• Published 31st Oct 2020
  • 433 Views, 4 Comments

Noir Spiderman: A Van Helsing Story. - Adamverse



Spiderman is wanted for murder. But what the people don't know is that Spiderman's victims are monsters; creatures that he has been sent to destroy in the name of the Sun Princess.

  • ...
7
 4
 433

A New Threat

Deep within a castle far away from anything, the prince of darkness was walking up from his rest; the lid of his coffin opened and he was frozen solid. The ice surrounding his body was starting to melt, and he hovered out of the coffin as the remaining ice shattered off him.

“Aria!” Morbius moaned, sensing one of his brides was no longer with him.

Sonata and Adagio, Morbius’ two remaining brides hanged from the ceiling, watching their master.

“Why can’t they just leave us alone.” He asked, he began walking up the wall to join his brides. “We never kill more than our need to survive. Did I not stress, how important it was, to finish of the Vladimir bloodline?”

“We lost Aria.” Adagio said as she sobbed.

“There, there, my darlings, I shall find another bride.” Morbius stated.

“What?” Adagio replied.

Sonata had tears in her eyes as she asked, “Do we mean so little to you?”

Adagio asked, “Have you, no heart.”

Morbius explained, “No, I have no heart; I feel no love.” He then flew back down to the floor, “No fear…”

“No joy…”

“No sorrow…”

He sighed before continuing, “I am, hollow; and I will live, forever.”

The brides felt compassion for their master, Adagio muttered, “Oh my lord, it is not so bad.”

Morbius laughed before turning his attention to the minions that had arrived to receive orders from their master.

His minions were little goblin like creatures, clever little things, but definitely not the most friendly of beasts. The live only to serve count Morbius, and anyone he puts in charge of them.

“I am at war with the world.” The Count stated. “We’ve come to close to let anyone stop us; I must find out who our new visitor is.” A sudden roar from behind him turned his attention, he watched the shadow of the creature chained to his wall, behind a curtain. “We will not fail this time.”

“No, the lost experiment was a failure.” Adagio stated as she and Sonata flew to the ground.

The blue haired bride muttered, “Please, say you will not try again.”

“My heart could not bear the sorrow, if we fail again.” Adagio explained.

Suddenly, Morbius roared like a wild animal, scaring his brides into hiding behind two stone pillars. When he calmed down, he said to them, “Come, do not fear me; everyone else fears me.” The two of them sighed in relieve as the nuzzled against their master. “No my brides.”

Behind the curtain, someone was jabbing the creature with a large electric volt emitter. Morbius called to the one responsible, “Hobgoblin.”

“Yes master.” The goblin replied as he came from behind the curtain.

“Why do you torment that thing so much?”

Hobgoblin thought about an answer, all he came out with was, “It’s what I do.”

Morbius reminded him of some advice he gave him a while back, “Remember Hobby, do onto others…”

“Before they do onto me.” The goblin finished. “Master.”

Morbius was pleased, “Good, now go.” he turned to the goblins looked down at them, “All of you, to Doctor Octopus’ castle.”

As the vampires hovered away, Sonata could be heard muttering, “Yes, yes; we will try again.”


Twilight lived in the castle on the edge of the town, she had brought Spiderman and Spike into her home, to find out who they were and what they wanted.

The princess brought them into the armoury, and began asking them things like, "How did you get here?"

"We came by sea." Spike replied.

"The sea?"

"Yes."

The two of them were talking, until Adam interrupted and asked, "Where do I find Morbius?"

Twilight replied, "He used to live in this very castle, no one knows where he lives now." She showed them a map on the wall of the armoury, "My father would stare at that map for hours trying to find Morbius' lair, but never could." he pulled a sword down from the wrack and asked, "So, that's why you've come?"

"I can help you." Adam replied.

Twilight chuckled a little before saying, "You say that a lot, no one can help me now."

"I can try."

"You can die trying, most of my family has." she placed a small knife on her belt. "I can handle this myself, Spiderman."

Adam chuckled a little before saying, "Yeah, so I noticed."

As Twilight pulled another sword down, she held it in her hand and stated, "The vampires attacked in day-light, they never do that; I was unprepared, it won't happen again." she moved closer to Adam, they were face to face.

"Okay, so why did they attack in day-light?" Adam asked.

