• Published 10th Apr 2021
  • 1,465 Views, 147 Comments

My Little Pony: The Days of New Equestria (Season 2) - ScorchingFlamesInc



In Equestria, harmony stands strong, and love is in the air! But disharmony also lives on, as a new villain rises with destructive motives. They'll all learn the hard way that ones greatest enemy is their inner demons.

  • ...
11
 147
 1,465

Episode 16: To When... (Part 2)

Previously, on My Little Pony...

Starlight: I'll tell you what's going on...

Sephtis: You simply arrived just in time...

*Time portal opens, everyone is soaring through the portal*

Diamond Tiara: There's no way this is real...

Starlight: My old village...

*Cozy Glow flies down the cliff*

Starlight: Wait, Cozy!

*Leo tumbles down the hill*

Past Starlight: We'd love it if you'd pay our village a visit!

*Leo and Cozy Glow are following Past Starlight*

Past Starlight: I think if they stay, they'll warm up to it really quick."

*Evilly grinning, Past Starlight shuts the door to her home*




...
*Intro*
...




Starlight stared into a pair of binoculars, watching her village from where she was. Not having anything with her in the first place, Starlight was lucky that she knew transfiguration, otherwise she wouldn't have as much of an easy time trying to piece things together to solve the problem.

"Transfiguration is such an interesting spell..." Diamond Tiara said. "She turned that rock into a pair of binoculars!!"

"You seem very amused," Apple Bloom replied.

Diamond Tiara sheepishly grinned. "I don't... see complicated magic that much these days."

While Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom kept talking, Starlight watched everything unfold. Although she was far away from the village, she was able to get a decent view of Leo and Cozy Glow. She watched as her past self proceeded to lure her friends into her old home, before shutting the door behind her. Starlight closed the binoculars.

"I'm going down there," she proclaimed.

"You are?" Apple Bloom replied. "We'll come with!"

"No! Stay here! There's already enough of us getting in trouble. I don't think anypony will be passing by this area, so don't worry about hiding."

"But Starlight-"

Apple Bloom cut herself off when Starlight suddenly turned and leapt off of the ledge. The two other mares gasped, and ran for the edge. Peeking over, they saw Starlight fall, almost like a dive, but right when it seemed as if she'd land on the ground, she disappeared in a spark, and when she reappeared, she was facing onward to the village instead of the ground, and she slid on her hooves.

"Next time..." Starlight wildly shook her head. "Just teleport regularly..."



*Past Starlight's Home...*



Past Starlight shut the door behind us. The inside was just as I remembered seeing it as... a mostly bland area, with a cabinet, bookshelf, messy curtains, and a couple of pictures of... equal signs. It felt a bit depressing and unwelcome.

"If it isn't too much trouble asking..." Past Starlight started. "I've been noticing that the two of you seemed distant during your stay here. Are you not enjoying yourselves?"

"Oh no, we are!" Cozy Glow nodded.

"Yeah. I mean, never judge a book by it's cover, am I right?" I said. "We're just... always like this in new locations."

"Hmmm..."

Something tells me that this conversation was just getting started. She giggled, and walked over to one of the picture frames to straighten it.

"You two are not from here, are you?" she asked. "From Equestria?"

"What makes you say that?" asked Cozy Glow.

"We in our town would know if there were two new Alicorns in Equestria... the last time we heard of one, it was somewhat around a week since the day her transformation was announced. So unless you transcended very recently before getting here, then... where did you two come from?"

Cozy Glow and I had to improvise. The more we kept the lie going, the better things could be.

"Oh yeah, we're new Alicorns," I quickly nod. "We just changed... yesterday!"

"Really? Why?"

Starlight had us there.

"Alright, that's it!" Cozy stomped.

Without warning, she suddenly charged up her horn and send a blast right at Past Starlight. It struck her in the barrel, sending her back to the wall, and knocking her out instantly before she hit the wall.

"What did you do that for?!" I shrieked.

"Come on. Did you really think that we'd keep up a ruse when we're alone with her?"

"...Fair point. And hey, at least the curtains are closed."

Because if they weren't, we would, of course, get caught.

"Right!" Cozy Glow said. "Now let's grab the stuff and get out of here."

