• Published 24th Jun 2020
  • 938 Views, 36 Comments

Equestrian Girls Buddyfighters - NinjaMare



a cross-over of MLP: Equestria Girls & Buddyfight, let's see some cards played and monsters fight!

  • ...
1
 36
 938

Chapter 1: Beginning of the Assignment.

Author's Note:

Hey there folks! Hopefully ya'll (:ajsmug:) are enjoying my latest story I've been brewing up so far, if you do, please leave a comment down below and tell me what you think, or what you think i should work on. it's you guys that can help me be better, and churn out better chapters for any of my stories.

Far outside the boarders of a city, near the side of the road leading to a hiking trail, a small orb of light appeared. Which turned into a large cylindrical beam of light appeared. The beam only lasted for a few seconds before fading out, revealing a slightly woozy Adrian, wearing an official Buddy Police Officers uniform, with his buddy still in his chibi-form. Wobbling over to a nearby sign post, Adrian supported himself by placing a free hand on the sign post, while Mander patted his buddies thigh.

“Ohhhhh…I don’t think, I could get used to that.” Adrian said as he held his head with his other hand, his brain feeling like it just went through a blender.

“That’s part of dimensional travel Adrian, warp-sickness. You’ll get used to it.” Mander said before looking around their current location, before briefly smelling the air, noting some familiar smells like those on Earth. However, the monster could tell that this world had its own scent, making it unique in its own way.

“This place almost smells exactly like Earth, but…” Mander sniffed the air again to get a better whiff of the air, and a more, detailed, scent of the world. “It smells somewhat different, but I can’t place my finger on it.

“Well if this world is like Earth, it might be a lot easier than I thought.” Adrian said as the vertigo affecting him started to disappear.

Once he felt like the floor wouldn’t be pulled out from under him, Adrian pulled out a small device from his vest’s left breast pocket. The device was a small round gadget, no bigger than a softball, and after pressing the green button on the side, the device displayed the immediate area around Adrian & Mander within 50 miles. The two looked at their portal digital map, and noted they were a mile or so from the nearest city, but what was interesting was that they couldn’t pickup any life signs of monsters in the city. The device should be able to detect the unique energy signature that all monsters have, but for some reason the map was showing nothing, nothing except for a blank map.

“You don’t think the cities abandon do you?” Adrian asked his buddy, who only shrugged as his guest is as good as Adrian’s.

“It’s possible. But we won’t get any answers from just standing around, we should go check the city out.”

Agreeing to the idea, Adrian turned the map off, before pocketing back. Mander then took a few steps away from Adrian, where his body shined in light for a brief moment, before his body grew! In terms of size, Mander was now at least the size of two large male lions, his white and light purple scales shimmered in the light post along the road, and the glow of the stars, while his mane of purplish pink hair wafted in the soft breeze. The simple armor that he was wearing before became oh so much more, impressive. Mander’s head was adorned in a helmet that sported a bladed horn, with two ‘antlers’ jutting out from both sides. His withers, shoulders & flanks were adorned in heavy duty looking armor, his forelegs & back legs adorning the same armor. Extending from his elbow guards, and attaching to his back plating, were two armored cables, each segment having a single sharp blade.

This was Mander’s true form, a large Armordragon from Dragon World, and his true name was Systemic Commander Dragon. Once he was fully transformed, Mander knelt his body down, allowing Adrian to hop onto the dragon’s back, before they set off in a full gallop towards the city.

“So Mander, where do you think we should start our investigation?” Adrian asked his large buddy.

“We should probably checkout the general location in where the anomalies came from.” Mander suggested as they neared the city.

Adrian pulled out the device again, after pulling up the map Adrian began looking for the entry point, which if he remembered correctly should be easy to track because of its unique energy signature. After a little searching for the signature, Adrian eventually found it and started to direct Mander where they need to go. Traveling through the city was pretty easy, hardly any of this worlds resistance was out and about, and judging by the sizes of most of the doors the pair are passing by, these monsters might be as big as humans. Galloping through the streets for another twenty or so minutes, the pair came upon what looked like either a high school, or a college building. Dismounting from his large buddy, Adrian walked over to the sole statue in front of the building, which showed signs of some kind of dimensional breach by his device’s scan.

“I think we found the entry point, now if I remember how to do this right…” Adrian mumbled to himself as he presses a different button, pulling up a digital screen with different controls. Fiddling around with a few options, the device beeped, before switching back to the map, and showing some lingering traces of something.

“Looks like we got four contacts, each one seemed to be going out in different directions.”

“Which one is the closest?” Mander asked as he walked over to Adrian as he enlarged the map, and uploaded the invaders own energies to the map. Showing the general directions where each one went off to, but not where they ended up. “Looks like the closest one is in this general vicinity.” Mander observed as he pointed to a section of the city, where the trail of one of invaders tappers off.

“Then we should start looking there, but seeing as its night time. Let’s try to be quite about it.” Adrian said as he made his way over to Mander before hopping back up onto his back.

The pair made their way through the city, as quietly as they could, looking for any traces of the illegal monsters signature, till they ended up in a rural neighborhood looking district. Carefully maneuvering through the streets, and the cars parked on the side of the roads, Adrian & Mander kept searching for the illegal monsters trail. But the device wasn’t picking up any more traces of energy, which probably means the monster either converted to its true form, or they somehow teleported to a different area.

“Looks like the trail cuts off here.” Mander says as he looks around the neighborhood.

“Looks like it.” Adrian said as he was about to turn the device off, but it started to beep a little. “Hold on! I think we got something.”

“Is it the illegal monster?” Mander questioned.

“Not sure, but my device is picking something up.” Adrian said as he moved the device around, trying to get a better signal. But whatever the device picked up, it was faint, so it wasn’t registering clearly. “Head in that direction, it seems to be beeping a lot more there.” Adrian said as he pointed to a road just up ahead.

Mander began walking in the specified direction, and as they got closer the device started to beep a bit faster with each step. Just as they rounded the corner the pair heard not only the device give off a lot of loud beeps, but the startled shrieks of what sounded like girls. looking down the pair spotted seven girls, only…they weren’t, normal, looking girls. they all had bizarre skin tones, like one was pink, another had blue skin, one even looked like she had dyed her skin purple. Now Adrian as well as Mander were as startled as the seven girls, but it was mostly because they weren’t expecting to see humans in this world…then again, other worlds have either human or human-like monsters. Why should this one be any different. But when Adrian looked down at his device, it was beeping and flashing a positive illegal monster signature.

‘Is one of them the illegal monster?’ Adrian thought as the girls were still freaking out.

“—I don’t know, but I know for sure that isn’t from Equestria!” one of the girls voices said, snapping Adrian out of his own thoughts.

“Take it easy now ladies, we’re not here to hurt you.”

“It just talked!” the pink skinned girl shouted in a high squeaky voice, while pointing at Mander.

“Ugh, Mander, why don’t we have you shrink down for a bit, kay?” Adrian said as he hopped off his buddies back, getting a nod in confirmation before shrinking back to his chibi-form. Once Mander had shrunk in size, the seven girls were still looking at the both of them with shocked, and very questioning looks.

“Alright I’m pretty sure you girls have some questions—”

“That’s for sure!” the blue skinned girl said as she looked at the two with a now more, watchful look. Like if one of them did anything, she would jump them.

“But short answer is, I’m a cop from another world looking for a trespassing monster that could cause trouble. Once I got the monster, me and my little friend here—” Adrian said as he pointed at Mander who was sticking close by his side. “—will be out of your hair.”

“…you two are from another, world?” the orange skin girl dressed like a southern belle gal, asked as she looked between the two.

“Yeah.” Adrian said honestly. But before any one of them could continue, the device in Adrian’s hand started to beep, but this time louder.

Ignoring the girls for a moment, Adrian looked back at the device, and saw that there was a confirmed illegal monster…somewhere in their immediate vicinity. Walking around trying to get a better signal, and to pin-point the monsters exact location, Adrian began aimlessly following his device. With Mander sticking by his side, while scanning the area. As for the seven girls, they just watched the pair with unsure looks, but they soon decided to follow them, curiosity now fully enveloping them.

“…soooooooo.” The orange skinned girl said, trying to get the pairs attention. “Where are you two from?” she asked as she and the other continue to follow the pair.

“Earth.” Adrian simply said as he focused on the device. But a groan quickly escaped him as the signal on the device, disappeared. “Damn it!”

“What’s wrong Adrian?” Mander asked his human buddy.

“The signal vanished.” Adrian grumbled for a bit. “But that means that one of the illegal monsters is definitely in the area.”

“Should we scout the area then? Maybe well find the monster if we continue to look around.” Mander suggested, to which Adrian shook his head.

“We should back off for a bit. I think the monster knew were catching onto its trail.” Adrian said as he turns the device off, and pockets it as he turns to look at Mander. “Let’s see if we can find a motel, or something to rest up.” Mander nodded and the pair were going to walk off, only to stop and noticed that the seven girls were just a foot or so from them. all having varying degrees of intrigued curiosity.

“Uugh…hi. Didn’t think you girls were still here.” Adrian said to the group.

“Kind of hard not be intrigued by visitors from another world.” the white skin—and by white Adrian meant color, not nationality—girl said as she crossed her arms.

“Plus, we’re no strangers about visitors from other worlds.” The blue skinned girl said as she tossed an arm around the orange skinned girl. “So, who exactly are you two, and what are you doing here?”

“I think I already told you.” Adrian said bluntly.

“Actually, I think you only told us a short version.” The pale-yellow skin girl said, before scooting over to one of the other girls when Adrian looked at her.

The young man then ran a hand through his hair. And just as he was about to say something, the group heard a police car coming their way. The group decided to move. The girls told the pair to follow them, which Adrian and Mander were hesitant, but seeing as they didn’t have any place to go, or know this city well enough to look for a place to stay. So with no other option, the pair followed the girls to one of their houses, the pink skinned girls house from the talking the girls were making. But as they walked off, and the police car drove by, and went in the other direction, on a nearby rooftop crouched was some humanoid figure, watching the group walk off. Or more specifically, was watching Adrian & Mander. The figure kept watching them till the group was no longer in view, and vanished in a puff of black smoke.

~~~~~

Ten or fifteen minutes of walking later, and the group made it to the pink girls how’s, whose name was oddly and comically was, Pinkie Pie. To Adrian & Mander, it sounded more like a nickname than a proper name. in any case once the group made it to the house, they congregated in the living room and the girls started to bombard both of them with question. Like where did they actually come from, what is Mander, why are they here, and many other questions. Now, B.P protocol usually had officers not really indulge in answering questions, but since Adrian wasn’t technically a B.P officer he thought it wouldn’t hurt, plus these girls seem like their good kids. So Adrian indulged the girls questioning, to an extent.

“…and so you and other Buddy Police Officers insure that no monsters, who travel to other worlds, cause trouble and send them back to their own worlds?” Sunset asked Adrian who nodded once she processed what she was just told.

“Yeah that’s pretty much it. Although I’m not technically part of the Buddy Police, I’m more like a guy whose just giving a friend a hand because they were short-staffed.” Adrian said before a snicker caught his attention, looking over at Rainbow.

“Still can’t believe you guys call yourselves the Buddy Police. Sounds like something a kid came up with.”

“Actually it was something a kid came up with.” Adrian said. “The first kid who made friends with a monster, became the first Buddy Police Officer. And the force has been going by that in honor of him.” Adrian said with a small smirk.

“Oh.” Was all Rainbow said with a bashful expression.

“So, how many of these illegal monsters are here, in this world.” Applejack asked as she leaned slightly forward on her spot on the couch.

“From what I could gather, at least four of them. though the real problem is tracking, and finding them.” Adrian said as he looked over to his buddy, who was enjoying having his mane rustle by Fluttershy, whose seemed to have taken a shine to the little armordragon.

“But when you do find these monsters, you fight them by playing a…card game?” Twilight asked skeptically.

“Pretty much.” Adrian said bluntly. “But it’s not as simple as it sounds, and it’s hard to describe what actually goes on.”

“Try us?” Sunset asked as she leaned back on the chair next to the couch.

Adrian went into explaining how the game of Buddyfight worked, told them the various types of cards, and monsters that come from the various that made up a deck. And that some of the monster cards are actually the monsters portraying them, who are sort-of like destined partners. Fluttershy asked how do monsters know if they have the right partner, Adrian just shrugged and asked Mander what he thought on the question. But all Mander did was simply say: ‘It’s just this feeling that monsters have, and they have to learn why they are paired with the human they did get paired with’.

After Adrian basically told the girls how the game worked, and tried to explain how actual buddy fights go, he eventually showed the girls his own cards, which most of the monsters looked a little like Mander. But with their own differences and looks about the. The girls asked if any of these cards could become actual monsters, unfortunately though Adrian said the only real monster he has, was Mander. Later into the night, after the girls changed into the pajamas, and Adrian was just wearing his thick pants, and shirt with his vest and jacket on the chair he was sitting on. It was very weird, and a little un-comfortable that Adrian was basically crashing at a slumber party full of high school girls, but where was he supposed to go? He could try to find a motel, but he doubted that even a cheap motel would over look Mander, or even take the same currency he had packed into his vest’s packs. Which were various types of currency from the other monster worlds.

The doorbell rang, and Pinkie was up and at’em in a flash. And soon enough the group had six boxes of pizza from classic pepperoni, to a six cheese, and even Hawaiian. As the group ate their dinner, Adrian wondered how he was going to track down those four monsters, after all he doesn’t know this world. And this was an official B.P assignment, not some vigilante or good Samaritan passer by doing a good deed kind of thing. A nuzzle to his leg caused Adrian to be pulled out of his thoughts, and looked down at Mander with a pizza slice hanging half-way out of his mouth, and giving his human buddy a reassuring grin. Smiling back Adrian ruffled his buddies mane, before grabbing a slice of Hawaiian pizza, and eating it.

‘Well, however I go about this assignment. At least I won’t be alone.’ he thought as he finished his slice. Adrian reached for another slice, but then a thought came to him. “Where would I be sleeping exactly?”

“Oh you can sleep in the den over there!” Pinkie said as she pulled Adrian up, and dragging him over to a pair of sliding wooden doors.

The den was pretty nice, a big window in the back facing the backyard, a few large bookshelves covering the sides with a desk near the window. There was also a nice TV on the other side of the den, where a couch & table was. Pinkie then walked over to the table, before moving it and fidgeting with the couch, where it turned into a pull-out bed.

“It’s been awhile since anyone has slept in here, so I’ll have to bring you a spare pillow & blanket.” Pinkie said before doing just that, leaving Adrian alone in the room. Walking over to the couch bed, where sat down on the end before stretching out his back.

“Well…I guess I could do worst.” He said before flopping on the couch bed, and using his feet to remove his boots, then listening to them clump on the wooden floor. “Things are going to be crazy for a while.”

