• Published 20th Jul 2020
  • 1,053 Views, 24 Comments

Ranger's Destiny: How It Must End - TasteDaRainbow



After facing Sombra in Equestria, the Rangers continued their mission on capturing Mustafa Ammar. But things went a little... haywire.

  • ...
5
 24
 1,053

Chapter 4

"Thanks again for letting us stay at your home, Applejack." Chase said while adjusting his position on his seat.

"It's nuthin' sugarcube," Applejack replied from behind, "Y'all need a place to stay and Ah'd be more than happy to help ya."

The Rainbooms' bus was slowly making its way towards Applejack's home. Big Mac was whistling the entire time while talking with Forbes. All of them already introduced themselves to one another. Sunset and her friends decided to accompany the Rangers and have a little talk at Applejack's home. The Rangers wouldn't mind that, they really need some relaxation anyway. Mainly rest. Tahir refused to come with them and wanted some time alone to himself while exploring the town. Mourning for the loss of his family, Tahir decided to avoid the situation between the Rangers and Ammar. He wanted to spend the rest of his life there, in the town, if they never going back home. Of course the Rangers didn't trust him completely, but they let him free nonetheless. Pinkie Pie however, decided to go back to the Sugarcube Corner because Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were going for some treats so Pinkie volunteered to keep an eye on them.

"You ever thought about what happened to our car and the witnesses there?" Chase asked, chuckling lightly. Daniel was sitting on the other side.

Daniel shook his head with a smile. "Probably they're looking for us right now. Who cares about that car anyway, we don't need that once we begin our hunt."

"Hey Daniel." Rainbow called out behind him.

"Yes Dash?"

"Just letting you know, if you guys ever need any help, don't hesitate to ask us okay?"

"Hell no, we're not involving you into this," Chase turned his attention to Rainbow, "Thank you so much for the offer but no, we don't want any of you girls get hurt because of this. This is our problem. Our war."

"We really appreciate your offer Dash, but like Chase said, we can do it by ourselves," Daniel replied, "Ain't that right Forbes?" He called out to his friend who was talking with Big Mac on the front seat.

"What?!" Forbes called back.

"Just say yes!"

"Damn you! I'd better be eating some apples at Applejack's home!"

The girls chuckled a bit at their attitude. The Rangers showed no fear at all while knowing that they were in a war and have the task to capture the person behind all of it. And the fact that the cold blooded person was still roaming around the town, didn't scare them at all. They continued some random conversation until the houses were replaced by acres and acres of apple trees.

"I bet those apple trees are yours Applejack?" Daniel asked while looking to the left side of the bus. The scenery to their right has changed to a more countryside-like.

"Ya got it right sugarcube," Applejack replied, "Me and mah brother Big Mac will be picking up some of the apples today. Prolly at noon."

"What for?" Chase asked.

"Apple cider."

"Why didn't you tell me you're going to make those?" Rainbow asked with her raspy voice.

"And why don't ya help us pick up the apples if ya really want those ciders?" Applejack retorted while raising an eyebrow.

"I think I can help you with that." Daniel said, still looking at the apple trees. A red house and a barn soon came into view. Technically that must be her house.

"Beg pardon?" Applejack looked at Daniel. Slightly surprised.

Daniel turned his attention to her with a warm smile. "Yeah, I can help you guys picking the apples for the ciders."

"Aren't you gonna get some rest Private?" Chase asked.

"Rest is for the weak. Besides, I ain't gonna sit my ass around while watching them working alone. And for the record, I have nothing better to do."

"We need a damn shower."

"I can do that after I help Applejack and Big Mac. Wait, excuse me Applejack, but do you mind if we use your shower?"

Applejack smiled before nodding. "Like Ah said. Ah'd be more than happy to help y'all. And thank ye so much for yer offer pardner. But don't force yerself if yer tired please."

Daniel opened his mouth to reply, only the voice didn't come from him. And the tone is deeper and very scratchy. "It's alright Applejack. It is the least I can do to repay your kindness and I too, would be more than happy to help you." Daniel slowly turned his head to Chase, who had a sly grin on his face.

Daniel paused for a moment before finally nod a little. "Okay, first of all you took my line. And second, I do not sound like a goat crowing." Rainbow and Applejack burst out laughing.

"Since when do goats crow anyway?" Rainbow wiped some of the tears from her eyes.

"I heard it when Chase innocently shot some random goat's ass with his airsoft."

"I did not." Chase retorted.

"You did." The bus then came to a stop on the side of the street.

"All right y'all," they heard Big Mac called, "We're here."

One by one, they slowly got out of the bus. The sun was shining and giving them its warm heat as cool fall breeze came whistling through the apple trees. Birds landed from tree to tree, singing their song of peace as if nothing could interrupt their simple lives. Chase took a moment to look around before inhaling the fresh clean air.