"How about we just go?"

"We'll be fast!"

"Mother of- Fine!" I groan. "Make it quick."

Cozy Glow and I began the search. While she searched the floor for any secret spots, I checked the cabinets and drawers for anything useful. When I couldn't find anything in my area, I had to look somewhere else. It took Cozy Glow a lot quicker to complain than me.

"I can't find anything!" she groaned. "Starlight hid the books very well..."

"I didn't know she hid spell books here," I said.

"Me neither. I don't think anyone but her knew."

I continued looking for the parchment paper, and the next time I saw Cozy Glow, it appeared that she found something. She was looking down at one of the large stones that made up the floor, underneath a large corner of the carpet. It appeared loose... there was a border around it. Cozy Glow smirked, and pulled up the stone. There, it led to a deep hole, with a few dirty, musty books underneath it.

Cozy Glow proceeded to speed-read through the books. When she finished the third one, she snapped the book shut.

"Found it!"

"Cool!" I nod. I opened the other drawer that I was about to open, and there was plenty of parchment paper in there. I grabbed that, and when I noticed some ink and quills on top of the drawers, I grabbed them. "I got my stuff too!"

"Great! Let's erase some memories, and get out of here!"

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Our attention was turned to the window, worried that somepony felt that something was wrong after Cozy cast the sleep spell, but there was nopony there. Just ponies roaming around the village.

"What was that?" I asked.

Cozy Glow shrugged.

While we were watching the window, we heard the knocking again. We jumped, and I wasn't sure if I should run or check out the sound. I'm pretty sure Cozy Glow felt the same way.

The door slowly opened, seeming as if some unseen force was managing it. The sound of running hoofsteps was heard around us, stopping our hearts. We both stood still, watching the door, and looking around us. Cozy Glow finally made a move to approach the door and close it. When she did, I noticed a blue hue from behind me.

I turned around, and Starlight... our Starlight... manifested into the room.

"Starlight!" I exclaim. "You're here! How did you-"

"Invisibility."

I facehoofed. "DUH! Of course!"

"Hey Starlight!" Cozy Glow raised the book. "We got the stuff."

"Yeah!..." I said, before pausing. "You had books under your floor?"

"Y-yeah..." Starlight stuttered. "I... had those underground for a while. I don't think I had a specific reason for it. Anyways, we need to get out of here!"

"We can't leave yet!" Cozy proclaimed.

"Are you kidding me?!"

"Chill out, Starlight! Let me explain... we can't leave unless we erase their memories. If they have their memories, it may cause problems."

"I wouldn't... go out of my way to hunt you two down," said Starlight. "The villagers wouldn't, either... I think?"

"Better safe than sorry. They'll all be easy to take care of," Cozy Glow said. "Your past self was the hardest obstacle, and..."

Cozy Glow motioned to Past Starlight's body.

"Alright, but we have to make it quick," Starlight told us. "I don't want to be here any longer than we have to."

"None of us do," I agree. "Come on, let's get out of here."

We all turned around and went for the door. But when I went to open it, I could hear the sound of someone getting up. I, along with the others, turned around and saw Past Starlight get on her hooves.

"You're... not going... anywhere..." she growled.




...
...




I slowly backed away closer to the door. I wasn't sure if Past Starlight would break her act or not, but I wasn't taking any chances. My answer was confirmed when I glanced at the door, and it was suddenly covered in blue magic.

Instead of demanding that we stay or anything, Past Starlight instead eyeballed our Starlight. Starlight allowed her past self to approach her, and take a quick glimpse of her cutie mark.

"...who are you?..." she asked.

Starlight sighed. "I'm you from the future."

"The... future? How?!"

"Because..." Starlight paused. "You eventually lose your village by a pony named Twilight Sparkle..."

"...the new princess," Past Starlight confirmed.

"Yes... that's right. You lose your village to her, and as a way to seek revenge, you update a time-travel spell from Starswirl the Bearded in order to exact revenge. You nearly succeed, but Twilight talks you down, and decides to mentor you in learning friendship. You make amends, save Equestria, and live a better life. Now look, I know this is all confusing and all of that, but you need to trust me on this. All you need to do is let us go, let us erase your memories, and things will go the way they're supposed to. Please."

