• Published 11th Jul 2020
  • 845 Views, 12 Comments

Wrong Address - YourUncleFuncle



When Rainbow Dash accidentally sends an embarrassing item to Fluttershy, she needs to get it back before she can open it.

  • ...
0
 12
 845

The Package

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville, and Rainbow Dash has just gotten done with her weather patrol duties for the morning. It wasn’t very hard today, just a few stray, out of place clouds that needed to be cleared, then she was done. She could just take a nap on a cloud and rest there for a while before she needed to fly down to Fluttershy’s cottage for the get together she and her friends were having.

The blue pegasus landed at her big cloud home with the full intention of going to her room, jumping in her bed, and taking a mid-morning nap. Nopony liked sleeping more than her, and it wasn’t very hard to see why. Clouds made a very comfortable mattress, and most pegasus ponies preferred it to a usual mattress that unicorns and earth ponies use. Rainbow Dash was often seen resting or napping on such clouds when she wasn’t helping with the weather or practicing her tricks. She may have been a hot shot Wonderbolt now, but back home in Ponyville she was known as the biggest napper anypony has ever seen.

Rainbow passed her mailbox before backpedaling as soon as she saw that she had received a letter and a package while she had been gone. She read the addresses on both before continuing, just to make sure it had been delivered to the right place this time.

“Hey, what do you know,” she said to herself, “Derpy got it right today! Good for her!”

She then walked into her house and put the two items on her desk in her room. She hadn’t used it much anymore, but it still could come in handy if she ever needed to write anything. She pulled up a chair and opened the letter, from Fluttershy.

Dear Rainbow Dash, I know this may seem a little late, but I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind picking up some candy on the way to the party. Bon Bon is having a special today and I have my hooves full with the preparations. Thank you so very much. Your friend, Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash smiled at the sweet letter, making a mental note to swing by the sweets shop beforehand, before looking at the big wooden package.She rolled her eyes as she saw that it had come from her parents, realizing that what was in the letter was probably something really embarrassing. She picked it up

She gasped and silently cheered as she read the return address, and then proceeded to open the box as fast as she could. Inside was a big pillow plush pillow with the image of her hero, Daring Do, laying in a slightly...provocative position. The earthly equivalent of what she had just received is an anime pillow.

Rainbow Dash blushed as she carried the pillow over to her bed, admiring the image that was on it, and setting it down. She was about to turn around to write her reply to Fluttershy when she did a double take at her pillow.

She almost missed a small defect that was on the side of her pillow, where it appeared as though a seam had popped, and there was pillow fluff coming through the hole that was left from it.

Rainbow Dash huffed before taking it and putting it back into the box, hoping to return it and get one without a defect. She then went to her desk and scribbled out a note to whomever got the box, asking to exchange the one she had. Afterwards she placed the note on top of the pillow in the box, placed the top of the box back on, resealed it with some tape she had at her desk, and wrote the words, “return to sender” on the top.

She then got out another sheet of paper and bit down on her pencil to write a response to her friend.

Dear Fluttershy, No problem! I’ll get enough for everyone plus a little more. You know how much Pinkie eats. See you later, Rainbow Dash.

Now baring the package and the letter, she flew both of them down to her mailbox again, placing the letter inside and the package beside it. Satisfied, she quickly flew back up her stairs and into her room and rested on her bed, drifting off to dreams of flying and playing with her pet tortoise, Tank.

Little did she know that the return address from the package had slipped off the box while she was resealing it.

And little did she know that Derpy would be there to collect both of them before she woke up.

After about three hours of napping, Rainbow Dash woke up and stared at her clock. She had about a half an hour before she had to go to Fluttershy’s cottage, so she started to get ready, and by that, of course, she got a snack from her fridge and then flew out the door.

As she flew she admired the view as she passed the lake so shiny and blue and as she descended she flew through the only cloud in the clear sky anew which caused her vision to go askew and to crash into Ditzy Doo.

They were both sent through the sky, flipping round and round and upside down before they both gained their composure, Rainbow Dash a little faster than Derpy.

“Sorry about that, Derpy, I guess my head was a little bit in the clouds. Get it?”

“Good one Rainbow Dash,” Derpy said between giggles, “sorry for crashing into you. I didn’t see you coming.”

“It’s not your fault,” Rainbow said with a smile. “By the way, did you already collect my mail? I saw that the box wasn’t there on my way back out.”

Derpy thought for a second before her face lit up. “Oh yeah! I was ahead of schedule for once so I was able to pick up the outgoing mail faster today! I’m getting a lot better at this job!”

The pride that Derpy took in a job well done made Rainbow Dash smile. “Good for you, Derpy. I’m just glad you managed to send them both so quickly.”

“It wasn’t that hard considering they were both going to the same place.”

Rainbow Dash nodded in agreement before the sentence sunk into her head and she raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean by that?”

Derpy gave her a confused look before explaining, “Well there wasn’t a return address on the box, and when I saw that the letter was going to Fluttershy’s cottage, I assumed that the package was going to the same place, so I delivered them both to the cottage. Sorry Rainbow, but I better be going. See you later!” Derpy then turned around and flew in the direction she was going when Rainbow crashed into her.

Rainbow Dash felt her heart sink into her chest as she realized what that meant. Fluttershy was going to see the pillow!

“Oh no,” she muttered, “that wasn’t supposed to go to her.”

She felt her face heat up as she thought about what her pegasus friend would think if she saw such a sight. She would most likely pass out, knowing how sensitive her friend could be to that kind of stuff. Celestia knows that her friend is quite possibly the most clean minded mare in all of Equestria, and Rainbow didn’t want to expose Fluttershy to something like that.

Added on to the fact was that the party was happening and she didn’t want to be embarrassed in front of them. Fluttershy probably wouldn’t tell their friends anything, but if Applejack or Pinkie Pie found out she might never hear the end of it.

Rainbow Dash turned around quickly and flew off towards Bon Bon’s Candy Shop to get the errand over with as quick as possible. On the way there she kept saying the same thing over and over again.

“I’ve got to get that pillow back.”

Author's Note:

I hope you liked the rhyming in that one paragraph. The idea just popped into my head, so it probably sounds a lot different from the rest of the story. Thanks for reading!