• Published 7th Jul 2020
  • 3,023 Views, 120 Comments

Coronation of Compassion - Echo Breeze



Sunset has begun her recovery. She has even become a princess. This is the next chapter of her story.

  • ...
5
 120
 3,023

Confessions

We arrived at the throne room to see that Dash and Snowflake had already gotten there, and were talking about the many different awesome things they had done in their lives. The others took their seats around the table and I stood close to the door with Snowflake. I was about to start talking when I heard a knocking on the door. Twilight told whoever was on the other side to come in. The door opened with a yellow aura and Celestia and Luna walked in. Celestia came up to me and wrapped me in a warm embrace. I opened my eyes to see my Aunt nod to me. Celestia then went to Snowflake and embraced her.

“Pardon the intrusion, and thank you for the invite, Twilight.” Celestia said, Taking a sweat offered to her by Rainbow Dash. Luna took Applejack’s seat, having been offered it. “I take it you have established a way to differentiate between the two Dashes?”

“Yeah. I asked to be called Snowflake. It was a nickname given to me by my Grandmother.” Snowflake said.

“Understandable. I always loved that nickname.” Dash said, blushing.

“Well, lookie here. Dash does have a soft side.” Applejack said, causing both Snowflake and Dash to blush, the latter even harder than before. We all laughed at that. It was then that the seriousness of the situation came crashing down on the entire room.

“Now, as some of you may or may not know,” I started, looking at Snowflake. She nodded at me and smiled. I found solace in that single smile. I took a deep breath, and continued. “A couple of weeks ago, I tried to end my life.” This caused most of the ponies in the room to gasp. Snowflake nodded.

“Oh my.” Fluttershy said, bringing fresh tears to my eyes. She got up off her seat and came around to embrace me.

“I’ll take over from here, seeing as Sunset is unable to continue.” Snowflake said, embracing me as well. “A couple of months ago, the CMC on our side started a blog on MyStable called Anon-A-Miss, and started spreading secrets. It started with only Rarity’s, Applejack’s and my own, but gradually, it escalated. We started out not believing it was Sunset, but it became harder to ignore. The profile was done with her colors, and a silhouette of her as the display picture. Looking back at it now, we were foolish to think it was her. The old Sunset was a lot more subtle with her bullying.”

“So, basically what we had here with them. They started a gossip column in the Foal Free Press under the name of Gabby Gums.” Rarity said, and Twilight nodded.

“But, a whole lot worse.” Twilight said.

“About three weeks ago, Sunset sent us all a text saying ‘goodbye forever’ and I knew something was wrong. I found her half an hour after that, and as I approached her, she jumped off of a bridge.” Snowflake continued, her eyes tearing up, from the sniffs that I could hear. I opened my eyes to see Celestia with an angry look in her eyes, horn starting to flare with magic. I caught her attention and shook my head. She understood, and backed off.

“Fast forwarding to three days ago, Sunset and I met up with Twilight and Princess Celestia to discuss what had happened. I’ll let Princess Celestia tell you all what happened there.” Dash said, looking to the princess. She nodded and Dash continued. “To finish off, I have one announcement to make. Sunset and I are dating now. We had both harbored hidden feelings for one another, and we never realised that we felt the same about each other until then.” I could see Pinkie starting to rise from her seat, pulling a party cannon out from nowhere. Twilight gave her an intense look that told her not to do it. Her mane deflated a little as she pushed the party cannon away again and sat down.

Celestia then got up and cleared her throat.

“Now, this may be a bit of a shock to you, my little ponies, but it is one hundred percent true. If you don’t believe me, you may ask my sister.” she started, looking at her sister. Luna nodded and Celestia continued. “Sunset is not only one of my students, but my only daughter as well.”

That plain statement of facts brought the entire room to silence. Broken only by Pinkie gasping in a way that only she could. There was a silence in which you could hear a pin drop. One did, and it was deafening.

“WHAT!?!?” Everypony present, apart from Luna, Twilight, Snowflake and myself yelled in unison, creating a deafening chorus that reverberated off of the crystal walls of the throne room. The resulting sound forced my ears flat.

“‘Tis true, friends. I have seen my sister’s dreams.” Luna said. The others seemed placated.

“That is one of the reasons why I had slept over there that day. I wanted to make sure that my daughter was indeed okay.” Celestia said, looking at me. I ended my embrace with Snowflake and Fluttershy and went to her, wrapping her in a tight embrace, full of love.

“I still don’t think I’ve earned these.” I said, raising my wings, looking at them out of the corners of my eyes. Celestia put a hoof under my chin and brought my head up to look at her.

“But you have earned it. The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. You have overcome your obstacles to become the pony you are today.” Celestia said. “You have proven worthy of the title, Princess Sunset Shimmer, Princess of Compassion.”

Everypony in the room started bowing, even Twilight, Celestia and Luna. I was at a loss for words.

“The official coronation and announcement of my daughter’s return will be in three days time.” Celestia announced, she then turned to Snowflake and I. “I do hope that you will stay until then.”

“Of course we will, mom.” I said, a smile on my face. Snowflake nodded in agreement.

“Will you be coming to Canterlot with us, or staying here in Ponyville?” Luna asked us.

“Your room in the castle is as you left it.” Celestia added hopefully.

“I think Snowflake and I will spend the day in Ponyville, and be in Canterlot a little bit later.” I said. “Besides, Snowflake and I need to get some flying practice in, and I can’t think of a better teacher than Equestria’s Best Flyer.” I winked at Dash.

“Aww yeah. New flying buddies.” Dash said, doing a little celebratory jig in mid air, causing everypony present to laugh.