• Published 15th Jul 2020
  • 4,865 Views, 34 Comments

My One and Only - Foals Errand



Something is bothering Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
11
 34
 4,865

Chapter 1

Sunset frowned as she heard her girlfriend let out another heavy sigh. It was the third in the last twenty minutes. She shook her head and set her pen down on the journal even as she could see Princess Twilight’s response appearing on the page. That Twilight could wait. Sunset chuckled as she turned to where Twilight Sparkle was poking at her keyboard.

“Research hit a dead end?” Sunset asked, as she rose from the floor and stretched. Sometimes she missed her old body for this very reason. Sure, the magic was great. But she was far less likely to get a crick in her neck as a pony. With a snort, she plopped down beside Twilight on her bed.

“Huh? No, yes… I don’t know, I guess I’m just having trouble focusing.” She closed the lid of her laptop before Sunset could get a glimpse at what exactly she had been looking at.

With a gasp of surprise, Sunset grinned at her while placing the back of her hand against Twilight’s forehead. “Well, no fever.” She wrapped her arm around her and smiled as Twilight curled up against her. “Come on, love. Something has been bothering you for a while. Wanna come clean with me so I don’t gotta...” She waved her fingers in front of Twilight.

“You wouldn’t do that,” Twilight mumbled from where she was pressed to Sunset’s chest. She paused and lifted her head to look into Sunset’s cyan eyes “Er, would you?” She frowned as Sunset simply smirked. “You infuriate me, Sunset Shimmer.”

“Aw, come on, Twi. It could always be worse.”

“And how exactly could this situation be worse?” Twilight asked, narrowing her eyes.

Sunset grinned. “Well, you could always be dating Rainbow Dash.”

Twilight opened her mouth to speak, possibly to say something in defense of their brash best friend, but she instead frowned “Point, alright… well.” Twilight sat up and got to her feet. She began to pace in front of Sunset, her hands in front of her as she worried them.

After a few moments of this Sunset stood up. She took Twilight’s hands in her own and brought them to her lips. “Sweetheart, I can see how concerned you are. I’m here for you on my pony honor. No teasing.” Sunset watched as Twilight glanced away as she said that. “Is… are you having trouble with the fact that I’m a magical unicorn? Twilight, I already explained my species has nearly no similarities to the-”

“No! No, that isn’t it. I just…” Twilight glanced down at the floor before releasing a deep sigh. “Well, I supposed that isn’t one hundred percent honest. It is kind of about ponies, b-but not that you were, er, are a pony. Honestly, I’ve come to terms with that.” She smiled as Sunset continued to hold her hands. “I mean I’d be a bit of a hypocrite considering I grow pony ears and a pair of wings on a weekly basis.” She paused, looking thoughtful. “Huh, I wonder if our genetics have changed to allow such growth or is it–”

“Twilight, Twilight! I understand that you are desperately attempting to change the subject.” She once again brought her hands to her lips and kissed her cupped hands. She smiled this time. “Now, while I will admit that the idea of genetic manipulation Is fascinating and a subject that we will definitely explore in the very near future. It is not the reason you have been out of sorts.”

Twilight’s shoulders slumped as she returned her gaze to her carpet. She really needed to get a new carpet if she planned to continue staring at it. Finally, though, she pulled her hands free from Sunset’s gentle grasp “My laptop,” she mumbled as she sat back down on the foot of her bed and closed her eyes.

Taking the mumbled statement as permission, Sunset retrieved Twilight’s laptop from the bed where Twilight had set it. Frowning, she opened the lid to see several tabs opened, all of them seemed to be videos. She clicked on the first video and shivered. She hadn’t exactly wanted to see Demon Shimmer ever again. She quickly stopped the video and turned to the next one. After several minutes she closed the lid and sighed.

All the videos that Twilight had been watching had something in common, or rather some pony. Sunset shook her head and wrapped her arm around her trembling girlfriend once again. “Twilight… Talk to me so I hear your worries. So I can understand.” When Twilight stayed silent, Sunset sighed. Sometimes being evil seemed so much simpler… “Twilight, is this about the Princess?”

At the word ‘princess’, Twilight tensed against Sunset, who simply held her tighter waiting for Twilight to say something. After a moment, Twilight sucked in a shuddering breath. “She's perfect.”

Sunset couldn’t help but snort. “I assure you she is no such thing. I mean right now she’s probably going frantic because I left her mid-sentence.”