Past Starlight pondered. For a moment, I thought she was going to do what our Starlight asked her to do, and I hoped she wouldn't be stubborn and refuse to hear things out.

But then she spoke with a questionable smile. "I have a better idea..."

"What's that?" Cozy Glow asked.

Suddenly, Past Starlight grabbed Starlight, and raised her in the air. She tossed her future self, and Starlight hit a shelf, causing everything to topple on her. To top things off, Past Starlight then trapped Starlight in a crystal-cube trap. I thought Starlight would break out, but... nothing was happening.

"You two are next!"

Cozy Glow tried to put Past Starlight to sleep again, but she deflected the beam. Past Starlight growled.

"What are you going to do?" I asked. "You can't simply force us to go to your Cutie Mark vault. Once we spill the beans and reveal you're a fraud, we'll take you out easy."

"You're right... but I already know what I'm planning to do."

"What's that?" Cozy asked.

Past Starlight grinned. "Use brute force."

Now I was worried. Remember when Starlight put Twilight's friends under her control to solve her problems? She learned how to do that afterword, so there was no way she was going to do mind-control on us. So what was she going to do?...

I was never going to find out, because Past Starlight's horn flashed, and I blacked out.



*3rd POV...*



Past Starlight admired her work when staring at Leo and Cozy Glow's bodies. She never intended on doing this to any villager, but if she wanted to maintain what she had with the village, she had to take a risk and go past her boundaries. But she wasn't going to deal with just them... she had to get rid of her future self. She wasn't one for destroying ponies, but as long as she kept her future self imprisoned or maintained, things would go smoothly.

She approached the crystal cube.

"I have different plans for you..." Past Starlight started. "Once I get rid of your cutie mark, I'll make sure you're hidden somewhere where nopony else will find you. You're too much of a danger to my plans to keep around. Unless, I potentially erase your memories, and change your mane or something like that. Whatever works..."

Suddenly, the cube exploded. Past Starlight was showered with shards, books, and pieces of wood. Starlight stood up, and met the vengeful eyes of her past self, who was already prepared to send another dangerous blow, this time meant to knock her out.

It struck Starlight right as she teleported away.

Past Starlight stomped and growled, but then she heard her door knock, with Double Diamond's voice on the other side.

"Starlight? Is everything alright?"

Past Starlight took a few deep breaths and massaged her cheeks. Even though she didn't really need to, she allowed her fake smile to return.

"Everything's okay!" she beamed. "One of our guests accidentally knocked some stuff over."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep! Just peachy!"

"Alright then! How are the guests?"

"They're doing just fine!" Past Starlight lied. "They're just talking in private about the likelihood of joining us."

"Really? That's great!" Double Diamond beamed. "Should I go round up the town?"

"I'll do it. You can just go do your own thing, and continue being happy!"

"Can do!"

Past Starlight listened and waited for Double Diamond to leave, and when she did, she turned and approached the pile of books on the ground. She picked one up, and started to read it.

"Let's see..." she mumbled to herself. "I could remove their cutie marks while they're asleep, but it may not be the best option... I need to figure out some way to control them..." Past Starlight checked out another book. "Hmmm... I could use the Fiducia Compelus spell... with Cogeria and Persuadere... yes! I think that would work just fine..."



*Meanwhile...*



"Come ooooon... tell me!" Diamond Tiara pleaded.

"Nope!" Apple Bloom refused.

"Why? Is it too personal, or something?"

"Well..." Apple Bloom rubbed a back hoof on the ground. "Kinda."

"Oh... well... if you don't want to share it with me, then that's fi-"

"If Ah' were to go back in time..." Apple Bloom started. "It would be when my parents were still around."

"Oh..." Diamond blinked. "... you're right. That was personal. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, it's okay... Ah' mean, we're friends. We can share things with each other."

*POOF*

Their conversation was cut short when Starlight appeared out of nowhere, limp on the ground. Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom rushed over to her, only to find that she was unconscious.

"What just happened?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"How should Ah' know?!" Apple Bloom shrugged. "I'm guessin' it wasn't anything good, though..."

"At least she's okay... right?"

"I dunno... Starlight?" Apple Bloom poked her. "Starlight!"

