• Published 30th Jun 2020
  • 473 Views, 9 Comments

Linkin Pony - Recharge: Revamped - Kaciekk



A post apocalyptic Equestria, several centuries in the future. CharmingRhythm leads his team in setting up a new camp for the Resistance, which fights against the cyborg Hybrids.

  • ...
3
 9
 473

Chapter 12

The morning of the next day arrived. Once again, CharmingRhythm slept well. He knew he would miss his place next to Heartfelt in the comfortable bed. He couldn’t wait until he could invite his wife to his camp. There was much work to be done, and his team needed him.

Standing near the door in the front room, the Unicorn couple said their farewells.

“Thank you for staying another night,” Heartfelt said with appreciation.

“Of course. I may stop by here when I come back to town to pick up stuff, but I can’t stay any more nights, Rhythm responded.

“That’s okay. You have everything you need?” Heartfelt checked.

“For now, yeah, I should.”

Heartfelt tilted her head up and kissed him. Right after, Rhythm nuzzled his muzzle against her’s. The stallion backed away with a smile. They said their goodbyes and I love you’s before Rhythm left completely. He headed for the cab and made his way down the city streets.

The journey was quiet, with only the sound of soil crunching underneath the wheels. Rhythm enjoyed being by himself for the first time in many weeks. He felt his mind clearing just from being alone. But soon enough, his mind started wandering back to his current struggles and he wished for a distraction. Maybe Spinning can fix the radio, Rhythm thought, but knew his friend had more important things to work on at the moment.

The roofs of the village soon came into view. Rhythm parked the cab once he was in between a few of the buildings. Pacing down the stone path, Rhythm found himself stop in front of the base building. There he found SpinningNote looking upward to FeatherTune, who was on the roof. The Pegasus was trying to attach something to an old satellite dish.

Spinning’s ears flickered as he heard Rhythm’s hoof steps, and he turned around. “Rhythm! You’re back! How’d it go? Where’s Hyper?”

“He’s going to stay in Los Pegasus for a bit,” Rhythm spoke to Spinning, but never took his eyes off Feather. Quickly he called out to him “‘What are you doing?”

“I’m helping Spinning set up a wifi signal!” Feather yelled back.

Rhythm then noticed Spinning was holding some sort of device in his magic. “Just keep it right there,” The purple Unicorn said to Feather. “Tape it down.”

Feather struggled to keep the antenna in place as he wrapped tape around it and the dish’s pole. Once finished, FeatherTune jumped off the roof, his wing spread to reduce his fall speed. He straightened out his legs and jogged over to meet Rhythm.

“I think it might be a good idea to put some solar panels up there. There’s plenty of space,” Feather suggested.

While the sky was covered by clouds, a small percentage of sunlight still shone on Equestria. Solar panels were still useful.

“I’ll make note of that,” Rhythm said.

“Write it down,” Spinning shot at him.

“What?” Rhythm blinked.

“Write it down, or else you will forget,” Spinning explained.

“Sometimes I think he’s worse than me,” Feather joked to Spinning.

Rhythm rubbed a temple. “There’s a lot of things I need to write down. Lot’s of work to be done.” He exhaled.

“Should we hold a meeting?” Spinning wondered.

“Yeah,” Rhythm agreed.

“I’ll go get the others!” Feather bounded towards the village.


Rhythm sat on the far end of the table in the meeting room. He watched his team gather in one by one. Four pairs of eyes were glued to Rhythm as the meeting began.

“So what took so long?” FeatherTune asked, tipping his head. “I thought you were just dropping off Hyper.”

“I stayed a couple nights with Heartfelt. If I would have known I was going to do that ahead of time, I would have told you guys.” Rhythm rubbed his forehead. “Anyway, HyperBlitz is going to stay in Los Pegasus for a bit,” Rhythm started. “He needs to heal- and wait for a new wing to be built.”

“So he does need a new one?” Blazing checked.

“Yeah,” Rhythm sighed, feeling the energy drain out of him.

“How long will it be until he’s ready to come back?” Feather wondered.

“I have no idea,” Rhythm shook his head. “And he insisted that he’d be able to fly back.”

“Seriously?” Spinning uttered. “Doesn’t he have to get used to the new wing?”

“That’s what I thought too,” Rhythm shrugged.

“I mean, with our new wifi signal we could send him a message and check when he wants to be picked up…” Spinning proposed.

“Yeah but he doesn’t know about that yet. He seemed pretty certain he could fly,” Rhythm explained with uncertainty. “Also, speaking of wifi. I got you a new computer.”

“Awesome! That should help out a lot,” Spinning remarked with a single clap of his forehooves.

“I could help you set it up,” Blazing offered. Spinning returned him a grateful nod.

“So did anything happen while I was gone?” Rhythm requested.

“I found a safe! But I have yet to crack the code,” Spinning reported.

“Echo was afraid of getting attacked by Hybrids the whole time,” Feather remarked.

“No- I was looking out for Hybrids,” Echo spat. “Just like we were told to do.”

“We were also discussing where to put the gardens,” Blazing stated.

“Echo thinks the east side is good,” Feather told, “But I think they should be on the west side, closer to the stream. That way you don’t have to carry water all the way over to the other side of camp.”

“I suggested having garden tents on both sides,” Blazing added.

“I think it would be better if they were all together,” Echo countered. “Easier for gardeners to tend to the plants if they are all grouped together. Anyway, we’d need more water filters no matter where we put them.”

“If we get enough recruits,” Rhythm surmised, “Then we could have some on each side. Certain ponies could be assigned to certain tents.”

“I guess that’s true,” Echo said.

“But there were no signs of Hybrids?” Rhythm reviewed.

“Nope,” Blazing replied, shaking his head.

“Well, that’s good. We may not have Hyper right now, but I want all of us to keep working,” Rhythm concluded. “I think that’s all for now.”

All of the stallions were just about to disperse when Rhythm blurted out “Oh- wait!” The rest of them stared at him, wide eyed. Blazing had already stood up, but he kept his place. “I almost forgot,” Rhythm shook his head.

“I think he is worse than you,” Spinning whispered to Feather with a smirk.

“I do have some good news. We have two new recruits that want to help with our camp,” Rhythm announced. “I’ll go get them next week. I’ll try to get more supplies too.”

“Sounds great!” Blazing exclaimed.

“Let’s hope they actually listen to us,” Feather muttered.

“Okay, that’s all- for real this time,” Rhythm addressed with a weak smile.

The team scattered across their base. Rhythm quickly trotted after Spinning’s black tail into the main room.

“Hey, wanna help me unload the cab?” Rhythm asked.

“Sure,” Spinning responded, and then let Rhythm lead the way.

While unloading the vehicle, Spinning’s eyes caught sight of the severed wing with it’s golden feathers poking out of the fabric.

“Why did you bring that back?” Spinning let out.

Rhythm groaned. “Hyper wants it buried somewhere. Can you please put it somewhere else?”

“Do you want me to bury it?” Spinning offered.

“Please. Just get it out of here,” Rhythm grimaced.

“Better get rid of it before it decomposes too much,” Spinning remarked, almost too casually.

“Eck, Spinning!” Rhythm snapped with a gag.

Spinning levitated the wrapped wing and cantered off. Rhythm shook his head and tried not to think of it. He carried out the box of food and trailed back towards the base. Hopefully we can keep up with food and not have to keep restocking, Rhythm wondered to himself. His mind whirled, trying to focus back on his mission. There was a long road ahead.