“That’s what I mean!” Twilight pulled away and turned to face Sunset as tears ran down her cheeks. Finally, she grabbed Sunset’s hand and pressed it to her geode while laying her head onto Sunset’s bare forearm.

Sunset was powerless to do anything as her eyes began to glow white. Twilight’s thoughts seemed to flow around her mind, several snippets running as if they were happening at the same moment.


Flash

Twilight stared at Rainbow Dash as the girl held a mic out to her. “Sing? I-I don’t really know how. I mean, don’t you have Sunset Shimmer as your lead singer?”

Rainbow Dash simply grinned. “Ah come on Twilight Sparkle, won’t know unless you try.”

“I...well okay.” Twilight nervously took the mic, hoping she won’t disappoint her new friend. She almost missed the satisfied smirk that Rainbow gave the others...

Flash

“Darling, you really must try on this dress!” Rarity was holding out a gold and pink dress. It was short, but not too short.

Twilight bit her lip. It was rather pretty but she hadn’t known Rarity that long. There was no way one of her designs would fit her...right? “Well, I guess I could try it on and you could alter it to better fit?”

“Of course, darling. But I think you’ll be surprised.”

Flash

Twilight groaned as she crashed head-on into a boy. The impact had knocked her glasses off, but to her surprise the boy helped her up, handing her glasses back with a smile.

“Twilight! I didn’t know you’d be here, when did you get glasses?”

Twilight nervously put her glasses on before taking a step back from the odd boy. “Um forever ago?”


Sunset shook her head, clearing her eyes and frowning “Oh Twilight…” She could feel her girlfriend’s tears as they ran down her arm “Sweetheart, how long has this been bothering you?” Sunset gently lifted Twilight’s chin, pulled her glasses off, and wiped her tears away.

“Since everyone already knew my name at school,” Twilight confessed, looking into her girlfriend’s eyes. “Everyone knew more about me than even I knew about myself. A-and I can see it that they really wished I was the Princess.”

“No, they don’t.” Sunset gently cooed as she cupped Twilight’s cheek. “You aren’t a stand-in for the Princess, you know? You and she are...you aren’t the same. You aren’t clones of each other.” Sunset frowned in thought. “Honestly, you and the Princess are closer to twin sisters if anything. Do our friends wish she could visit more? I’m sure they do. But they don’t see you as the second-best thing. I certainly don’t.”

Twilight blinked a few times. “Y-you don’t? But…” She trailed off before glancing over at where the magical journal was buzzing. “But she saved you like you saved me, didn’t she?”

“Eh, in my case there were a lot more rainbows to the face than the gentle acceptance and help I gave you. So no I don’t see you as a second-best or even confuse you and the Princess. Was I confused the first time we met?” Sunset shrugged. “Sure, but honestly I had half been hoping she’d come and, you know, save me again. But sweetheart I don’t see the Princess when I look at you. I see my beautiful if slightly neurotic genius girlfriend who I love desperately. And honestly. Princess Twilight is good looking, I guess. But she isn't who I love.” Sunset grinned before pulling Twilight up to her feet.

“Besides, the Princess is greatly lacking in a skill where you are brilliant.” Twilight simply blinked a few times as Sunset laughed before replacing her glasses. “Unlike you. Princess Twilight is quite the klutz and couldn’t dance if her life was at risk. I should know. I watched her try. It wasn't pretty.”

“So you love me because I can dance?” Twilight raised an eyebrow as Sunset rubbed the back of her head nervously.

“Well, it was what made me really look at you so. Maybe?” She grinned as Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Now I understand. Princess Twilight turned down your confession, didn’t she.”

“Nah. Like I said. I don’t love Princess Twilight because she's not you.” Sunset pressed her lips to Twilight’s, causing the other girl to let out a happy moan. “Now enough about ponies for today. Tell your Mom you’ll be late for dinner.”

“Huh wha?” Twilight blinked slowly at Sunset, her cheeks flushed.

“I said tell your Mom you’ll be late for dinner, then grab your helmet. We’re going to a club.” Sunset opened the journal and wrote a simple message before closing the book. “I want to dance with you...feel your body against mine.”

Twilight simply stood in shock as Sunset gathered her things along with her helmet. “I’ll be back in thirty minutes for you, Sparkle. You better not be in this same spot.” She brushed past her girlfriend, giving Shining Armor and Cadance a wink as she left.

Cadance glanced at Shining Armor. “What, no big brother protection?”

“If she can get Twily to go to a club, I think Mom would give her the money for a room and tell them to have fun.”