"Damn, I sure do miss this kind of scenery." Chase said, still admiring the environment.

"Aren't we all do?" Daniel smiled while looking at the blue sky above. Some clouds could be spotted here and there.

"My, my, Ah wasn't expecting some visitors." That voice. Daniel knew it well. He smiled slowly as his memory of the Sweet Apple Acres came back to him. The one and only, Granny Smith.

"Granny!" Applejack chuckled warmly and pulled her grandma into a hug. Forbes, Chase and Daniel instinctively waiting in front of them. "Granny, these are our new folks. Rangers as they called themselves. And they are soldiers."

"Ah can see that." Granny replied while adjusting her glasses.

"Sergeant Forbes, it's nice to meet you."

"Corporal Chase, at your service."

"Private Daniel, pleasure to meet you Ma'am."

"Aw shucks, ya can jus' call me Granny Smith." The Rangers nodded politely.

"Sorry Ah didn't tell ya before, but these folks here were happened to be lost. So Ah figured to bring 'em here for a few days." Applejack explained.

"That's very noble for you Applejack, but if ya bring 'em here, where will they sleep?" Granny asked, "One person can sleep on the couch. Aside from that, there's not much room for the rest of 'em."

Applejack couldn't say a word when she realized her Granny was right. But the Rangers remained calm. They've gone through worse before, and sleeping on an apple tree was one of the best place on their list. That, and the barn.

"The barn seems nice though." Chase said innocently while looking at the barn.

"Darling, you can't be serious right?" Rarity asked behind them.

"I mean, sleeping below an apple tree is fine, but a roof would do better."

"What about the smell? No offense Applejack, but I can't bear to see them sleep in such place. You all can sleep in my boutique if you want."

"Miss Rarity," Forbes turned around to face her warmly, "We've been through worse. Barn is one of the best place to sleep in the middle of a war."

"I'm very sorry to hear that." Rarity apologized. Which Forbes replied with a single nod and smile.

"Y'all sure wanna sleep in the barn?" Applejack was very concerned at the moment.

"Alright, enough you Rangers. One of you are going to come with me." Rarity said sternly.

"Rarity, we appreciate your offer, but-" Rarity stopped Daniel by using her finger on Daniel's mouth.

"No buts. It's very rude of you to reject an offer from a lady." She then looked at her friends. "Any of you have a spare bedroom for these Rangers?"

"I have one." Fluttershy replied.

"Dude, I think this isn't a good idea." Daniel whispered to Chase.

"These girls as just the same as the ponies back at Equestria." Chase whispered back.

"I guess we'll just gonna play their games huh."

"To avoid further problems, I couldn't agree more. Besides, they insist on helping us. If the three of us are in different places, it should be easier to locate Ammar. And I really need some shower."

"Right, let Forbes know about this."

As Chase was informing Forbes about it, Daniel waited for the girls to finish their discussion. After some arguing here and there, all of them finally have made their decision. Forbes agreed to stay on Twilight's house. Chase agreed to stay with Rarity, while Daniel staying at Applejack's. Of course, they stayed there for awhile, enjoying the fall scenery. They were all sitting at the porch of Applejack's house. The girls were pretty excited when the Rangers began to tell them their war with King Sombra.

"Can I see the gun?" Rainbow asked while looking at Daniel's ACR.

"Anytime." Daniel chuckled before handing it to Rainbow. "Careful Dash, it's heavy."

Rainbow was surprised by its weight but she managed to set it onto her lap. With a cocky smile, she looked at Daniel. "It's not that heavy."

Daniel simply chuckled. "All right, where were we?" He asked, turning his head back to the group.

"Baltimare." Twilight simply replied.

"Ah yes, Baltimare. That damn nightmare."

"What happened?" Fluttershy asked quietly.

"They got us cornered, our main objective was to rescue the resistance and some guards that were fighting there. But we got ambushed in the middle of a road and there were too many enemies when we arrived at their location, we were trying our best to keep them off until the survivors could return home safely." Daniel explained.

"Things got worse when their reinforcement arrived. The Timberwolves overwhelmed us easily until we have no choice but to retreat." Chase continued.

"We lost a tank, Warhammer." Daniel added.

"What?" Twilight adjusted her glasses and shifted closer. "But how is that possible? I mean, tanks right? Magic can't penetrate the armour of a tank as far as I know."

"They certainly can't penetrate it from the front and sides," Forbes answered, "But the engine is pretty weak, and I assume they knew it when we're having a fight in Ponyville. War Daddy was being overpowered by magic from all directions until when they focus fire on the track, gun, and engine; she's nearly destroyed. I guess they learned it from that time."

