• Published 24th Jun 2020
  • 939 Views, 36 Comments

Equestrian Girls Buddyfighters - NinjaMare



a cross-over of MLP: Equestria Girls & Buddyfight, let's see some cards played and monsters fight!

  • ...
1
 36
 939

(Updated) Chapter 9: the Final Challenge Issued

Author's Note:

Sorry to anyone whose been waiting for the update to this fic, as other projects and new ideas plagued me, among work and family matters. but hopefully, this little appetizer to the final bout will wet you're appetite. and don't worry, i plan to have the 10th Ch. and Epilogue to this fic posted sometime on Friday.

Not more than half an hour of returning to finish his assignment, and checking up on his new friends in this new world, Adrain and his partner Mander were on the hunt for the last of the monsters that came to this world. with two of the four monsters dealt with, and one that is under surveillance and will be dealt with in due time, there was only one monster to deal with. And hopefully it will be a more easier challenge. But little did either Adrain and Mander know, the last of the monsters were following them, and was already hatching a plan of its own. It just needed a host to aide it in its plan.

“So Adrian, what’s the plan on finding the last Illegal Monster?” Mander says to his partner as they made their way to a large parking lot, one that was more or less away from any major populated area of the city.

“Simple. We try and get it’s attention, bring it to us instead of searching for it.” Adrian said as he looks around the lot, and the surrounding buildings, making sure that no one was around. Once he saw that no one else was around he looked to his buddy monster.

“So far we were lucky that no one else was hurt, but we can’t afford other people to get dragged in this case.”

“Agreed.” Mander stated as he shifted from his small chibi-form, to his true Armordragon form. “But that still begs the question on, how do we get the monsters attention.”

“That…I haven’t thought out yet.”

“And unnecessary.”

A deep gravely voice spoke out of nowhere, causing the pair to be on guard, and looked around the lot but found no one else. As the pair looked around, the two of them then saw another teenage girl, with pale green skin, dark green messy hair, and wearing a stripped sweater and dull blue jeans. The two partners looked at each other confusedly before looking back at the girl, but once she got closer the pair noticed that she seemed to be, dazed or sleep walking, as her eyes were half-open and seemed to be in a trance.

Adrian and Mander then saw a blue card float from behind the girls head, and transformed into the last Illegal monster. The monster was a bipedal dragon with edgy deep dark green scales, was a head taller than Adrain, and was fully dressed up in an elaborate dark purple robe. The robe was decorated with beads, a chest plate with shoulder guards, on the back of the robe are six bejeweled wings, and two antlered horns that arch behind his head. And to finish off the dragon’s wizardly or sorcerer motife, was the impressive scepter he was wielding.

“So you’re the last monster that came to this world.” Adrian stated as he took a step forward.

“Yes. I am the Death Wizard Dragon…and my name is not just for show.” The dragon said as he lifted his scepter an inch from the ground, and the girl standing just a foot in front of him floated an inch off the ground as well.

“Let the girl go Death Wizard.” Mander said as he snarled at the dragon.

“One more step Armordragon, and the girl—” the girl groaned in pain as red marks appear on her body. “Well, you know what will happen.”

“Let the girl go!” both Adrain and Mander said in unison.

“I think not, I think I’ll keep her for, insurance.” The black dragon said to the pair as he lowered his staff, which in turn lowered the girl.

“This isn’t making things easier for you Death Wizard.” Mander said to the black dragon.

“Perhaps, but it’s the only way I can garner your attention.” The black dragons says as he steps forward. “I’ve watched you try to track us monsters down, and even beating one of us. And your new friends even managed to beat one of the other monsters, while also befriending another. But things won’t the same with me.” the dragon said as he walks about the lot, the girl being dragged along with each movement.

“In the Darkness Dragon World, I have very little authority or power when compared to my fellow Black Dragons. Even if I traveled to other monster worlds, I would still be overpowered by stronger monsters, and be unable to live the life I deserve. But here…” the monster spun around in place once as he gestures all around himself.

“I have all the power! There’s nothing else in this world that can even come close to match me, including those friends of yours. The power they have is hardly enough to defeat the weakest of monsters, even if they work together.”

“So that’s your plan? You came to this world so you can live in a luxuries life you can’t get at home, and rule over the people because they can’t fight back?” Adrain said as took a step forward, followed by Mander.

