• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 23,133 Views, 2,971 Comments

Cuatro - Dirty Bit



How can one feel empty in a world full of friends?

  • ...
67
 2,971
 23,133

PreviousChapters Next
Capitulo Treinta y Uno

Capitulo Treinta y Uno

Dance

Cuatro and Luna strolled around in the halls by themselves as they enjoyed their own quality time. Cuatro wished to try and confess now, but remembered something as important to bring up to his friend "Luna, about the last time we socialized together..."

Luna stopped to looked over at Cuatro "What about our last moment of leisure, Sir Cuatro?" She asked curiously.

Cuatro looked away with a faint blush "When we parted ways, I acted inappropriately, and I must apologize for it..."

Luna blinked "What dost thou speaketh of-" She caught herself as she remembered how they ended their time the other day "Oh..." Luna perked up in realization "Oh!" She then giggled "Sir Cuatro, tis nothing to apologize for on thy part! It is not so much thine fault as it is our own!"

Cuatro looked back as his blush faded "Huh? But I-" He nearly flinched when Luna placed a hoof on his shoulder.

Luna gave Cuatro a reassuring smile "Fret not about the past. If anything, we enjoyed the time that we've spent with thee."

Cuatro stared into Luna's eyes and finally nodded "Alright..."

Luna tilted her head "We can never really understand why thou art so hesitant when we address thee, Sir Cuatro...Is something on thy mind?"

Cuatro looked at Luna "Yes, actually...You see, this is something that I have thought about for the longest time..." He paused, wondering if it was even appropriate to confess his love in the middle of a hall.

"...I must make this special for her..."

Cuatro looked away "Before I speak, could there be a better place to converse rather than the hall?"

Luna stared at Cuatro before looking over at a large pair of doors nearby, smiling at what was behind it. She turned to Cuatro "We're merely a hoof's inch away from the ballroom. Would that suffice?"

Cuatro nodded "Of course..." The two alicorns reached the doors and opened them to reveal a vacant, but enchanting ballroom that held vast columns and a statue of an alicorn wearing a gown. Cuatro looked around and admired the ballroom's scenery.

"Perfect...Now is the time to make my confession known..."

He went to speak, but Luna cut in before he could give the first word "We see that thou art pleased with the display of architecture." She said with a smile "Surely, thou must enjoy a good dance every now and then!"

Cuatro stared before he shook his head "Actually, I do not favor dancing..."

Luna frowned "Dost thou speak the truth?"

Cuatro nodded "I've tried once at my welcome party, but it was a deplorable display of movement...I'm not the best dancer..."

Luna gave a light huff "Tis a lie! Thou art an alicorn, Sir Cuatro; A pony gifted with grace in movement! Clearly, thou give thyself nary much credit!"

Cuatro looked away "You flatter me, Luna. But I truthfully am no dancer..."

Luna stared before she smiled "Then could we perhaps see a demonstration of thy movement for ourself?" Cuatro looked back at Luna "We wish to see if our judgement is in good standing! Would thou like to dance for us?"

Cuatro sighed "Forgive me, Luna, but I cannot oblige to your request..."

Luna frowned at her friend's answer "Not even if we say please?"

Cuatro felt bad to deny Luna the chance to see him dance, but in his mind, it was for the best.; the strange alicorn would rather not have the one he loves observe him performing a dance in poor form "I'm afraid not...I'm sorry..."

Luna stared at Cuatro for a moment, before a mischievous smile crept onto her face. She narrowed her eyes "Sir Cuatro, we command thee to dance!" She stated in a firm tone.

Cuatro perked up and looked at Luna as she stood with her expression.

"Is she...taking advantage of her status as a princess?"

He stared at Luna while she waited patiently for him to comply "Well? Would thou disobey a direct command from your princess?" She asked in an inquisitive tone. Cuatro flinched and decided to listen to Luna. He took a step onto the dance floor, but was stopped by a midnight blue hoof. The strange alicorn looked over at Luna, who held a different smile "Not alone..."

Cuatro stared at Luna; how both her stare and smile nearly drove his inner focus to ruin "You mean...?"

Luna took a step towards Cuatro, her smile unchanged "Sir Cuatro...Would thou do the honor of dancing with your princess?" She held out a hoof "For a short time?"

