• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 23,133 Views, 2,971 Comments

Cuatro - Dirty Bit



How can one feel empty in a world full of friends?

  • ...
67
 2,971
 23,133

PreviousChapters Next
Capitulo Cuarenta y Uno

Capitulo Cuarenta ya Uno

Revelations

The group stood dumbfounded at Twilight's statement, and Rainbow Dash spoke up "No fooling? YOU'RE gonna do the spell?" She said as she pointed at Twilight.

Twilight nodded "That's right. Princess Celestia taught it to me so we would have a better shot at making sure Cuatro wouldn't disregard us! It's sure to work!"

Applejack smiled "Well, that's good news! Why don't we go look fer 'im an' see if he's wantin' t' do it right now?"

Rarity nodded "I agree. It's getting late and we all need our rest won't we? Best to get it over with knowing tomorrow's plans."

Pinkie smiled "Let's go! I wanna see what happens when Twilight works her magic!"

Twilight giggled "I think he might still be in Luna's room. Let's go find him!" She said as the group made for Luna's chamber through the hallways and the stairs.

When they reached the doors to Luna's chambers, Pinkie quickly trotted in place with excitement, squealing with joy "This is gonna be so great!" She hissed with barely-contained mirth. What stopped her prancing was a faint sound that reached her ears "Huh? What's that?" Pinkie turned to the door and blinked "I hear something in Luna's room!" She approached and laid an ear on the door, and confirmed it to be the sound of bedsprings constantly moving up and down "Huh...Something's going on in there with Luna's bed..." She said to her friends with a curious eye.

Twilight's ears perked up "I hear it, too. Cuatro and Luna must still be inside." And then it hit her: Cuatro and Luna are inside of her room, with the bed constantly moving up and down. When Twilight pictured what was going on, her eyes widened and her face turned crimson.

Rainbow Dash tilted her head at Twilight's reaction until she came to the same conclusion, widening her eyes as she blushed herself. Her wings raised slowly the more she heard the sound. It wasn't long until Rarity and Applejack caught on as well, their own cheeks flushing; Applejack covered her face with her hat and Rarity fanned herself with a hoof.

Fluttershy blinked, oblivious to her friends' reactions "What could be going on in Luna's bedroom?" Rarity trotted over to the timid pegasus and whispered in her ear. Fluttershy's eyes widened, and her wingspan flung out as her face became red as a cherry "Oh...my..." She uttered awkwardly.

Spike scratched his head "Why's everypony blushing? Aren't they just jumping on the bed?"

Pinkie arched an eyebrow "I'm with you, Spike-o! There's nothing embarrassing about jumping on the bed!"

"Isn't this fun, Sir Cuatro?"

They all turned to the doors to hear Luna's voice muffled behind it. Pinkie grinned "See? They're having fun on the bed! Simple as that!" The other mares tried not to facehoof over Pinkie's response.

Twilight looked away while biting her lower lip "Maybe we'll give him some more time...Let's just go somewhere else for now." She said as the others agreed, following her.

Applejack nodded "Y-Yeah...He earned this, Ah guess..." She said as she looked back with a wince.

Spike followed along with a quizzical glance "Why are we leaving Cuatro now? Can't we just give him his memories back now? What's the holdup?"

Twilight didn't face Spike as she trotted "I'll tell you when you're older..." She said in a flat tone as they left from Luna's doors.
_____

Luna smiled in bliss as she was on the bed with Cuatro "Well? Is this not the finest bed that thou would have the pleasure of jumping on?" She said as the bedsprings moved up and down with their rhythm.

Cuatro jumped on the bed with Luna "Forgive me, Luna, but I cannot see the enjoyment behind jumping on your bed when we are both capable of flight..."

Luna giggled "Tis the feel of the royal bed when bouncing off of it that makes it the best experience, Sir Cuatro! It is most enjoyable indeed!" Luna proclaimed while she jumped up and down.

"Admittedly the feeling of bouncing on this bed is enjoyable, but it surprises me that this came to mind after our moment on the balcony..." Cuatro stated while he continued to jump. While the idea was random, he wasn't against pleasing his princess.

Luna ceased her jumping and hopped off of the bed "We only wished to share the texture of our bed with thee? Is that so wrong?" She said with a small and insincere pout.

Cuatro hopped off as well "I wouldn't say so, but what if somepony were listening in on us doing this?"

Luna stared, then perked up before she looked away with a sheepish smile "Oh, of course..." She muttered awkwardly before facing Cuatro again "Well, not that we would pry on the matter, but when will thou be willing to regain thy memories, Sir Cuatro?" She asked curiously.

Cuatro stared at Luna, then looked down "I'm not sure...My friends seem more eager about it than I do. Perhaps they're very curious about who I once was before I came to know them..."

Luna frowned "Thou knoweth that is one reason beneath the true intention..."

Cuatro looked away "Yes...I know..." He stated in a withered tone.

Luna tilted her head "Thou art very hesitant about this occasion. Were the discoveries in thine dreams too much to handle?"

Cuatro shook his head "I don't know if I want to go back...I've grown used to my new life...My new name, my new friends, and you..." He looked into Luna's eyes "Had I not faced the confrontations during my time with you all, I would possibly cast my past aside and enjoy the new memories thoroughly..."

Luna smiled "We know..." The two shared a small embrace "Even if thou art hesitant about reclaiming thy memories, we do not think any different of thee, Moon Shield..." She said as she nuzzled up to Cuatro.

Cuatro nuzzled back with his eyes closed "Thank you very much for your words, Luna...You may be a princess and the one who controls the moon, but you'll always be more than a friend to me..."