Twilight Sparkle, meanwhile, was still frozen in place. Sunset’s statement of wanting to feel her body against hers was running on loop inside of her head until it was broken by her brother’s teasing. “She would not!” Twilight then paused. “Would she?” She didn’t pay attention to her brother’s answer as her mind was purely focused on what she should wear to the club. She spotted the dress Rarity had given her and smirked.

It might have originally been made for another Twilight, but she was certain it would take Sunset’s breath away in a way the Princess could and would never even dream of. Twilight nodded, content that the dress may have been created for a Princess, but this moment with Sunset, and all the moments which would follow would be hers and hers alone.

“Sorry, Princess. You snooze, you lose.”

Author's Note:

The first bit of pony writing I've done in about two years! Hope you guys enjoy it. I hope to be back with more very soon!

Comments ( 34 )

Great to see you back!!! This was a nice bit of shipping. You can feel for Sci-Twi as she is competing with someone who is basically herself.

10334670
Glad to be back! Sorry, it took so long^^

Well this was cute. :twilightsmile: I can certainly understand why Twilight feels that way, especially with the Rainbow Dash bit. I don't know why that one it just seems to stick out more to me.

10334767
Likely because of Rainbow's known brashness ^^ Glad you enjoyed!

Very adorable, and yeah. I could see why Sci-Twi would feel that way.

“Sorry, Princess. You snooze, you lose.”

Sci-Twi has some spunk! :moustache:

nice work.

10334802
She'll get better, I'm sure of it!

That was very heartfelt and warm story, Foals. Glad to see you're back!

10335192
Thanks Olden! Glad you enjoyed it!

That was really quite adorable. Twiggles is such a delightfully, beautifully, wonderfully neurotic bundle of cute.

And, I really love the cover art. Sunny be like: Dis is my nerd. Hands off. You can't have, so don't try. I ready your mind and post all bank account info online if you try.

10335212
Are you planning a sequel that shows how far Sci-Twi is going to go in the dress? I would love to see how far that confidence goes on her date.

a lot more rainbows to the face

*Rescue At Midnight Castle flashbacks intensify* Tirek took a rainbow to the face, and everywhere else.

And, if this was any sweeter the ADA would not recommend it.

Weird sort of contrast between the pic and the story. I read because the pic intrigued me, but it really doesn't match the story. I loved the story but might have never read it with a different image. So I guess all I can say is this was a very good story and I'm glad I clicked.

If only the cover pic was how it worked in our world.

Sweet and adorable.

“Twilight, Twilight! I understand that you are desperately attempting to change the subject.”

To be fair to twilight, she is twilight, entirely likely and believable that it was not a deliberate attempt to change subject.

I will admit that the idea of genetic manipulation Is fascinating and a subject that we will definitely explore in the very near future.

"Twilight?"
"Yes, Sunset?"
"Why a sharktocrab?"
"You know, people always ask 'Why a sharktocrab?' but never 'How's the sharktocrab?'"
"The sharktocrab is angry and trying to eat the CHS marching band, Twilight. Why?"

Lovely Sciset fluff. I always appreciate a good bit of multiverse drama, and inadequacy issues regarding one's parallel universe counterpart definitely qualifies. Thank you for this.

(Also, I can only imagine how everyone reacted to Princess Twilight charging through the portal out of panic. Possibly with a troop of Royal Guards.)

10335286 I forgot Sunset learned how to hack.

Your first pony writing in two years you say? I'd say you haven't lost your touch.

10338329
Thank you! I'm very pleased that I still have my touch so to speak!

I kinda expected to see Sunset being possessive of SciTwi in a cute way, but this was cuter still :twilightsmile:

10340653
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! And I agree Sciset is the best ship. For Princess Twilight I normally put her with Tia. ^^

10335369
Maybe? I am definitely considering such a sequel. I wouldn't expect it to be rated over teen though. Kissing and touching are the most likely outcome of them having "fun"

10341509
I wouldn't expect anything crazy but this is a dress made for Princess Twilight by Rarity, so the dress getting stained and/or damaged over the course of the night would be appropriate.

10341520
Oh that is without a doubt true.

10342330
Not a problem hope you find one you enjoy!

“Besides, the Princess is greatly lacking in a skill where you are brilliant.” Twilight simply blinked a few times as Sunset laughed before replacing her glasses. “Unlike you. Princess Twilight is quite the klutz and couldn’t dance if her life was at risk. I should know. I watched her try. It wasn't pretty.”

Be funny if whatever line from Princess Twi Sunset stopped reading on was a desperate love confession or similar.

Login or register to comment