~~~~~

Another hour or so has gone by and when it hit midnight, Adrian was already fast asleep, with Mander sleeping by his feet like a dog. But Sunset & her friends were still wide awake, talking, playing games, or watching a movie, all the while talking about the guy sleeping just below them.

“I still can’t believe that Adrian’s people have invented cross-dimensional travel! That’s stuff is usually only in science fiction books.” Twilight commented as Rarity fiddles around with her hair.

“Indeed darling, but considering what we usually see…should we really be surprised?” the fashionista asked no one in particular.

“Ah’m still having trouble believing that there are four monsters out there, just waiting to cause trouble.” Applejack said as she, Fluttershy & Rainbow were playing a game.

“Yeah but it sounds pretty awesome, kind of like us.” Rainbow said as she tried to gain the lead in the game, which to both hers, and Applejack’s surprise, Fluttershy was the leading gamer.

“Oh I just hope nobody get’s hurt during all of this, cause it sounds like these monsters are more dangerous than anything we’ve come up against.” Fluttershy said as she made her character gain 10 more points, leaving her two friends to groan and grumble to try and catch up.

“I’m sure Adrian and Mander have everything under control, besides, they said they’ve dealt with stuff like this before.” Pinkie said cheerfully as she reads a magazine as Sunset does Pinkie’s toe nails.

“Still, we should probably keep our eyes & ears open.” Sunset warned her friends. “We may not be able to do much, but we could probably help Adrian and Mander in finding the monsters.”

“Or we could just kick the monsters butts ourselves!” Rainbow said before attention went back to the TV, showing that Fluttershy had a landslide victory, with Applejack in 2nd place. “OH! Come on!”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea Rainbow. We don’t know what these monsters are capable of, plus our powers are not really suited for actual combat.” Twilight said as she readjust her glasses, while Rarity finishes her hair.

Sunset agreed with Twilight. Their powers may allow them to be able to fend off wayward plants, and tricky traps, but actual fights, their powers weren’t that useful. All except maybe Applejack’s super strength, Rarity’s diamond projections, Twilight’s levitation & Pinkie’s explosives—when she has access to sprinkles—but the others didn’t really have any direct combat powers.

So while the girls agreed to keep their eyes & ears open for anything, monster related, they decided to leave the actual capture and defeat of the monster to Adrian & Mander. But as the girls were discussing this, outside of Pinkie’s window, the same shadowy figure from earlier was spying on them, before vanishing in another puff of black smoke. Leaving to plot its own plans, and hopefully, rid itself of the Buddy Police Officer.