• Published 22nd Aug 2020
  • 1,472 Views, 11 Comments

Twilight and friends - Lawton



Twilight and her friends travel to the island of sodor to help Thomas and his friends.Ponies and engines as one.

  • ...
8
 11
 1,472

Part 01

At the school of friendship,Twilight’s friends were excited about summer vacation.

“Alright!I can’t wait for summer!”Said Sandbar excited.

“Me too!”Squealed Silverstream.

“This is gonna be a total burn!”Said Smolder.

“It’s time we teach other fillies about cutie marks.Right,Y’all?”Applebloom asked.

“Yeah!”Replied Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

“Just you wait to see our high flying skills me and Fluttershy trained.Right?” — Rainbow Dash

“He he.”Said Fluttershy a bit shy.

“Then,What are we waiting for,Y’all?Let’s get this party here started!”Spoke Applejack.

“Wahoo!”Cheered Pinkie Pie.Starlight glimmer came from the school entrance confused.

“Guys?Have any of you seen Twilight?”Starlight asked.Everypony looked at each other.

“Ugh...No.Haven’t seen her ever since class ended.”Said Smolder.

“Me either.”Replied Gallus.Just then,spike come flying out of the castle window.

“Everypony,You all have to see this!”Called spike.Starlight teleported everypony into the throne room.There,They found Twilight looking at the mirror portal.

“What is it,Darling?”Asked Rarity.

“Look at this.”Said Twilight.The mane 7,Young 6,And CMC all looked at the mirror.It showed a picture of an island.

“Whoa.What the hay is that?”Asked Applejack.

“I don’t know.This isn’t in any dimension I’ve seen before.”Twilight suggested.

“I think you’re right.This mirror is only a connection between Equestria and Sunset at CHS.”Starlight spoke.

“So,This mirror is some kind of dimension tracker.”Said Rainbow Dash.The Ponies glared.”Just saying.”She spoke.

“This mirror called us for a reason and we are going to find out.”Said Twilight.

“But,How do we get there if this is only a connection between Equestria and CHS?”Sandbar asked.Suddenly,There was a loud whistle!

“Whoa!What the hay was that!?”Asked Applejack shocked.

“It’s coming from outside!”Cried Starlight.The mane 6,Young 6,And CMC ran out side and saw a flying steam passenger train.The train magically made tracks on the ground and it screeched to a halt as it landed on the tracks.Everypony gasped.

“Hey.”came a voice.There from the steam locomotive’s cab stood a human with grey hair and a mustache wearing a blue conductor shirt and pants,Black shoes,And a conductor hat.

“You.”He spoke.Twilight stepped closer to him.”Is this where you want to go?”He showed a picture of the same island on the mirror.

“Yes.”Replied Twilight.

“Well then,All aboard.”Said the conductor as he climbed back into the cab.Twilight stepped into the first coach of the train.The others followed her in and they sat down on the seats inside.

“Not gonna sound like a bummer.”Said Fluttershy.

“But,You’ll sound like one anyway?”Asked Rainbow Dash.

“This is a super crazy bad idea.Like accent on the ‘super crazy‘ bad part.Haven’t I got to mention it’s also a really terrible idea?”Fluttershy spoke.

“Yeah.I agree.If we leave equestria unprotected,Who knows what’ll happen.”Replied Smolder.

“No worries,Young ones,We’ll be there within 6 minutes.”Said the conductor through the radio.The train started to move and fly again.

“Wait one of those minutes.What does he mean by 6 minutes?”Asked Twilight.Her awnsee came sooner than expected.The train started to fly faster and faster.Suddenly,The train flew through a portal at the speed of light followed by a loud boom!

Inside the portal,The train was flying through at a rapid speed.The mane 7,Young 6,And CMC screamed over the speed.

“WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”Squealed Pinkie and Silverstream.

“OOOOOHHH YEEEEEAAAAAHH!!!!!”Shouted Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo.

“REALLY BAD IDEEEEEAAA!!!!!!”Screamed everypony else.

In the sky,A portal opened up and the train flew out.It landed on more railroad tracks.Then,Screeched to a halt.The mane 7Young 6,And CMC stepped out of the coach feeling really sick.

“Mind the bumpy ride,Ponies.I’m sure your world will be unharmed.”Said the conductor.The train started to move and took off to the sky again.Then,Vanished into this air.

“Ugh.Where are we,Twilight.”Asked Rainbow Dash.

“Mabye this is the island we saw on the mirror.”Said Twilight.Then,Twilight saw a blue tank engine with six small wheels,A short stumpy boiler,A short stumpy dome,And a short stumpy funnel.

“You don’t suppose that guy will give us directions around this island.”Said Gallus.Twilight trotted to the engines cab.

“Excuse me,Can you tell us what this island is called?”She asked.

“Sure.”Came a voice.Twilight then noticed there was no one in the cab.She trotted to the front and found a face.Twilight screamed in fear.

“Do you mind?”Grunted the engine trying to not hear the scream.Then,Everything went silent.The others walked closer to Thomas.