Diamond Tiara leaned in. "Yeah, she's fine, but I'm not sure if she'll be easy to wake up..."

Apple Bloom stood over Starlight, grabbed her cheeks, and shook her a little. "Nope. Nothin'."

"We could splash some water."

"I don't think we'll find any water for miles."

"Well, doing anything physically harmful to her is definitely not a good idea..." Diamond Tiara paused. "...Unless?..."

"No-no! Why would we do that?"

"I don't know."

"Listen, we shouldn't just think about Starlight. Leo and Cozy Glow are still down there!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"You're right. We should... probably help them first, since they're likely in more danger."

"We don't know what's going on with them, though. And we don't have anything that we could use to see closer. There's nothing we can- wait..."

"Wait, what?"

"Ah' remember..." Apple Bloom started to reflect. "Ah' remember being told the story about when Starlight was in charge of the village, how everything worked, and what happened with Twilight and the others...."

"Really? What did happen?"

"Ah'm pretty sure she kept them around... and then took them to a cave to remove their cutie marks."

"So we can just go to the cave and then?..." Diamond Tiara awaited the answer.

"That Ah' don't know... we need to help them, but also preserve the time-line. One screw-up, and we're doomed. Plus, we don't know where the cave is."

"We could follow them."

"That's true, but then what?"

"I don't know... being an Earth Pony instead of a Unicorn makes this a bit tougher..." Diamond Tiara mumbled.

That gave Apple Bloom an idea. First, she looked around her surroundings to make sure it was promising. Then, she spoke up.

"We may not have magic..." Apple Bloom started. "But as Earth Ponies, we have strength."

"You do," Diamond Tiara replied. "I don't think I do..."

"Ah' may have an idea. It's a stretch, and Ah' don't know if it will work, but you'll have to trust me."

"Ooookay?... What's the idea?"

"First we need to wait for the villagers to leave..." Apple Bloom explained. "If Ah'm right, the path to the cave is the same path where we first saw the villagers."

"I hope you know what you're doing..."




...
...



The villagers left. And Apple Bloom was right... they took the same path where they were first seen. Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara had to keep ahead, so they'd run far ahead, hide when they could, and wait to see if the villagers would take the path they assumed. They miraculously avoided getting caught the whole time.

Eventually, the cave was in plain sight, but when they got there, they found it was too tall, and there was no way up.

"Way too tall..." Diamond Tiara scowled.

"Alright, Ah' got a bit confident, but Ah' always get excited when the stakes are high..."

"So now what?..."

Apple Bloom sighed. "We'll have to go at them head-on. Though Ah' think if we expose Past Starlight as a fake, maybe that would hel-"

"Woah, woah, woah!" Diamond TIara interrupted. "You want to expose Starlight to her village? We can't do that!"

"In case you forgot, Diamond Tiara, we're already hosed. If we expose her, we can just make sure nothin' happens, and the others can wipe their memories clean when all of this is said and done."

"It's a big risk, though, and we don't know about what happened with Leo and Cozy Glow. We ourselves can't keep her in that easily."




*Meanwhile...*




"We're almost there!" Past Starlight beamed, while she lead the villagers, along with Leo and Cozy Glow, to the vault.

"I'm very intrigued on how the process works," Leo said in a drone-like voice. "What do you do?"

"I'm glad you asked! You see, we use what is called the Staff of Sameness to remove the cutie marks off a pony. It's one of Mage Meadowbrook's nine enchanted items.

"Fascinating!" Cozy smiled, also with a drone-voice.

The cave was in view.

"And here we a-!" Past Starlight grinned, before noticing Diamond Tiara outside of the cave. "Wait... who's that?"

Past Starlight saw Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara discussing the problem, and how to handle it.

"You could get her seriously hurt if you knock her out with your bare hooves!" Diamond Tiara exclaimed.

The two mares paused, both noticing the villagers, Past Starlight, and Leo and Cozy Glow (apparently in a daze), staring at them.

"Whelp, nothin' we can do about it now," Apple Bloom shrugged, before tackling Past Starlight. The villagers gasped, and parted away. Apple Bloom and Past Starlight rolled on the ground, and Apple Bloom got up. While Past Starlight got up, Apple Bloom quickly ran around Past Starlight until her flank was in sight, and she spat.