At that moment, Cuatro had to muster most of his incredible strength to maintain his composure after hearing those words. He was given the opportunity to dance with the most beautiful mare he had met in his life when he did not favor doing so in the past. He stared before carefully taking Luna's hoof with one of his own and bowing his head while closing his eyes "I shall comply to your order, Princess Luna..." He looked to see Luna take her hoof away.

Luna chuckled "We've told thee before, Sir Cuatro, to call us Luna. Now come, so that we may see just where thy judgement lies in dancing..." The two alicorns trotted onto the dance floor; Luna held a playful smile while Cuatro advanced with a lump in his throat.

"...It will be an endeavor to try and dance again...And with Luna, of all ponies..."

When they reached the center, they looked into each other's eyes, and Luna's smile widened "Should we lead since thou art reluctant to do so?"

Cuatro felt that he should at least aspire to impress Luna "No...It wouldn't be fair to have you do all of the work..."

Luna arched an eyebrow with an impressed smile "Assertive in thy task, art thou? We've never expected this from thee, Sir Cuatro..."

Cuatro fought the urge to cave in under Luna's quip and continued "You commanded me to dance with you, and it is only best that I carry out your order in the best fashion..."

Luna stared at Cuatro and nodded to him, giving him the cue to begin the dance. Cuatro took a step forward, to which Luna took a step back. Upon seeing this, he decided to take another step and see that his partner had taken another step back.

"Perhaps this is how most ponies dance..."

Cuatro took some steps back and watched how Luna approached him with an amused expression on her face. He decided to perform some sidesteps, to which Luna mirrored with relative ease as she kept her eyes on him. Cuatro stared back as he danced with Luna, and felt a warmth in his heart while he gazed into her dazzling eyes.

"...I've never felt this way before...It's not just love..."

He began to circle around Luna in his movement, and she responded by doing the same. They twirled around the dance floor with deft movement; Cuatro actually managed to keep up with his partner with each step he took. What he did not expect was Luna ending the twirling session to stand parallel to his left and sidestep with him; they stepped to the right for a moment before switching back to the left.

"It seems I'm not trying hard enough with my dancing..."

Cuatro continued sidestepping with Luna until he felt the need to turn and face her again to where they stepped back and forth. They locked eyes with their own respective expressions while dancing; Luna's was one of carefree bliss, whereas Cuatro's remained unchanged. Despite this, however, it would seem that the strange alicorn was enjoying this experience as time passed by.

His enjoyment soared entirely when Luna approached him and gently leaned her head under his chin while dancing. Cuatro had to restrain himself from blushing furiously and shaking tremorously from Luna's contact. In fact, he carefully rested his head over Luna's as they danced closely. The feeling of Luna's starry mane caressing against Cuatro's cheeks felt utterly divine.

The warmth in Cuatro's heart spread throughout the rest of his body while he maintained his deft movement. This was one moment he imagined whenever he thought about Luna.

Feeling that the building sensation of dancing with Luna had given him the much-needed drive, Cuatro found his voice while they danced "Luna...I believe now is the opportune moment to speak to you..."

Luna replied without looking at Cuatro "Art thou referring to thine earlier thoughts?"

Cuatro nodded "Yes...I've only discovered this recently, and I wish to make it known to you and see how you react to what I have to say..."

Luna gave a soft smile while she danced with her partner, then broke the embrace they shared as she stared intently into his eyes "Then speak, Moon Shield; share thy thoughts with us."

Cuatro managed not to be swayed by Luna's smile and continued "Luna, ever since I first met you...I was surprised by both your appearance and how you were able to control the moon that I am fond of gazing at in the night..."

"And?" Luna asked, wishing for Cuatro to continue.

Cuatro tried to look into Luna's eyes without feeling pressured despite dancing with her "The time that we've spent together, no matter how short it was, was perhaps one of the best moments I've experienced despite my memory loss...How I was able to meet with you and be considered a friend...And it was only the day before that I have finally come to understand why I act so differently around you in terms of speech and movement..." Cuatro decided to stop his dance so he could make his confession as coherent and special as possible.

The two alicorns stopped and stared into each others' eyes. After Cuatro hesitated in his moment of pause, he concluded his feelings "Luna...I-...I lo-"

"Cuatro! There you are!"

Cuatro and Luna looked over at the ballroom's entrance to see Twilight smiling at them. Luna smiled back while Cuatro harbored the strange feeling of wanting to smack Twilight. The lavender bookworm trotted up to the two and tilted her head "You two seem silent. I didn't interrupt anything, did I?" The strange feeling inside of Cuatro grew worse after her question.

Luna chuckled "Well, Sir Cuatro was about to tell us something important before thou chose to grace us with thy presence, Twilight Sparkle. May we ask why thou art showing up like this?"

Twilight scratched her head with an awkward chuckle "Sorry..." She then smiled "I actually came by to let Cuatro know that I was done speaking with Princess Celestia!" She looked over at her pale friend, and her brightened mood slightly wavered 'I just hope Cuatro won't put himself through anymore danger...'

Luna nodded "Ah, so thou art wishing to depart so soon?" She looked at Cuatro "Could thou perhaps share with us thy thoughts before thine departure, Sir Cuatro?"

Cuatro stared back at Luna smiling, then looked down. Something about Twilight's interruption ruined the mood for Cuatro's confession...

"This was unexpected..."

He looked back up "Perhaps I'll share it with you the next time we meet..."

Luna gave a small pout "How disappointing..." She felt Cuatro's anxiety and laughed "Fret not, Sir Cuatro! We understand thy current frustration! Thou can confide to us at a later time, preferably in the near future." She said with a warm smile.

Twilight switched her gaze between the two alicorns and frowned "Did I miss something?"

Luna's smile took a mischievous turn as she spoke "Only that thy friend lied about himself being a horrible dancer." She narrowed her eyes at Cuatro "We expect an apology from thee, Moon Shield!" Cuatro flinched and went to bow, but stopped when Luna placed a hoof on his chest while laughing "Sir Cuatro, thou art so adept at amusing us!"

Twilight tried not to laugh after witnessing Luna's small trick. On the inside, she was curious as to what Cuatro wanted to say to Luna before she somehow interrupted them.

Luna approached Cuatro and gave him a small hug "We thank thee for dancing with us, Sir Cuatro. We hope to see thee again very soon!"

Cuatro enjoyed the embrace as he replied "I shall...Count on it..."

Luna broke the embrace and smiled up at Cuatro "We shall hold thee to it then."

Twilight watched the two alicorns and was moved at the scene 'Oh, Cuatro...' She then decided it was time to go "Come on, 'Sir Cuatro'" She spoke Luna's nickname in a teasing tone "It's about time we get going!"

Cuatro nodded to Twilight "Understood..."

Luna held up a hoof "We shalt travel with both of thee in the hopes of seeing our sister in the halls. We wish to return to her." The trio departed from the ballroom and made for the castle's vestibule.

While they trotted in the halls, Cuatro stole a glance at Luna and her serene eyes while she looked ahead. He felt deterred by the interruption, but he knew that there could be a better time to confess his love to Luna.

"When the time comes...I hope you can understand my feelings, Luna..."

Twilight thought to herself on how to better approach any future situation that could trigger Cuatro's tendency to black out in a fight 'If we're lucky, we won't be met with anymore dragons...Then there's the possible danger that lurks within the Everfree Forest. I could go with him...But if I'm too busy, I should ask if anypony is willing to travel with Cuatro to keep him occupied and level-minded with each trip depending on the day...' She was willing to do whatever it takes to ignore the Elements of Harmony as a last resort for handling Cuatro.

They reached the castle's vestibule where the trio wished to part ways, and Celestia was found on the floor next to the staircase leading to the castle entrance. Luna approached her sister and stared "We see that thou chose to leave the throne room, Tia. Was it to pursue Twilight Sparkle, or was it for other matters?"

Celestia gazed on the trio of ponies "A little of both actually. There is something I wish to ask of my faithful student..."

Twilight took a few steps forward, nervous as to what the princess would ask of her like this "What can I do to help you, Princess? Does it involve royal business?"

Celestia shook her head "Not exactly, Twilight..." She looked down at her student with an intent gaze "...I wish to have Cuatro stay at the castle for a little longer..."

To be continued...

Author's Note:

...Well, she IS Celestia's student... :trollestia:

About the last chapter, I couldn't help but noticed a good number of you give so many answers to my hypothetical question. I was beginning to think some of you began to take it seriously :rainbowlaugh:

Also, I hope you enjoyed the music placement for when Cuatro and Luna were dancing. It was pretty hard to decide on what to go with to suit the mood; my choice boiled down to either this or Octavia's Secret by SimGretina. Hopefully, some of you readers are a fan of the game of the music I chose for this chapter. I know I am :raritywink:

Anyways, enjoy this chapter while I try to catch up on other stories. Peace! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next