• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 407 Views, 5 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow the Second Story - SapphireRose87



My sister Betty jumped off a cliff to her death twelve years ago. I'm still dealing with the guilt for not being there for her.

  • ...
12
 5
 407

5) My Idiot Challengers

“Did I hear what I think I just heard?” I said.

“You heard it correctly,” said John, “this is a solo mission. And you’re going to have to wear your throne uniform for this one.”

Why me? I thought.

“Now let me brief you on the mission,” said John, “Princess Twilight is going on a date with a stallion named Shadow Mist. You’re going to be there to make sure that stallion doesn’t harm the Princess. And trust me, Shadow Mist is a pervert and thinks that every date he gets is his property.”

I flinched at that thought, I’ve been on quite a few dates myself. I even don’t think of them as my property. This guy must be a real idiot.

“Yup,” said John, “Olivia and Jasper will be standing by the throne today. Considering there are no assignments for you after all.”

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, I thought, it just did.

“Now,” said John, “it’s time for you to change your shift starts in five minutes. You’re dismissed!”

“Yes sir," I said.

* * *

After I got dressed I went to the Throne Room to see Jasper and Olivia standing by the throne. When I saw Jasper he whistled at me.

“I don’t blame the Princess,” said Jasper, “for asking you to be her bodyguard.”

“I really don’t need this right now Jasper," I said.

“Yeah,” said Olivia, “but you do look sexy in that uniform.”

I groaned and thought, This is so not happening right now.

When the Princess walked into the Throne Room I gave her a bow.

“You can look at me," Princess Twilight said.

I stood straight up not sure of what to do next.

“I know you’re uncomfortable with this,” said Princess Twilight, “but you’ll do fine. Let’s just hope he doesn’t challenge you to a duel.”

Oh boy, I thought, this is not going to end well.

The trumpets then sounded to announce the presence of the Princess’s date. Shadow Mist came into the room and he definitely looked like he had a big ego, with his head held high and trying to stand above the others. I so wanted to slap him, but it wasn’t the right time for it. It was because he wasn’t a threat yet, but I had a feeling he might be one soon.

“Well you highness,” said Shadow Mist, “you’re looking more like a goddess every time I see you.”

“Why do you keep asking me to go on these stupid dates?” Princess Twilight said. “You know I’m not going to marry you.”

“Oh,” said Shadow Mist, “but we’re arranged to be married, you can’t run away from destiny.”

Princess Twilight groaned and did a face hoof. I so wanted to punch the guy in the face! That’s because he had an even bigger ego than Jasper! Shadow Mist’s ego was so big I was surprised it fit in the room.

“We might be arranged to be married, Shadow Mist,” said Princess Twilight, “you do realize if I don’t like you the contract breaks.”

“But you want peace between the two of our nations,” said Shadow Mist, “as the Princess of Friendship, I would think you would want to seal the deal by marrying me.”

“For the last time Shadow Mist,” said Princess Twilight, “I don’t care if war breaks out between our two nations! I’m so not going to marry you! I’d rather have a stick up my butt instead!”

“I like that fire in your eyes!” Shadow Mist said. “That’s the way I like them!”

I seriously wanted to cut the guy’s head off and chop him into a million pieces. I could tell Jasper was getting a real kick out of this because he was trying so hard not to crack up. I couldn’t do anything about it so I just stood there and bit my tongue.

Princess Twilight groaned, “Fine Shadow Mist, let's get this over with!”

“Ah,” said Shadow Mist, “you say that like it’s going to be to torture. Don’t worry I’ll have you in my bed by the end of the day!”

At this point I couldn’t bite my tongue anymore.

“That’s enough!” I said. “If you harm the Princess, I won’t hesitate to deal with you!”

Shadow Mist rolled his eyes, “Looks like the bodyguard needs to learn some manners! Princess you really should put him in his place!”

“Nope,” said Princess Twilight, “not going too!”

Shadow Mist then shook his head in disbelief.

“Fine then,” said Shadow Mist, ‘let’s get this date started shall we?”

