• Published 31st Oct 2020
  • 429 Views, 4 Comments

Noir Spiderman: A Van Helsing Story. - Adamverse



Spiderman is wanted for murder. But what the people don't know is that Spiderman's victims are monsters; creatures that he has been sent to destroy in the name of the Sun Princess.

  • ...
7
 4
 429

His Children

At the Castle of Doctor Octopus, the goblins had already started fixing the machines; they had to get this right, or it could all go wrong. Hobgoblin was wandering around the lab equipment, making sure the goblin minions were doing their jobs right.

Standing on the platforms above the lab, Morbius was looking over the progress. He shouted down to his henchman and said, “Hobgoblin, how long till we are fully operational?”

The goblin man replied, “Soon, master. Soon.” He then kicked over a goblin that was messing with the wires. “It is difficult without the good doctor, but we will have it ready when he arrives.”

“Good, very good.” The vampire stated.


Just outside the castle, two horses were riding towards the entrance; they were chasing after the Were-Wolf that escaped the village.

Twilight and Adam dismounted their horses at looked at the structure they saw the beast run towards. Twilight stated, “I know this castle.”

“Really?” Adam replied.

“Yes, but I don’t understand it. The man who lived here was killed a year ago.”

“And it was just after that, your father went missing.” Adam then noticed a way they could get in. “There, that small door, we should be able to get inside.” He pointed towards the little door and they both ran for it.


Back inside the lab, the Were-Wolf leaped through the skylight and landed in the lab; as he was turning back to his human form, Morbius went to greet him.

“Were-Wolfs, so hard get a good one these days.” Morbius explained. “You made short work of the one I sent to kill you and your sister; but still, out with the old and in with the new.”

Shining Armour stood up, still only wearing a pair of tatted shorts; he saw the vampire and went to attack him.

Morbius slapped him away before he could get a hit in, “I see you went to see your sister.”

Shining’ stated, “Leave her out of this Count, she doesn’t know your secret.”

The two of them began to wander through the lab, walking over to a table a couple of goblins were working at.

“Well then, my hairy friend; let me be the first to say, welcome to the winning side.” Morbius stated, then bowed to be funny.

But Shining Armour wasn’t going to turn against his sister that quickly, “I would rather die than help you.”

“Oh don’t be boring, everyone who says that dies.” Morbius then looked at the clock. “Besides, by the twelve stroke of midnight, tonight; you will have no choice, but to obey me.”

The goblins then threw something off the table, Shining’ looked at the object. All Morbius could say was, “Look familiar?”

It was a corpse, of a man; Shining Armour noticed the necklace around the corpse’s neck; it was the exact necklace Shining’ and Twilight gave to their….

“Father…?” Shining’ muttered. He then roared, “No!”

However, before he could attack Morbius; the vampire pushed his finger under Shining Armour’s chin, almost like it was choking him.

“He proved useless, but I think, with Were-Wolf venom; this time, they may have a chance.”

The goblins then grabbed the former prince and began strapping him to the table the corpse was on. Before they got him down, Shining stated, “I may have failed to kill you Count, but my sister will not.”

The goblin strapped him down, one other began hoisting it up through the skylight, too the roof of the castle. While he was being hoisted up, Morbius began to pretend ballroom dance with someone.


Spiderman and Twilight were wandering through the halls of the abandoned castle, no one had been here for months; the walls were cracking, the cobwebs were as big as curtains and the surrounding furniture was moldy & rotting away.

As they kept walking, Adam noticed something in a room just a head of them.

But before they got there, “So tell me why you do this; hunt monsters I mean? You must have a reason.” Twilight asked.

Adam thought about his answer before saying, “I don’t remember much from my past; the las thing I do remember is crawling up the steps of the Church of Canterlot. The Bishop found me and gave me a purpose; to vanquish those who would serve Nightmare Moon.”

When they both finally reached the room, Adam found what had caught his eye. It was a pod of some sort, hanging from the ceiling; hanging from a green vine. When they came more inside this room, they saw there were more of them, many more.

“What are these things?” Adam asked.

Twilight replied, “I heard stories as a child, the pods apparently contain Morbius’ children.” She then thought about what it meant. “Morbius and his brides are technically dead; so it should make sense, children aren’t born dead.”

Adam stated, “He must be trying to bring them to life.”

The two of them had to push past the pods, with led them into an even larger room; “Morbius and his brides’ only kill one or two people a month for survival, if he brings all these things to life.” There were hundreds more of these pods, enough for an army.


Back inside the main laboratory, the goblins were ready to start.

