• Published 27th Jun 2020
  • 1,023 Views, 11 Comments

Notebook Found in a Deserted House - Rune Soldier Dan



A young colt chronicles his last stand against the dark.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,023

Letter Found on a Perfumed Nightstand

B.~

This almost slipped the net. Don’t let it happen again – I want my wedding to be perfect.

~C.

Comments ( 7 )

Ok, so a horror story about a young colt and creatures being changelings without explain what they are is really good. The explanation of events from the colt's point of view in the journal is interesting, ecspecially with the intensity towards the end when he is scared.
The extra bit just makes it so sad when you realise what it means

This is a damn excellent, and suitably creepy, ponification of the Bloch story. Well done!

10319066
did they already got him, killed him or worse?

11264075
Uh, The Colour From Out Of Space, which I sorta thought you were riffing off of. There may have been hints of another of the Great Master's tales too, maybe some Whisperer In The Darkness. But the fact that there are subtil, comfortable, hints rather than an abject retelling is what I liked. I've only dared to set my hoof to imitate Great Master Lovecraft once, and it was apparently a disaster.

11264365
Ah! It's actually a Ponyfication of a Mythos story of the same name, it's here if you ever care to read it.

Love me a ponified Mythos tale, nom nom nom.

Login or register to comment