“Who are you?”Asked Starlight.

“What are you?”Asked Smolder.

“Gee.You sure are cute.My name is Thomas the tank engine.And you are...”Said Thomas.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle.”Twilight spoke.”Do you have any friends around here just like you?”

“Of course.Follow me.”Said Thomas as chuffs to the sheds.The mane 7,Young 6,And CMC followed him.

“This is crazy.I mean,Talking trains?Really?” Starlight whispered to Twilight.

“I guess that flying train might have zapped us into an entirety different dimension.” Twilight whispered back.At the sheds,They found more engines with faces.”Engines,Introduce yourselves.”

“My name is Percy.”Said the little green engine.

“The names James.”Said the red tender engine.

“Your paintwork is so divine!”Squealed Rarity.

“Gee.Thank you.”Replied James.

“I’m Henry.”Said big green tender engine.

“I am Edward.”Said The small blue tender engine.

“And I’m Gordon.”Said the big blue tender engine.

“Wow!You look so big and strong!”Said Rainbow Dash amazed.

“Good evening,Everyone.”Came a voice.They saw a man wearing a black jacket,grey trousers,black shoes,And a black top hat.

“Twilight meet The controller of the railway.Sir Tophom Hatt.Sir,This is Twilight.”Thomas spoke.

“Please to meet you.”Said Sir Tophom Hatt.”We all need work together and be really useful and new engines come to the island to help with the extra work.Which reminds me.There is a new engine coming to Sodor.”Then,Came a high whistle blew.

“Oh!There she is.”Said Spike.A pink tank engine with six red small wheels and the number 7 on her boiler.

“Hello!Nice to meet you all.I’m Rosie.”She said.

“Wow!You’re pink like me!It’s like we’re twins!”Gasped Pinkie pie amazed.

“Thomas,Can you take Twilight for a ride in your cab to show her the sights of Sodor?”

“Yes,Sir.I’d be happy to.”Said Thomas.Twilight climbed into Thomas’ cab and they set off. Thomas and Percy were working at the shunting yard.They were shunting trucks into a long line ready for Henry to take.Twilight watched them work hard.But then,She remembered what Sir Tophom Hatt said about new engines come to the island to help.

“Psst.Thomas,Come here.”Twilight whispered.

“Oh.Ok.“Thomas spoke.”Percy,Can you keep up the work?”

“Sure.”Said Percy as he kept on shunting.Thomas puffed to Twilight.

“Mabye I can help them is I turn myself into an engine.”Whispered Twilight.

“WHAT!?”Gasped Thomas.

“Ssssshhhhh!”Whispered Twilight.Twilight used her alicorn magic horn and scanned Thomas.Then,Streams of magic came from her horn wrapping her up in a ball of magic.The ball flew up onto the tracks.When the ball vanished,Thomas’ eyes popped wide in suprisment.

“You look just like me!”Gasped Thomas.

“Sure.And I’m gonna help.”Said Twilight.

“Ok.”Puffed Thomas.The two engines chuffed to other jobs to do.At the coaling plant,Twilight,Thomas,And James were loading trucks.

“Whoa!These trucks have faces to?”Said Twilight looking at trucks with faces on them.She started shunting them to the coal chute.

“Wait!Those aren’t ordinary trucks!”Cried Thomas.But,Before he can say anything else,The trucks surged forward and pulled Twilight too far.

“On on on!”They yelled.Twilght found herself under the chute.Coal poured out onto her and coal dust flew everywhere.Twilight was covered from funnel to footplate in black coal dust.

“Those are troublesome trucks.”Thomas spoke.”They can cause trouble.”

“You’re telling me.”Coughed Twilight.Next,They we’re both pulling some heavy freight cars.

“It’s a race,Thomas.First one to croven’s gate wins.”Twilight said sternly picking up speed.

“You’re on!”Shouted Thomas catching up.The two engines were speeding through the countryside as fast as they could.Thomas was getting closer.So,Twilight went faster.Then,There was trouble!She was going so fast,She didn’t see the signal telling her to stop.

“Twilight,Wait!”Cried Thomas.But,Twilight wasn’t listening.Suddenly,She saw Gordon puffing onto Twilights line with the express.

“Oh no!”She cried.She slammed on her brakes.”Look out,Gordon!”She yelled.Twilight screeched to a stop just behind the coaches.Gordon was cross.

“Watch where you are going you silly little engine!”He called angrily.

“Hey!Who are you calling little!?”Twilight yelled back furiously.

“Haha!Gordon was going so fast,He must think you were me.“Laughed Thomas.

“Does he always call you a silly little engine?”Twilight asked.

“Sometimes.”Said Thomas.Soon,They were at Knapford station.Thomas and Twilight were backing up to their coaches.

“This is great.I’ve never taken my own passsengers.”Said Twilight interested.

“Let me introduce you to my two and only coaches Annie and Clarabel.”Said Thomas.

“Hi,Twilight.”Said Annie.