“Let’s start this party with a bang!” Hobgoblin cried, there was then a small explosion behind him, making him chuckle.

Lightning began to strike the roof of the castle, the lightning conductors sent bolts of electricity to Shining Armour; he was shocked with hundreds of volts. If he were still all human, this would surely kill him. The Were-Wolf curse filled the energy with supernatural power, maybe enough to achieve Morbius’ goal.

Hobgoblin grabbed a switch and yanked it down, a pulse of energy surged through the castle; wires carried the current to the room filled with the pods.

Each pod had a wire connected to it, the energy zapped the pods with a charge of electricity; they began to beat like human hearts. The things inside them were coming to life.

Spiderman and Twilight saw the surge coming, the moved away from the pods to avoid being zapped; when the energy died down, Adam moved closer to one of the pods.

Adam removed one of his gloves and attempted to touch the slimy pod, “What are you doing?” Twilight asked and stopped him from touching it.

“I’m going to see what we’re up against.”

When Spiderman touched it, he felt a jolt of energy; he moved back and so did Twilight, he bumped into another pod, which shocked her a little.

Once Adam was sure the energy was gone, he dug his fingers into the pod and began ripping it open. When the top layer came off, Adam threw it away as the mucus started leaking out. He continued to pull chunks of slime off and throw them to the side; what Twilight didn’t notice, was the pod behind her was slightly cracking open. A small hand like this was reaching out to her, and she didn’t even know it.

Once it was clear, Spiderman could see what was in the pod; “So this is what you get when vampires mate.” He stated. Adam moved his hand closer to the thing inside, but it screamed at him.

The hand trying to grab Twilight grasped her shoulder, until she felt it and swatted it away.

Another bolt of energy surged through the castle when Hobgoblin pulled the switch again, this time, the energy was a lot stronger. Once the pods were struck by the power, they were ready; they popped open like bubbles and hundreds of flying bat creatures were free to fly around.

Morbius and his two brides were standing on a balcony, overseeing the room filled with their new-born children. One of them even flew to its parents Adagio held out her hand and the child hovered over it.

When it flew away, the two brides hugged their master; it had worked. Morbius then stated, “The need to feed. Teach them how.” He then threw his brides off the balcony. “Teach them!”

The two vampires screamed as they fell to the ground, until they morphed into their half bat forms and flew with the children. The vampires and the children crashed the windows and flew towards the village.

Morbius shouted, “And beg Nightmare Moon!...” he whispered, “That this time, they stay alive.”

Adam and Twilight came out of their hiding places; there were still three or four of the vampire children floating around the room. “This is where I come in.” Adam pulled out his revolvers and began shooting the bat creatures; Twilight did try to stop him.

Spiderman shot them out of the sky, the exploded into slime once they were shot; so not immortal like their parents. One of them, was killed right before its father’s eyes; which really got him mad.

“Now I have your attention.” Adam stated to the vampire leader.

Morbius growled before leaping off the balcony and transforming into his monster bat form, Adam ran for it; Twilight ran up the stairs, she had to save her brother.

As Morbius flew around the room, he knocked sparking machinery to the ground, trying toi drop things on top of Spiderman.


Meanwhile, back in the village, in Twilight’s castle; Spike was reading in the library. He was pulled away from his book when he heard a lot of flapping noises, they coming closer.

He put the book down and turned to the window; he couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw the swarm of bat creatures, led by two vampires, flying towards the town.

One of the bat creatures even bashed into the window, the glass was strong enough to keep it out however; but Spike did jump in shock when he saw it.

“Oh, that’s not good.” He then ran for the door. “Must…warn…somebody.”

The vampires ordered their children to attack the villages; the bat swarm the town, each one biting and eating their way through their selected villager. Some of the men got a few shots in, but not even an army of men could stop this kind of threat.

Adagio grabbed one of the men that was shooting her children, she lifted him in the air before throwing him into a group of her little ones. They began eating him a live; so she cried, “Feed, my darlings! Feed!”


Back at the castle, Morbius reverted back to his ‘man’ form; he wander among the shatter parts of the castle he had knocked to the ground.

He muttered, “It’s funny, usually when I approach, when I listen to my prey’s heart beat; it’s so fast. I can almost dance, to the beat.” He clapped his hands, mimicking the sound of a fast heartbeat. He then the slowed down the clapping whilst he listened, “But yours, it’s so slow, so calm. Do you not fear me?”

Suddenly, Adam dropped from the ceiling, with the silver stake in his hand. “Does this answer your question?” he then stabbed the stake into Morbius’ chest, where his heart’s supposed to be. Spiderman spoke, “May he rest in peace.” While drawing a cross on himself.


