• Published 9th Jul 2020
  • 1,188 Views, 4 Comments

Spiderman Equestria's Hero: Rise of the Insidious Six. - Adamverse



Spiderman returns, while him and his friends are in college, possibly one of the greatest threats rises in Canterlot City.

  • ...
5
 4
 1,188

City of Destruction

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long, I've had a lot on my plate.

The story will have to be put on hold for a while. I know it already was, but this is making it official. Please keep reading, and this story will continue you soon.

Adam walked out of the med-bay, with a cast around his arm. Fluttershy held onto him, she helped him into his chair; Twilight helped with his other arm. Once Spidey had sat down, Fluttershy sat in the chair next to him; Sunset walked over to the couple and asked, "How you doing, Adam?"

The hero replied, "I'm fine. Like I said before, just a scratch."

Twilight interjected, "It was not just a scratch, the bullet hit a vital vein. If you had left any longer, you would have lost feeling in your arm."

The rest of the Rainbooms were looking at their monitors, for any news reports of the villains. Throughout the entire city, no one had seen any sign of any other Insidious Six member.

Pinkie Pie moaned, "Uh! Why can't we do something more fun, like go out and fight bad guys?"

"Because, Pinkie." Applejack replied. "Adam's injured, Nova's out of town for a college course, you still don't know how to control your powers, which means Rainbow and Twilight are the only heroes available at the moment."

Pinkie just sat back in her chair and continued to moan, Rarity walked into the room and squealed like a little girl on Christmas morning.

"Fellow Rainbooms, I have been working on this for a while, but it's finished." She sat down at her desk and sent an image to the screen. "I was going through the records of the heroes Adam's worked with in the past. And I found this guy."

The image on the screen revealed a hero from the very first team of Avengers. Rarity loved the colours of his armour, the fact he was a man without powers, but could still be a hero.

"I have designed something similar for myself." Rarity then showed the blue-prints for a suit of armour that she designed herself. She had the design and plans made for it, but she needed a way to make it. "With this, I can help you in the field. Twilight, darling; would you take a look?"

"Sure Rarity. But I have to ask." Twilight said, looking back at the image on the screen. "Who is that?"

"His name's Iron Man." Adam stated.

The hero stood up and stared at the picture of his old friend, "He called himself, Iron Man. Me and him were one of the first members of the Avengers. Along with Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer & Wolverine." Adam then swiped the image away. "Before the O.S.C took over the project, we called ourselves the Super-Hero Squad. We fought evil all over the world."

"What happened to him?" Rainbow asked.

"About four years ago, the original super-heroes went into hiding. Didn't want a life that would put them in danger anymore. I'm the only one out of them that's still going; no ones seen the others ever since."

Twilight then turned to Rarity and explained, "In our time of need, we could use all the help we can get. Let me take a look at the blue-prints and I'll see if I can put something together."

As Rarity and Twilight went to the lab, the alarm went off; villain has been spotted in the city. Sunset pulled the news footage onto the video screen, the streets were in chaos.

The news reporter explained the situation, "If you can see behind me, the city park has been completely taken over by this giant robot." the camera looked up to show the mechanical monster. "With no sign of Spiderman, the person driving the large machine, had this to say."

The news screen switched to a video feed, it showed Alcester Smythe in the inside the giant spider robot. "Spiderman, you have one hour to meet me here. If you refuse to fight, I will lay waste to this city and everyone in it."

The reporter then continued, "Most of the people have been evacuated, but some are being trapped by the debris or mini spider robots. The police are surprised as to why Spiderman is not here, but they are trying to fight through the robots."

As the team watched, Applejack wondered, "Where did he even get that giant robot?"

The camera was able to show a clear view of the robot, Adam recognised the logo that was on the side. "That's Sable tech, built into a Spider-Slayer." he stated. The rest of the team saw it to, Alcester was using old Sable machine parts to make an Ultimate Spider-Slayer.

Spidey couldn't just let Smythe do this so he put his mask back on, covered his mended arm with the suit's sleeve and glove, then made his way to the window. Before he could jump out, Fluttershy stopped him.

"Adam, your still injured, you can't go." Fluttershy explained. "What if you get hurt again, or worst?" Adam stepped down from the window and hugged her. "Why must you go?"

"Fluttershy, you know why. I have a responsibility."

"At least let me go with you, Adam." Rainbow interjected, she then turned to Pinkie Pie. "We might need your help to."

"Yes!" the party girl cheered.

Sunset walked over and explained, "If Pinkie's going with you, then she's gonna need something." she pushed a button on her remote, which opened and capsule where they keep the suits. Inside was a stretchy super-suit, one that Pinkie could use to conceal her identity.

Once everyone was suited up, they all made their way to the park. Sunset, Fluttershy and Applejack watched the situation on the news.

=================================================

The police were pinned down by Rykers convicts and Smythe's robots, they couldn't make it into the park to rescue the trapped citizens.

