• Published 2nd Aug 2020
  • 9,359 Views, 857 Comments

Blueblooded Bluebell - David Silver



That Prince Blueblood treats mares terribly. Luna takes matters into her own hoof to teach him a lesson, but it is she that learns something instead.

  • ...
62
 857
 9,359

19 - She Reigns

A floating pen drew a smooth signature with the soft scratch of the contact. "There we are." Stellar nodded to Blue Belle with solidarity. "I'm not entirely certain how these will do in comparison to the smoothies, but--"

Blue extended a hoof. "The smoothies already exist. You are chasing a trend. This, this will be something you will be at the head of. How large and how well it does, entirely in your hooves as you take charge of it. Make it dwarf the other, and even were it half the size, the benefit will be more than doubled for your position, will it not?"

Stellar let out a soft hmm. "You have a point there." A little smile touched her lips. "I already have quite a few plans. It's been a pleasure working with you, my baroness." She tipped her head. "But I'll take it from here." She pointed at the still floating paper. "I will send you updates as the situation changes, of course."

"Of course." Blue let her go off to work. Just like that, the animosity between them had been dispelled. There would be no formal speaking of its rescinding, nor did she expect it. Stellar was a common pony, but she would have navigated noble circles fairly well, Blue Belle decided.

"She will keep me honest," Blue spoke to herself. That threat was still on the table. If she strayed, her noble superior would be approached. She had to do right by her people, or they would lash out at her, and through proper channels even.

Blue looked to Starlight. "Thank you, for being there, and the assistance. You were invaluable for this trip, and I shan't forget a favor given."

"It's what friends do," assured Starlight with a firm nod.

"Are we that? We've scarcely met." Blue reached up to adjust her hat, her dress back to its fluffy state. "Though I do appreciate it, truly."

"Now you're being silly." Starlight rolled her eyes. "We've been on a roadtrip and not tried to kill each other. You're doing better than somepony else I know."

"That sounds like a story... Perhaps one you'd care to share on our way back?" She inclined her head towards the train station. "I've sent the letter to Auntie, there isn't much else to do here just now."

"Do we get to ride on the secret car again?" Starlight smirked at the idea. "It's good to be royalty."

"Too right," agreed Blue. "But it is also full of responsibilities. That I have taken care of responsibly, I do hope?"

"You're doing great," assured Starlight. "Really, I expected... something else." She rubbed behind her head with a hoof, laughing awkwardly. "Thanks for proving me wrong."

"It is I who have been proven wrong," argued Blue gently. "This is royalty, not the fancy clothing and spotless everything." She shook her head softly with a huff. "I had been living a lie, thinking the way I comported myself was enough to earn the title. No! I must take actions to better the lot of my ponies. Their suffering must be mine and their success a thing to relish in."

Starlight sat to bring her forehooves together in applause for her new friend. "Thatta girl! I can get behind that thought. Speaking of that, though... how do you plan to do it if you're leaving?"

"Hm?" Blue raised a brow at Starlight. "These are modern times, dear. I have the addresses of both of my agents and will be in constant dialogue." With a glowing horn she drew free a quill. "Behold, the mightiest tool in a royal's arsenal!" She waved it at Starlight in faux threat.

"Watch where you point that," she got out in a laugh, not at all threatened. "Alright then, mission accomplished! And without glowing butts involved."

"Pardon?"

Starlight went faintly red. "Nothing!"

"You are full of tales yet untold," mused Blue as she led the way towards the train station. "Mayhaps after a magic lesson, you would indulge me?"

"There's a deal I can sign the dotted line on." Starlight sprang forward, ready to leave her foalhood home again. It was a less tense parting than the last time she had come, a victory!

"Starlight." She paused and turned to see Stellar. "Don't look too surprised. I just wanted to ask how my son's doing. You two are quite close, I figured getting it from you would be faster than waiting for him to reply, seeing as you're here."

