• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 303 Views, 27 Comments

Operation Exquisite Corpse - The Red Parade



An exquisite corpse story written by members of the My Little Reviews and Feedback Discord server!

  • ...
6
 27
 303

Prompts

Author's Note:

The first author was given two prompts to start with and asked to pick one to begin the story. Prompt One was selected.

Prompt One:

Lyra frowned as she glanced at the wall clock. 6:45. Bon Bon was almost an hour late. She sighed, pacing the room nervously and shaking her head. Something had to be wrong. When she glanced up, a flash of movement outside the window caught her eye.

Then, Lyra remembered something. The other morning, she swore she had seen a pony staring through the window at her. She brought it up with Bon Bon, who just shrugged and said that it was nothing.

But Bon Bon had been skittish all week. Something to do with the Monster Hunting Agency, apparently. She wouldn’t say what was going on, but Lyra could tell that she was nervous.

Could this all be connected? Lyra was sure of it. She grabbed her coat and headed for the door.

Prompt Two:

“What a lovely day,” Bon Bon said as she took a deep breath of the morning air.

Lyra nodded. “Weather team did a great job today.” She glanced upwards at the open skies. “Not a cloud in sight.”

Bon Bon smiled and pushed open the door to the grocery store. “Indeed. You can wait out here, this will only take a second.”

Lyra nodded and glanced up at the sky again. Suddenly, she heard shouting and turned around. A pony in a trench coat was galloping down the street. Before she could move, he crashed into her. “Outta my way!” he grumbled, shoving Lyra aside.

“Well that was rude!” hissed Lyra. As she stood up, her right hoof nudged something. On the ground was a brown package, addressed to some house in Manehattan.

Lyra regarded the package carefully. “... I wonder what that was all about?”