• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 303 Views, 27 Comments

Operation Exquisite Corpse - The Red Parade



An exquisite corpse story written by members of the My Little Reviews and Feedback Discord server!

  • ...
6
 27
 303

Chapter Nine (Light Heart101)

Derpy felt heavy-hearted as she had to leave her daughter behind. She clutched Twilight’s package as she was flying as fast as she could to Canterlot, remembering Twilight’s warning.

When you’re flying to Canterlot… don’t turn around. You might be scared of what you see.

What did that mean? What could be following her? What was that shadowy being she saw in the distance?

Derpy shook her head as she kept going, not wanting to think about any of that. Her mission right now was to deliver her package as quickly as she could.

Just get it to Celestia! Take the package to Celestia, and get home as fast as possible!” she thought to herself as she just wanted this delivery to be done and over with. No crashing, no messing up.

As she was darting over the forest, she heard a soft voice behind her. “Mom? Is that you? Help me!”

Derpy’s eyes widened as she turned her head towards the voice. “Ditzy?”

She couldn’t see anything behind her, no matter how hard she looked. As she was trying to understand what she heard, she forgot to focus on keeping her balance, her biggest mistake when flying. Derpy yelped as she made contact with the trees, tumbling and getting wacked by branches until she landed on the ground with a hard thud.

“OW! My wing! Not again.” Derpy groaned as she slowly got up. It didn’t feel like anything was broken, but she definitely felt the pain in the wing she landed on. It would easily take a few minutes for her to recover from that fall.

Sadly, she didn’t have a few minutes.

Derpy heard those faint whispers again as the shadows from the trees began to darken and grow, nearing the pegasus. Derpy’s heart began racing as she remembered Twilight’s warning.

Sweet Celestia… I messed up!” Derpy thought as she hugged the package, watching helplessly as the shadows were nearing her. She knew that this was going to be it. Her dumb mistake was possibly going to cost her life. “Ditzy… I’m so sorry!!!”

As Derpy was waiting for the shadow to do whatever it was about to do to her, she saw a bright light hit the mysterious void, causing it to give of an unearthly hissing sound and retreat.

Derpy quickly turned around and saw one of her oldest friends, Bon-Bon, dressed in a dark hat and trenchcoat. She was holding some kind of strange weapon in her hooves. It was long and had a trigger, as if to fire something, but there was no hole in the barrel of the weapon, but a glowing light emitting off of it.

“B… Bon-Bon?”

The mare extended her hoof to Derpy as she gave her a stern look. “Follow me Derpy. These things don’t travel alone.”

“I… I don’t understand… what happened?” Derpy asked as Bon-Bon started dragging her through the woods.

“Do you still have the package?” the agent asked her sternly, clearly taking this seriously.

“Um… yes?” Derpy said as she held the package out to her. “W… what is it? Why are you here?”

“I’m not allowed to say. My job is to try and hold back the threat while you get to Canterlot.”

“Bon-Bon! Please! Why is this so important?”

Bon-Bon sighed as she turned to her friend. “Derpy, if you knew what it was, then it would have a greater edge to capturing you. Trust me. You don’t want to know,” Bon-Bon explained before the sound of soft whispers started nearing them again. “Derpy, no matter what happens, don’t look back. Focus on what’s in front of you,” Bon-Bon said as she readied her weapon.

“B… but what are…”

“Just get out of here! I won’t be behind you! Don’t stop for anything!” Bon-Bon barked as she shoved Derpy forward. “Now get out of here!”

Derpy quickly took flight again, hearing several blasts behind her as she kept flying for her life. She had no clue what that shadow was, but she knew that this package was clearly the most important thing right now.

Author's Note:

Written by Light Heart101