• Published 8th Jul 2020
  • 197 Views, 0 Comments

Ponez: Pony Girls in the City - Chrome Masquerade



This is why video games and magi-science experiments don't mix well.

  • ...
 0
 197

None Shall Pass

It was almost midnight and it was time for Pinkie Pie to do her part for the city's salvation. To that end, she'd been pumping irons and doing various exercises all day. She looked at her stats with satisfaction.

Body: 10
-Strength: 3
-Dexterity: 4
-Stamina: 3
-Cooking: 8
-Creativity: 7
Logic: 9
-Intelligence: 2
-Wits: 3
-Perception: 4
-Mechanical: 3
Social: 9
-Appearance: 3
-Charisma: 4
-Manipulation: 2

Pinkie thought to herself, 'Okey dokey, I think I should be ready for that quest. Now to find Gramma Hattie.'

Sure eough, the elderly woman was waiting for her at the entrance to the cemetary. Upon seeing the bubbly pony-girl, she raised an eyebrow. "You the one who gonna be guardin' the entrance?"

Pinkie nodded. "Thaaat's right! Correctamundo!" she responded cheerily.

Gramma Hattie didn't look quite convinced.

"Trust me." Pinkie said, suddenly 100% serious. "I'm tougher (and smarter) than I look."

Hattie nodded. "Alright. I'll hold ya to that. So. Here's the deal. Some friends of mine and I are gonna be discussin' some plans fo' the future. You need to keep anyone who comes along from comin' in. Do whateva ya need to that keeps anyone from interruptin'. You up to it?"

Pinkie saluted. "You can count on me." she said, proudly. "Don't worry about a thing."

The elderly woman smiled before saying, "Good." And she left Pinkie to it.

---------------------
Later...
---------------------

Daddy Bigbucks strolled up casually to Pinkie, who had her arma folded. She cocked an eyebrow. "Come to pay your respects to someone?" she queried snarkily.

Daddy Bigbucks said, "You should know very well that there's nobody I respect."

Pinkie shot back, "I figured. I was hoping that you had some redeeming factor. That's all."

Daddy Bigbucks frowned. "Cute. I've heard that there's a meeting going on here. Move aside nd let me go forth."

Pinkie also frowned. "No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"YES."

"Yes yes yes!"

"NO NO NO!"

Pinkie grinned. "Gotcha!"

Daddy Bigbucks' face reddened with anger and he left in a huff.

Pinkie nodded to herself in satisfaction before calling to the retreating man, "And don't come back!"

-----------------
Later again
----------------

Pinkie was still waiting when Darius showed up. Pinkie re-folded her arms.

"'Sup." he said.

"The moon, but not much else."

Darius almost laughed at that, if the twitch of his mouth was any indication. He schooled his expression quickly. "You think you own this spot?"

Pinkie said, "Wanna make something of it?"

Darius blinked slowly. "Kid, you don't wanna mess with me. I can melt ice into water with one punch."

Pinkie stomped on the ground, creating a small crater.

Darius blinked twice. "Okay, how about this. I'm so tough that people call me The D-Bomb."

Pinkie returned, "And people call ME Big Sis." not looking intimidated at all.

Darius did a double take. "You serious?! Okay, okay. But I'm so crazy I wore a red track suit to a bullfight."

Pinkie grinned. "And my friends and I are so crazy that Detective Dan threw us out of jail!"

Darius' eyes widened. "Say WHAT?! Aw, snap! This ain't worth ten times what Daddy B paid me to do this!" he said, leaving just after.

A moment later, Gramma Hattie appeared. "Nice job, kid! The meeting went off without a hitch! You kept to your word."

"Anything interesting?" Pinkie asked.

Gramma Hattie smiled. "Le's jus' say dat we have a few... su'prises planned for dat pompous skinflint. Here; as a re-ward you can have this; It's a cookbook passed down from m' great-great-great-great gran'ma's day, from mother to daughter. And now it's yours." she said, handing Pinkie said book.

Pinkie gasped. "I'm honoured. Thank you."

"You're welcome dear. 'Til next time." Gramma said, leaving.

Pocketing the book, Pinkie started on the walk home.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment