• Published 27th Jun 2020
  • 2,421 Views, 33 Comments

Disharmony of the leaf - iamgoku



Before the Mane 6 have a chance to seal him away Discord manages to escape. Meanwhile, in Konohagakure, Naruto is plummeting towards the bottom of a ravine. Naruto's first successful Summons isn't what he expected at all!

  • ...
3
 33
 2,421

Chaotic Summoning

Author's Note:

Hi everyone!

Welcome to this new story I finally have decided to post here.

First things first!!!! I am not the original author of it, BUT WAIT! Put away your torches and pitchforks for a moment.

I adopted this story from an author on FF.net, who lost the desire to write for it, but still wanted it to live on, so I contacted them and asked if I could take a crack at it, to which they happily agreed to let me continue the story.

So I will be posting all the current written chapters by the original author over the next few days (I will be editing, doing some reformatting, and maybe some minor rewrites/additions to where I see fit however)

Also if you want to see some of my more recent work, here's a link to my AO3 profile where I have been more active recently:
https://archiveofourown.org/users/iamgoku/pseuds/iamgoku

Anyway, enough talk and on with the chapter!

~0~

There are multiple universes with an infinite amounts of probability in each one. One universe contains a world almost completely dominated by sea, where the age of pirates and cursed fruits thrive. Another universe has a world dominated by four nations, each one capable of bending the very elements themselves. There are few times when these separate universes interact with each other. Sometimes it is due to the plotting of a madman trying to bring about the destruction of one or more universes. Another is due to a science or magical experiment gone wrong. One event that bridges dimensions that is less commonly known is when two seemingly unrelated events coincide with each other. This story is about one such event, where the actions in a world ruled by ninjas causes a temporary breach into a world populated largely by ponies, causes the fates of one world to be changed…forever.

Meanwhile, in Equestria…

He honestly couldn't believe this was happening. And he was Discord, the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony! Words like unbelievable weren't even a part of his vocabulary! He had just been awoken from his long slumber the Royal Princesses placed him under years ago, only to go against their successors; the current wielders of the Elements of Harmony. The Draconequus had then launched a devious and (in his mind) brilliant plot to make sure he wouldn't get sealed away again; turn the wielders against each other and their own Elements, then let chaos rain throughout Equestria! It had gone perfectly at the start, the six ponies had been all corrupted by his influence and the Royal Sisters lacked the power to seal him away again without their precious Elements of Harmony. But then, that one stubborn Unicorn Twilight something or other (Sparkles, Sprinkles, Spangles?), was able to somehow get those little ponies together again and reactivate the Elements with the 'magic of friendship' or some such sentimental babble (honestly, Discord started to tune her out when she went into the whole 'dramatic speech' mode).

Now those confounded Elements were being used against him again and he was at serious risk of being trapped in stone once more! In the brief moments before the rainbow like beams of magic hit him, the Chaos Lord went over his options while simultaneously wondering where he messed up. He first thought of teleporting or transporting the Elements of Harmony so they would be of no threat to him, but past experience has told him that idea wouldn't work at all. The next thing would be to do something to the ponies themselves, but once again the Elements got in the way as they offered a sort of magical protection when they were active. This only left one option; get out of Equestria while the getting was good. Only one problem, he just…couldn't…MOVE!

Maybe it was fear of his impending imprisonment, but most likely he was being held in place by the magic of the Elements before they made contact. Normally he'd have no trouble teleporting or even flying out of the way, but he was rooted to the spot while cringing in terror as the rainbow lights grew closer and closer. In the split second before the magic made contact, the Disharmonious One felt something on the edge of his senses. It was faint, but it almost felt like a tugging sensation, one tinged by energy that was nearly as chaotic as his own! Discord didn't have time to think, he just grabbed onto that feeling and held on tight. And then…he was gone.

To the outside observer, it looked as though the lights from the Elements of Harmony had erased the Draconequus from existence, never to bring chaos to the land of ponies again. However, Discord's story doesn't end here.

The Elemental Nations, somewhere in Konoha…

"Oh CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!" Naruto Uzumaki screamed in terror as he plummeted to his imminent demise.

Personally, he blamed the Pervy Sage for this. 'Let me teach you Summoning,' he said, 'I'll let you unlock an incredible power within you,' he said, 'I'm going to push you off this extremely large cliff in order to tap into the Fox's chakra by placing you in a life-or-death situation,' he…well, technically he didn't say that, but it's what that self-proclaimed Super Pervert did. And it did work, to an extent. The young Genin had been able to go into his mindscape and demand chakra from the Nine-Tailed Fox (who, by the way, was a total jerk about it) and was able to use the overabundance of energy to perform the Summoning Jutsu mid-fall. There was just one teeny, tiny, little problem with that.

Nothing appeared out of the Jutsu.

Oh sure, there was the usual big puff of smoke when performing the technique, but nothing came out of said smoke like it was supposed to. Not even a tadpole like he had been Summoning before! A small part of Naruto's brain wondered if it was because he had used the Fox's chakra during the Jutsu that it didn't work. The larger part was screaming his head off and trying very hard not to wet himself as the ground started to become visible and getting closer. And as he drew within only a few feet from becoming a ninja pancake on the ground, Naruto shut his eyes.

'So this is it, huh? Naruto Uzumaki, twelve year old Genin of the Hidden Leaf, killed by his substitute teacher pushing him off a cliff. What a stupid way to die! No heroic battles, no fulfilling my dreams, heck, not even a real first kiss from a girl!' Naruto mentally shouted while also trying not to remind himself of his technical "first kiss" ('Oh God, please tell me that isn't something I'm going to be remembered by!' he mentally wailed in despair).

And just at that moment, he made contact. However, the ground wasn't as hard and unforgiving as he had anticipated, nor was he experiencing any real pain. In fact, the sounds of his own screams and the sound of the wind that had been whipping by were suddenly drowned out by a familiar but completely out of place sound:

FFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!

"Huh?" Naruto squeaked in surprise as the large farting sound echoed throughout the ravine. Daring to crack his eyes open just a bit to see what in the heck was going on, they soon widened as Naruto found himself sprawled out on a GIANT whoopee cushion!

The entire thing covered the floor of the ravine and had apparently cushioned the whiskered blonde's landing enough so he wasn't hurt while at the same time creating a rather awkward scenario for the boy. In all his life, he'd never think he'd have been as grateful for the fart noise maker as he was at that moment. The only question was; where had the thing come from?

At first, Naruto thought that it was placed there by the Pervy Sage as a safety net of sorts, odd as it may be. However, that thought was quickly banished as he didn't recall seeing the whoopee cushion when he saw the ground whilst falling. As apparently good as he was, Naruto doubted the old pervert had managed to somehow get to the bottom of the hole he was in before he landed and was able to both inflate and place the whoopee cushion just seconds before he hit the ground. As Naruto sat on the now deflated pranking device, there was a sound of laughter that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere around the blonde.

"You know," a voice said as soon as the laughter ended, causing Naruto to jump slightly while looking for the voice's source yet finding nothing, "I may not be familiar with whatever species you are, but if you were trying to fly like a Pegasus I'd say you are missing two crucial details. Namely, a pair of wings."

"Who are you? .....Where are you?!" Naruto demanded in what he hoped was a brave voice, but judging by the resumed laughter he guessed that it didn't work so well.

"Ah, now that's the million bit question, hmm? I'm honestly surprised you don't know who I am, since it was your pull that I followed to this world after all," the voice said while still using that mocking tone that Naruto was all too familiar with for people who underestimated him.

Tilting his head in confusion, Naruto asked, "Are you a toad or something? Because that's what I was trying to Summon."

There was silence for a solid five seconds before the voice responded. "Pfft! BWAHAHAHAHA! A toad?! Oh that's rich! I've been called many things before, but that is a new one on me!" the voice cackled in mirth for several minutes before quieting down some. It then continued in a teasing tone, "Although…if you want to Summon toads, that can be arranged!"

Before Naruto could ask what he meant, there was the sound of something falling from a great height above him. Curious, Naruto looked up…only to have a toad land directly on his face. And keep in mind this was of the common pond toad variety, not the intelligent Summoned animal type. Naruto pried the slimy amphibian off his face with a glare before noticing a large shadow had fallen over his general area. Looking up, Naruto's eyes widened and before he could either curse or get out of the way, over a hundred toads identical to the first one landed right on top of him, forming a croaking pile. It took a few seconds, but Naruto was able to dig his way out of the toad pileup and somehow, one of the wart covered suckers managed to be lodged headfirst into his mouth. Quickly, Naruto spat the toad out and proceeded to furiously scrub at his violated tongue.

"I'd be careful though," the voice spoke up once more, a strong hint of laughter echoing in his voice, "I've heard toads can cause warts!"

Just then, Naruto broke out into a large patch of warts. The painful protrusions covered nearly every square inch of his body, and the blonde ninja could only whimper in shock at this. Before he could worry about being covered in uncomfortable blemishes forever, the voice then said in a thoughtful tone, "Hmm, then again, I've heard that's a myth."

And with that, the warts came off the boy's skin in the form of pink, sudsy bubbles that floated in the air for a moment before popping. At the whiskered child's dumbfounded expression, the voice then began laughing in deep belly laughs this time.

Confused beyond belief, Naruto had had enough with whatever mind games this, whatever it was, was trying to pull on him.

"Show yourself!" He yelled out in a stronger voice than before.

"My, my, such a temper. But since you insist…" the voice said before a shape suddenly appeared as if out of thin air.

Naruto couldn't help but stare. The creature was…odd, to say the least. It had a long, almost serpentine body that was largely coated in brown fur. However, every other part of the creature looked like someone took a bunch of different animal parts and stuck them together. The head was gray in color and it looked almost like either a goat or a horse with a bushy white goatee and matching eyebrows. Out of its mouth protruded a single large fang and from the top of the head were two horns, one looked like a twisted and blue goat horn while the other looked more like a deer's antler. Its eyes were yellow with red pupils, one of which seemed smaller than the other. There were also two wings coming from its back, one feathered like a bird's, the other was like that of a bat. The thing's tail was covered in red scales and had a tuff of white fur on the end, but one of the oddest parts were its limbs. The creature appeared to be bipedal, but each of the limbs was different from the other. For the arms, one looked like an eagle's talons while the other was what appeared to be the paw of a lion. For the legs, one looked reptilian in nature while the other looked like that of a donkey. All in all, the thing was a patchwork quilt of different animals.

The being gave an exaggerated, mocking bow and said, "Greetings! My name is Discord; Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, Draconequus extraordinaire, etcetera, etcetera." At this, a trumpet fanfare sounded complete with confetti and a large banner with the word 'Discord' written on it with glitter appeared out of nowhere before disappearing in puffs of smoke.

"Now my fine furless monkey, may I ask who, or whom, you are and where this is? Besides obviously being at the bottom of what appears to be a large cliff. Wait…no, this is definitely the bottom of a large cliff."

While most of Naruto's mind was trying to comprehend just what in the heck this thing was, a part of him did register what the now named Discord had said and took offence to that.

"HEY!" Naruto pointed at Discord. "Watch who you're calling a hairless monkey buddy!" He then jabbed a thumb at himself. "The name's Naruto, and I'm a human, Believe It!"

Discord then pulled out a dictionary from…somewhere, and flipped through the pages.

"Hmm, human…human…Let's see here; heavy, hilarious…Aha! Human: noun, any individual of the genus Homo, especially a member of the species Homo sapiens. And let's see here…" He then pulled out a book entitled 'Japanese Names for Spirits of Chaos' and started flipping through it, even going as far as to pull what looked like a centerfold out of it.

"And Naruto: see maelstrom or fishcake. Huh. Well, that answers one of my questions," Discord continued as the two books vanished in a puff of smoke before he set his mismatched eyes once more on the blonde. "However, I do believe I also asked where I'm at. I don't suppose you'd tell me, eh fishcake?"

"'Fishcake?'" Naruto growled, doing his best to ignore the Fox's snickers that had begun to echo in his mind.

"Heh, heh, heh. 'Fishcake'. Now why didn't I think of that?" The great beast chuckled.

With a heavy sigh, Naruto chose to answer Discord, albeit begrudgingly. "This place is called Konohagakure. And I'll be the Hokage of it someday! Just wait and see, Believe It!"

Discord lazily glanced around at their surroundings then blinked. "Not much to look at, is there? At least the Ponies, while boring, had some color to their homes. And am I correct in assuming 'Hokage' is some sort of leadership role? Well, if you're wanting to be the ruler of this piece of land, may I suggest looking into some better real estate? After all, even Celestia had a bit more space to work with," he drawled while taking out a globe of the world and lazily spinning it on an eagle talon.

"Ugh, this is a ravine in the middle of Konoha, not Konoha itself!" Naruto defended, getting frustrated at the thing he had unwittingly summoned. Glaring, Naruto added, "You must really be an idiot."

Discord simply returned his own glare with a disgruntled "Humph."

Sighing, Naruto then stated, "Well…how about we get out of this ravine? I successfully summoned…" the boy glanced from Discord's tail to his goat horn, "whatever you are."

"Draconequus," Discord chimed.

"Yeah, that." Naruto mentally waved off the foreign word. "So that means you have to listen to me, so let's get out of here."

"Fine, fine," Discord rolled his eyes. Well, he rolled them across the ground a few times causing Naruto to leap back in shock and disgust.

"What in the—" Naruto started, but he didn't get to finish his sentence. With a snap of the fingers from the Draconequus' talon, Naruto and Discord were teleported up to the top of the ravine where Jiraiya the Toad Sage was waiting.

"Agh!" Jiraiya disgracefully fell backwards onto his behind when Naruto suddenly appeared above him without warning. There wasn't even the usual poof of smoke that accompanied ninjas who popped up! The boy was suddenly just there, as if appearing out of thin air!

Naruto landed on top of Jiraiya in a tangle of limbs and swear words. Discord merely gave the pair an amused glance.

Now, Jiraiya was a man who believed in pushing limits – he had to as an author, especially when he did his "research", and fully believed that Naruto would be able to successfully summon a Toad if his life were at least in some risk.

But Jiraiya had been very confused at the loud farting noise coming from the bottom of the ravine. He was even more confused by the creature that was compiled of a mish-mash of other creatures floating a few feet above him and Naruto. After picking himself up and dusting himself off, Jiraiya then began trying to wrap his head around why and how this creature (whatever he was) was here, and not one of the desired Toad summons.

Currently, Naruto was pointing accusingly at Discord, who looked all too pleased with himself.

"Hey! Be a little more careful on the landing, will ya, ya jerk!" Naruto then turned to Jiraiya, "What the hell, Pervy Sage! Why did I summon him?!"

For a moment, Jiraiya considered Naruto's words; something was off about them, he just couldn't place what at the moment. Naruto continued complaining about not summoning Toads and whatever this creature was. The creature was reclining on a cloud with sunglasses he had pulled from somewhere along with a reflective tanning board.

"Oh, do stop complaining Fishcakes, it's rather grating," Discord chided while tilting his sunglasses down so his mismatched eyes could stare mischievously at the blonde.

Jiraiya awkwardly cleared his throat. This was a Summons unknown to him, and would have to be dealt with carefully. "May I ask who you are?"

The creature laughed heartily. "Why, I believe I already told Fishcake here who I am!"

"Stop calling me that!" Naruto demanded. He was doing quite a bit of that over the past fifteen minutes.

The creature muttered, "Simply copy and paste, and there we are. My name is Discord; Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, Draconequus extraordinaire!" Discord gave a bow while applause from a nonexistent audience sounded and roses appeared at the Draconequus' mismatched feet.

Jiraiya stood in thought with a hand to his chin. While this 'Draconequus' was foreign to him, it was quite clear there was a lot of power behind the Summon in order for him to warp reality like that. Not even most Boss Summons could do that! Maybe this might actually work better than he'd hoped for, provided that the hodgepodge creature would listen to his newest student.

"That's actually pretty impressive, wouldn't you agree…" a smirk found its way to Jiraiya's lips. "…eh, Fishcake?"

"Ugh! Not you too!" Naruto was getting exasperated.

"Think of it as payback for the name, 'Pervy Sage'." Jiraiya shrugged. Naruto huffed.

The Sennin then turned his attention back to Discord. "Discord-san, would you mind telling me how you were summoned here?"

"Pfft!" Discord gave a scoff. "If I did that, I'd merely be repeating what people already know!" A lightbulb suddenly came on over Discord's head quite literally. "Ah! I know how we can solve this! Line break!"

"What?" Naruto and Jiraiya asked at the same time.

Discord had told Jiraiya everything there was to know about how he had answered Naruto's summons, although the Draconequus conveniently left out the parts that he had been sealed away, and had been on his way to being sealed once again. Discord told an elaborate tale, and had attempted a few visual jokes that fell flat because the two people he was conversing with didn't understand any of his gags. Basically, his elaborate and needlessly elongated story could be summed up rather simply:

He had previously been in a world of powerful magic, when he felt a strange pull on his senses. So he followed it, and as a result found himself in the bottom of a ravine in the middle of Konohagakure.

"Hmm…" Jiraiya wasn't sure what to think. He also noticed that Discord didn't seem to have a time limit for how long he could be in the real world, along with the fact that Discord did not demand any sort of sacrifice for his being summoned. 'Was it because the Summoning was done using the Fox's chakra that this 'Discord' guy showed up? Makes about as much sense as anything else, especially since there is no clear record on what happens when a Tailed Beast's chakra is used to perform the Summoning Jutsu. I had assumed it'd just give the brat enough chakra to pull off a big Summon, maybe even Gamabunta. Now though…I'm going to have to research this more thoroughly later.'

"Isn't he supposed to disappear by now?" Naruto muttered bitterly as he crossed his arms. He was disappointed that his first true Summons hadn't gone amicably.

"Na-Fishcake," Jiraiya said with a poorly hidden smirk, while Naruto pouted at the nickname. "Clearly, this isn't a normal Summons. Discord is clearly something else."

"Well I don't want him!" Naruto blurted, glaring at both Discord and Jiraiya. The boy wanted to tear his hair out.

"Oh, well, if that's case I guess I'll have to stick around, Fishcake." Discord said as suitcases suddenly appeared at his side. "I believe we will have ever so much fun."

"UGHHH!" Naruto groaned. He stomped off. "I'm going to get some ramen!"

Discord looked at the retreating blonde and then back to the Toad Sage before giving a shrug of his shoulders and floated after the human child while doing the backstroke. What he didn't say, however, was that he wasn't completely sure if he could leave this strange dimension he had found himself in. The Spirit of Chaos, since his arrival here, had been mentally examining the pathway he had come from and found that it appeared to be sealed shut behind him. While capable of traversing dimensions with his own power, the Disharmonious One was slightly worried that since the way he had found his way here was through different means, he may be stuck here for a while.

'Oh well,' Discord decided with a careless mental shrug. 'Those are questions for later. Besides, with the "Friendship Ponies" being able to wield the Elements of Harmony now I doubt it'd be safe for me to return to Equestria just yet anyway. No doubt those Ponies won't be as easily tricked this time around, but when I do return they are going to realize how bad an idea it is to try and trap me again! In the meantime,' at this a large grin spread on his face as he eyed the child who had unwittingly summoned him and he continued, 'I have a feeling this is going to be an entertaining experience…for me!'

Little did the people of the Elemental Nations realize that their world was going to get a lot more…chaotic!