Luna smiled and broke the embrace briefly to lay a small kiss on Cuatro's lips "We think the same of thee."

Cuatro enjoyed staring into Luna's eyes, but then realized that perhaps it wouldn't be right to hold out on getting his memories back. Perhaps he needed to face them now that he was able to get them back and not be hindered by what was seen in his dreams. He looked at the door "I'm going to find my friends now...I believe I should go through with this small trial since it is inevitable..."

Luna nodded "And we shalt wait for thee to return here."

Cuatro looked back at Luna "You're not coming?"

Luna shook her head with a smile "We want this to be a surprise. Mind you, thou still promised to smile for us once thine memories return..." She said with a teasing smirk "We shalt wait for thee to meet with us once the spell is done."

Cuatro stared at Luna, then nodded "Very well, I hope to see you soon..." He said as he opened the doors and trotted outside. Luna figured he would trot out at a vigorous pace, but he stopped at the threshold, not even facing her "Luna..." She stared at Cuatro with an inquisitive glance while he stood "If I don't come back...find me..." He said in a serious tone before trotting out into the halls.

Luna watched him leave and shut the doors, then lightly sighed to herself as she went to her bed and made it before laying down for the moment, thinking about what Cuatro may act like when he remembers himself.
_____

Cuatro trotted through the halls in search of his friends, wondering where they could possibly be.

"Perhaps if I looked into the guest rooms?"

Before he could turn back, Cuatro heard the faint sounds of his friends near the castle's vestibule. He decided to trot over and saw them all conversing at the main floor. Cuatro trotted down the stairs while the others were engrossed with their conversation "Hello, everypony. I was looking for you all." They all were startled by Cuatro's words, and they stared back at him. An awkward silence filled the room "Is there something wrong?" Cuatro asked as he looked at his friends.

Twilight frantically shook her head "N-No! Nothing's wrong! Nothing of the sort!" She said with an awkward grin.

Rarity grinned in the same fashion "Don't worry about us, darling! We were just talking about you is all." Fltutershy looked away, fidgeting her hooves while her face was as red as a cherry.

Rainbow Dash looked at her friends, then back at Cuatro "So, what brings you here?" She flinched "I-I mean, ignore that! We were looking for you!"

Cuatro blinked at Rainbow Dash's quick response and spoke "I see...Well, I was only jumping on the bed with Luna. She wished to show me how her bed was fun to bounce on..." Applejack sighed in relief, and the others except Pinkie and Spike followed suit.

Spike smirked "I knew it the whole time! I dunno what everypony was thinking when we heard you back there!" Everypony but Cuatro and Pinkie widened their eyes after Spike's words.

Pinkie waved a hoof "Oh, but enough about that! We WERE looking for you, Cuaty!" She zipped up to Twilight and pointed a hoof at her with a grin "Princess Celestia taught Twilight how to use the memory spell, and we wanted to know if you were ready to do it!"

Cuatro stared at his friends, then nodded "Then we've reached a common goal. I came to you all to ask if you wished to join me for the procedure, but I suppose there has been a slight change."

Rainbow Dash looked around "Wait a minute. How come Luna's not here with you? I figure she would've wanted to see this with us!"

Cuatro held up a hoof "She wished to remain in her room. Luna wanted to be surprised by what I know..."

Twilight smiled "I guess she's missing out for the moment." She then looked into Cuatro's eyes "So, Cuatro...Are you ready?" She asked in a serious tone.

Cuatro stared, then took a deep breath "Yes...I'm ready. Begin the spell while I remain still..." The group stood and watched intently at what was about to commence.

Twilight nodded and took a deep breath of her own "Okay...Here we go..." She said as she focused her horn and made it glow with a magic aura. Cuatro closed his eyes and ducked his head down so that Twilight would be able to meet his head. When her horn touched Cuatro's forehead, the spell began, and Twilight mustered all of her focus to see the spell through. As she performed the spell, several blurs of images passed through her mind; there were creatures that didn't appear to be like ponies, and a majority of them held blades in their hands; pure destructive energy was seen being used to cause massive explosions; A skeletal beast was seen roaring and charging a beam from its long horns; the last image seen was a lady with orange hair who looked sad while her arm was stretched out.

Feeling that she was almost done, Twilight continued with the spell, and her magic wrapped around Cuatro, causing his eyes to open and glow a white light. Afterwards, there was a brief flash before the magic subsided, and Twilight drew herself back as she rubbed her temple with a forehoof "Oh wow...That was heavy. I could barely make out what I've seen through the spell..." Twilight muttered in a daze. Fluttershy and Spike approached and comforted her in case she were to fall over.

Rainbow Dash pointed a hoof "Everypony! Look at Cuatro!" The group did what was said and examined their friend, who currently had his head hung down. Everypony gathered around the strange alicorn and waited for a response, pondering if Twilight was successful in utilizing her memory spell.
_____

The darkness had lifted; his mind was no longer in flux. He remained silent while recovering from the minor shock provided from whatever had brought him to his senses. When he felt that he was in a better condition of health, he raised his head and looked ahead at the many sets of eyes that laid on him, waiting for a reaction.

Seven of them, all of which were unfamiliar in his time. But what was familiar was what he had been through before all of this.

He remembered his orders from his superior; he remembered all of the minor roadblocks he had faced throughout his servitude, including the girl who filled his mind with curiousity and the boy who had refused to properly end his life; he remembered what he had discovered while he faded into oblivion.

He remembered everything.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Just a little something to keep you all occupied as I keep churning these chapters. I hope you don't mind this input of comedy :rainbowlaugh:

So it begins...What will happen now?

FIGHT-I mean, stay tuned! :derpytongue2:

Enjoy the chapter, y'all! Peace! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next