• Published 2nd Jul 2020
  • 13,460 Views, 1,286 Comments

Short Hand - Andrew Joshua Talon



The myriad misadventures of a plucky human in Equestria.

  • ...
39
 1,286
 13,460

Oblivious

Short Hand

A My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fanfic By Andrew J. Talon

Disclaimer: This is a non-profit fan based parody. MLP:FiM is the property of Hasbro and Lauren Faust. Please support the official release.

- - - -

It was fortunate that the Ponies had some familiarity with larger beings for building beds. It was equally fortunate that Celestia had given me a nice stipend-Apparently I was officially classed as a “political refugee” from another dimension, which gave me some coin to work with. Which meant I got myself a nice, big, king-sized bed in a bedroom that was almost too small for it.

But who cared? I had a nice, big, comfortable bed I could come home to every night after a hard day’s work. It almost felt like sleeping on a cloud!

Maybe it was. A magic cloud. I hadn’t examined the insides too thoroughly, though maybe I should. Who knew what a society with free use magic would do with the most innocuous items?

Anyway, the short version was: My bed was fantastic. All it needed was a beautiful someone to wake up with.

“Hnn…”

I slowly opened my eyes, and saw a mess of pink hair up against my chest. I felt a small, warm body curled up next to mine. I looked the intruder over, momentarily worried… But the butter yellow fur and butterfly-shaped cutie mark calmed me down. I smiled down at the cute little mare who was sleeping peacefully against me.

"Fluttershy... Fluttershy...? It's time to get up,” I murmured, gently bumping her with my arm.

The little mare’s eyelids fluttered open, and she looked up with a confused blush.

"Mmmph... Oh! Oh my... I... It happened again, didn't it?"

I nodded slowly, and patted the top of her head.

“Yeah, it did,” I said. She looked apologetic, before she began to fret.

“Oh, I-I’m so sorry,” she said, “I mean, not that you’re not comfortable-I mean! I’m sorry to be a bother-!”

I sighed and booped her lightly on her nose. That stopped her in her tracks and she looked up at me shyly.

"It's okay Fluttershy. I actually like you cuddling with me. It helps me sleep,” I said with a smile. "If you're lonely, you just have to say so."

Granted, it would have been nicer if she was a human woman. Who was actually attracted to me. But just having a warm, caring presence with you in bed was enough to alleviate a lot of my loneliness. The bright smile she wore was nice compensation as well.

"R-Really?" She asked softly, hopefully. I nodded, and shrugged.

“Sure thing.”

That said, there was one weird thing I discovered as I pulled the blankets off to get out of bed. I paused, then studied her attire curiously.

“... What's with the negligee?” I asked.

Fluttershy blushed harder, and twirled the tip of her hoof around on the mattress. She looked up, her eyes barely able to meet mine. She then spoke, in a lower, almost smoky tone of voice as her bangs concealed one of her eyes.

"Do... Do you like it? If not, I-I can... Just take it... Off..."

I blinked. I blinked again. She couldn’t possibly… I mean, what if she…?

Nah!

"I... Guess?” I replied, shrugged. “I mean you do run around naked most of the time anyway."

Fluttershy blinked, and then pulled a blanket up over herself again.

"Oh, um... I... Uh..."

I yawned.

"Anyway... Time to get up and going," I said as I tried to get out of the bed. Tried being the operative word, since she immediately wrapped her hooves around my arm.

"Y-You know, we could... Spend a little more time… In-in bed? I-I might need help getting the negligee off!" She asked. I blinked, and sighed. She was always so skittish, wasn’t she? I gave her a warm hug, and nuzzled the top of her head. She sighed happily.

"Come on Fluttershy,” I said, “we can’t spend all day in bed. Besides, you have your animals to feed."

Fluttershy trembled. She then spoke up again.

"They... They can handle themselves for one m-morning! We could stay in bed t-t-together! S-See... See what happens?"

I sighed, and patted Fluttershy on her head.

"Thank you Fluttershy, but I don't need that much cuddling. You're a really good friend though." I smiled at her warmly.

Fluttershy’s expression drooped slightly, but she smiled back.

"Oh... Okay."

She almost looked disappointed. I hugged her again.

“I don’t want to be any bother,” I assured her. “Come on. If you’d like, I’ll help you feed your animals? I do need to fix your chicken coop.”

“That would be lovely, thank you Shepherd,” Fluttershy said gratefully. I smiled back and got out of bed. My feet hit the wooden floor and I whistled as I began to pull off my pajamas.

I still retained human modesty outside, but around Fluttershy? She worked with animals all the time, I wasn’t anything she hadn’t seen already.

Fluttershy

Oh… Curse her shyness! She tried, and tried, but she couldn’t just… Just say it!

Is that what he needed? For her to spell it out? Was he that dense?

No, no, don’t be mean. He wasn’t dense. He was quite intelligent, after all, as well as brave. But what was she doing wrong? She was doing everything Rarity had suggested!

She sighed, as Angel Bunny popped up in the window. He made a few motions with his paws, pointing at him in the shower. She steeled her courage again, and spoke up.

"Um... Shepherd? I... I could use a shower too!" She called.

Shepherd called back over the sound of the falling water.

"Don't worry! You can use it when I'm done!"

Angel glared, and pointed again at the shower, then at Fluttershy. She nodded, and sucked in a deep breath.

"C-Couldn't... Couldn't... Couldn't we use it... T-T-Together?" She asked.

There was a pause.

“Sorry Fluttershy! There isn't enough room for us to be comfortable. I'll be done soon!"

Angel Bunny holds up a cotton ball and a small bottle of chloroform. Fluttershy scowled and shook her head. Her pet was going too far!

"No! Bad Angel! We're not doing that! .... No matter what I may have said while drinking that cider!"

Angel Bunny rolled his eyes and sighed.

- - -

Author's Note:

The first of several snap shots of Andrew Shepherd's new misadventures. A whole new generation of awkward human in Equestria stories. Stay tuned!