• ...
3
 54
 3,018

Introduction: Just Another Industrialist Morning...

“Wake up, Flutters,” a familiar voice said.

“Hrrngh…”

“Wake up.”

“Hrnggh…”

“It’s morning, wake up!” A gentle nudge, just enough to turn Fluttershy over. A gentle kiss was found upon her lips.

“Fine, Pinkie, fine…” she mumbled quietly, opening her eyes to the sight of her marefriend, Pinkie Pie, standing over her.

“Goodie!” Pinkie smiled and hopped off the bed, looking at herself in the mirror. Fluttershy looked over to Pinkie; that pony of various pinks, a line of hoop earrings up the outer edge of both of her ears. She noticed that Pinkie was wearing a grey graphic tee, the graphic being of her cutie mark. She also noticed that she was wearing black athletic shorts, white lines adorning the sides of each. Her hair was that of its usual grandeur: a poofy mane and tail that looked more like cotton candy than anything else. She smiled and got up, cracking her neck and walking over to Pinkie Pie to give her a hug.

“What time is it?” Fluttershy yawned while hugging her marefriend.

“About 9:05 A.M. silly!” A typical Pinkie Pie response.

“Oh…” she walked over to their shared walk-in closet, enjoying the feel of the freshly-put, soft velvet red carpet, and began searching for some clothes to put on; she can’t just go out the way she was, she wasn’t a prostitute or a nudist. Hmm, hmm, what to wear… aha! She pulled out an off-white graphic tee, emblazoned with what seemed to be a spray-painted heart of cyan, pink and red, and a pair of light black, tight jean-shorts. She closed the doors of the previously-left-open closet, and took in her surroundings one last time before she began the day; the velvet red carpet, the off-white walls, the maple closet doors and frame, the wall made entirely of glass windows, the frames matching the off-white of the walls…

“What do you think will happen today?” Pinkie inquired.

“Don’t know, almost afraid to find out.” She had quieted down quite a bit on the last part and smirked; she knew that here anything could happen. She slipped the shirt on and, with Pinkie’s help, was able to get the comfortable-but-snug shorts on. Pinkie began putting Fluttershy’s hair up into a stylish bun, leaving small sections to hang down on both sides. “How do I look?”

“Lookin’ gorgeous as always.” The remark had made Fluttershy smile. She always loved when Pinkie complimented her, it made her feel loved – don’t get her wrong, though, she knew Pinkie loved her beyond all comprehension. It’s just, sometimes, she wishes Pinkie would express it in less erratic ways, and she liked it calmer when it was just the two of them. “Annnd… finished!”

“Thanks, Pinkie.” She kissed Pinkie affectionately, holding it through for a few seconds, before pulling back and blushing. Pinkie smiled.

“Want some breakfast Flutters?”

Fluttershy nodded and walked to the floor-to-ceiling window as she heard Pinkie hop away into the hallway. She looked through the window and sighed, seeing that the metropolitan city of Manehattan beneath her had already began to bustle. I’m so happy here, I never thought that moving here and taking up an apartment with Pinkie would be so… satisfying. You see, Fluttershy was from Manehattan – however she, like many of the dwellers of this city, was living in the slums. Pinkie, on the other hand, well… she also lived in the slums. They lived together, for that matter. However with some luck, they had managed to win the lottery special “Lucky Pegasi’s” and got a substantial amount of money, enough to buy a mid-class high-rise apartment, and still keep themselves well-fed. And, of course, enough to go clubbing with their friends whenever they felt like it – which was every night, according to Pinkie.

She heard a ping and Pinkie shouting “Breakfast’s ready!” Well, time to go and start this day off, she thought to herself.