• Published 10th Jul 2020
  • 895 Views, 26 Comments

Love Crusaders - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A tale of the CMC learning about coltfriends and finding them.

  • ...
2
 26
 895

ScootaWeight or is it FeatherLoo

Scootaloo sat at the Sugar Cube Corner looking out of place as she sat against the wall watching the door for Featherweight to arrive. "Are you ready to make an order?" Pumpkin said popping into the seat from across from her. Scootaloo looked away from the front door to the filly.

"No not yet, sorry I'm on a date and I don't really know what my date would want, and it looks like it's going to be a bust to be honest." She sighed.

"No don't say that," Pumpkin jumped up catching Scootaloo by surprise. "I'm sure that their just running late, who is it?" she asked.

"Featherweight," she answered turning her gaze back to the door. "I mean maybe I miss read the signals."

"Oh Feather, no he's totally into you, but it's going to take him a while to get here." She pulled out a planner. Scootaloo raised an eyebrow looking back to the filly. "Let's see. According to Aunty Pinky's Planner, Featherweight likes strawberry milkshakes, he's also got editorial meetings on Saturdays."

"Well that explains why he's a little late." Scootaloo nodded. "Does it say when he gets out?"

"Well," she flipped through the planner. "Yes, he's out now but it's on the other side of town." Scootaloo nodded.

"Okay, I'll go ahead and order then. Two strawberry milkshakes." Pumpkin nodded and hurried off back to the kitchen. A few minutes later Featherweight came running into Sugarcube Corner, panting from his sprint to get there. "Hey, over here." Scootaloo waved him over.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to keep you waiting." Featherweight hurried over to her just as Pound Cake brought over their two strawberry milkshakes. "The editorial meeting for the Ponyville Paper went longer than expected."

"No problem. I wasn't waiting for to long." She took her milkshake and passed him his. "What were you all talking about that put you over?" she asked trying. He took a long sip of his milkshake before looking back up to her.

"Well some of our articles are going to be source checked to see if we qualify for a ponitzer prize." He took another sip from his milkshake.

"Uh neat, isn't that the big one that they do at Canterlot?" He nodded. "Cool, what is it for?"

"Oh well it's nothing, just a few articles that I did on my free time." Scootaloo took a sip from her milkshake and waved with her hoof for him to continue. "Well basically there was the article that I did on the Palace of the Two Sisters, and the one I did on timberwolves, mostly they'll be for journalistic photography." Scootaloo raised an eyebrow swallowing she wiped her mouth.

"You mean that you went out into the Everfree and got pictures of the ruined palace, and timberwolves? Wow, that's kind of cool?" Featherweight's eyes lit up at that and his cheeks became almost as red as their milkshakes.

"Yeah really you think so?" he asked with a grin.

"Uh, yeah. I mean it's like there are a lot of ponies in Ponyville that will even go into the Everfree, let alone to the ruins, or to take pictures of timberwolves."

"Well it's all in a days work." He smiled then jumped a second. "Oh right I almost forgot." He pulled out two tickets. "You weren't sure what you wanted to do, so I thought about it and got these I hope you don't mind." He put the two tickets on the table for her to see. Scootaloo's eyes widened at the two Wonderbolt tickets.

"Really you got these? I thought that they were sold out."

"Yeah the public passes sold out pretty fast. But these are VIP tickets." He smiled as Scootaloo picked up one of the tickets.

"VIP, how'd you get them?"

"Well I'm in the press, and Rainbow Dash and Soarin were more than happy to help me out with getting you one," Featherweight said. "But we need to get to the stage in a couple of hours." Scootaloo nodded and in one go finished the rest of her milkshake.

"Well then let's get going!" The two headed out.

"They forgot to pay." Pound said as they rushed out.

"It's fine put it on my tap they look so cute!" Pumpkin shushed her brother.

"Aunt Pinkie's right you are a meddler."

***

The two of them barely made it to the stage that had been set up between Ponyville and Cloudsdale. Scootaloo was panting as she leaned against her scooter's handle bars. "Are you okay?" Featherweight asked putting a hoof on her shoulder.