On the roof of the castle, Twilight was trying to find her brother; she found him strapped to a table, but he was being guarded by goblins. One of the three little creatures noticed her and roared like a goblin, and then all three of them charged towards her.

She kicked one of them into another, before picking up the third one and dropping him threw the skylight; he fell down into the lab and landed in a vat of strange liquid.

Hobgoblin heard the splash, he went over to see what remained of his worker. When he saw the fall had killed the little creature, he turned to the others.

“Keep working, we must not lose the master’s power.”


Morbius pulled the stake form his chest, it didn’t even bother him. “Is this your, silver stake, Adam?”

He continued, “How long has it been? Three, four hundred years, since we last spoke.” Adam was confused as to how this ‘man’ knew his name, nut he wasn’t going to ask, in case he didn’t like the answer.

It didn’t take long for Morbius to figure it out, “You don’t remember, do you?” Morbius moved closer to Adam, who didn’t seem afraid. “Would you like me to refresh your memory a bit, Adam?”

Suddenly, Spiderman pulled a sun medallion and held it in front of Morbius; the vampire grabbed the relic and it caught fire. Adam let go of it and watched as it melted in Morbius’ hand.

“Perhaps, that is a discussion for another time.”

Adam stepped back as Morbius removed the cloak from his back, “Allow me to re-introduce myself. I am, Count Michael Morbius, born 1422, murdered 1462.”


On the roof of the castle, once the Goblins were out of the way, Twilight ran over to her brother and began unstrapping him.

When Shining Armour became conscious again, he saw what his sister was doing and he protested. “Twilight, no. Don’t unstrap me, don’t.” Once his arm was free, he tried to stop her.

Twilight explained, “Listen Shiny, it’s alright, I’m taking you home.”

The full moon was out, the curse began to take effect on Twilight’s brother. She moved away as her brother started to change form, when she saw him, she screamed.

Adam heard the scream and used it to lead him to Twilight; he ran away from Morbius, who just let him go, and used the web-shooter to climb up to the roof.

Twilight ran to the edge, where she realised she had nowhere to go.

When Shining Armour had fully changed into his Were-Wolf form, Twilight figure she was done for. The beast pounce at her, and she covered her eyes; killed by her own brother.

When suddenly, Spiderman leaped onto the roof and punch the wolf away; the creature hadn’t gotten all its strength yet, so it was easy to punch away.

Adam grabbed a hold of Twilight, she hugged her arms around him, “Hold on.” The hunter said.

“Where am I going to go?” she said rhetorically.

Spiderman used his web-shooter to create a zip-line; he hooked himself onto it and they both slid down to the forest. They zipped over the river beside the castle; Shining Armour jumped after them, but missed them. He fell straight down into the river, he was lucky he survived.


Back in the village, the children were still on a rampage.

Spike was running through the chaos, trying to avoid being carried off by these flying rats. Suddenly, he noticed a woman in peril; a woman was being attacked by one of the bat creatures.

It was trying to carry her off, but she grasped the top of a lamppost, holding on for dear life.

Spike knew how to help her, he picked up a bucket and threw it at the bat; the thing was knocked away, and the woman fell. Spike moved quickly and caught her before she hit the ground.

Just when they thought they were safe, the same bat creature flew straight them; they both screamed in fear, until…

The little vampire started going crazy; shaking, trying to claw its eyes out, and swelling up. Until, it popped into a puddle of slime; the same was happening to the rest of them, just exploding into mucus.

When Adagio and Sonata saw what was happening, they cried in agony. They watched as their children died right before their eyes; with nothing left, they flew back to their master.

When the carnage had stopped, Spike put the woman down; she asked him, “What happened?”

Spike replied, “They just died.”

The woman turned to the friar and kissed him on the cheek, he was surprised, and happy. She was pretty, her blonde hair, cute freckles and the cowgirl hat on her head. “How can I ever repay you?”

Spike had an idea, he whispered it in her ear.

She gasped and said, “But you can’t do that, you’re a monk.”

“Well, actually; I’m just a friar.”

The cowgirl blushed before smiling, she accepted his offer.


Back at the castle, Hobgoblin joined his master on the roof. “Forgive me, master; the beast’s power was not strong enough.”

The Were-Wolf growled as he shook the water off himself, Morbius was hugging onto his brides as they mourned the loss of their children.

Morbius stated, “It seems, Doctor Octopus took the key to life, with him, to his grave.” He then turned to his new Were-Wolf minion, “Find those two, and kill them both.”