“In the Darkness Dragon World, you only survive if you are stronger than any other monster, and if you are clever enough to thwart their attempts to remove you from your position of power…or before you can even gain your power.” Death Wizard says as he looks over his shoulder, his menacing eye staring the young man and Armordragon down. “And that is why I am here.”

“Regardless of your reason Death Wizard Dragon, this is not your world. And we can’t stand by and let you try and establish your dominion here, you have to return to your own world.” Adrain says as he matches the dragons own glare. The well-robed dragon turned to face the young man, and the Armordragon, an aura of dark magic surrounding the dragon.

“Then it would seem we only have one means to move forward…we fight.” the dragon thrusted his scepter at the pair. “If I emerge victorious you will leave this world to my rule.

“But if we win!” Adrain says as he reaches for his transformed core gadget. “You get sent back to your world without issue!”

“Then let our duel, COMMENCE!”

Death Wizard Dragon slams the butt of his scepter onto the concrete ground, using his magic to create the Stadium that Adrain and Mander fought Yamigetsune in. As the walls form, the floor rises and creates the platforms, and invisible dome surrounds the structure to ensure no onlookers will notice the structure. While also making sure that the fight won’t disturb the world and its surroundings. Just as the Stadium finishes being constructed, Adrian and Death Wizard Dragon arm their decks.

“With peerless speed and precision, we charge head first into battle without fear! Lumanize!” Adrian said before his deck case changed before the girls eyes, into what looked like a gauntlet on the left arm. “Systemic Edge!”

“We deal with dark arts, and bring the despair to our enemies! Lumanize!” Death Wizard proclaims as a core gadget appears by the girl, acting as the dragon’s stand in for the battle. “Dragon’s Devilry!” once both battlers were set, and the Stadium was finished being constructed, Adrain and Mander stared down at Death Wizard Dragon who matched their gaze, before they all shouted.

“LET’S BUDDY FIUGHT!”

Adrain and Mander looked up to the tallest platform that Death Wizard Dragon was standing on, waiting for the dragon to make the first move of the game. The black dragon’s unfortunate puppet draw a card, then proceeded to charged and draw. Looking at the cards that made up their hand, Death Wizard scanned over each one before whispering something to the girl, before looking back at Adrain and Mander.

“For my first move, I call Sealed Black Crest Dragon, Elgod to the center. And to the right I call Black Dragon, Cold Blade.”

The first of the black dragon’s monsters was huge! Its head alone was as tall as a two-story building, which emerged from a large portal with chains binding it to said portal. The other monster was about the same size as Mander, but its body was purely black with a grey sheen to it’s scales, while angular horns and spikes of ice and cold steel emerge from its body. And a cold mist surrounded the monster, as it hissed and growled. Once the dragons were summoned, they both let loose a wailing roars to try and discourage the pair, but Adrain and Mander remained resolute.

“Cold Blade, teach those two to fear us.” the icy dragon roared as it leaped and bound across the stadiums battle field, racing towards the pair before lunging at them while swinging its icy bladed tail, striking Adrain while creating a rushing wind of freezing cold air, reducing the young man’s 10 life to 9.

“End of move.” The ambient voice of the stadium proclaimed as the dragon sorcerer’s turn ends.

“The first strike, is mine.” Death Wizard says as Adrain goes through his own Charge and Draw phase. Brining his gauge to 3.

“Don’t get to full of yourself Death Wizard, this battle just started.” Adrain says as he starts his turn, holding a card in his hand.

“I first equip my Dragon Staff, Dragogift—” the card transforms into the staff that Adrain holds as he continues with his turn. “To my left I call Blue Sky Knight, Systemic Dagger Dragon, and to my right Systemic Dagger Dragon!”

After tossing the two cards to the designated platforms, the two purple scaled dragons emerged onto the battle field in spectacular manner. The former doing a little aerial swoop, while the later spun around in place like a top before stopping, and both dragons unleashed a roar of their own.

“Systemic, attack Elgod to clear us a path!”

“Leave it to me!”

The purple dragon exclaimed as he leapt from his platform, and raced across the battlefield. Elgod wasted no time in trying to stop the Armordragon, as he pulled a large thick muscled arm from the portal, and swung it down to flatten Systemic Dagger. The large claw came crashing down onto the stadium central platform, causing the structure to actually shake. But the Armordragon was to fast for the lumbering behemoth! Racing up the large limb, Systemic jumped as high as he could before lunging at Elgo like a spinning disk, blades being shot out before the dragon collided with his target while exclaiming, Dancemarkable!

Elgod reeled back and roared in pain as the large dragon turned into a flurry of glowing orange cards, all the while Systemic landed back on the central platform, before racing back to Adrain’s side of the field. But the young man’s onslaught wasn’t over. Adrian and the winged Armordragon made their way towards Death Wizard, joining in a link attack. Where Adrain struck with a spinning staff strike, while the flying Armordragon lashed out with bladed feathers, both attacks reducing Death Wizard’s Life all the way down to, 6. After the duel attack was made the young man and his dragon went back to his side, but Adrian’s move was still not done.

“I’ll now use Dragogift’s ability to move Systemic Dagger from the right to my center.”

The monster was then teleported from its original position to its new space, where the ambient voice proclaims end of move. Prompting Death Wizard to command the girl to charge and draw. And as the girl performs the actions, both Adrain and his buddy notice the frustrated expression on the black dragons face.

“It looks like we knocked him off his high horse.” Adrain commented as he chuckled slightly.

“Maybe. But we shouldn’t think we’ve got the leg up on him.” Mander cautioned as the girl grabs a card from the hand.

“I call upon Black Dragon, Dividers to my center.” The newest monster to be summoned to the game was basically a combination of a dragon, and a centipede, which stood eight feet tall.

“Next I cast, Lunatic!” the card glowed as the girl held it out as Death Wizard explains the spells effect.

“With this spell I can take one of your gauge and send it to the discard pile, but not only that—” the black dragon grinned as Adrain’s gauge was decreased to 2 before continuing. “If I have two, or more Black Dragon’s on my field, you choose a card in your hand and discard it.” Adrain grumbled as he looked at his hand, scanning over the 4 cards and ended up discarding the farthest left card.

“Now that is settled, Cold Blade will attack your Systemic Dagger!”

The black dragon roared as it leapt down to the main platform, followed by the Armordragon with a roar of its own. Both dragons then charged at each other, Systemic sliding to the left before coming into contact with Cold Blade, then in a quick dash the Armordragon slid across the ground on his side like a buzz saw. But the black dragon quickly countered the attack by slamming its tail right on top of the purple dragon, turning the monster into a flurry of orange cards…but that’s not all that has happened. A glowing blue orb appeared where Systemic Dagger was defeated, and with one deft motion, Cold Blade smacked the orb with its tail sending it towards Adrain. Where upon contact detonated like a bomb, brining the young man’s life down to 8.

“Now Dividers, go on the attack!” the centipedal dragon lets loose a screeching roar, before making a mad dash across the field, its limbs moving at great speeds before ramming into Adrain with its four clawed arms. Shredding Adrian down to 5 life.

“End of move.” The voice of the stadium spoke.

“Still believe that this game will be easy?” Death Wizard mocked as Adrain charges and draws.

“Don’t get to full of yourself Death Wizard.” Adrain smiled as he held a card out. “To the center I Buddy Call the leader of our little army, Systemic Commander Dragon! Give us a hand Mander!”

“With pleasure!”

As Mander leaps from Adrains side and onto the field, one of Adrain’s 3 gauge was inserted into the Armordragon while Adrian’s life was increased to 6, and because of Blue Sky Knight’s ability the young man’s life was increased by 1, now making it 7. But, he is also able to draw one card.

“Alright Mander, time to clear the center.” Adrain says as he points at Dividers, who hissed and snarled.

“Just leave this time me.” Mander said as he leapt across the field, landing on the central field platform but then launched off it and dived bomb towards the black dragon, who reared up and attempted to slash Mander. “Dancemarkable…Hurricane!”

In a flurry of twisting motions, Mander swiveled around the black dragon, while blades were launched off from his armor, hacking and slashing the monster in various ways. Upon reaching the platform, the black dragon screeched before erupting into cards. And as the orange cards shower over Death Wizard’s field, Mander spun around in place and sent out several more blades, slashing the robbed dragon sorcerer and reducing his life down to 4 thanks to Mander’s Penetrate ability.

“Nice work partner.” Adrain says as Mander comes back to his side of the field.

“All in a days work.” the Commander says to his human partner.

“Alright Blue Sky time for a follow.”

“I’m on it.” the winged Armordragon said as he took flight, and soared over to Death Wizard. But the robbed sorcerer seemed to be unfazed by the attack, as the girl quickly pulled out a card from their small hand.

“Cast!” Death Wizard calls out as the card glows, before transforming.

“Black Dragon Shield!” the card become a variant of Adrian’s dragon shield spells, but this one has a purple glow to it. the Armordragon came in contact with the shield, slamming into it and being pushed back to Adrain’s side of the field. “This spell reduces all damage you would’ve dealt as 0, and gives me 1 life.” After the dragon was knocked away Death Wizard’s life increased to 5.

After Blue Sky’s attack was negated, and he was knocked back to the humans side, Adrain used his Dragoon Staff to use its Move ability to have Mander move from the center to the right platform. Once the monster has moved, Adrian made his own attack by striking Death Wizard Dragon with his Dragogift, reducing the dragons life down to 3. After damaging the robbed monster and making his way back to his side of the field, the stadiums ambient disembodied voice proclaimed end of move, signaling the black dragons turn.

“This may not be a cake walk as we thought partner.” Mander said as the black dragon’s unwilling puppet charges, and draws.

“Yeah. But, we’ll just have to hang in there, and try to beat him.” Adrain replied as he readied himself for the dragon’s next turn, and with the cards he currently has in his hand…he’s not liking his odds.

~~~~~

Sunset and her friends were either pacing around the fiery haired girls apartment, or patiently waiting for Adrain to return. Hearty was least worried out of the occupants of the apartment, she has a good feeling that Adrain and Mander will do well on their own, as the witch knows what the last monster was and knows that if the pair play smart they could best the last monster. But then again, there are never any guaranties when comes to fighting and opponent.

“I hope Adrain and Mander are doing alright.” Fluttershy says as she fiddles with the end of her long pink hair.

“I’m more worried about what this last monster is.” Twilight says as she neverouslly taps her feet on the ground.

“Do not worry my friends.” Hearty says as she floats over to buddy, giving Twilight a comforting pat on the shoulder. “You’re friends are more than equipped to handle this challenge.”

“Ah sure hopes so.” Applejack says as she adjust her hat.

“I still think we should’ve gone with them.” Rainbow grumbled as she fidgeted in place on the couch.

“And then what Rainbow, none of us are actual Buddyfight players, so we can’t help them even if we wanted to.” Rarity replied to her friends statement. “If we did go with them the last monster could’ve used us against Mander and Adrain.”

“Just like when that ghost boy took over Fluttershy.” Pinkie Pie said as she gave said friend a hug.

The group continued to talk about whether their friends were alright, and if they should have gone with them. while the group were talking, Sunset looked out a nearby window, and wondered how things were going for Adrian and Mander.

“Just be careful guys.”

~~~~~

Current standings

Death Wizard: 5 Life/2 Gauge/4 cards in Hand. – Adrian: 7 Life/1 Gauge/3 cards in Hand.

“To the center I call Blood Moon Dragon, and I equip my puppet with Death Claw, Grim Reaper.”

The monster card flew out to the designated location, before creating a summoning circle that brings the new monster into the fray. The new black dragon was a tall and rather slender creature, covered in jagged bladed purplish red armor and scales. When the dragon has fully arrived onto the field it gave out a manic chuckling screech, which Cold Blade joined in as the second card that Death Wizard said would be used, transformed into a three-bladed scythe that the girl held in one hand.

“Now to really cause some havoc!” Death Wizard proclaims as he slams the butt of his scepter onto the ground. “Go forth my black dragons, tear those Armordragons to ribbons!”

Both dragons gave out their horrifying wails before leaping into action, with Cold Blade lumbering across the central platform, while Blood Moon jumped about while cackling like a mad man. Both Blue Sky and Mander leapt into action as well, with Blue Sky colliding with Blood Moon in mid jump, and the two began tussling with each other. meanwhile Mander and Cold Blade clashed with one another, the Armordragon’s armor meeting steel like scales and icy blades. The clashing dragons fought with everything they got, claws and fangs striking armor and scales, but in the end the black dragons won out. Blood Moon managed to get above Blue Sky, and thrusted his bladed claw through the Armordragon’s back, and through his chest! Mander was eventually bested in strength by Cold Blade, and had his face smashed in by the black dragon’s mace like tail.

“Now black dragons…engage your Spectral Strikes!”

The two Armordragon’s shattered into a flurry of orange cards, and like with Systemic Dagger, left a glowing blue orb behind in their defeat. Both Blood Moon and Cold Blade swatted at the orbs with a claw, sending them rocketing towards Adrain, which upon contact exploded and dealt two points of damage to the young man. Bringing his life down to 5.

