern to it?" I asked, "Seems kind of random from what I saw," I admitted and then let her refill my tea as she offered.

"Not that I know," Celestia said and shrugged her wings as she looked at me, "My sister and I kept pace more or less, but then she stopped and I kept growing. Cadence has been at her current size for a good while now and Midnight, Twilight and you are still growing as far as I can tell."

"...So, there is a chance I'll end up taller than you?" I asked with a frown, glancing back at my wings.

She nodded, "Yes, but not that likely. Nopony else has after all," before she looked thoughtful, "But then again, stallions are on average larger than mares, so who knows."

"That sounds inconvenient," I said and shook my head, "I'd rather not spend the next thousand years hitting my horn everytime I walk through a door!"

I really hope that statue of that fucker wasn’t to scale and typical for male alicorns.

Celestia giggled and stuck her tongue out at me, "Why do you think corridors are so tall in the castle?"

"Ah. Good point," I said and put my cup down on the closest table, "Still, if that happens I think I'll spend a lot of time learning that transformation spell of yours, Sunshine."

"It's not all bad being the largest pony around," Celestia teased with a grin, "I bet there is at least one pro if you get that... large."

I eyed her suspiciously but asked anyway, "And what's that?"

"It's easy to see in the theater of course," she said innocently, "What did you think I meant?"

I just grinned at her and sipped my tea.

PreviousChapters Next