Only Stellar Flare could make an unexpectedly good thing sound both nice and worrisome at once. "He's doing great! In fact..." She brought her hooves together. "Did he tell you the big news?!"

Stellar blinked rapidly, mind awhir with possibilities. "Something good?"

"Quite. He did it, got himself a reliable job with prestige and respect."

Stellar took a step closer. "Starlight, we've known each other for a long time. You... aren't playing a joke on me, are you? Are you going to tell me he's begun the vital task of trash collection? Out with it! What job did he get?"

Blue looked between the two, unaware of the parts at play but having the foresight to keep her mouth closed as it was worked out.

"He's the vice principal, the assistant headmare, um, stallion in this case, of Twilight's school of friendship." Starlight gestured dramatically at a sign that wasn't there. "He'll be working with me to run it. Twilight can't run it, on account of planning to become the princess of Equestria and all that, so... it fell to me, and I selected him as the best pony for the j--"

Her cheeks were captured by the hooves of Stellar, staring into her eyes. "I thought you had abandoned him..." Just as suddenly, Stellar shoved Starlight back. "This is great... This is big! This... is not expected... Starlight..." She looked up to Starlight from where she had been looking down and away, her eyes rimming with tears. "I thought my little colt would have been lost forever. I was ready to love him anyway, he never stopped being... being my precious little foal... but..." She drew a shaking breath and turned away. "This is unseemly, and in front of my employer!"

Blue raised a hoof up towards her chest. "Put away that fear. I will not hold the emotion of a mother for their child against them." She inclined her head. "Besides, this does sound like most fortuitous of news."

"Very... fortunate." Stellar trembled with emotions she struggled to contain with limited success. "Very fortunate indeed. Excuse me." She fled at a full gallop to find somewhere to celebrate properly, possibly with many tears involved.

Starlight turned back towards the train station in a slow motion. "Did I say the wrong thing?"

"I should think not." Blue closed in with her friend. "She is a mare of plans, and this just dashed them into bits, but in the most wonderful way possible. She will recover, I should imagine... Now, about that lockpicking spell?"

"I thought you said that was an improper spell," she sang in a taunting way. "What a wicked little noble mare you are."

"I learn from the best," she crooned with pride. "Now reveal your secrets!"

"How bold... It'll cost you."

They laughed together, headed home with the glow of a trip well spent.


"What a wicked little royal mare you are." Fire smirked viciously at her host. She was perched on her belly on a nice soft pillow in Luna's dark room. "Keeping a demon in secret. What would your sister think?"

"She would be furious." Luna snorted in a loud equine way. "We both know that."

"You're no fun." Her ability to nettle Luna about her shady dealings was diminished by the matter of factly nature she accepted them. "So what do you plan to do with me?" She rolled sinuously onto her side, legs arranged just show in a faux display of vulnerability. "I am at your mercy. You could do anything."

"My interest in a mare ends at a warm embrace," stated Luna flatly. "And that diminishes when said mare is trying to, quite unashamedly, manipulate me." She raised her right ear. "I will need to reveal you."

"To your sister? She'll rush for the sharp implements, you know that."

"I do know that."

"You promised," hissed Fire. "That would be--"

"Demonic?" taunted Luna. "I suppose it would be. No, I will keep you from harm, so long as you don't cause harm to me or mine." Her eyes half-lidded at Fire. "One trick, a little trick. All ponies are mine. I watch over their dreams and I know them well."

"Cunning bitch," cursed Fire even as she smiled. "Are you sure you aren't the devil, twisting the letter of the law like that?"

"Time teaches things." Luna locked eyes with her demonic guest. "You are awfully calm for being in the hoof of someone that could hurt you."

"Because you won't." Fire ended up on her back, hooves cycling in the air slowly. "You want to know more about your niece, little Bluey, and you aren't really that mad at me, 'cause I didn't do anything that bad. It coulda gone bad, but it didn't, and it would have been her own damn fault."