"ACK! WHAT THE-"

Past Starlight realized what happened, and she watched the spit dribble down, smudging off some of her fake equal sign, and exposing her cutie mark.

The villagers gasped.

"You... lied to us?" one of the ponies (Party Favor) gasped.

"Of course she did!" a voice shouted. Everyone turned, and the future Starlight Glimmer approached the group. There was a murmur among the villagers.

"Starlight! You're awake!" Apple Bloom exclaimed. "How did you find us?"

"I'm so confused..." mumbled Double Diamond.

"When you all were gone, I had the feeling that something was going on at the cave, and I wanted to get there before it was too late. Also, on another note, my past self probably should have made the sleep spell last longer..."

"Good thing you got here," Diamond Tiara said. "Apple Bloom's plan probably wasn't going to work out anyway."

"Oh, and you could think of something better?" Apple Bloom rebutted.

"You all think you're so smart, don't you?" Past Starlight snarled. "Well, you know what? Fine..." She grinned. "You just changed your future... You two! Attack her!"

Past Starlight then teleported away, and both Leo and Cozy Glow both flew into the air, and charged their horns.

"Should we... do something?" one of the mares (Sugar Belle) wondered aloud.

"No need," Starlight insisted, before Leo and Cozy Glow shot at her, causing her to she teleport away. Starlight reappeared behind the two, and instantly knocked them out.

"Alright... Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom... you two tell the villagers about what's going on, and take them back to their homes. We'll make them forget about everything when we're done. In the meantime, I'm going to take care of... me. She's not going to get away... just like what I tried..."

Starlight then teleported away. Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara all turned around to face the villagers. Instead of sporting creepy smiles, they were all understandably confused.

"What's even happening?" another villager asked.

"So, who's up for a story about what we've been up to today?" Diamond Tiara nervously chuckled.




*Meanwhile...*




Past Starlight could feel her breath shorten, but she kept going, now entering the more snowy area of the land.

"Sure, I could have done some extra stuff..." Past Starlight hissed through her teeth. "Had those two Alicorns attack, take some cutie marks, whatever I was able to. But there's one thing I get out of it no matter what... I'm changing the future!. I'm not sure how, but it had to of been something... maybe my future self and her friends would fade away, or maybe they would be sent back to the future to their new world. It doesn't really matter. Once I figure out where I go from here, I'm fre-"

Past Starlight stopped in her tracks and slid on her hooves when her future self appeared right in front of her.

"How did you-"

"This is the way I took last time, when I tried to run away," Starlight explained. "I was certain I would find you here."

Past Starlight took a shot at her future self. Starlight deflected it, and hovered herself into the air. Past Starlight lifted herself in the air, too. They took multiple shots at each other, and eventually, Past Starlight resorted to pelting some loose rocks and small boulders. Starlight kept dodging, deflecting, and fighting back.

Starlight eventually knocked her past self to the ground, and she lowered herself down. She looked into the angry eyes of her evil counterpart. A breeze started to pick up, carrying their manes.

"It would be easier if you just let me erase your memories of this whole thing," Starlight said. "Take this from me... if your story carries on the way it should, you'll understand everything that you're missing out on." Starlight lowered herself. "You get to be a hero. You will have many friends. You will be in charge of a school. And you will learn from all of your mistakes."

"What... are you trying to feed my motivations in order to convince me?..." Past Starlight snarled.

"Well, I'm not trying to do it exactly, but-"

That was just the distraction Past Starlight needed. She quickly snapped her head over to a large ledge of snow, and blasted it. In a flash, all the snow tumbled down, and covered Starlight, who only had seconds to react.

Past Starlight stared at the large pile, turned, and walked away triumphantly (in a familiar manner as well). However, a blue ray suddenly burned right through the snow, and the blue light was the last thing Past Starlight saw. Her body rolled on the ground, and came to a stop.

Starlight slowly walked out of the hole that formed from her attack. She approached her past self's body, looked down at it, and lit her horn.




*Later...*




Starlight, with her past-self in tow, appeared where she last was. Everyone except Diamond Tiara, Leo, and Cozy Glow were all gone.