"Yeah. I haven't pushed myself that hard since I tried to get the Cutie Mark Crusaders to the Crystal Empire," she answered. "Though I really thought I was in better shape than that."

"Are you kidding you were doing at least 80." Featherweight offered her a shoulder to lean on as she got off her scooter and using him to hold herself up the two of them made their way to the VIP line. They flashed their tickets and headed in.

"Awww. Stairs. I don't think I have it in me to go up stairs."

"It's all good." Featherweight manuvered to get underneath her and hefted her up.

"Woah-hey."

"Do you want to walk up the stairs or not?" Featherweight smiled over his shoulder at her.

"Onwards and upwards." She pointed to the top. "But as soon as we get there put me down okay?"

"Yeah, okay." He smiled heading up the stairs without to much of an issue.

"You're actually pretty strong Featherweight," Scootaloo said sounding surprised; that the once stick legged colt was not just able to lift her, and carry her on his back, but to actually do it while taking her up several flights of stairs. Then again he hadn't been small or stick legged for a long time. He was still a bit thinner than colts his age but he was also a good bit taller too. She looked away actually feeling a growing blush.

When they got to the top floor. Featherweight got down and let her get down. "There you go." He smiled as she got down. Scootaloo noticed the small blush that he had as well.

"Thanks." She said sitting down in the private room. The show was just beginning to start. "Hey mind if I ask you a question?" she asked, as he sat down next to her. She cast him a wary glance and he nodded.

"Sure. Shoot."

"When Rumble took us out clubbing a couple of weeks ago. Well was it date? Are you into me?" She looked away from the Wonderbolt show, and gave him her undivided attention. He shifted nervously in his seat as he locked eyes with her. His blush quickly growing across his face.

"I mean I wanted it to be a date I just didn't have the nerve to ask you." He gulped. "So no it wasn't really a date. And yeah, I'm into you." She smiled and turned her attention back to the show. But leaned up against him.

"You should have worked up the gumption to ask me. It would have made the night a bit funner." she said. "Balls in your court." She nuzzled up against him a bit as she watched as Rainbow Dash and Soarin lead the Wonderbolts in a series of high flying routines. She knew each one by heart. She'd seen her honorary sister and brother-in-law preform them thousands of times at practice. Still she grinned like a filly with each maneuver. Her grin grew into a smile as Featherweight put a wing around her.

"Your turn." he whispered in her ear as they watched the show. The show ended after several hours and ponies began to trail out of the arena. They waited there in the private viewing room alone for sometime until the arena was empty before Scootaloo got up.

"Say want to go out on the field and help me with some stunts?" She smiled to him and grabbed her scooter.

"Are we allowed down there?" To answer him she shrugged.

"I mean they're done using it, but if you want to ask for permission. I don't think Sis would say no." Featherweight nodded and stood up. Scootaloo headed down the stairs. "I was thinking if you don't mind pulling me and my scooter to help me get up to speed. I bet that I could score some serious air time, and pull of tricks that are normally a royal pain in the ass to do."

"So I just need to drag you behind me on your scooter?" he asked as they made their way down the now mostly abandoned halls of the stadium. "I mean sure I can do that." They made their way toward the offices of the Wonderbolt team. The laughing and joking of the team got louder and louder as they got close to the door. Scootaloo opened the door and headed in Featherweight following close behind her, though not as confident as she was, not even the press was normally allowed in places like this.

"Hey Scoot. Who's the colt you got?" one of the Wonderbolts asked.

"He's Featherweight. We're on a date, and we're just here to get premission to use the track," she answered. The room broke out into small whoops and cheers as when she mentioned the date.

"Your sis's in the showers, getting a scrub down from Soarin. I'm sure she wouldn't mind." A different Wonderbolt tossed her a key ring. "When you're done you and him can come in and use the showers before you head off. Have fun."

"Thanks, Jet Stream." Scootaloo caught the keys and headed back out. "It sounds like the team liked the idea of me dating." She cast a glance to Featherweight. "So what do you like about me?" she asked.

