• Published 12th Jul 2020
  • 16,648 Views, 1,095 Comments

The Alicorn Warrior - iAmSiNnEr



Twilight Sparkle was banished from Equestria a long time ago. Now when the rest of the Mane 6 finds her, they find that she has changed.

  • ...
77
 1,095
 16,648

Act I - Chapter 13 - The Room of Treasures

The Alicorn Warrior

Written by iAmSiNnEr

Edited by Stinium_Ruide

Chapter 13- The Room of Treasures


Twilight glanced out of the window, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up.

What was that dream? She wondered, her initial anger ebbing away to give way to her analytical side. It sure looked as if someone was guiding it...the doors opened for me, and everything seemed to be exactly ready for me to come in and watch the proceedings...

That end, though… a spark of anger inside her ignited as she recalled the look on Raven’s face, but she put it out. She had put me through so much…

She sighed as she stretched on her bed, looking outside. The sun hasn’t even risen yet…

We’re leaving for Equestria today, aren’t we? She hopped out of her bed and onto her hooves. I should probably see what I want to take with me.

Pushing open her door, she stepped into the familiar hallway that she had walked for the last three years since she had acquired the house. It seems a shame to leave all the memories I’ve kept here… she blinked. Memories! That’s right! How could I forget…

She hurried down the hallway, making sure not to make any noise so as to not wake the others up. The carpet probably helped, muffling most of the noise from her hoofsteps. Turning a corner, she stopped at a dead end, a wall right in front of her.

Well, not really. This should be where I kept them…. She trotted through the ‘wall’, and as she passed through the wall, the air around her shimmered, the wall being a simple illusion to keep unwanted intruders away.

Behind this fake wall, there was a staircase leading downwards, which Twilight knew led to where she kept the items she needed. Trotting down the staircase, she glanced at the runes laid on the walls around her. I was really paranoid, wasn’t I? A thaumic energy emanated from these orbs of power, seeking to repel even the most stealthy intrusion into this place.

After a minute or so, she arrived at the bottom, where there was a wrought iron door set into the wall. Now, let’s see… Her horn lit up, pulling the door open. Instantaneously, the runes on the handle lit up, recognising her magical aura, and allowed her entry into the room.

As the door swung open, Twilight trotted into a large room where various artifacts and valuables were kept on display, including the broken remains of Quick Leash’s Spellblade. This was where she kept all the items she deemed too dangerous to fall into the wrong hooves.

But she was not here for these items today, and instead she headed straight for the back of the room, where glittering crystals of all colors were laid out neatly on the display stand.

Memory crystals. Designed to be able to hold memories as their name would suggest, Twilight had found them useful, being able to watch her own memories from the viewpoint of a spectator. She had used them to analyze fights, discovert her own mistakes, and improve on them. Today, however, she had an entirely different purpose.

Which should I bring with me? Twilight wondered. I can’t bring them all, there’s just too many…

A particular yellow crystal caught her eye. Wasn’t that the one where I had to face that thunderbird? She mused. That was a particularly hard opponent. Add that onto the fact I couldn’t use my magic…

Perhaps...I should revisit some of these? Twilight wondered. It’d certainly help with deciding which few to take with me.

Alright, then, Twilight decided. Let’s see… She looked at the crystals displayed there. How about...this one? She reached out for a green crystal, and as her hoof made contact with the crystal the world around her dissolved.


She was fighting a giant sandworm, the creature had already eaten three of the town’s inhabitants. Every time she fired a spell at it, it was either deflected off its strong hide or it just burrowed underground.

Twilight fired another spell, but it was deflected yet again. The sandworm and her were at an impasse, neither could get anywhere as both were not giving an inch. The sandworm roared at her, the ring of sharp teeth showing themselves as it opened its mouth.

“Die!” Twilight shouted, this time firing a blue-colored bolt into the mouth. The spell entered the worm and it convulsed as the spell did its work, burning away its insides with blue flames.


Twilight shook her head as the scene dissolved. I almost forgot how immersive these were…

“Twi..?” a familiar voice came from behind her.

Did she follow me? Twilight turned around to see Rainbow Dash there, looking around curiously. “What’s all this, Twilight?”

Seems like the runes worked as intended...allowing only friends in...

“The most dangerous artifacts and items I have collected over the years,” Twilight frowned. “So, please don’t touch any of them unless I say you can. Besides, how did you find me?”

Rainbow yawned. “I normally wake up early for a flight, but when I opened my door I saw you creeping along the hallway so I decided to follow ya. Then when you went through that wall, I knew that I made the right decision following you! Why didn’t you tell us you had secret rooms?”

Twilight sighed. “As I said, dangerous artifacts and items. Some can explode if you don’t handle them properly, which is why I put them in blast-proof casings. Especially that one,” she pointed at the remains of the Spellblade. “I’m still not sure if that still can absorb magic.”

“Is that the magic-sucking sword you told us about?” Rainbow asked, interested.

“Yes,” Twilight said tersely. “And please don’t touch it.”

“Ooh!” Rainbow exclaimed, rushing forward to another item on display. “Whazzat?” she pointed at an amulet.

“Long story short, mind control shenanigans,” Twilight muttered. “I’ll probably destroy it when we leave.”

Rainbow glanced around the vast array of artifacts and knick-knacks. “You know...this is a large collection, even for four years,” she said. “Where’d you get this many?”

“I acquired some from traders,” Twilight explained. “And some just by coming across them. As long as they’re dangerous, I prefer to keep them close so no one else could use them.”