"You would know well the qualifications of damning."

"As if I haven't heard the joke a millions times." She pawed at the air, one ear skewed towards Luna. "Still, why don't you get to the point. You aren't keeping me here for my charms."

"You placed a sharp blade in the reach of a foal, then watched with a wicked smile, hoping they cut themselves on it, but ready to blame the child, for it would be at their own hooves in the end." Luna huffed at Fire. "You are lying, to me, or yourself, it matters little in this case. Demon, this is your nature, but know that I am not fooled."

Fire raised a brow that smoldered with flickers of faint heat. "You are all foals to me, even you, princess... Going by your logic, the only 'right' thing to do would be to make funny faces at you and tell you that you've been a good pony, and maybe prepare a light snack. Or, I can assume you are grown ponies able to make decisions for yourself."

It was a line of logic that stabbed Luna deep. In her eyes, Blue was but a child in need of guidance, who could grow up to be so much more, but she was one perspective. The demon before her, another. Even in Blue's own eyes, she was an adult, even if she had been terribly confused and unhappy. She would make her choices, for good or bad. "I will presume at no point did you make it clear the dangers ahead of her."

"Is that my job now?" Fire clopped her hooves together. "Does every window maker make sure that ponies know not to leap through them? Does every cake maker warn sternly to be careful of the number of cakes a pony gluts themselves with? I imagine not." Her eyes narrowed at Luna. "Stop playing games of morality with me. You are under equipped and it feels like I'm picking on a child. Now come here and let me soothe the burns I placed on you, dear little foal."

Luna did not accept that offer for solace. "I must go. Stay here, and don't cause more trouble."

"I will do at least one of those," sang out Fire, her tail whipping about, a cunning smirk on her lips. "Have fun!"


She brought her hooves together in a rapid little clip-clop. "Have you heard?!"

"I should imagine not, dear sister. You just received the call." He inclined his head at the mirror that had held a pony's image a moment before. "You wish to share?"

"Oui!" She bounced up to her hooves. "She is on the way! Soon we will be réunie. Blue Belle has entered the train and is se précipiter this very moment." She bounced delicately on her hooves, cantering in place with a bright smile. "Soon, we will exact our vengeance terrible upon her."

He chuckled in soft good naturedness. "I will ensure that the plans are in place then. Do you have a specific time?"

"Oui!" she sang, providing that needed information. "See that it is all in perfection."

"Not a piece will be left to chance," he assured. "Event planning is something Princess Celestia trusts in me, and I will treat this with equal gravity."

"As if I could expect any less from you, mon frère." She planted an affectionate peck on his cheek. "Go, and may your hooves be light."

Fancy walked determinately to make sure the final steps were ready. They both had a dear friend to welcome back to town in their own special way.


Blinding light erupted into the crowded and noisy place, competing with the music that stalled out almost instantly. "I require a moment of your time," boomed Celestia over the suddenly silent night club. "There is word that a specific creature was seen here. They appear as a pony with a long tail." She raised her hooves to express how long this tail was. "More like a lion's than a pony's, with a heart shape at the end. A very unusual appearance with bright red fur. Has anypony seen such a thing?"

One lanky young mare poked free of the crowd. "I saw a pony like that," she noted, chewing gum as she did so. "Went off with your sister."

Celestia raised a brow. "I am going to assume that is not spoken in jest." She had heard plenty of 'your mother' jokes, but 'with your sister' was a new twist...

"Nah." She blew a big bubble that popped as loudly as most as the room had grown quiet. "They walked off. Didn't she say something about a video?"

"Yeah," cut in a stallion with a green mohawk. "She said she wanted to make a movie and walked off with that far-out pony."

"I see..." Celestia turned back for the door where her guards were waiting. "Please, resume your festivities, and sorry for interrupting." The music was already thumping before she left, with her permission given to not focus their attention on her. "Sister, what game are you playing at?"