"Well I mean your fun, exciting. You never stay down, and you really help ponies. What's not to like." Featherweight's cheeks were red again with a strong blush. Scootaloo's own cheeks were turning red too.

"Thanks." She stopped for a second as she unlocked the door heading to the track. "Say after this Featherweight want go to my place, have a beer, maybe watch some shows?" She opened the door and natural sunlight filled the hall that the two of them were standing in. Scootaloo could have swore that it looked like Featherweight had a halo around him. The two of them head out onto the tracks, and Scootaloo got on her scooter. Featherweight came back with a harness and rope.

"Think these'll work for what we need?" He asked showing her.

"Yeah, those should do the trick." The two of them took some time getting him rigged up to her scooter, and then she got on. "Ready when you are Feather." She pulled her goggles over her eyes.

"Three." He flared out his wings. "Two." He kicked back some dirt. "One." He bolted as hard as he could, with his wings pounding for as much lift as he could get. Scootaloo's cheers behind him driving him to go faster as he approached the ramp of dirt. At the last second he pulled up, and pulled the rope releasing it from his harness. Scootaloo went flying past him just a few seconds later.

"Yeah!" She cheered doing a 720 and backflip as she hit her zenith. She reached for the clouds that seemed to be just barely out of reach. She didn't even notice several flashes as Featherweight took several pictures of her in the air. She dove down her wings beating hard as she hit the ramp going down momentum carried her around the track. She did several other tricks for each subsequent ramp of dirt. She smiled as she skid to a stop in front of her stallion. "What did you think?" she asked with a smirk.

"I think that that was front page news." Featherweight smiled and showed her the pictures. "Those were some of the best stunts I've ever seen you do."

"I'm just getting warmed up. Get the harness back on and I'll show you some real tricks." She couldn't remember the last time her heart raced to do tricks like it was now. They spent the next three two hours doing tricks, and the sun was starting to set in the sky as they headed back inside. Scootaloo locking the door behind them before heading back to the showers. "Thanks for that." She leaned up against him. "That was more fun than I've head in a long time."

The showers were empty when they arrived the Wonderbolts had already headed home or to after parties. The two of them made their way into the locker room. "So which way to the stallion's showers."

"Stallion showers, the Wonderbolts use a Co-Ed showers." Scootaloo gave him a playful smile. "Besides, I'll need help with my back, and I can help you with yours." To his credit Featherweight's blush was barely noticeable now, and her returned the same playful smile.

"Sure." He put a wing around her and the two walked to the shower. Scootaloo turned on the water. It came out in a deluge, already warm and quickly becoming steaming. They both sighed contently as the hot water ran over the two of them. She smiled and turn around and put her hooves around his body putting her lips to his. He was was taken a bit by surprise, but quickly composed himself and returned the gesture. He could feel her heart racing as she pushed herself up against him. With a smile she pulled back.

"Well why stop there?" she asked her coy smile only growing.

"How far do you want to take this?" Feather asked all nervousness now replaced by excitement.

"Let's start with all the way and see how things evolve from there. What do y-" He pulled her up against himself, his wings wrapping around her. It was the best and most exhilarating shower she'd ever had. After they finished they lay on the floor of the shower. The hot water washed over them for minutes.

After a quarter hour Featherweight stood up off of Scootaloo. He gave her a small kiss. "Are you ready to head home?" he asked her.

"Y-yeah." She smiled at him a soft glow on her face. "Though after that I'm not sure I'll be able to use my scooter. Or even use me legs for a while." He smiled down at her before helping her onto his back, and heading outside. She took a deep breath in closing her eyes contently. The next thing she knew she was being laid down on a fluffy white cloud. He flew it up and then headed back to Ponyville.

"Wake up." Scootaloo opened her eyes again. "We're at your place." She looked over the cloud they were on was level with her bedroom window.

"Can you stay here with me tonight?" she asked sleepily. "Sleep with me out here on this cloud?"

"Sure." He smiled laying down next to her. She pulled herself as close to him as she could resting her cheek against his shoulder. She closed her eyes as his wings wrapped around her like a blanket. In minutes she was asleep. Her soft breathing being the lullaby that lulled Featherweight to sleep only moments later.