• Published 10th Apr 2021
  • 1,471 Views, 147 Comments

My Little Pony: The Days of New Equestria (Season 2) - ScorchingFlamesInc



In Equestria, harmony stands strong, and love is in the air! But disharmony also lives on, as a new villain rises with destructive motives. They'll all learn the hard way that ones greatest enemy is their inner demons.

  • ...
11
 147
 1,471

Episode 2: The Fourth, Part 2

Previously, on My Little Pony...

Princess Twilight: Your friend, along with my student and her own friend, are missing. They vanished when we were all brought under attack.

Chrysalis: And considering last nights incident may have been linked to Grogar, there's a chance that they're being held captive in his lair.

Sephtis: Unlike Grogar, we're not just going to sit around and do nothing I already have a plan.

Chrysalis: He's not here. None of them are.

(The hooded pony motions for Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy to follow)

Tirek: What does it want?

Cozy: I think it wants us to follow.

(Crystal wall rises)

Tirek: We now know who you are! Show yourself!

(King Sombra reveals his face)

King Sombra: I'm going to help you three.

Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow: Huh?!?


...
Intro
...


"So let me get this straight..." Cozy began. "You want to help us?! I don't believe you."

"I'm telling you the truth!" King Sombra exclaimed. "I understand you don't trust me, but you have to! I know where your friend is! Or, at least, where I last saw him."

The trio gasped and their horns stopped glowing.

"Alright, so allow me to explain... As you know by now, Grogar created clones of the three of you, including your friend Leo. He also revived clones of Twilight and her friends that, from what I know, were created by you."

Sombra pointed at Chrysalis.

"So when Grogar sent your duplicates out to take you down, he took your friend, along with the Princess' student and a third pony as well. He sent them to an abandoned temple underneath a desert far from here. Miraculously, in spite of all the power we had and the fact they were outmatched, they won... mainly because they scattered around like ants. The last we saw them was when the temple collapsed, and from what I saw, they may have gotten out in time. Anyway, after it all, Leo's clone managed to outsmart Grogar. The whole time, the Bewitching Bell was hidden, and Grogar wore a fake. So after the battle, the clone took the bell, stole Grogar's power, turned him to stone, and took charge of us all. He renamed the other clones, and gave himself the name Sephtis."

"So Leo was never here in the lair?" Tirek asked. "He's... somewhere?"

"And this clone now possesses the Bewitching Bell?" Chrysalis queried.

"Correct," Sombra nodded. "Earlier today, Sephtis decided to go ahead and start right away with a new plan. We brought us all to a cave, and he had a spell written, promising a victory for us. He's been lying."

"What are you talking about?" questioned Cozy.

"When Sephtis took control, something inside of me gave off the feeling that something was wrong with him. Something felt different. So when he was asleep, I risked snooping around. I noticed a book near him... the book he was going to use for the spell. And so I took it, brought it somewhere where I couldn't be found, and I read it. There wasn't just a spell... it was also a journal! And that's when I learned the truth."

"The truth?" Chrysalis asked.

"Yes... the truth. Listen, I want nothing more than to destroy you, your Princess, and then take the Crystal Empire... and maybe Equestria... for myself. But the reason I'm helping you is because Sephtis doesn't want to conquer Equestria... he plans on destroying it."

"Destroying it?" said Cozy. "Seems far-fetched."

"But it's true! The book itself said this: 'When things have come full circle, Equestria will be nothing'. I swear on all things Celestia... or Twilight, whatever you say these days... that his intentions are just that! As for why, I don't know. Listen, I want the Crystal Empire to be built in my image, along with the rest of this world, but without Equestria, I'll never be able to complete my plans."

"Do the others know?" Tirek inquired.

"No. They probably wouldn't believe me."

Chrysalis cleared her throat. "Could you excuse us for one moment?"

The three huddled.

"What are we gonna do?" Cozy whispered. "What if he's lying?..."

"That may be so, but if this 'Sephtis' really wanted to destroy Equestria, he wouldn't have told us if he wanted to help," replied Chrysalis.

"But then again, it could be a lie," Tirek pointed out.

"How about this..." Cozy began. "If this is some sort of lure for an attack, then we'll try to get away as soon as they attack first. We'll go get the Princess and the guards, and then enter another battle... again."

"Alright then, we'll do just that..." Chrysalis nods.

The trio turned back to Sombra.

"King Sombra..." Chrysalis started. "We have a deal. We'll help you."

"Excellent! First thing's first-"

Suddenly, large ruby-colored bolt from the sky shot through the trees and onto the ground.

Everyone looked up, and saw Evil Cozy flutter into view.

"Golly!" she started. "It's a good thing we found you! We were getting so worried!"

"Gah! Not you!" Cozy shouted.

"I go by Empress Lilith now!"

Cozy, Tirek, and Chrysalis all glared at Sombra.

"Wait! This wasn't my doing!" Sombra exclaimed. "I genuinely wanted to-"

Just then, a part of the wall burst, and small shards of crystal flew everywhere. Luckily, no one was hit.

"And I think you'll remember Lord Alagmir and Queen Cicada..." said Lilith as Alagmir and Cicada stood in the gap.

The trio lit their horns.

"And for you, Sombra..." Lilith flew next to him. "Mister Sephtis would like to have a word with you."

"You three don't know who you're working for!" shouted Sombra.

"Speak for yourself..." Cicada rebutted. She all of a sudden shot a bolt at Sombra, but a crystal rose in front of him, deflecting it.

"We can take you three, easily!" Cozy growled.

A ruby beam shot out of Lilith's horn, heading straight for Cozy, but Cozy shot back, the two beams colliding, and neither moving back or forward.

Alagmir leapt for Tirek, fist raised, but Tirek lifted a shield. Alagmir's fist smashed on it. Alagmir yelled and shook his fist, before Tirek shot a large beam at his stomach, sending him back and stunning him. Alagmir crashed on the crystal wall.

Tirek smiled, but then a beam hit the back of his head and he fell. When he landed, he was out cold.

"TIREK!" Chrysalis shouted, before she turned her head and saw Cicada grinning smugly.

Chrysalis growled. "You..."

She and Sombra exchanged glances and nodded. They both charged for Cicada.

Sombra kept using his crystal magic to either trap or stun Cicada, but she kept getting away, dodging or blocking his and Chrysalis' magic. She occasionally fired a few shots back.

Meanwhile, Lilith and Cozy’s duel continued, as Lilith kept shooting mini-beams at Cozy.

But Cozy was then struck by a beam from Alagmir, and she tripped on her hooves. She slid on the ground and stopped.

Lilith hovered to the ground, smugly looming over her fallen foe when she landed.

She then glanced over to Chrysalis and Sombra.

Chrysalis finally managed to gain the upper hoof, and knock Cicada down. The evil changeling rolled onto her back, and saw her foes approach her, ready to take her out completely.

But then Lilith flew up behind them, with her horn lit. The moment Chrysalis and Sombra looked, Chrysalis was struck by Lilith's magic, and Cicada recovered quickly enough to finish off Sombra as well.



Sephtis...



Sephtis saw it all through the crystal ball. Everything. And he was impressed with what he saw.

"Hmmm... you've surprised me, Sombra..." he mumbled. The Bewitching Bell, tied around his barrel with a string, began to glow. "It's time for the plan to commence..."



...
...



Chrysalis' eyes slowly opened. She groaned.

"T-Tirek?" She whispered. "Cozy?"

In spite of feeling dazed and her vision being slightly blurry, Chrysalis could see Tirek and Cozy Glow recovering as well.

"Where are we?" Cozy asked.

"Why..." a voice said. "You're my guests."

Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy all perked up. They found themselves in a transparent cage, fabricated by pure red magic. They turned their heads to face whoever spoke to them.

It was Leo. And yet it wasn't. Instead of lime green, his coat was a light shade of red, the same shade of red on a rainbow.

"You must be Sephtis..." Tirek said.

"Indeed, you are correct," replied Sephtis. "And you three are Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow themselves."

"What is this place?" Chrysalis inquired. "Where's Sombra?!"

"I'm glad you asked," Sephtis said. "This place... is the cave where it all started."

"What are you talking about?" questioned Tirek.

"This place. This cave. It all started here. Equestria! When long ago, the Fire of Friendship defeated the Windigos and brought all pony tribes together!"

"It's a lot bigger than what I've heard..." Cozy grumbled.

"As I found out, the cave went deeper than you all knew. A secret entrance, that was carved here by an unknown being. It led further and further down, until eventually, it led to here... this giant room, where we all are now. Where my plan will come together!"

"Why here?" Chrysalis asked.

Sephtis chuckled. "You'll see..."

He turned and walked away.

"Wait!" Cozy called out. "What about Sombra?!"

Sephtis took a look back at the trio, and then pointed his hoof upwards.

Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow all turned and saw King Sombra, encased in a green cocoon hanging off the ceiling.

"What are you going to do?" Tirek asked.

"I'm going to use him as an example of what happens when you leave the team... just like what his purpose was twenty years ago."

Sephtis then turned back around and finally left.

There was a brief silence among the trio.

"So..." Tirek began. "He wants to do his plan... here? In this cave. Where, many years ago, and closer to the exit of this place may I add, Equestria was first born..."

"But why?" Cozy wondered out loud. "What does he want to do here? What's the purpose."

"Every villain has a reason for something..." Chrysalis muttered.

Cozy peered out of the cage. Nopony or creature was around. Sephtis was nearby, writing in a book with a quill. Cicada, Alagmir, Lilith were all chatting with the mean Twilight and the Storm King. All of them were giving the trio occasional glares. The mean versions of Twilight's friends stood around the cage in a trace.

The trio looked back at Sephtis, who closed the book that he held. They all saw the Bewitching Bell that was carried with his magic.

"Sombra wasn't lying about Sephtis..." Cozy grumbled.

Sephtis closed the book, and bellowed, "It's time! Cicada, take him down!"

Cicada rolled her eyes and shot the cocoon with her magic. The green casing shattered, and Sombra fell to the ground. The hard impact caused the trio to wince.

When King Sombra slowly got up onto his hooves, red chains manifested around them, preventing him from getting away.

Sombra's gaze met Sephtis' snarl.

"Do you really think it would be that easy?!?" Sephtis hissed.

"Wait! Listen! All of you! Do you even know who you're working for?!" Sombra called out. "He's-"

Sombra's lips were zipped shut by Sephtis' magic.

"That's enough out of you..." said Sephtis. "You betrayed me and went against our plans. You helped our enemies. And for that, I think a punishment is necessary."

Sephtis, with an evil grin, lifted the bell. "I think this will do it..."

Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek all gasped. Sephtis' horn lit, and he ignited the bell.

A blazing yellow light was the last thing King Sombra saw.



...
...



King Sombra collapsed on the ground, his usually flowing mane and tail now dull and lifeless. The red chains around his hooves were gone.

"You can't do this!" Cozy shrieked. "Listen, he's trying-"

A sound-proof bubble formed over the cage.

"They're just trying to get to you," Sephtis scoffed, before opening the book once again. "Now... first, I must make the markings..."

Sephtis looked up from the book and hit his horn. He shot a beam at the wall in front of everyone, but instead of destroying the wall, the beam was absorbed. A rune formed, glowing red.

"And next, we all take our places..." He pointed at Nightfall and the Storm King. "You two go there..." Sephtis moved his hoof to the right. He then pointed at Cicada, Lilith, and Alagmir. "And you three take a step closer."

They all took a step closer, Cicada angrily mumbling something no one could hear.

"And now, for the final touch..." Sephtis lifted the bell. "Something that contains immense magic... this!"

He placed it in front of them.

"There's always that large chance that it won't work and instead banish us all..." Sephtis said.

"Wait, what?" said Lilith.

"...But I'm willing to take my chances..." Sephtis finished. And then he lit his horn.

"I'm starting to have second thoughts about this..." muttered the Storm King.

And Sephtis blasted the bell with a large bolt of magic.

The bell started to shake, it's glow starting to crackle with magic. It vibrated.

Sephtis braced himself.

"RUN FOR IT!" Lilith shrieked.

And then they were all lifted up the ground, including Sephtis. Floating, they all went up, bellow, left, and right of Sephtis, forming a vertical circle, which faced the bell.

Sephtis was in the middle.

"This is intriguing..." Nightfall murmured.

"I don't like this..." Cozy said from the now sound-proof cage.

White magical vines then burst from everyone that surrounded Sephtis and struck him.

"I can feel it..." he strained, before shooting his magic at the Bewitching Bell once more. The bell absorbed the magic, and then turned and faced the wall with the rune. Everyone's eyes started to glow white.

And a small portal started to open.

"SOMBRA, GET UP AND HELP US!" Chrysalis pleaded, even though she couldn't be heard. "PLEASE!"

Luckily, Sombra, who had been laying on the ground and watching, heard this and staggered to his hooves, not removing his eyes from what was going on.

And then it happened. White cracks started to appear on Sephtis' body, before he burst.

Sombra and the imprisoned trio gasped.

All of Sephtis' outer pieces, which floated like eggshells were orbiting something that floated in his place. Nobody could see what it was due to the bright light, but that didn't stop everyone from being shocked.

Sombra gazed at the Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow.

And then he ran.

He ran around the chaotic mess. As the portal got wider and wider, a screeching could be heard from the other side.

When Sombra stopped, he lowered his head, and picked up a rock. With his might, he whipped his head and released the rock, which hit the bell, sending it to the ground. The magic carrying everypony and creature vanished, and they all fell.

The shell-like pieces floating around the entity suddenly snapped back into place when it fell, once again forming the body of a red Alicorn stallion.

Sombra raced to get the bell.

"What happened?..." the Storm King grumbled.

As all of the villains recovered, Sephtis looked up and saw the portal quickly close.

"No..." He then looked at his hooves, and smashed them on the ground. "NO!!!"

"Hey!"

Everyone's heads turned and saw King Sombra, standing in front of the domed cage, waving the bell.

"Looking for this?" he teased.

Sephtis growled.

"Minions..." he said to the clones guarding the cage. "... Get them!"

The clones of Twilight's friends moved, before Sephtis lit his horn and shot at Sombra. He jumped out of the way, the magic instead shattering the cage (somehow), creating a gap for Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek to get out.

"How did..." Cozy began.

"Magic can destroy magic, I guess," Tirek shrugged.

Cicada fired a beam, and Cozy blocked it with a shield. Lilith and Alagmir joined in, and Chrysalis and Tirek helped Cozy with her shield.

Chrysalis noticed Sombra running for his life, before he was struck by a beam and sent to the ground. He was stunned, but not harmed.

That likely wasn't going to last, since Nightfall and the Storm King were both closing in.

That's when Chrysalis sprung into action. "Hold up the shield. Sombra's in trouble!"

With great speed, she zoomed out of the shield and right for Sombra. The Storm King and Nightfall were ready to fire. Sombra couldn't run. He braced himself.

And then he felt himself get snatched right up in the air.

He looked up, and he realized what had happened. Chrysalis saved his life. He also noticed that she was strong, since she didn't change her form at all... she was carrying him with her own forehooves.

"You... saved me..." he quietly said.

Chrysalis returned to the shield, luckily dodging any hits, and set Sombra down.

"We need to get out of here," Chrysalis said.

"What about them?!" Cozy asked, pointing to their enemies.

"We can deal with them later," replied Sombra. "You have to get this bell to the Princess!"

"What about you?" Tirek asked.

"I'm not going. I'll block out the exit, and let fate come to me."

"Come with us!" Chrysalis said. "I know you don't want anything to do with helping us after this is said and done, but you've come this far. Don't turn back just because we're close to our victory."

"If you want to know what it's like to win, you're already nearing that chance," Cozy Glow pointed out. "You don't have to turn back and allow yourself to be caught by Sephtis. You'll feel free. Free from yourself, free from him, free from everything."

"But what if I don't want to!??" Sombra rebutted. "I'm a king! I was born to rule the Crystal Empire, along with Equestria! It was part of my plan to help you and then return to our rivalry!"

"I know you want to do what you've been doing," said Tirek. "But if you come with us, you'll never be beaten again!"

"And how do you suppose I can do that?"

The shield started to crack. And the villains all stepped closer.

"You better hurry up!" Cozy warned.

"Sombra..." Chrysalis looked into Sombra's eyes. "Take this from me... Let go of your hate. Don't go down the path that we once went down. It's never going to be enough."

Sombra was quiet. The cracks on the shield spread.

"Teleport somewhere, and give me back my magic!" King Sombra instructed. "After this, we escape. I can make a crystal wall to stall them and to give us time."

The trio looked at each other. That's when they decided that they couldn't waste any more time.

"Alright, hold on..." Tirek's horns lit.

Everyone huddled close to Tirek, and they teleported. The shield shattered.

"Took them long enough..." Alagmir muttered, looking around the room.

A yellow light started to shine.

"THERE!" Nightfall pointed, allowing everyone to see the Bewitching Bell give Sombra his magic back.

Lilith shot a massive beam right when it was done. Tirek blocked the attack, grabbed everyone, and teleported them away. When they reappeared, they were in front of the tunnel.

Sombra's horn lit, and a crystal wall rose, blocking them.

"We can't get out," Tirek said, looking up the cave. "I'm not small enough."

"Alright then, we gotta hurry!" Cozy exclaimed.

Tirek, who held the bell, activated it. When he did, something hit the wall, and it cracked.

"Go faster!" Chrysalis barked.

"I can't really control how fast this thing works," Tirek replied.

The bell shook, and the portal started to open.

And then the wall burst, prompting everyone to turn around.

"You pathetic, lying traitor..." Cicada growled.

"It's a shame we're going to have to destroy you now," Lilith said with her fake smile.

"Get into the portal..." Sombra said to the trio.

His allies didn't move. Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow just stood.

"Just get-"

"No," Chrysalis refused. "You know what? I'm staying!"

"What?..." Sombra cocked a brow. They were... staying with him?

"Me too!" Tirek agreed. "Never leave a friend or ally behind.

"Me three!" Cozy opened her wings and lit her horn. "We're all in this together!"

Sephtis laughed.

"How sweet... they're actually going to stay... for you!! They're actually going to help someone who tried to conquer Equestria?"

"At least I don't want to destroy it!" Sombra spat, stomping a hoof. "You're lying to all of us!"

All of Sephtis' allies looked at him.

"I think he's trying to trick us..." Nightfall glared at Sombra.

Lilith looked at Sephtis. "Is he?"

Sephtis stepped forward.

"I don't want to destroy it. I want to rebuild it for all of us," said Sephtis. "So you all can have your own regions of Equestria, all made in your image. Isn't that what you wanted? You could finally get the Crystal Empire that you've desired... it will be yours."

"You're lying!" Sombra hissed. "I read your journal! You've never wanted to do what you were going to do for our benefit! You were only doing it for yourself!"

Sombra stared coldly at Sephtis.

All of Sephtis' allies, except for the dazed five clones, turned to Sephtis, and lit up their horns, claws, and paws.

"What are you doing?..." Sephtis growled.

"From the start, there was always something about you," said Alagmir. "In fact, here's a bit of a surprise..."

"We've all been plotting against you," Lilith continued. "The moment we knew you overthrew Grogar, we knew we had to do something. So during those few moment where we knew you couldn't listen to us... the time where you brainwashed the other five clones, the times you went to sleep... we all plotted to get rid of you, and catch you by surprise."

"It's easy to quickly plan when we're one team," Cicada smiledd. "In fact, since your plan failed, it makes this even easier to dispose of you."

Sephtis didn't even flinch. He just scoffed, and for a brief moment, it appeared that he smirked.

They all fired. The beams collided with each other.

When the beams were gone, so was Sephtis. The trio, and Sombra, expressed their shock a little more than the villains.

Cicada turned and glared at Tirek. She lit her horn, snatching the Bewitching Bell from him.

"Now that he's gone, we'll be taking this," Cicada proclaimed.

Chrysalis snatched it back. "I don't think so!"

Cicada tried to take it back, but Chrysalis kept her hold. So now the two changelings were pitted in a tug-of-war.

Alagmir joined Cicada. Tirek joined Chrysalis. And then Lilith and Cozy joined, helping their respective sides.

The bell started to shake.

Nightfall and the Storm King started assisting their villainous allies.

But Sombra didn't go. So the bell started to slowly get closer to the villains.

"Sombra!" Cozy shouted. "Help!"

"Don't listen to them!" said the Storm King. "You can still help us! Just forget those three and help!"

King Sombra looked back and forth between the two teams.

"We need all the help we can get!" Tirek yelled.

"You'll fail if you help them!" Cicada barked. "You're outnumbered!"

Sombra looked back and forth.

And then he made his choice, one that even he didn't expect to make. He stepped closer to the reformed trio, and with all his strength, pulled the bell with his magic.

Because they were still outnumbered, the bell wasn't going closer to them right away, but it was slowed down.

"Such a foolish choice!" Nightfall hissed.

The bell slowly got closer, moving very slightly each second.

Suddenly, a small sound emmitted from the bell. The sound of cracking. A squiggly line started to engrave itself in the bell, and some light began to shine from the crack.

Chrysalis, Sombra, Cozy, and Tirek tugged with all their might. And for a second, the bell went closer to them before drifting away. Another crack appeared during that.

More cracks began to appear.

"What's going on?!" Lilith asked.

More cracks began to appear.

The bell was even closer to the villains.

Sombra knew that it was time for plan B.

The cracks spread around the bell.

And then, using a bit of his extra strength, Sombra formed a dark crystal, intending to have it shoot out of the ground and knock the bell out of everyone's grasp.

But that was only the intention. The effect was way different.

When the crystal struck the bell, it suddenly exploded, sending everyone back into many directions. The shards of the bell flew everywhere, along with pieces of the crystal.

Everyone was on the floor. Chrysalis was the first to recover. Groaning, she looked up. Her eyes went wide. Orbs of magic flew in the air. As everyone recovered, they noticed too.

And suddenly, the orbs all flew out the cave.

"What..." Cozy mumbled. "Was that?"

"I think that was... the magic of the bell..." Sombra explained.

"Well now what?!" Tirek exclaimed. "They're getting up! How are we going to-"

"Uh... can't we just... use all of our power to teleport far away from here?" Chrysalis brought up.

Everyone looked at her.

"Ugh! Of course! How can we forget that!??!" Cozy Glow exclaimed.

Just then, a large beam of green magic zipped past Cozy. The heroes turned their heads and saw Cicada, buzzing in the air.
The rest of the villains were still recovering.

"Teleport at the same time!" Tirek shouted. "To Grogar's lair!"

Cicada leapt for the team of four, growling with rage. The other villains unleashed their own ammunition-attacks.

Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow all lit their horns. Tirek lifted Sombra with telekinesis, and grabbed him with his massive arm.

"No, wait!" Sombra shrieked in defiance.

And just then, right when Cicada was close to her enemies, they all burst in a massive spark.

Lilith got up. And she saw that all of her enemies were gone.

Including Cicada.



Grogar's lair...



The spark burst in front of Grogar's lair, and right when Tirek, Sombra, Cozy Glow, and Chrysalis appeared, Cicada flew right past them, nearly hitting Tirek and Chrysalis. She slid on the ground.

She stumbled onto her hooves.

"You..." she growled. "You four will not escape this easily!"

"*ahem*..."

Cicada paused and turned around. Behind her stood Princess Twilight Sparkle, her dragon Spike, and multiple royal guards.

"You're outnumbered, Cicada!" Chrysalis proclaimed. "Attacking us will not do you well."

Cicada looked around her. Everywhere, royal guards surrounded her, and those with magic had their horns lit.

She growled.

"You haven't seen the last of me!" she bellowed, lighting her horn.

But before she could make her escape, a small purple spark burst on her head. And when that happened, Cicada no longer felt the surge of magic.

"What-"

"Magic inhibitor ring," Princess Twilight said. "It was Spike's idea to bring those just in case..."

A bunch of Royal Guards pointed their spears at Cicada.

"What should we do with her, your majesty?" Gallus asked. "I say it's to the stone statue for her!"

"Me too..." said Chrysalis, glaring at Cicada.

"We can deal with her later," Princess Twilight said. "Let's just keep an eye on her at all times, for now."

Twilight approached Chrysalis, Tirek, Sombra, and Cozy Glow.

"Now..." she began. "I'd be worried that King Sombra was here with you three... but from the looks of it-"

"He helped us," Tirek finished for her.

"Yes," Sombra admitted, showing no emotion. "I did. And now that I've helped you, our alliance has come to a close!"

"Wait, Sombra!" Cozy cut in. "We keep trying to tell you this. . We made a pretty good team. And you finally got to experience a win... of sorts."

"Yes, that is true... but I'm a tyrant! I don't befriend ponies or creatures... I conquer them! I do alliances if it's for my benefit!"

"But think about what we've done for you!" Chrysalis exclaimed. "We saved you, we stood beside you, and you chose to help us instead of the others when Sephtis was gone!"

"Well... um..."

King Sombra was starting to reach a standstill.

He looked at the three former villains. He looked at Princess Twilight. He then looked at Cicada, who was being watched by a bunch of royal guards, including Spike himself.

Sombra, seeing no way out of this, turned into his Umbrum form, and fled the scene.

"Wait!" Cozy was ready to run after him, but Princess Twilight grabbed her tail to stop her from getting farther.

"Let him go," Twilight said. "We'll try to make sure he doesn't do anything. But something tells me he's not fleeing just to plan."

"Let's just hope he doesn't decide to continue being evil..." said Chrysalis.

"So..." Twilight began. "Should we resume our search for the others, or-"

"Princess!"

Everyone turned their heads. The reformed trio's hearts started to beat in excitement.

From behind some nearby trees, Luster Dawn appeared. Leo and Magma Burn were both beside her. Their coats were matted, their manes were messy, and they looked tired, but they were still standing unharmed.

"Luster!" Spike shouted, flying over to Twilight's student. Twilight ran over to Luster and hugged her.

"Hey," Leo waved.

Magma Burn just watched.

"So..." Luster began when she and Twilight released their embrace. "What did we miss?"

They all looked at Cicada, now completely surrounded by guards left, right, and above her.



Meanwhile...



Lilith paced left and right. Everyone was still in the cave... when Nightfall looked into the crystal ball, she saw that their base was surrounded.

"So, now that our leader is gone, which one of us should be in charge?" Alagmir asked.

"I think I should be in charge," Lilith proclaimed.

Nightfall scoffed. "I've been acquainted with this world longer than you have."

"Yeah, well, I've actually tried to conquer Equestria twice, and nearly succeeded both times!"

"That wasn't even you!" the Storm King pointed out.

"Poor fools..." A voice said. "You all will fall apart unless I'm here..."

Everyone turned and saw the familiar figure approach them.

"You!" Nightfall shouted, lighting her horn. Alagmir, the Storm King, and Lilith did the same.

"Oh, come on..." Sephtis scoffed. "If I really was going to flee, these five wouldn't be in my control..."

The rest of the Mean 6 stood motionless.

"Anyway, that doesn't matter!" Sephtis exclaimed. "I'm here to make a deal."

"What kind of deal?!" Lilith inquired.

"You three tried to destroy me because of my power," Sephtis began. "Normally, I would swear vengeance and destroy all of you in the darkest of ways. But all of you... save for Cicada... have potential. So that's why I'd like to make a compromise... we continue to be a team, with me being in charge. We can conquer Equestria and put it in your image, or we can destroy it entirely and then do the former... somehow. If you still don't trust me, I give you full permission to access my private journals and spells. All of them. And besides, I have far less power without the Bewitching Bell. I can go through with your plans, as long as they are reasonable for all of us. I can allow you to do as much as you please, as long as it's not some conspiracy against me. I can give you more magic if I repair the bell. I can let you do what you want to your enemies. Everything. I can go on and on. In short, let's put my old motivations and our tension aside, and resume our teamwork. So... do we have a deal?"

All of the villains exchanged looks.

Author's Note:

Remember to check out my Reformverse news blog.

Cast
Sephtis/Leo.............................................................ScorchingFlamesInc
Chrysalis/Evil Chrysalis..................................Kathleen Barr
Cozy Glow/Evil Cozy Glow.............................Sunni Westbrook
Tirek/Evil Tirek................................................Mark Acheson
Princess Twilight Sparkle/Nightfall...............Tara Strong
Gallus...............................................................Gavin Langelo
King Sombra....................................................Alvin Sanders
The Storm King................................................Liev Schreiber
Luster Dawn............................Sabrina Pitre

WANT TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MY CONTENT? CLICK HERE: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within' conquer your creativity.