I could tell Princess Twilight really didn’t want to go on this date and I don’t blame her. When the date first started we walked down the hallway and into the garden out back. Shadow Mist then found a table in the middle of the garden and sat down. He then motioned for the Princess to do the same.

“So why did you choose this place?” Princess Twilight said.

“I thought it would be more romantic to have a date out here,” said Shadow Mist, “except for your bodyguard.”

I could tell Princess Twilight was really pissed off by this time. However, I had kept my composure as much as possible. I just stood there wishing I could turn this guy into a punching bag. I really wanted to kill the guy just from watching him.

“Okay,” said Shadow Mist, “the waiters should be here any minute.”

The waiters then brought the food to Princess Twilight and Shadow Mist. While the Princess ate more delicately Shadow Mist ate like a pig. Of course, Princess Twilight gave Shadow Mist a look of disgust.

“Hum,” said Shadow Mist, “I say we ditch the bodyguard.”

“No thanks,” said Princess Twilight, “I’m good.”

“So do you love humans or something?” Shadow Mist said.

“And you care about my love life because?” Princess Twilight said.

“Since you’re my future bride,” said Shadow Mist, “a groom needs to know if his bride’s cheating on him.”

Princess Twilight groaned, “So what if I am? I think I told you I’m not going to marry you!”

“Fine then Mr. Bodyguard!” Shadow Mist said. “I challenge you to a duel!”

Oh boy, I thought, what have I gotten myself into?

“So,” said Shadow Mist, “how about the winner takes all? If you win, you get the Princess. If I win the Princess will marry me no questions asked.”

At that Princess Twilight did a face hoof and groaned.

“Fine,” I said, “I think someone needs to put you in your place.”

After that, Shadow Mist left the date with his head in the air.

“Gee,” I said, “ego much? He’s worse then Jasper!”

“Who’s Jasper?” Princess Twilight said.

“Some idiot I got paired up with as a teammate,” I said, “we don’t get along at all.”

* * *

The next day was my first Therapy session. As soon as the Therapist introduced herself I was then told to sit on the chair across from her.

“I hear you’ve been having some trouble with your anger?” The Therapist said.

“Yeah. So?” I said.

“Hum,” the Therapist said, “how do you deal with that in the present time?”

“I guess I turn people into punching bags," I said.

“John told me something a little bit like that," the therapist said. “You’re just like your mother, you know that?”

“Let’s hope I don’t become a serial killer too," I said.

“Nah,” the Therapist said, “you’re not like that, I can tell. Your mother however, really needed to be in a mental asylum if you ask me.”

I wanted to laugh at that comment but I kept a straight face.

“You know you can show your emotions in here,” the Therapist said, “it’s safe…”

I nodded and the Therapist smiled at me.

“There are other ways you can deal with your anger," The Therapist said.

“Like?” I said.

“Keep a journal, go for a walk or run, have sex, masturbate, heck maybe you even use a literal punching bag," The Therapist said.

I had nothing to say to her. I just looked away in embarrassment.

“You know,” the Therapist said, “having sex might not be bad thing for you. I don’t mean having a girl in your bed every week. Although if you can find a girl to tame you, that wouldn’t be a bad idea either. You look embarrassed right now and there no need to be. I’m just saying what I think, that’s all.”

“Can I go now?” I said.

The Therapist looked at the time, “Yes you can go, that’s all we have to talk about for now.”

“Thank you…” I said.

As soon as I got up, I ran out of the office like a bat out of hell.

* * *

The following week, Jasper decided to challenge me to another sparring match again. The fact that Jasper kept challenging me was really starting to get on my nerves.

“Okay,” said Jasper, “I want a real fight this time. I want to see how many hits you can land on me.”

I rolled my eyes, “Sure Jasper, whatever you say.”

As usual there was a crowd of women that had surrounded us.

Oh boy, I thought, I hope they’re showing up for Jasper this time.

Before even saying go Jasper landed a punch to the jaw. I stumbled backwards but then I got up.

“Fine then,” I said, “have it your way.”

This time I didn’t dare dodge Jasper, I was determined to get as many hits on him as possible. We both got a lot of hits on each other.

“Hum,” said Jasper, “looks like you’ve gotten stronger since the last time you fought me.”