"Hey Starlight!" Diamond waved.

"I'm guessing Apple Bloom took them back to the village?"

"Yep!" Diamond nodded. "It wasn't easy, though... we had to talk them into going back to their beds, not worrying about the cutie marks, everything is fine... we even tried to say they were dreaming, but... I'm not sure if they bought it."

"Oh... I see... well, hopefully making them forget all of this is easily. Luckily..." Starlight glanced at her past self's body. "I already took care of the biggest problem."

"Great!" Diamond beamed.

"Urgh..."

A moan was heard from Leo as he finally came to, and groggily got up on his hooves.

"Did... did we win?" Cozy Glow asked.

"I think... I think we did..." Leo mumbled. "Ugh... my head..."

"Did she have us under mind-control, or something?..." inquired Cozy.

"It looked like she did..." Starlight started. "And judging from how you two looked, and the likely after-effects of the spell you're experiencing, I think it's a spell I used before during my time as Twilight's student."

"Are you sure?" Leo asked.

"Not entirely. Plus... I don't remember having that spell in any of the books I had hidden. Either I forgot about it, or the book just showed up. I don't know. It's been twenty years."

"So... where's Apple Bloom?" questioned Cozy Glow.

"She just left to bring the others back to the village," Diamond Tiara answered.

"Speaking of which..." Starlight said. "We have a lot of memory-erasing work to do."

Leo whined. "Isn't there one powerful enough to just... do the deed one whole town at a time?..."

"Sorry, Leo. It is what it is. First, we'll need to make sure the villagers are calmed down, and then we'll take care of them."




*Village...*




"Everypony, calm down!" Apple Bloom pleaded. The whole time, during the walk back to the village, ponies just kept asking questions. She answered what she could, promising that they can ask more when they got back, but when she got to the village, things started to get out of hoof.

"Calm down?!" a Pegasus (Night Glider erupted) "I don't think I've ever had a day as confusing as this! I mean, two Alicorns? Two Starlights? The fact that the Starlight leading our village was lying to us?"

"I want my cutie mark back!" another pony wailed.

"Ah' know you're confused, but just calm down! My Starlight is going to help you all sort everything out! Just trust me!"

At the right amount of time, Starlight, Leo, Diamond Tiara, and Cozy Glow all entered the village as well, joining the crowd.

"Woah! Ah' didn't expect you two to be awake already..." Apple Bloom said. "Ah' also didn't expect you all to get here so fast..."

"Yeah, I took care of her pretty quick..." said Starlight. "Get behind me, Apple Bloom."

Apple Bloom followed the order without question, though she didn't know what Starlight had in mind.

Starlight stood before all of the confused villagers.

"I'm sorry," she said.

The villagers all looked at each other.

"...Sorry for taking away your special talents... sorry for lying to you all... sorry for not being the right kind of leader..."

"It's... okay?..." Party Favor assured, completely unsure if it was the right thing to say. "I can say that, right?"

Night Glider, Sugar Belle, and Double Diamond shrugged.

Starlight exhaled. "...and I'm sorry that I can't set you all free just yet."

That last apology started to settle, and some of the villagers started to back away.

Starlight lit her horn, and then sent a shockwave that struck each and every villager. They all were sent to the ground, and none of them got up.

Nopony did anything for a bit. But then Starlight gave the order.

"Cozy Glow... help me erase their memories of everything that happened," she instructed. "Leo, Apple Bloom, Diamond Tiara... get them into their beds afterword. When that's done, we'll grab the parchment and the spell, and then get out of here."

"This is going to be a long hour..." Leo mumbled.



*Time passes...*



And so, the hour passed. Starlight and Cozy Glow erased the memories of the villagers, one by one, and then Leo, Diamond Tiara, and Apple Bloom would bring them inside to their homes and to their beds. It was a long hour, but soon, it finally passed. When it was over, Starlight went inside of her old home, and worked to clean the mess... something she didn't do earlier. While cleaning, Starlight picked up the book that she knew contained the time-travel spell, and she flipped to the required page. She then grabbed a quill and ink, and went to work...

Outside, the rest of the characters sat and talked as a manner of passing time.