A phone buzzed. "Oh, sorry to interrupt," Rarity said while looking at her phone, "Pinkie said that Sweetie and her friends are finished hanging out, she was asking if Big Mac can pick them up. Or at least one of us."

"Wait what?" Daniel looked at her. "I thought Big Mac is going to pick up some apples with Applejack."

"Hey sis." Big Mac's voice suddenly called out from the front door. They all turned to see he was holding three baskets stacked on his hands. "Ya ready to pick up some apples?"

"Oh uh.." Applejack trailed off for a moment before asking her brother. "Mac, can ye pick up Applebloom and her friends and take 'em back home? They're at Sugarcube Corner, were having some treats and all." Big Mac raised an eyebrow.

Daniel saw this and quickly had Applejack's back as he stood up. "I can help your sister with the apples if you want." Suddenly, a hand placed itself on his right shoulder. He turned around to see Forbes.

"Kid, I know you want to help but it's better if one of us pick them up," he explained quietly, "That way, we can keep an eye on anything suspicious and maybe get to know more about the streets and places."

"What if someone's watching us."

"It won't happen. They will probably curious about us so I want you to avoid any topic about our homeland if they ask it."

"Okay. Wait, you're saying that-"

"Daniel can pick them up." Forbes said, looking at Big Mac and then Rarity.

"I'll make you pay for this." Daniel mumbled quietly.

"But Sarge, we don't have any vehicle," Chase said matter-of-fact, "And are you sure Daniel want to pick them up?"

"He volunteered." Forbes said flatly.

Applejack smiled warmly. "Aw, that's very kind of ya. Ah'm sure Big Mac will lend you our truck." She looked over to her brother. "Ain't that right Mac?"

"As long as ya can keep it safe, Ah won't mind." He replied.

"Alright," Applejack chuckled, "Let me get the keys." With that said, she walked into the house.

Forbes put a shit eating grin on his face, unbeknownst Daniel was looking at him annoyingly. But the young private put his thoughts away and turned to the girls. "So, where is this Sugarcube Corner again?"

"Oh yes, girls he doesn't know the town yet," Fluttershy said, "One of us have to go with him to Pinkie's place right?"

"I will go with him," Rarity answered before standing up, "I kindly ask you to drop me and Sweetie at my boutique. I have some things that I have to do."

"Will do." Daniel replied.

"Hang on for a sec," Chase interrupted as he stood up, "If Rarity's going home, that means I'm coming with her right?"

"Yes dear, I'm sure you wanted a shower very badly as well. I have some clothes you can wear on and let me clean your uniform there."

"Thank you for your offer Rarity but I can wash them myself." Chase kindly replied.

"We can talk about it later," Forbes chimed in, "Right now I want you two to keep a look out on the town. Report anything suspicious once you get back Daniel. I hate to say this but I sense that the town is in danger."

Moments later, Applejack came back and gave the car keys to Daniel. After introducing the truck and telling the Ranger to be very careful, Applejack and Big Mac finally decided to put their trust on him.

"Don't worry about it, I'll take a good care of your truck." Daniel assured one last time before opening the door and hop in on the driver seat.

"Ya have yer license with ye?" Applejack asked, crossing her arms.

"Me and the boys have been chased a lot. I'm sure I'll be able to avoid the cops here as well."

"Just try not to lure anyone about our presence Private." Forbes suddenly said while standing next to Applejack.

"We're in our uniform Sergeant. We'll lure them, but I bet none of them are dare to ask a question." Daniel started the truck and then turned back to them. "Don't worry, I'll be back as fast as I can."

As Rarity got in the passenger seat and Chase hopped on the back of the truck, they waved and proceed their way to town.


Two cars were parked not far enough from the red house where Sunset and her friends, along with the Rangers were relaxing. The driver and the passengers watched carefully as Daniel, Chase, and a teenager got into a truck and went back to the town.

The driver grabbed his walkie and turn it on. "Two of the Rangers are heading to town, shall we attack that house now?"

"No, we'll take the truck," the voice from the walkie answered, "We capture them if we can and take them to our hideout."

"What about the other one?"

"He will search them once we got what we need."

"This is stupid." The passenger said quietly. The driver nod at his statement, but for now, he didn't want to argue since they have no idea where they were.

"Copy." With that, the driver put his walkie back, start the engine, and made their way to town, silently following the truck.

Comments ( 7 )

Nice one dude....great as always.

Can't wait for the next chapter. So far one of the better sequels I have read. Keep up the good work.

nice, cant wait for next update

update?

11036223
Should be released soon my friend, don't you worry, the story is still in progress. :twilightsmile:

Is there going to be another update..? I'd hate to see this story die so soon; it's been amazing.

Login or register to comment