Luna flipped through pages of a book, each with... tails, countless tails, one on each page, quite detailed in their drawings with a litany of information under each, including a page number to go to read more about them. She had been browsing for some time, trying to find the one that matched her guest.

There. Long, smooth furred until that heart shape at the end. Luna brought down a hoof on the page with triumph, a smile on her face. "Finally." She trailed the hoof down to the writing.

Typically denoting demons that specialize in lusts and desires, such demons take great pleasure in dealing with the appetites of those they interact with. Carnal, financial, political power, or otherwise matters little to them, so long as the one they are dealing with wants it passionately. If having what they wanted would make them smile as broadly as denying it would drive them to tears, it's just up this kind of demon's main mode of interest.

Luna nodded softly as she read. That matched what she had learned of the demon. "But what do they want?" she asked the book, which had the nerve to not reply. Well, it did have a page number to continue her hunt, as well as a list of common true names, none of which were likely to be the right exact one.

Also included were some symbols, things commonly seen in relation to the demons. One of them looked quite right as a fit to the summoning symbol... of course.

She willed the book to flip to the desired page. "Vile creature, you have done me a boon, but I am not foolish enough to think that makes you harmless." Fire Paradox could still be the source of great trouble and mischief. It was in her very nature...

While devils are known for intricately wrought hierarchies with byzantine rules between them, this fashion of demon blur the lines slightly. Aware of social order, it is most comfortable when its place and those around it are clear to it. Even if such a demon were to discover it was an inferior to another, it may draw comfort in having such a superior, provided said superior always proved they were worthy of the title.

Summoners of this manner of demon take note! It is easy to assume this makes them easier to control, by placing them beneath the summoner and considering that enough, but it rarely is. This manner of demon will always be on the watch out for flaws and weaknesses. While it will serve willingly as a subordinate, its eyes are keenly waiting for the opportunity to become the master itself.

Luna shook her head. Her niece's royal demeanor had come into play, and proven useful in this specific case. She had, Luna guessed, assumed she was in charge of this strange creature, and it didn't argue that fact... And so they became master and servant without either agreeing to exactly what that meant...

It could have gone so very horribly, depending on what demon had been called, and Blue's reaction to it. Though... That perhaps explained why the demon had been so relaxed despite its perilous situation. She was in charge, compared to it, and she had assured its safety. It would do as she pleased, until that weakness was found, and then she would find herself in a precarious position of her own.

With a heart-tailed demon there, smiling and ready to offer assistance, if only for the oath of fealty in return. It was all very neat and all very terrible.

These demons have a weakness common to all of them.

Luna pricked an ear at the words on the paper there.

They are very vain. If one can get them to reveal their true form and one mocks or belittles it, it causes physical pain to them, and they will agree to almost anything to stop the attacker. Likewise, their confidence in their schemes is so powerful that to point out imperfections in it is similarly agonizing to them, doubly so if the revealed flaw can be proven to be valid.

Neither appeared to be easy to use by surprise, unless she dug out some manner of spell to reveal the demon's true form on demand... perhaps worth looking into.

In either event, being subjected to either pain will cause immediate loss in social status for the demon, as far as it's concerned. This resets any advantages it has gained, even agreed on or sworn. Any bound to the demon subserviently are freed. Those to whom the demon is bound to subserviently become aware of who has attacked its servant, for them to react as they please. If the demon is without a master, it is a simple matter to take it at this point, if such is your desire.

Luna shook her head at the thought. Binding Fire Paradox was not her goal, nor specifically belittling and attacking the demon. Still, options...

Usual abilities:

Ah, now we were getting somewhere. "Tell me more..." The book would speak nothing, but its words were there to be read.