“That sounds a tad bit paranoid,” Rainbow observed pointedly, frowning.

“Paranoia can save your life in the Badlands,” Twilight murmured. “Many times have I kept my own life because I took many precautions. Before, in Equestria, I would have never wanted to learn the warding spell. Now, I learnt it because they’re extremely useful to ward off sudden attacks.”

“Sudden attacks?” Rainbow got the meaning. “Who’d want to assassinate you?”

“Oh, you know,” Twilight sighed. “The usual griffons, some idiots wanting my position, the normal stuff.”

“Normal?” Rainbow blanched at the thought of that. “Attempted assassinations aren’t normal, Twi.”

“For me, it is,” Twilight said grimly. “We have no laws out here, the only way a murder can be punished is if a friend or associate of the killed goes after the killer.”

“That sounds dark,” Rainbow muttered. “But I guess that makes sense.”

“Right,” Twilight tilted her head. I did promise to tell the girls everything. At least Dash is a little stronger than the others, maybe I could try this out on her first?

“Dash?” Twilight asked. “Remember when I promised I would tell you girls everything?”

“Yeah?” Rainbow nodded.

“Go on,” Twilight encouraged, meeting Rainbow’s eyes. “Ask me any question, and I’ll answer them.”

“Well…” Rainbow tapped a hoof on the ground, glancing away for a moment. “First of all, what are those?” She gestured at the memory crystals.

“Memory crystals,” Twilight answered, surprised at Rainbow’s question. “I can store memories in them and revisit them whenever I want.”

“Revisit them?” Rainbow asked thoughtfully. “So, like, basically easy memory access.”

“That’s it, yes,” Twilight nodded. “Except that you’re going to be watching the memories from a spectator’s point of view.”

“Why haven’t we heard of them before?” Rainbow wondered. “Like, in Equestria.”

“Oh, they do exist in Equestria,” Twilight said sagely. “But thing is, more and more kept getting broken, and the knowledge of how to make them were passed on to fewer and fewer ponies, though they still remain in academic literature. One can easily fabricate them with reference to these, and I was one of those few who-” she looked up. “Rainbow Dash!” The pegasus had wandered off after getting bored of Twilight’s history lesson.

“Yeah?” Rainbow poked her head out from behind one of the display cabinets.

Twilight huffed. “If you ask a question, I expect you to be able to stay until I’ve finished answering it.”

“What?” Rainbow protested. “Yeah, yeah, I got what you said. Only eggheads like you find the way through books and make them. What else is there to know?”

Twilight blinked. “You...actually listened.”

“Mhm,” Rainbow nodded. “I just don’t like staying in the same place too long. Don’t worry,” she winked. “I’ll listen to your lectures. After all, I haven’t listened to them in four years.”


Twilight rolled her eyes. “Whatever. What are you so engrossed in?”

“This,” Rainbow gestured. “Why is there just a bunch of rocks?”

Twilight peered at the display cabinet. “Rocks?” Her eyes widened in recognition. “Oh.”

“Oh, what?” Rainbow looked at her.

“I forgot these existed,” Twilight admitted. “Those aren’t rocks. These are just giant mana channeling crystals I shrunk down. Not exactly dangerous in their own right, but if used by the wrong creatures could be disastrous.”

“Why?” Rainbow asked. “They don’t seem so dangerous to me.”

“You can literally amplify your spells using these giant crystals,” Twilight explained. “For example, it can expand the range of your spells at least a hundredfold.”

“Wha-” Rainbow blinked. “Then why aren’t there many of them?”

“They’re found in the Dragonlands,” Twilight told her. “And the dragons ate most of them, they’re one of the dragons’ favorite snacks. After all, what better gem to eat than one that’s so magically potent?”

“Oh,” Rainbow nodded. “Cool.”

“You know,” Twilight glanced back at the memory crystals. “Before you came in I was looking through the memory crystals, seeing which I should take with us back to Equestria.”

Rainbow looked at her curiously.

“Would you…” Twilight asked cautiously. “Like to look at one with me?” Let’s see her reaction...

“Sure!” Rainbow said cheerfully.

Twilight nodded. “Prepare yourself, then.” Her horn lit up, and the both of them entered the memory.


Rainbow blinked as the memory ended. “Wow…” she mumbled. “Now I know that dragon wasn’t your strongest opponent…”

“Yeah,” Twilight nodded. “I faced much worse than him. Didn’t help that the dragon couldn’t fly.”

“Mhm,” Rainbow nodded. “Y’know, the group’s never been the same without you.”

“Oh?” Twilight turned to look at her. “What do you mean?”

“Pinkie got a little distant and less cheerful,” Rainbow explained, sighing as she continued. “Only when we found you again, she became her usual self. Even Applejack was a little more withdrawn. The only pony I think didn’t change was Rares, she kept the group going.”

“Ah,” Twilight nodded. “Well, we’re back together now, I hope we can go back to where we were before.”

“Same here, Twi, same here,” Rainbow replied.

“Wanna get out of here?” Twilight asked. “I think I’ll collect whatever I want later, it’s almost breakfast time and there’s some things I need to discuss with everyone.”

“Yep,” Rainbow agreed. “Itching for a bit of a flight myself too, I think I spent too much time here.”

“Then let’s go, shall we?” Twilight let Rainbow go first, and the both of them left the room without looking back as the door closed.

Author's Note:

Comment down below if you would like to see a memory in a blog post

No promises, though, exams are coming.