“Yeah,” I said, “and?”

The fight continued when Jasper got me in a choke hold. That was when I knew that I had to give up.

“Okay,” I said, “I surrender, I’m done.”

Jasper let me go and I was about to walk away, when out of the corner of my eye, saw Jasper throwing another punch. I then turned around and caught his fist in my hand. Then I applied pressure to Jasper’s fist.

“That,” I said, “was a bad idea! You don’t do those types of attacks unless you have a death wish.”

“I don’t think I won that fight,” said Jasper, “fair and square! I know when someone’s going easy on me!”

“I wasn’t going easy on you,” I said, “in case you didn’t notice, we were evenly matched.”

“Only when you stop calling me a coward is when I’ll stop challenging you," Jasper said.

“You want to know why I keep calling you a coward?” I said. “It’s because you like to run and hide in a battle. What I mean by showing me you’re not a coward is when you can fight side by side with me and not sitting on the sidelines. Then, only then will I stop calling you that! I’m not going to send you flying into a wall this time. And I do believe I said I surrender. I think you’ve won this fight.”

I let go of Jasper’s fist and saw him walk away and then I did the same thing.

* * *

Robert made sure I got home in one piece. I told him I was fine, but he insisted on going with me.

“Did you lose that fight on purpose?” Robert said.

“No I didn’t,” I said, “why do you ask?”

“I’ve never seen you lose a fight before,” said Robert, “not ever since you enlisted! Were you going easy on him like he said you were?”

“No,” I said, “in case you didn’t notice we were evenly matched.”

“Well,” said Robert, “you sure disappointed the ladies on that one. They were booing at Jasper.”

“And I care about that because?” I said.

“After that fight,” said Robert, “I’m concerned about you that’s all.”

“I’m fine," I said.

“Okay,” said Robert, “as long as you’re going to be fine, I’ll take your word for it.”

We finally made it home and Cozy Glow was there to greet me at the door. She had a concerned look on her face.

“What happened to you dad?” Cozy Glow said. “You look like you’ve been pummeled to a pulp.”

“I guess you can say that,” said Robert, “he just decided to take on a stronger dude this time.”

“Ouch,” said Cozy Glow, “I’ve never seen you look so bad before. I'll have to ask Grandma Fluttershy to call Zecora to look over you.”

“That’s nice Amethyst,” I said, “but I’m fine really I am.”

“You always say that even when you’re in such bad shape,” said Cozy Glow, “would you let people and ponies help you for a change?”

“Fine,” I said, “go ahead and call Zecora, although I don’t want to hear rhyming right now. And you can go ahead and go Robert.”

“You sure you don’t want me to stick around for a while?” Robert said.

“I said go!” I snapped.

“Okay, okay,” said Robert, “I’ll see you later!”

After Robert left, Fluttershy and Discord came downstairs.

“What’s all the commotion about?” Discord said.

“Wow,” said Fluttershy, “you look horrible! What happened?”

“Training is what happened!” I said. “I’m not going to say another word.”

“Grandma Fluttershy,” said Cozy Glow, “can you call Zecora for him?”

“Oh yes,” said Fluttershy, “I’ll do that for him right away. Don’t worry Norman, Zecora will fix you right up. And those bruises and that black eye will be gone in no time at all.”

“Thanks Fluttershy…” I said.

“It’s no problem at all," Fluttershy said.

Discord cleared his throat, “Um Amethyst?”

“Yes Grandpa Discord?” Cozy Glow said.

“I would like to talk to Norman alone okay?” Discord said.

Great, I thought, pigs are going to fly next? Although Discord can make that happen so I wouldn’t put it past him.

“I watched that fight between you and Jasper today," Discord said.

“Keeping tabs on me now?” I said.

“Oh no,” said Discord, “it’s nothing like that. I just wanted to see if you would figure out when to quit. And you did bravo!”

“And your point?” I said.

“The point I’m trying to make,” said Discord, “in the heat of battle you need to learn when to retreat and when to keep going. Your sister Betty, didn’t figure that out at all.”

I laughed, “Well, the bad temper does run in the family.”