“Now go forth my little puppet, reduce more of this fools life!”

The girl wobbled a little bit, before leaping from platform to platform, and racing across the main stadium field with great speed. Once the girl has raced across the field, she leapt high into the air and cocking his right arm back, she swung the scythe weapon she was equipped with at Adrain. Slashing right through his body as he cried out in pain as his 5 life dropped to 2. As the young man recoils from the attack, which actually felt like actual pain, the girl races back over to her side.

“You have served me well Blood Moon, but now you your usefulness ends here! I cast—” the girl pulled the central most card from the hand as it glowed. “Devil’s Stigma!”

A curved blade sickle came flying out of nowhere, and imbedded its blade within the black dragons forehead, causing it cry out in pain as it was destroyed. Once the dragon had disappeared, two cards shot from Death Wizard’s deck up to the gauge making it four, as well as increasing the dragon life up to 6.

“And now to end this battle, I cast! Blood Dragon Ceremony, Bloody Operate!” the card on the left glowed with power before flying off to Death Wizard’s center, where a red-colored summoning circle appeared.

“This Impact card allows me to pay two gauge to call a Black Dragon from my drop zone. So return to battle and end this fight, Black Dragon Dividers!” The centipede dragon emerged from the circle with a harrowing screech as the summoning circle vanishes. Once the dragon was fully summoned, it raced across the field towards Adrian, claws ready to end this battle with its critical of 3.

“Cast! White Dragon Shield!” Adrain quickly used his only defensive card to save himself. While spell didn’t fully save him, it did reduce the three points of damage he would’ve taken by two, leaving him only a measurable 1.

“You’re now hanging on by thread boy.” Death Wizard taunted.

“You’ve only only one life left, one gauge, and two cards in your hand. What can you possible due to save yourself.” The dragon mocked as Adrain draws, then charges and draws again.”

“Right now this is the only thing I can do.” Adrain says as he holds a card. “I cast Dragonic Grimoire, I ditch my hand so I can draw three new cards. The card then turned into a stone tablet surrounded by a thin green aura, while a bluish spectral dragon emergences from it and devours the two remaining cards of Adrains hand.

‘Come deck, give me something good!’ Adrain prayed as three new cards were placed in front of him…and they just might be able to help him! “To my right I call Systemic Dagger “Onca” to the field! And I equip my own personal Item card…Systemic Scalemail!”

The monster cards traveled to the designated platform, summoning forth the longer bodied monster as the remaining two gauge were absorbed into its body, as well as a card from Adrain drop zone. And as for the young man, the item card he played burst into light and when it faded away, he was now wearing his own variation of a Systemic Dagger Dragon’s armor. The card not only gives him 4000 power, 3 Critical, but it also has it’s own ability.

“Onca, I need you to clear the path for me.”

“It shall be done brother in arms!”

The long bodied dragon leaped and bound across the field, while Dividers hissed and snarled as it to made its way across the field. And when the two monsters reached the center of the stadiums main platform, Dividers reared and and quickly brought its upper body down. But Once slipped past the improve strike, and bolted past the monster…slashing it with its armored body.

“Now brother, finish this battle!” Onca calls out as Adrain makes his way across the field.

“Count on it!”

“And how are you going to end this battle? That item only has a critical of three, while I still have six life.” Death Wizard questioned as Adrain leaps high into the sky, and spins his body to send out a flurry of blades, reducing the robbed dragon’s life to 3.

“Maybe, but it has a nice ability that always comes in handy!” Adrain says as he comes rocketing down towards the black dragon. “Once per turn, whenever a monster with ‘Systemic’ in its card name destroys a monster, this card gains the Double Attack effect!”

“WHAT!”

“And now it’s game over!” the young man says as he spins his body like top, and crashed down onto the field, sending more blades out…taking out the last of Death Wizard’s life down to 0.

“Game over! Winner, Adrain Hartman.”

The stadium disembodied voice announces, as Death Wizard cries out in defeat as his body transforms back into a card, which Adrain quickly places in his capture device. When the black dragon was defeated, the girl that was used by the dragon seemed to regain consciousness, before falling backwards. But thankfully Adrain caught her before she dropped to the floor. The young man lets out a sigh as the stadium starts to disappear, and Mander rejoins his buddy as he spoke.

“Phew! That was, way to close.”