"So... Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara..." Cozy Glow started. "...how was this for your first big adventure?"

"Oh, let me tell you..." Diamond started. "...There's no way I want to be in situations like this again! Yes, it's satisfying and fun saving others, and it's a new experience, but... I'm just not that kind of pony."

"Ah'm with Diamond Tiara too," said Apple Bloom.

"What are you talking about?" Leo asked. "You've done stuff."

"Ah' did, but not like this. Ah' prefer to have more grounded situations and problems, or at least things that don't have anything to do with things like time-travel."

"Didn't you and the others turn yourselves into adults once, twenty years ago?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Oh yeah... Ah' forgot Ah' told you that..."

"Whatever the case, at least we got out okay," Leo assured. "We got lucky."

"Don't say that..." Cozy Glow pleaded. "Everything goes wrong when you say that."

"Calm down Cozy. Jeez, why is everyone always so worried when I say that? Why?"

Cozy's eyebrow raised. "Even though it's happened to us before?"

"Exceptions exist."

"Whatever..."

Starlight suddenly appeared out of nowhere, a scroll raised high up in the air. "I DID IT!!!"

"GAH!" Diamond Tiara shrieked. "Did... did what?"

"Did what? The spell, obviously! Considering it took me seconds to clean, I went ahead and researched the spell. It actually didn't take as long to write it as I thought-"

"Wait, wait, wait..." Cozy Glow stood up. "Are you sure you got it right? I mean, you needed your memory for a majority of it, and it didn't really take too long for you to finish writing it-"

"I guess it just... clicked? Look, just trust me on this."

"The last time we trusted you... well... look around you," said Apple Bloom.

"Hey, Sephtis was there. But he's not here, so he can't mess anything up."

"Well, okay, we'll trust you..." Diamond Tiara said. "But if we get sent to the edge of time, it's your fault."

"That's fine... I'll accept that. So..." Starlight raised the scroll. "Are you ready?"

We all nodded, and said "Yes."

And then Starlight ignited the spell. Due to the lack of the Cutie Map, the process for starting the spell was a little different. This time, the scroll glowed, before imploding into a portal. When the portal opened, the scroll lowered to the ground, and Starlight immediately snatched it up.

"Here goes nothing..." Diamond Tiara muttered.

At once, all five of them were sucked into the portal, and swallowed whole. The moment everyone was in, the portal closed.

Unlike last time, where everyone was unwillingly sent through time and they were afraid, they all actually had fun.

"WAHOOOOO!!!" Leo howled.

"It's over!" Diamond Tiara beamed. "It's finally-"

She shut up. Everyone did. After all, how was it possible for anyone to feel free since Sephtis himself was in the same exact vortex, at that very moment, right in the middle of the group. He looked at Leo, his horn lit, and winked.

Then, he let all chaos unleash. He snatched the scroll from Starlight, and then sent a massive wave of force all around him, causing his enemies to all spiral out of their path, screaming.

Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara were the first to hit the wall of the vortex, sizzling out of existence. Leo and Starlight were next. And finally, Cozy Glow was last, vanishing into the wall all alone.

With his usual heartless grin, Sephtis giggled, and he let the vortex carry him onwards to the present time where he belonged.



*To Be Continued...*

Author's Note:

If you tuned in to my episode list, you probably expected this, but if you were surprised that this was how it ended, then that's even better. I love a shocked audience.

We got another two-parter before I close this season. If you thought this one was good (or not good), then you better hold on to your seats. These next parts will be much more fun.

(Also, gonna toss something in I don't usually do, credits to OshyWoshy, MarlonCalpe, and Darth Wrex for proofreading this)

Cast
Leo/Sephtis..................................ScorchingFlamesInc
Cozy Glow...............................Sunni Westbrook
Starlight Glimmer/Past Starlight.........Kelley Sheridan
Apple Bloom............................Michelle Creber
Diamond Tiara......................Chantal Strand
Sugar Belle/Night Glider.............Rebecca Shoichet
Double Diamond..................Brian Drummond
Sam Vincient.........................Party Favor
Untitled..................................Random Villager

WANT TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MY CONTENT? CLICK HERE: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the Brony or Pegasister within' conquer your creativity.