• Published 12th Jul 2020
  • 16,648 Views, 1,095 Comments

The Alicorn Warrior - iAmSiNnEr



Twilight Sparkle was banished from Equestria a long time ago. Now when the rest of the Mane 6 finds her, they find that she has changed.

  • ...
77
 1,095
 16,648

Act I - Chapter 15 - Unforeseen Circumstances

The Alicorn Warrior

Written by iAmSiNnEr

Edited by Stinium_Ruide

Writing assisted by MIGHTY_C

Chapter 15- Unforeseen Circumstances


Pushing open the door to the dining room, Twilight was surprised to see a carrier pigeon waiting for her on the table. “A carrier pigeon this early…?” She wondered out loud.

“Who sent that to you?” Rainbow asked interestedly.

“It came through the window ten minutes ago!” a cheerful voice said from behind them, prompting both Twilight and Rainbow to jump.

“Pinkie!” Twilight sighed, recognizing the familiar, bubbly pink pony. “Don’t surprise us like that!”

“Surprise?” Pinkie blinked. “I didn’t think you’d be surprised by me just telling you how long ago the bird came! Speaking of which, I think it has something for you, Twilight.”

Twilight nodded. “A letter,” she pried the letter from its legs, and the pigeon gratefully chirped before flying out of the window back to where it came from. “And it’s from…” she frowned. “Hard Line? Why is he contacting me?”

“Read it!” Rainbow urged. “Maybe something happened and I can get to kick some ass!”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “First of all, Rainbow, you didn’t ‘kick ass’ when the griffons took you down, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, yeah, I would have beaten them if they didn’t ambush us!” Rainbow brushed her off. “They just sneaked up on us and took us down after I knocked out the first two!”

Twilight shook her head and sighed. “Whatever. Let me just read this…” she opened the letter with her magic. After giving it a quick scan, she blinked in surprise. “What…?”

“Whazzit say?” Pinkie asked, looking over her shoulder on tiptoes.


“Sparkle,” Twilight read aloud. “Just last evening, the town’s ponies contacted me with a request. They’ve heard about your imminent departure, and I’ve since deduced that they inferred this from all the travelling materials you bought. They wish to see you in action one final time and give you a proper send-off. After all, you have been with them for four years, and it’s not unreasonable for them to want to ask for one last day of matches. If you accept my offer, be around at ten or so, and I’ll set everything up for the event scheduled for tomorrow. If you don’t want to, it’s fine, I’ll make some excuse on your behalf. Yours, Hard Line.” Twilight folded up the letter, and started to pace the room, deep in thought and contemplation.

“You gonna go?” Rainbow asked, her tone serious. “It sounds like they really really want this.”

“Ooh, ooh!” Pinkie bounced up and down excitedly. “It’s like a party! A Final-Fight-And-Send-Off party!”

“I think I might, honestly,” Twilight admitted. “It’s been a long four years, and they’ve been here for me the entire time. I guess I could just go back for a few days to give them this final request.”

“What final request, darling?” Rarity asked as she entered the room with Fluttershy, Applejack, Starlight and Spike.

“The townsfolk would like one final day of me at the arena,” Twilight summarised. “Because of me they’ve had a steady income from all the visitors all over the Badlands. Not to enlarge myself, but once I’m gone, that income is going to drop, and even though there’s still going to be the usual fights, I’m just not going to be there. They know they can’t stop me from leaving, so they’ve made a request for me to do one final day at the arena.”

“That sounds reasonable,” Applejack spoke up as she sat down, a plate of pancakes already there as Pinkie zipped around the room with the plates. “Ah mean, it’s not as if they’re asking for anything too much.”

“But don’t you want to go home, Twilight?” Fluttershy asked timidly in her soft, characteristic voice. “You said you did.”

“I did, yes,” Twilight admitted. “But I can’t just go just like that you see, do you know what I mean? I was already trying to think of how to explain to the townsfolk now. With this, I can kill two birds with one stone. I can satisfy them and leave on a parting note.”

“Then you should do it, of course,” Starlight said, sitting down too. “But how would this work?”

Twilight pondered over the question. “I believe it would be an open challenge, and anyone who wishes to come forward can challenge me openly,” she said. “Of course, I could be wrong, but it’s just my assumption.”

“Then I’d like to pit myself against you,” Starlight proposed, her tone suddenly turning serious. “Just to see if me training my magic in the last four years has improved my chances against you.”

Twilight smiled earnestly. “I won’t go easy, though!” she teased.

“That goes without saying,” Starlight affirmed, giving her a slight nod. “I won’t go easy too.”

“You’re really serious about this, aren’t you?” Twilight asked, raising her eyebrows. “Very well. I am also interested in who’ll turn up to try their luck.”

“Yeah, who’ll even bother to try anyways?” Rainbow mumbled through a mouthful of pancakes. “From what we saw, you beat that dragon so easily, it’s not like as if any other pony can beat you-”

“Manners, Rainbow!” Rarity chastised. “But yes, Rainbow has a point. Who do you think would try to challenge you? You being an alicorn does give you a massive advantage, after all.”

“There’s a few that I know who will keep coming back for more,” Twilight started, as she tried to recall. “There’s a unicorn called Maul, who has magical aptitude, but lacks endurance; Linus, who is the complete opposite...and umm...quite a number, actually. They are at least a good sport unlike some of my other opponents.”

