• Published 12th Jul 2020
  • 16,639 Views, 1,095 Comments

The Alicorn Warrior - iAmSiNnEr



Twilight Sparkle was banished from Equestria a long time ago. Now when the rest of the Mane 6 finds her, they find that she has changed.

  • ...
77
 1,095
 16,639

Act I - Chapter 12 - I...See...You...

The Alicorn Warrior

Written by iAmSiNnEr

Edited by Stinium_Ruide

Chapter 12- I...see...you


Twilight opened her eyes to familiar surroundings. A brown polished mahogany desk stood in front of her, along with an empty chair. Two burly stallions stood in front of the door as if they were waiting for somepony. And Twilight knew exactly who they were waiting for.

“This is Quick Leash’s office,” she whispered under her breath. “But why am I here? And more importantly, how…?”

She stepped up to the stallions. “Why am I here?” she demanded.

The stallions remained silent.

“Hello?” Twilight asked. “You there?” She reached out a hoof to nudge the stallions. As her hoof was about to make contact, it passed through the stallion. Twilight yelped and leapt back in surprise.

“A memory…” she murmured. “But of whose?”

Voices filtered through the door as two pairs of hoofsteps got closer, one of them filling Twilight with hatred. “Him,” she snarled. “How-”

The door opened, revealing Quick Leash and a blue coloured griffon. “I understand,” Quick Leash was saying. “But the ramifications of having an alicorn-”


“What would an alicorn princess be doing so far away from her home country?” The blue griffon interrupted. “I see two ways this might have happened. One, she was cast out. Two, she’s on a foolish adventure that somehow brought her to us. Lady Shadowcrest would surely want us to capitalise on this.”

Lady Shadowcrest? Twilight frowned. I’ve never heard of that name...

“The thing is,” Quick Leash retorted. “I know her. Her name is Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship. If her mentor, the princess of Equestria, comes looking for her, we’re all screwed if she brings hellfire down on us.””

Quick Leash sat down behind his desk and brought out a few papers. “Records show that she was severely dehydrated and was already starving,” he read. “The physician says that she’s been travelling for several days, at least a week, and her wings have not been in use for a long time, judging by their state.”

“That only proves my point,” the griffon argued. “If she was on official business, why did she not get any supplies? It just shows that she’s unwanted and would be a gold mine for the arena. Creatures from all over the Badlands will want to see an alicorn fight-”

“Larkin,” Quick Leash interrupted. “I was from Equestria. A princess will not simply be cast out. They stick together-”

“What about that Nightmare Moon incident then, eh?” Larkin countered. “We didn’t even know that was a thing until that day when the moon covered the sun. From our spies, we discovered Nightmare Moon was banished by her own sister. Princesses can turn on each other. Who knows? Maybe she offended the Princess of the Sun in some way.”

Quick Leash growled. “You’re not seeing this rationally. You may be Lady Shadowcrest’s deputy, but you still haven’t learnt how to see past profits. We should send the alicorn back, before any repercussions happen.”

“No,” Larkin stated firmly. “You said it yourself. I am Lady Shadowcrest’s deputy, and I make the final decisions here if she’s not around. I say we keep the alicorn, put her out on display for fights. If the reports are right…” he snatched a piece of paper off the table. “Her mana levels are enormous. She should be interesting to watch-”

“And here we disagree again, idiot,” Quick Leash said irritably. “She may have a high mana level, but think about it for a second. If you really want her to have free reign of her magic, you have feathers for brains.”

“You dare-” Larkin started.

“I do.” Quick Leash cut across him. “She. Is. An. Alicorn. Princess. Or was, according to your theory. She would have a high sense of righteousness. Do you think she’s going to allow what we’re doing here? If you want her to fight, we’ll have to put inhibitor rings on her, or else she’s going to break out, or worse, break out then release every fighter we have.”

“Bah!” Larkin tossed the piece of paper back at Quick Leash. “How is no magic fighting worth anything? The audience won’t be entertained.”

“What if we bring out some of our medium strength fighters?” Quick Leash mused, before shaking his head. “What am I saying? Why am I even trying to help you in this foolish endeavour?”

“Because I say so,” Larkin snarled. “Remember where you come from, Leash. Lady Shadowcrest could have had you executed. But you only lived because she saw your value. I’m beginning to think that she had miscalculated-”

“You doubt Lady Shadowcrest?” Quick Leash raised an eyebrow. “I’ll be sure to mention it in my next report to her…”

Larkin suddenly looked afraid. “I’m sure there’s no need for that,” he mumbled. “Okay, okay, she’ll fight without her magic.”

“Let’s just say I’m going along with your harebrained idea…” Quick Leash muttered. “Which I am still sticking to my opinion that it’s completely idiotic. But, let’s just say, theoretically, we go along with your plan of using the mare. I’ll offer her a choice. Fight for us, or no magic. Of course, I won’t mention the second option.”

“She’ll rake in the gold,” Larkin said gleefully. “Once the Badlands hear we have an alicorn, everyone will start flocking to us. They were already coming in droves when they heard that we have managed to get a dragon. A bit of a disappointment for them when they found out he had no wings, but we still earned quite a lot from that.”