Adam, Rainbow Dash & Pinkie Pie were just arriving when they saw the full size of the robot. "Wow, that thing is huge." Quicksilver stated. As the three of them looked up to see the machine, mini spider-slayers were crawling towards the heroes.

"Okay, I've got a plan." Spiderman said to his team. "Pinkie, take out the robots. Rainbow, super-speed the people out of there. I'm heading straight for Smythe." Rainbow Dash ran off into the park, Pinkie used her stretchy powers to make her fists grow.

"Cool." she said as she smashed a robot with her large rubber fist. "And from now on, call me; Ms Marvel." Adam heard her say that name of the communicator, it wasn't a bad idea.

Rainbow quickly grabbed each person that was still in the park, and rushed them to the ambulances waiting outside. As she ran, she could hear a little girl crying. The girl's mother was calling for help, her daughter was trapped under a fallen tree. The fast hero ran to the scene; she tried to lift the log off the girl, but it was too heavy.

Adam noticed Rainbow struggling to move the tree, he then spoke to her over the comm. "Rainbow, you have to faze the girl out from under the tree."

Rainbow replied, "What?!"

"If you vibrate your body at the exact frequency of the tree, then you can pass right it. But holding onto someone will make them faze to; that's when you pull her out from under the tree."

Quicksilver thought it was stupid, but she had to do something; the robot was getting closer to them. She closed her eyes and concentrated as much as she could, her hands started to vibrate. She grabbed hold of the girl and began to pull, when she opened her eyes, the girl was passing through the tree.

When the girl was free, Rainbow gave her to her mum and ran them both to the ambulance. Adam was proud of her, she had now mastered fazing.

Spiderman's attention was brought back to the giant spider robot tearing up the park. Adam swung to it's back, there he saw Smythe sitting in a glass control booth. "What's the matter Spiderman? Afraid of a little competition when is comes to spiders?" Suddenly, mini Spider-Slayer deployed from compartments.

Adam punched his way through the robots to get to the villain, but he couldn't get through the glass case. So he had to get creative.

Each robot that he punched down, he used his webs to pick them up and throw them at Smythe. Each robot that hit the glass, cause it to crack.

"Oh no you don't, Spiderman."

Alcester pushed a button, his little control booth disconnected from the robot and transformed into a mini-slayer. Adam had to get off the robot as it started to transform itself.

The robot converted into it's true form.

Spiderman had to stop this thing before it cause any more damage.

The hero was joined by his teammates, they were gonna need a miracle to pull this off. Adam used the lenses in his mask to scan the robot for any weaknesses, he found some. Mini fans in the leg joints, stopping them with webs would cause the mechanism the over heat.

Spidey ran across the park to reach one of the legs, he saw the first fan and started shooting it with webs; until it could spin any more.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie had other ways of stopping them; Rainbow super-speeded up the legs and punched right through the fan. And Pinkie Pie used her power to punch through other fans.

The robots legs began to give away, that's when it started shooting missiles out it's head. However, Spiderman had a way to use that.

"Pinkie, open that things mouth." Ms Marvel did as instructed and pulled the robot's mouth piece open. The missiles were designed to seek out Spiderman, so he jumped in front of the mouth. When one of the missiles came for him, he leaped out of the way and kick the missiles into the mouth.

The Ultimate Spider-Slayer was blowing up from the inside, not enough to take the city with it, but enough so the robot would shut down.

Once the threat had been dealt with, Adam now had to stop Smythe.

"Go, Spiderman. We'll take care of the mess here." Rainbow explained. With that, Adam swung after the spider-slayer that flew away.

===============================================

Adam swung through Canterlot’s streets, he used his visor to follow the trail of Smythe’s robot. The robots power source was unique, so it left a trail that could easily be tracked.

Spidey was following the trail when he received a call on his communicator from Rainbow Dash; she wanted to inform him that the park had been secured, “Adam, the people are safe, me and ‘Ms Marvel’ are heading back to base.”

The web-slinger stopped on a rooftop to answer her, “Understood; and call Captain Shining Armour, tell him to have a cell waiting for me. I’m bringing Smythe in.”

When the call ended, Adam went back to swinging through the city streets.

All was going well, until something came flying at the hero, out of nowhere; it bashed into him and he crashed into a roof green house. When Adam got up, he saw three of Smythe’s Spider-Slayer robots hovering above him.

Their controller could be heard through a speaker imbedded in the chest of the robots, “Greeting Spiderman, it is I, your intellectual superior. I have ordered these robots to lead you to my lair, follow them, you and me will decide who is the better spider.”

With that said, the robots flew off, Adam leapt after them.


Spiderman followed the Spider-Slayers to a warehouse on the docks, it was night by the time they got there; surprisingly, it was the same warehouse Smythe used as a base the first time Adam captured him. The three drones landed in front of the large door and waited for it to be opened; Spidey landed behind them, he followed them through the large door.

When the four of them went inside, it was all dark; no lights, no power, the whole building seemed deserted. Spiderman’s head was spinning; was this a trap?

A spotlight suddenly appeared above Adam, “Where are you Smythe?” the hero demanded to know.

Another light came on, and Spidey saw someone he didn’t expect to find here; Talon was lying on a table, she was strapped down like she was in a Frankenstein lab. More lights came on, she was over and rectangular shaped chemical container; inside the container, was a bubbling mixer of green ooze.

“Hey, Spidey; long time no see.”

Adam replied, “Hello, Talon.”

Adam ran over to her and made sure she was okay; however, when he got closer, a machine that was above her activated.

Suddenly, the joints holding her up began lowering her down into the vat; she was pretty high up, so it would be some time before she was be submerged in the mixture. But from above, tiny spider robots dropped to the floor; a voice could be heard from behind Adam.

“Welcome, Spiderman, to what seems to be the end of the Talon and you.” The voice said.

The whole warehouse lit up with light, Spidey turned around and was startled by what he saw; it was Smythe, but he was different, very different.

“Alcester Smythe, what have you done to yourself?” Adam asked.

The villain walked closer to his enemy and explained, “I’m not completely insane, Spiderman; the chemicals Talon is be lowered in, I tested it on myself.”

Talon looked over to them, “So these chemicals will make me like you?”

“Precisely, my dear.”

Spiderman had to stop this; he turned to the little robots and charge towards them, however the mounts on Smythe’s back fired lasers and blocked his path. Adam leaped over the robots and ran towards the vat of chemicals.

However, a robot fired a toe cable and pulled Adam back to Smythe, who delivered a powerful punch to Adam’s jaw. The robots surrounded the two spiders, they prepared to go head to head in a powerful fight.

Adam started by shooting him with web pellets, but Smythe leaped over them and started punched Spiderman away; he tried to fight back, but the ‘slayer was too strong. Spidey tried punching back, but Smythe lifted him up and threw him into the ground; Adam swore he heard something crack.

When Adam got back up, Smythe moved away and let his robots have some of the action; the spider robots raced towards the wall crawler. Adam fought them off, smashing them and throwing them across the room; Smythe watched from the side line, he then turned and watched Talon, she didn’t have long left.

“Spiderman, help!” she screamed, she could feel the heat from the chemicals.

Adam looked over, she was getting lower; Adam smashed the last robot and ran towards the vat. Before he could reach it, Smythe smashed into him and sent him across the room.

Spiderman had once chance to save Talon and defeat Smythe; he used his agility to jump over the Spider-Slayer and kicked him in the back of the head, it pushed Adam along and he landed on the mechanism lowering Talon down. Spidey crawled down to her and ripped the straps off her, she stood up and they both leaped off the table’ just as it was being submerged in the ooze.

When they both saw the opening, Adam hoisted Talon in the air and she leaped towards Smythe; Talon kicked him in the face, Spiderman delivered and kicked to his stomach. They both finished the job by upper cutting him in the jaw, knocking him out cold.

Talon looked down at the unconscious villain, she was admiring her work, “Not back for a man who dresses like a sticky insect.” She said to Spidey.

Adam approached her, “Spiders aren’t insects, you know that.”

“You are interesting.” She went to lift up the bottom of his mask. “Now, share a kiss with your partner in crime fighting.”

However, Adam stopped her before she lift up the mask, “No, I can’t.” he moved her hands away and stepped back. “I’m sorry, Octavia; I’m with someone else.”

“Really, the Spectacular Spiderman has a significant other.” She stated. She began to walk towards the warehouse door; before she left, she turned back to Adam. “Thanks for the save, let’s do it again sometime.” She ran out the door and grapple-hooked to a rooftop.

“I think she likes me.” Adam stated. He then slapped himself, and muttered, “No you wally, you’re with Fluttershy.”

Spiderman picked up Smythe and threw over his shoulder, it took some strength, but Adam managed to swing him to the police station.


At the station, Shining Armour had got the message, he had prepared a cell for Smythe. Spiderman carried him over to the cell, once there, he took him off his shoulder a laid him down on the cell bed.

The captain walked over and was surprised at what he saw, “Just when I think this city can’t get any weirder; what did he do to himself?”

“It’s complicated.” Adam replied.

Spiderman was about to leave, when he saw Sandalwood sitting in one of the other cells; Adam walked over to him and made sure he was okay.

“How are you holding up?” the hero asked.

Sandalwood stood up and replied, “When I woke up with you standing over me, I thought you had just rescued me. I didn’t know I was going to get cuffed, and thrown in jail.”

“I’m working the case, I will find out who framed you.” With that said, Sandalwood turned away and Adam left the station.

He was heading home for the night he needed some sleep.