“Well, darling, know that we’ll support you no matter what,” Rarity assured her. “You can do whatever you set your mind to, and I’m certain you’ll be able to floor all of them. Isn’t that right, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy nodded hesitantly, though her concern for Twilight was evident.

“What’s wrong?” Twilight asked.

“Is there going to be a large crowd?” she asked softly.

“Most likely, yes,” Twilight replied. “Remember that match with the dragon? And while I do recall you not being the best with a large crowd…” she lapsed into a thoughtful silence. “I could arrange for you all to get into a private viewing area, only for you girls and Spike,” she offered. “But if you don’t want to come, that’s fine too, you can just stay here and check out the house. But I’d really appreciate the support.”

“We’ll come, sugarcube,” Applejack affirmed. “We’re not much of friends if we don’t support each other, are we now?”

“Thank you,” Twilight smiled, before frowning. “I just realized something. Pinkie, where’d you get all the dough for the pancakes?”

“I got it from the bakery!” Pinkie beamed.

“How...did you pay them?” Twilight asked, silently hoping that Pinkie did not pilfer from the bakery under her nose.

“I didn’t!” Pinkie exclaimed cheerfully. “I just gave them a really good recipe of mine for the Ultra-Super-Duper-Frosty-Cupcake! They really really liked it, so they gave me a bunch of things in exchange!”

“Ah,” Twilight nodded. “For a moment there I thought you took the dough without paying.”

“What kind of pony do you think I am?” Pinkie giggled. “I’ll find a way to pay somehow, don’t you worry you silly-dilly!”

Twilight smiled before beginning to eat her pancakes. It certainly feels good to have them back around me…

“So we’ll have to extend our stay here, then?” Rarity asked.

“Yes.” Swallowing the bite of the pancake she just took, Twilight nodded. “But I’m sure you’ll find something to do in the meantime. For example, Rarity, there’s a seamstress three houses from here; she’s the one that designs the clothes around here, along with any other requests you might have.”

“A seamstress?” Rarity’s eyes gleamed. “Now, darling, why didn’t you tell me straight away? I need to see everyone else’s work so that I can improve on my own designs! Oh, and also add the fact that I haven’t touched a sewing machine for so long…”

Twilight chuckled. “I can send her a note, and let her know that a friend of mine is visiting. She’ll be glad to accommodate you, I’m sure; she’s designed a few things for me before. For my alter-egos, of course.”

“Thank you, darling,” Rarity nodded.

“As for the rest of you…” Twilight looked at them. “I’m sure you’ll find something to do, the town’s pretty diverse.”

Pinkie nodded enthusiastically. “Yepperoni! So many different ponies, so many different shops! SQUEEEEE!”

“As for me, I’ll be making a visit to the Arena,” Twilight finished. “Hard Line wants me there so we can settle things for tomorrow.”

“You wouldn’t mind if I followed you, right Twilight?” Starlight requested.

“Of course not!” Twilight nodded. “Why, though?”

“Oh, I don’t know, I just want to check out the place,” Starlight uttered. “Look around a bit, you know?”

“Sure!” Twilight smiled. “I’m sure Hard Line would be more than pleased to answer any questions you have too; it’s the fruit of his hard work, after all.”

“Thanks, Twilight.”

“Well,” Twilight stood up, having already finished her pancakes. “I’ll have to go now, to get some things ready. I’ll meet you girls back here for lunch, alright?”

All of them nodded. “Okay!” Pinkie nodded. “I’ll be back here on the dot!”

“Great!” Twilight smiled. “Come with me then, Starlight. And uh, Rarity, don’t worry I’ll send that note ahead for you…”


A presence watched as the ponies exited the house, before smirking to itself once the door closed. “Well well well, Sparkle… what a nice house you have here, eh?”

He teleported, appearing in a room filled with weapons. “Shabby,” he tutted disapprovingly.

Teleporting again, he appeared in the room Twilight and Rainbow were in earlier. “Better, but honestly? Too cliche.”

This time, he appeared into a room filled with Twilight’s drawings and paintings. “It’s a shame she has to leave most of these behind…” he mused. “Perhaps I could arrange for something once this is all over, eh? Equestria would certainly like these…”

“Whatever!” Teleporting again, he appeared in Twilight’s room. “Pfft, thought she would have had some kind of secret thingmajig around. What kind of room doesn’t have a secret compartment? Booooooring.”

“The house is just so boring,” it complained. “At least Sparkle isn’t as boring…” chuckling to himself, he teleported away for the final time, leaving the house, leaving the echo of a laugh behind.

Author's Note:

I just realized something.

Wouldn't this mean that Twilight is missing during Forgotten Friendship, EqG?

If that is so, correct me if I'm wrong...


SUNSET SHIMMER VOTED BIGGEST MEANIE BY THE WHOLE SCHOOL AGAIN! - says the school newspapers' headlines.


Jokes aside, I wanted to ask all of you a question. Would you guys like to see the evil side more often? I was considering writing more chapters of the evil side, but I wanted to get your input. Comment down below if you want more chapters like chapter 14!

Also, apologies for the short chapter, next one'll be longer, I promise!