“It’s an honor to meet you.”Said Clarabel.Edward was waiting at Knapford,too.The man blew his whistle and Edward set off.Twilight thought it was her whistle and she sped off without being coupled to her coaches.

“Stop!Come back!”Shouted a man.

“Wahoo!Haha!”Cheered Twilight.She sped through the countryside.Then,She saw Gordon at a signal up ahead.”Hey!Its Gordon.Mabye I can show him that I am not so silly.”She said.She stopped next to him.

“Have I seen you before?”Asked Gordon.Then,He gasped.”Twilight!?Is that you?”

“Of course it’s me.And I’m pulling passengers like you.”Twilight asked happy.

“Ugh.What passengers?”He said.

“Ha!Can’t you see?”Said Twilight.

“Well.Whee are your coaches?”Twilight looked behind and gasped.

“Oh no!”She gasped.Back at Knapford,All the passengers were all complaining where Twilight is.At last,She arrived.

“Oh.What will Sir Tophom Hatt say?”When Sir Tophom Hatt came,He could only laugh.

“This reminds me when Thomas first came to the island.”He said.

“He’s right.When I was pulling Henry’s train for him I thought Edwards whistle wars my whistle and I left without getting coupled up.”Replied Thomas.

”You need to wait for your whistle,Twilight.Then,You can go.”Said Sir Tophom Hatt.

“Yes,Sir.Sorry,Sir.”Said Twilight.She was then coupled up and she waited for all the passengers to get in.She then heard her passenger coach door slam and a whistle blew.

“Now,Twilight,You can go.”Said Sir Tophom Hatt.

“Yes,Sir.”Twilight said happily.It was a heavy train,But she struggled with all her might and she and Thomas were on their way.Back at the sheds,Everyone thought Twilight’s mistakes were very funny.

“What a silly little engine.”Laughed Gordon.

“Engine?She doesn’t even know how to work on the railway!”Laughed James.

“What kind of engine is that!?”Laughed Henry.Everyone was laughing except Thomas.He saw Twilight resting in the shed beside Tidmoth in her pony form.Thomas puffed over.

“They all think I’m silly.Always making mistakes.”Moaned Twilight.

“Don’t worry.I’m sure something will cheer you up.”Thomas spoke.”It’s not like you always make mistakes.”

“Sometimes,I make horrible mistakes.”Said Twilight sadly.The mane 5,Young 6,And CMC were sleeping in Tidmoth sheds with the other engines.Starlight and Spike wanted to help,Too.They were worried about Twilight.Sir Tophom Hatt came to see Thomas.

“Thomas,You have three jobs to do tomorrow.”He said.”First,You must deliver flour to the bakery.Next,You must deliver chocolate from Mr.Jolly’s chocolate factory to the ice cream factory.And finally,You must take rocks from the quarry to Brendom docks.”He then walked away.Then,An idea flew into Thomas’ funnel.

“I know.“Thomas puffed.”Why don’t you do my jobs tomorrow?Then,the engines will wont know you’re silly anymore.”

“Yeah!Thats a great idea.”Replied Twilight.The trucks overheard them and were cross.

“So,She wants to do Thomas’ jobs,Huh?”Said one truck.

“I think it’s time to teach her a lesson about trucks.”Said another.

“Yeah!Tease her,Bump her,and throw her off the rails!“Replied another.The next morning,Twilight was back into her engine form and her and Thomas went to the flour mill.

“Ok,Twilight,Here’s your train.”Said Thomas.

“I hope those trucks don’t cause any trouble.” Said Thomas.

“Don’t be silly.I can handle this.” Said Twilight with pride backing up to the train.“Alright.Let’s go.”She tried to move,But the trucks were being troublesome again.

“Hold back!Hold back!”They chuckled.”Hehehehe!”

“Come on!”Growled Twilight.She puffed with all her might until finally,She and the trucks started to move.But,Neither Twilight or Thomas noticed that Twilight had left the brakevan behind.Meanwhile,Starlight and Spike were hiding behind some boxcars.

“Ok.On three.”Starlight whispered.They waited for the train to pass.”1,2,3!”She yelled.They both jumped into the flour truck just as Twilight left the shunting yard.

“Twilight,Be careful!” Called Thomas.Twilight was happily chuffing through the countryside.Percy and Edward chuffed by pulling mail and passengers.They were pleased to Twilight doing a great job.Percy and Edward smiled and so did Twilight.Thomas’ plan was working.

“Come along.Come along.” Said Twilight as she wheeshed through Henry’s tunnel.Soon,They reached the steepest hill on Sodor.Gordon’s Hill.Twilight puffed with all her strength to get to the top.As she reached the top,The trucks surged forward and pushed Twilight down the hill.

“On!On!Faster!Faster!”They giggled.

“Whoa!Not again!Stop!”Cried Twilight.Twilight tried to stop with her brakes.But,They were going too fast to stop.Then,There was trouble.Twilight was heading for a really sharp bend.She slammed on her brakes.But,It was too late!She crashed off the track and bright white flour flew everywhere.Twilight was covered in flour.