• Published 7th Jul 2020
  • 3,023 Views, 120 Comments

Coronation of Compassion - Echo Breeze



Sunset has begun her recovery. She has even become a princess. This is the next chapter of her story.

  • ...
5
 120
 3,023

Dinner at Applejack's

I had just turned onto the highway toward AJ's farm, and I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Dash was smiling. I downshifted and gunned the motor, the V8 growling.

"Let's see what this thing can do." I said. Within a couple of seconds we were doing sixty, the supercharger whining at high revs. I shifted into third and all Hell broke loose. I heard sirens from behind. I looked in my rear view mirror, and saw a Highway Patrol car. I knew that the 2011 Dodge Charger was not stock, and that I could never hope to get away, so I pulled off and cut the motor.

"Well, this should be good." Dash said in amusement. I rolled my eyes and opened the window.

"Do you know how fast you were going, ma'am?" the officer asked as he approached my window. I looked at his badge, his name being Sergeant S. Armor.

“Yes, Sergeant Armor. I was doing a hundred and ten in a sixty-five zone. I understand that it is against the law, and will gladly accept the fine.” I replied, handing him my license and registration. He looked at me, incredulous, but took my license and registration anyway. I heard him mutter something about teenagers, despite him not looking much older than Dash and I.

“Now, Miss Shimmer. Don’t do it again, because you can lose your driving privileges.” he said, handing my license and registration back. “You girls have a pleasant evening.” He walked back to his patrol car and pulled off. I turned the key and took off afterward, not breaching the sixty-five mile per hour speed limit all the way there.


About an hour later, we pulled up to the long dirt road leading up to Sweet Apple Acres, bordered by apple orchards on both sides. I felt the tires slip a bit on a patch of unmelted ice, and corrected accordingly. I pulled up to see Rarity’s Mercedes S65 AMG, Pinkie Pie’s Audi RS4 and Fluttershy’s Toyota Prius all parked outside next to Applejack’s old Ford F-100 pickup. I knew that it meant all our friends were here already.

I saw Pinkie Pie wave at us from the front door of the farmhouse and I revved the engine in response, causing Rarity, AJ and Fluttershy to come running out of the house. AJ was staring in awe at the Camaro ZL1. I parked next to Rarity’s S65 and revved the engine again, causing the alarms of all the vehicles parked outside to trigger, apart from AJ’s truck because it didn’t have one. AJ, Dash and I laughed after Dash and I climbed out, seeing the other three scramble around, trying to fish out their keys from their bags.

“Where the hay did you get that car, Sunset? It’s awesome.” AJ asked.

“I bought it a few days ago.” I replied nonchalantly. “Six liter supercharged LS6, putting out between five hundred and six hundred horsepower to the wheels.”

“How can you be so casual about it? That’s a lotta money.” she asked in shock.

“Let’s get out of this cold and I’ll explain.” I replied. AJ nodded and turned toward the house, the rest of us following her. We got to her living room and we all sat down, at which time I explained everything the way I had done two days ago for Dash. The other girls were just as, if not more, shocked as Dash was, especially when I told them how much I have in my investment account.

“How many bits do you have left?” Fluttershy asked, before hiding behind the curtain of her hair. “If you don’t mind me asking, that is?”

“Oh, I don’t mind. I had about three hundred in total, and only sold off about a hundred of them, so that means I have two hundred left.” I replied.

“How come you never told us, darling?” Rarity asked.

“I was afraid of how you would react. You see, most of Equestria operates on barter, so money isn’t all that important there. I was afraid that if you knew how much money I had, you would treat me differently, or not wanna be friends anymore.” I replied. “Money still doesn’t have all that much importance in my life.”

“Sunset, just ‘cause ya have more’n three hundred thousand dollars ta yer name, doesn’t make you any less our friend. Ah just wish we could’ve been there for ya durin’ that whole Anon-A-Miss fiasco.” Applejack said, downcast, the others nodding in agreement.

“Don’t beat yourself up over it. It’s water under the bridge now.” I said, cringing as I said it. I could see that the others had cringed as well, Fluttershy almost crying. “Sorry. Bad choice of words.”

“Anyway.” Dash said. “Sunset and I have something happier to tell you.” I could tell she was trying to steer the conversation away from the awkward topic.

“Two things, actually.” I said, Dash looking at me confusedly. I motioned toward my phone and she got the message. “First off, as of yesterday, I am unofficially Equestria’s newest princess.” The others all gasped, apart from Dash, who held up the picture she took of me hugging my mother.

“Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. Youhavetoletmethrowyouacongratulaionsonbecomingaprincessparty.” Pinkie said, not pausing in between for air.

“What was that, Pinkie?” I asked.

“I said, you have to let me throw you a ‘congratulations on becoming a princess party’.” she replied.

“Oh, that makes sense now.” I said. “But, it’ll have to wait until I get back from Equestria. I need to go there for an official coronation.” Pinkie nodded her head in understanding.

“Makes sense.” Pinkie said.

“That reminds me. Can I ask you to house sit for me AJ? I’m leaving tomorrow and Dash is going with. We’ll get to why in a second.” I asked.

“Ah’m sure that won’t be an issue.” Applejack replied.

“Thanks. Can you organize to meet us at the portal tomorrow morning at around nine?”

“Ah will.” she replied. “Now, what other news do y’all have?”

“Well, Dash and I are in a relationship.” I blurted, nerves getting the better of me.

Author's Note:

First chapter of the sequel. YAY!:pinkiehappy: