• Published 8th Jul 2020
  • 198 Views, 0 Comments

Ponez: Pony Girls in the City - Chrome Masquerade



This is why video games and magi-science experiments don't mix well.

  • ...
 0
 198

Breaking the Glass Wall

After the girls got together again, they shared their successes over won-ton soup, followed by apple pie for dessart.

Rainbow Dash was just finishing up her report. "... And as soon as ether Applejack or I win a match, we'll have enough clout to open up Glasstown. Maybe get a house there, instead."

Taking a bite of the pie she'd been savouring, Fluttershy was surprisingly the next one to speak up. "Rarity and I found Gramma Hattie to be quite knowledgeable. And pretty funny too." she chuckled, remembering some of the elderly woman's life stories. "She's willing to gather some protesters to help us move along. More if we get food for her... 'allies'."

Rainbow Dash said, "Good. Keep on her good side. She's one of the most important characters in the game."

Fluttershy noddded, but otherwise kept silent.

Pinkie Pie said, "We have level 3 of Hoopz available, and as soon as we figure out the password, the Xizzle Club too."

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Did you get a hint at what it was?"

Pinkie shook her head. "Crystal said that no other reason we could think of to go in would hold water, but that was about it."

Rainbow Dash snorted softly. "Check the news office, when this is over." she said, with a smile. "It's only a short distance away anyway. Bring some Beads with you for when you get There."

Twilight spoke next. "Mister Moore's willing to help too, if we help him in the operating room now and then."

Sunset said, ""

Night came rather swiftly, as was typical in the little Big City. The pony-girls decided that resting up for the next day would be the best course of action.

As morning came, the girls that had high enough cooking skills (mainly Applejack and Pinkie Pie) whipped up breakfast and set to making food to... 'fuel the protest'.

Rainbow Dash first went to get her daily workout. It was HER turn this time.

Begin Minigame: Hoopz - Level 3: Sure Shot
----------------
As Dash leaped with the first two balls in hand, she nudged another into the air with one hoof, sending it, following the others closey, into the hoop. She tried her best to keep all three balls in play, trying to concentrate more on the game itself and less on the frequent air-horn blasts.

As before, the speed of this round was faster than the last, and Dash found that she had to work harder to keep balanced as she made shot after shot, managing to only miss once, but she did her best to bring the lost ball back into play, to gradual success.
-----------------

You have earned 7500 $imoleons
Advanced to Hoopz level 4: Hoopz Master
Body +1

Warmed up, adrenaline pumping through her, she went to the racetrack, excited for what would come next. She stood back and watched a couple of races happening. She loved it already; the excitement, the loudness of the engines, the power of the vehicles themselves.

Looking at the vehicles in the nearby lot, the one she could tell was Dusty's semi-eponymous hog was by far the biggest and most advanced among them, most likely the heaviest, too.

Rainbow Dash smirked. She'd show them what she could do, advanced or not.

Walking down to the reception, she saw Ewan congratulating the winner of the race that had just ended. She stepped up and the man greeted her, introducing her to everyone else.

"She's a bit of a newbie here, but she says she's done this before. What say we see what she can do, boys?"

Cheering came from the men gathered in the area. Rainbow Dash grinned and walked further in. "Just get me a bike and you will."

She thought to herself, 'They have no idea who they're dealing with.'

Getting the key for random, semi-low tier bike, she got on. Concentrating her magic into the key, she thrust it into the slot. Turning the key caused the bike under her to transform, much to the amazement of all those who witnessed it.

Pulling on her goggles, she revved the engine. "Let's do this."

Minigamme start: Motocross Mayhem - Level 2: Novice

Dash kicked the bike into gear, zooming forward. the first small incline was easily cleared, sending her sailing and coming down smoothly on the leaward side of the second. Zooming onward, she went over the next hill, turning the bike and Grabbing it (much like a snowboard, in a Method manouvre) before rebalancing and coming down smoothly again.

The transformed vehicle, being attuned to her magic, did everything she could've asked of it. It seemed to be as light or heavy as she wanted it to be at any given time, allowing her to even use it to ride along the metallic barriers of the track. She could flip midair without losing speed at all. The more flashy her tricks, the more flashy the tricks she was able to do!

She LOVED IT!

Alas, all good things had to come to an end, and so when she completed the fifth lap, she slowed to a stop. Pulling the key out, flourishing with it, she hopped off the bike, petting it lovingly, like a cat.

"You and I are going to have some fun in the future."

The bike's front light flashed a couple of times, but it otherwise remained silent.

----------------------
Advanced to Motocross Mayhem Level 3: Speed Demon.
Gained 3600 $imoleons.

---------------------

Heading back to the reception area, a smug look on her face, she was greeted by Dusty. "Okay, I'll admit it. You. Have talent! You didn't slow down once!" he said, holding his fist out for a bump.

Rainbow Dash smiled and completed the gesture. "I told you guys this wasn't my first time on the racetrack."

"And that ride of yours!" Dusty continued, "How did you DO that?!"

"Maybe I just have the touch. That's for me to know." she said, just as smugly.

"Either way, you've got my vote. You girls need us, we'll be there." He turned to the other members of the 'club'. "Ain't that right, boys?"

Cheering followed shortly thereafter, as Rainbow Dash exited the area.

----------------------

When Rainbow Dash went to the barrier between Urbania and Glasstown, she noticed everyone there, waving protest signs about. As she picked one up herself, who should come up but Daddy Bigbucks. The man's face turned red and steam billowed out of his ears for a moment aas he stomped away. After a few steps, he turned and coughed. "Ahem?"

Suddenly the path was cleared, much to everyone's jubilation. The way to Glasstown was open and they were one step closer to saving the city.

"Nice job, girls." Sunset said, smiling. "But we've only just gotten started."

"Still." Pinkie said, "Progress is progress. I'll take it!"

None of the others could argue with that logic. Tomorrow would be another day, and for now they could breathe a bit easier.

Quest Completed