"Clearly, they wanted to catch me off guard, they'll do anything to finish of my family; they're almost desperate."

Adam stated, "But that's just it, why now?"

Twilight went back to arming herself, she muttered, "You ask a lot of questions."

Adam heard her and replied, "Normally, I ask only two, 'what are we dealing with?' and 'how do I kill it?'."

As the princess worked, "My father spent most of her life looking for answers, working not stop in the tower, had very little time for his children."

Spiderman then turned to Spike, "Spike, the tower, start there." the friar nodded before going to do his research on the vampires.

As Spike walked away, Adam turned back to Twilight and explained, "The only way to save your family is to stay alive until Morbius is killed."

He stopped what she was doing and sighed, "And who will kill him if not me? Who will show courage if not me? You?" she asked.

"You go out there on your own, you'll be out numbered and out matched. And you can't see in the dark. I the morning, we will hunt him," Twilight picked up and turned back to Adam, nearly hitting him with the mace, but we caught it just in time. "But we'll do it together."

Twilight lowered the mace, she looked him in the yes; even though they were blocked by the lenses in his mask. "Why am I intrusting my life to you, I don't even know who you are? I just told my life story and all I know is your fake name."

Adam replied, "Sometimes it's easier to talk to a man with no face."

"They say people who wear masks are people who try to hind something." she then reaches for his hat and takes it off; she holds it in her hand and then reaches for his mask with the other. "I'll ask you again, let me see your face."

For some reason, Adam let the princess take off his mask; when she saw his face, her reaction wasn't that great.

Adam joked, "What? Were you expecting burns and scars, or maybe six eyes and drooling poison?"

“Do you have a real name?”

Spiderman replied, “Adam, Adam Van Helsing.”

"Some say you're a murderer, others say you're a holy man, which is it?"

Adam smiled and replied, "It's a bit of both."

Twilight chuckled before giving him his mask and hat, "I promised you a drink, the bar is down the hall, help yourself." she then began to walk away. "As for me, I'm going to finish what my family started."

Adam followed and said to her, “I’m sorry you have to bare this burden. And I’m sorry about your Father and brother.”

“I will see them again; we Tramplevanians don’t believe in ‘never see them again’. There is life after death, and that’s where my family is waiting.”

Suddenly, Adam grabbed her and pressed against the wall; she tried to fight back, but he sprayed her with some kind of knock out spray. He picked her up, bridle style and took her to a bedroom and left her there.

Once he knew she was safe, he muttered, “Does the goddess allow me to have that drink now?”


Later that night, when Twilight woke up, she found herself in a bed; she was mad, “Spiderman.” She stated.

She got up and grabbed a flaming torch from the wall, she wandered through the castle, looking for the man who knocked her out. She made her way back to the armoury to find him.

“Spiderman?” she asked. “Adam? Where are you?”

Outside, the moon was high in the sky; shining it’s lunar light through the windows of the castle. It was Twilight’s only other source of light, apart from her torch.

Little did she know, she was being watched by something; something, not human, was lurking along the walls. Twilight felt like something was not right; perhaps the vampires had come for her while she slept. She picked up a revolver gun that was on a nearby tabled; thank Celestia it was loaded.

The creature crawled down a wall to come closer to its prey, it had both eyes on the princess it was stalking.

Twilight could hear the sound of something, like a snarling beast’s breathing; she looked up at the rafters, trying to find it.

Suddenly, it crawled down a pillar and growled at Twilight; she saw the monster, it was another Were-Wolf, so she shot at it and ran. As she ran, the moon outside was being covered by the clouds.

She ran and hid behind another pillar, she looked around to see if it followed her, but it seemed all clear. However, there was someone there; just not someone she would expect.

She turned the other way, only to come face to face with…..

“Shiny.”

It was her brother, he was alive; however, his clothes were all torn and he looked really sweaty. But all Twilight cared about was that he was here, she caress his face and said, “Oh my goddess, your alive.”

Shining Armour grasped the hand on his face, he was happy to see his sister; until he snapped out of it, “No, Twilight listen, I only have a moment.”