Shapeshifting
Spellcasting(Moderate to advanced) -- Beware, their magic typically only has arcane signatures without verbal, somatic, or material manifestations. Heat, odors, and other signals are often present. Be wary!
Seduction(Only seems to work if one feels attraction to them 'at first sight'. If such a demon can approach a pony a second time without them realizing it, in a new form, they may get a new chance for that 'first sight' hook, as contradictory as that might seem.)
Linguistic Mastery(A language they cannot speak has not been found, but this mastery does not seem to reflect in their use of written words. They seem to have no love of reading or writing.)

Luna inclined her head in thought. A realm-wandering monster, this sort of demon clearly wasn't. Still, it had more than enough power to cause all manner of trouble for those foolish enough to bring it into the mortal world. It was, perhaps, a small miracle that Blue Belle had not gotten into so much more serious trouble than she had.

"Luna," came the firm authority of one of the few ponies that could get her mane to lift on command. "We have words to share."

Luna sat up straight, looking towards the door where Celestia strode in firmly. "Ah, sister."

"You can cease the act. You found the imp." Celestia inclined her head faintly. "And didn't tell me. Why? Sister, I would hear your own words on this, though my thoughts run wild."

"Demon," corrected Luna, tapping the book before her. "I was performing research, to take the next step with care, something all the other ponies around me seem to have forgotten how to do!" She threw up her free hoof. "Including my niece."

"Your niece performed infernal magic!" Celestia clopped down a hoof. "That is a punishable act."

Luna tapped one hoof to the other. "So is time travel, but I don't see Twilight moldering in any cells, for some reason."

Celestia brought her head in close, thumping her forehead to Luna's, their horns jutting out to the side of the other's head, narrowly avoiding impaling each other. "Twilight Sparkle is a very special pony and, few episodes aside, has proven she has a pure heart and is an eager servant of the kingdom."

"Blue is working very hard," huffed Luna. "This was a one time mistake, and one I am quite ready to chastise her on, but stop speaking of dire punishments that would do nothing but make you happier in vindication."

"You are biased!"

Luna arched a brow at her sister, though their faces were mashed quite close together. "Seriously?"

"Of course I am quite serious." She drove her head against her sister, the two vying for position, horns clattering in contact.

"Your relationship to Twilight is the definition of bias, sister mine. Do not speak of that." Luna rolled the eye facing Celestia dramatically. "If we need to get a third pony involved, I will gladly tell the story, from the start. If bias is our enemy, then neither of us are fit to judge."

Celestia suddenly drew back. "You may be correct. We're both so entangled in this that we couldn't possibly judge this fairly." She pointed at the book suddenly. "What did you find?"

Luna blinked at the whiplash. "It is a book of infernal identification, using their tails as a guide. Very specific, but also quite on point." She tapped at the book. "I identified the demon in question, and know how she basically functions. I can report, gladly, that this is not the sort of demon likely to grow to ten stories tall and go on a rampage through the city."

"Small mercies," sighed out Celestia, her magic wrapping around the book and lifting it into easier viewing, her eyes darting left and right. "A sex demon? Of course they'd call one of those!" Her nose crinkled in distaste, eyes sweeping as she read on. "Vainglorious to a fault, ha... birds of a feather..."

Luna inclined her head. "It is little wonder to me that Blue Belle called forth this demon, as she was. The demon hates it, by the way, as Blue has drifted further and further from her ideals since calling her."

"A demon has ideals?" Celestia scoffed, setting the book down where it started. "Now I know you are joking."

"Even creatures full of malfeasance can be charged with ideals, just not ones we would ever agree with," argued Luna. "But that is aside the point. Find an impartial judge, if you think my word insufficient. It should be a pony that does not bow to either you or me."

A tall order, to find such a pony within Equestria.

Why did Celestia look so confident?

Author's Note:

Ah, this chapter felt good to write! Have some Fire Pardox info! Little imp(demon) she is, she deserves some info dumping.

Posted early for patrons. Want to get updates early, and/or get your own story here at atreon!

Don't want to do an ongoing thing? You could

Join my discord to chat!