“Not so fast,” Quick Leash said, annoyed. “You’re getting tunnel-visioned again. I still have to set everything up. If she’s as powerful as the reports show she is, I’ll need to hire a blacksmith to design us an inhibitor ring that can contain her magic. In fact, I’ll probably order five or six just in case she breaks one or two.”

“Fine, fine,” Larkin replied, his confidence setting back in. “Do what you need to. Get her set up and into that arena. I’ll be reporting back to Lady Shadowcrest today, do not disappoint her.”

“Of course,” Quick Leash sounded bored now that he was back in his element. “And I assume I’ll receive the usual commission? It was my ponies that found her, after all.”

“You’ll get your commission,” Larkin replied as he opened the door, about to leave. “Just get the alicorn into the arena. Goodbye.” The door closed as he left.

Quick Leash sighed as he stared at the pieces of paper he had on his desk. “Twilight Sparkle,” he murmured. “I can see that being catchy…” Twilight yelped in surprise as the scene dissolved, turning into a swirl of colours.

“How am I seeing this?” Twilight asked herself as another scene began to construct itself. “This shouldn’t even be possible…”

This time, she was in Canterlot Castle. For some reason, the place was eerily empty.

“Hello-? Oh, yeah, this is a memory…” she wandered the corridors, looking for somepony, or even anypony for that matter. The emptiness...it disturbed her.

As she turned the corner, she saw the two tall doors that led into the throne room. She blinked in surprise. I hadn’t even intended on coming here…

The doors swung open as Twilight neared, and this time she wasn’t even surprised. It’s as if somepony wants to show me something…

Princess Celestia stood there, and Twilight flinched a little as memories of her banishment came rushing back. She so wanted to hate her mentor for it, but she could not find that hatred in herself to do so. “Princess Celestia…” Twilight murmured. “I know you probably can’t hear me in this memory, but I want to get this off my chest. I don’t blame you for that day, well, maybe a little bit, but I have mostly forgiven you. Four years is a long time to think about the day I’ll finally see you again, and I’ve thought over how this could go several dozens of times.

“Maybe,” Twilight said ruefully. “When we get back together we can-”

“What?!” Celestia snapped. Twilight’s eyes widened as she backed up.

“Y-you can hear me?” Twilight squeaked, but Celestia gave no indication that she heard her. Celestia seemed to be distracted by something, her eyes focused on nothing.

“Twilight…” Celestia said sadly as her eyes refocused. “What have you done?”

“Princess,” a formal voice said from behind Twilight. Twilight blinked. That voice…

Raven Inkwell stepped into Twilight’s sight, her ever-present clipboard floating in front of her. “Princess Celestia,” she said respectfully as she sank into a bow.

“Raven,” Celestia said distractedly. “You and I have gone over this many times. You need not bow to me.”

“I know,” Raven said. “But you are the Princess of Equestria, and I am obliged to do so. You looked distraught when I entered. May I ask what is disturbing you?”

“Twilight,” Celestia replied after a moment’s thought. “I just felt a giant wave of time-magic from her castle. It shook the very foundations of time itself, and I am worried as to what has happened.”

“Time magic?” Raven said curiously. “Isn’t that forbidden magic?”

“It is,” Celestia said gravely. “Which is why I am conflicted. Normally, if it were any other pony, I would banish them, but this is Twilight we’re talking about, and she must have had a good reason-”

“Princess,” Raven interrupted. “If I may be so rude to interrupt, but you yourself said that you have no favourites. Princess Twilight is no exception. If you make exceptions for her, the others will start to question you.”

So it was Raven who convinced Celestia to banish me...Twilight was flabbergasted. But she’s the last one I would have thought to have done this! She’s never been anything but nice to me….

Celestia sighed. “I know. But-”

“Princess Celestia,” Raven said silkily. “You know that this is the right thing to do.” Twilight blinked. Raven’s tone had clearly just shifted suddenly from formal to persuasive. What in the…

“Princess Twilight is a threat to this nation,” Raven continued. “If you allow her to stay, she will only keep using her magic to shake the foundations you’ve built up, and cause chaos to run rampant.”

Celestia shook her head, but she looked confused now. “What…?” she mumbled. “Twilight isn’t a threat…”

What is happening here?! Twilight blinked hard, and then dug a hoof into both her ears to make sure she was hearing it right. Why would Raven do this to me?

“Banish her,” Raven said persuasively. “And Equestria will be safe. You know that this is the right thing to do.”

“Yes…” Celestia muttered. “I will.”

“And of course,” Raven smirked. “I was never here.” Only now did Twilight notice that Raven had her horn lit. “You thought of this yourself, and I am still settling the accounts for you.”

“You were settling the accounts,” Celestia muttered. “You were never here.”


“Celestia!” Twilight cried out, even though she knew Celestia couldn’t hear her. “Don’t listen to her! She’s using beguiling magic!”

Celestia nodded firmly as Raven slipped away, exiting the throne room and disappearing round a corner. “Twilight must be banished. This is too grave of an offence to let it slide.” She materialised a quill and parchment, scribbled something before her magic teleported it to Twilight’s castle. “Now…” a tinge of regret came into her voice. “Comes the hard part.”

The scene dissolved, and Twilight bolted upright in her bed, breathing heavily. So that’s why she banished me! Twilight stood up and looked out of her window. “When I return to Equestria,” she swore. “Raven, you and I will have words.”

Author's Note:

Madness.