She tried to explain, “But there’s a Were…”

Her brother cut her off, what he had to say was important, “I know Morbius’ secret, he has a…”

Before he could finish, he suddenly felt a pain in his side; he moved away from Twilight to keep her save. It took some thinking for the princess to figure out what was wrong with him, but she didn’t want to believe it.

“No, no, please not him.” She prayed as tears fell from her eyes.

Shining Armour growled and pulled his torn shirt off, he backed up against a wall, and some began to climb up it. When he looked out the window, the moon was revealed form behind the clouds, its light shined through the window.

He turned back to his sister and said, “Run, Twilight. Ru…”

The change started, his skin began to peel away and was replaced with fur, and his face grew out to that of a wolf. When the change was complete, a black furred Were-Wolf stared and growled at Twilight.

“Twilight?!”

Adam came running into the room with his revolver, he saw the Were-Wolf and shot at it; but the wolf leaped out the window and ran down to the village.

Spiderman walked over to Twilight, she was in shock; “Twilight, are you alright?” Adam asked.

Spike came running into the room after he heard the commotion; he sniffed a little before asking, “Why does it smell like wet dog in here?”

“Were-Wolf.” Adam replied.

Spike then stated, “Right, you’ll be needing silver bullets.” He said as he through those very things to Adam.

“Well done.” Adam stated.

Twilight however, came out of her shock; she realized that Spiderman was going down there to hunt her brother.


Spiderman wandered through the streets, looking for the Were-Wolf; he kept calm and readied his gun, which was now loaded with silver bullets. He walked past the undertaker’s place which was next to the grave yard.

Adam took cover behind and empty coffin, well, he thought it was empty.

“Nice night.”

Adam then pointed his gun at the one in the coffin, it was Zephyr Breeze; the undertaker stated, “This size is a bit tight for me.” he then stepped out and measured its size compared to Adam. “But for you, it’s a perfect fit. What a coincidence.”

Zephyr went over to a hole in the ground and began digging, “I see the wolf man hasn’t killed you yet.”

“Don’t worry, he’s getting to it. You don’t seem too threatened by him; why is that, if I may ask?”

“I’m no threat to him, I’m just the one who cleans up after him,” Zephyr shoveled a load of dirt to the side. “If you get my meaning.”

“Isn’t it a bit late to be digging graves?”

“Oh, it’s never too late to dig graves; you’ll never know when you’ll need a fresh one.” When Adam wasn’t looking, Zephyr Breeze attempted to killed him with the shovel; but before Adam was done in, a sixth sense warned him.

Spiderman grabbed the shovel and stopped it; he then pointed his loaded gun at Zephyr. The undertaker had to think of something quick, to save his life.

“Oh sorry,” he muttered. “It’s just, my nature.”

Suddenly, Adam’s sixth sense came began and he jumped out of the way; however, the incoming threat did get one target.

Zephyr Breeze screamed as the Were-Wolf pounced at him; he tumbled into the grave he had just dug, not breathing.

Adam turned to aim his gun at the monster, but before he could shoot the beast, Twilight came out of nowhere and pushed him down; giving her brother an opportunity to run.

When Adam saw the Were-Wolf had escaped, he turned to the one who helped it; he grabbed her by the neck and pushed up against the wall. “Why?!” he growled.

“You’re choking me.”

“Give me a reason not to.” Adam replied.

Twilight said, “I can’t, if people knew…”

He suddenly let her go, “He’s not your brother anymore Twilight.”

The princess heard that, she never told him, “You knew?”

“Yes.”

“Before or after I stopped you from shooting him?”

“Before.”

She then shoves him away, “And still you try to kill him?!”

“He’s a Were-Wolf, he’s gonna kill people.”

“He can’t help it, it’s not his fault!” she cried.

“I know, but he’ll do it anyway.” Adam replied.

Twilight then explained a rumor she heard, “Listen, they say Morbius has a cure; if there’s a single chance, I’m going after it.”

Adam stated, “I need to find Morbius….”

“And I need to find my brother, he gave his life for me, he’s the only family I have left.”

Adam let her go, he thought about it for a minute; at least she had a family, one to remember. Adam has no memory of his life; all he remembers is five years ago, he joined the Knights of the Holy Order, and has been helping them vanquish evil ever since.

He knew what it was like to lose something dearest to him, so he wasn’t going to let it happen to someone else.

“Alright, we’ll look for your brother.”