• Published 10th Jul 2020
  • 892 Views, 26 Comments

Love Crusaders - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A tale of the CMC learning about coltfriends and finding them.

  • ...
2
 26
 892

AppleTaps or is it TenderBloom

Apple Bloom sighed as she put a tan hat on, she then took it off and looked through her bows again, before again trying the hat on. Sweetie Belle had just told her and Scootaloo about her date, with Button. Apparently she just got back from spending the morning at his place. Apple Bloom had expected that to happen, they'd been friends for years now. Heck they were already a couple in everything but name at that point anyways. She, however, wasn't sure what to expect. Her and Tender Taps had been friends for a while, but it wasn't like she knew him like Sweetie knew Button.

"Ah for Pete's sake." She took her hat off and started pacing looking back at herself in the mirror. "This is ridiculous." She grabbed her hat. "I'm wearing this, that's final," she declared then looked back at her mirror, and hesitated. "No, hat come on now Apple Bloom you ain't no foal that needs to get others to dress you up. You look good. I look good in my hat." She nodded to herself in the mirror and headed out of the house. The smell of the apple blossoms were coming in from the orchard. She was set to meet up with Tender Taps in town, and that was alright by her. She wasn't interested in Pound and Pumpkin trying to play match maker with her and him so she opted to meet him at the train station. They were going to go clubbing in Canterlot for the night. She'd even managed to scored them a good hotel so if they got to wasted they could sleep it off.

Her mind started wandering as she walked down the road to the train station. He'd been a shy pony when she'd met him and he still kind of was, but he'd mostly gotten over that when she'd helped him earn his cutie mark. They'd been a couple of other times. He'd even taught her to dance a bit. At least she wouldn't wipe out the entire dance floor anymore. She felt her cheeks getting a little flush as she thought about it. He'd taught her a couple of slow dances along with his more energetic dances. Well she'd be using everything she'd learned about dancing she knew quite a few clubs, and a couple of more quite places for them to visit if they weren't to wasted before then.

She didn't even notice that she was at the train station until she heard her name being called. "Apple Bloom hey what's up?" Tender Taps waved from one of the tables at the hey fry cart. "What's up?" He smiled as she walked over to him. "Nice hat."

"Thanks." Apple Bloom smiled and sat down. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting for to long I couldn't figure out whether I should go with the hat or one of my ribbons."

"Hat definitely." Tender passed her a thing of fries. "And nope I only managed to make the order and sit down before I saw you coming up the platform."

"That's good, I was afraid that I'd have kept you waiting while I tried to figure it out." She sighed and took a hoofful of fries. "This date thing has me a little frazzled.

"It's all good it's our first date, I thought that I was going to be late so I hurried here." He ate a couple of his hey fries. "So, are you finally going to tell me where we're heading. I'm still in the dark here."

"Yeah. We're heading out to Canterlot to go clubbing." She smiled. "I also found us a couple of places that you'd like to go dancing at. The first place we're hitting is the Royal Waltz." She smiled as his eyes widened. "And the last place is the Lower Canterlot Dance Hall. Mostly because their open later than even most of the clubs."

"Wait won't we have to catch the last train?"

"Nope, also already taken care of I got us a hotel room." If she noticed his small blush she didn't say anything. "Was there anything else that you were thinking about doing while were in Canterlot?"

"Well I mean if we're going to be there the whole weekend, could we see one of the weekly recitals? We'd miss it today but we could catch it tomorrow." He finished his small thing of hay fries and reached for another only to be disappointed at the empty bag.

"Sure." Apple Bloom smiled. "Say Ahh." When he opened his mouth she put a couple of hay fries in form him. His orange coat was barely able to cover his blush as he chewed and swallowed her gifted fries. He was about to say something but whatever it was it was drowned out by the loud call of the train whistle. "Alright it's here let's hurry up. Next stop, First Date all aboard!" Apple Bloom cheered with a bit of a blush at her own silliness as she made her way on to the train. Tender Taps followed close behind her.

The two of them sat side by side as the train rolled along the tracks heading to Canterlot. Apple Bloom was capitalizing on the time they were spending close together, and was resting her head on his shoulder. Tender Taps softly stroked her mane as she got a couple of hours of extra sleep before their long night would begin. Tender Taps tried to steal a couple of hours of sleep but his stomach was in knots. He took a deep breath and let it out, and just occupied himself with stroking his napping fillyfriends mane.

The train ride was an uneventful one. While he didn't get any actual sleep, by the time the train arrived at the Canterlot station he was fully revived and ready for their night of partying, dancing, drinking, and fun. Apple Bloom woke up with the whistle with a small yawn she gave him a gentle nuzzle before heading to the platform.

"Alright ready for a night of fun?"

"You better believe it." Tender Taps nodded. "You said that the first stop was the Royal Waltz right?"

"Yeah. I just need to find a map to it."

"No need." He smiled. "I've known where the Royal Waltz was since I got my cutie mark. I've been there several times with the other colts of the dance class." He led her off of the platform, and down the cobble streets of Canterlot. "Where are we heading after that?"

"The Wub," Apple Bloom said with a smile. "Vinyl Scratch is going to be there tonight, and she's going to be throwing a party that would make Pinkie and Cheese Sandwich jealous. Then there's the Zebra's Stripes, and the Neon Lantern," she answered as he lead her down the streets. "But I mean we'll probably have time for a good supper before then, and if were going to more than one club we're going to need a good meal so we're not black out drunk before the night even begins."

"Do you have any places that you were planning on getting food at?" Tender Taps asked as they neared the first stop of the date.

"No not really. I mean I know that there was a place that Rarity and Pinkie Pie helped, Tasty Treat. I was thinking that maybe we could go there."

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea." He stopped, "Well here we are the Royal Waltz. The only bar in Canterlot that uses both the tradition and the contemporary." He smiled looking at a very ornately decorated building in front of them.

"Uh, is there a dress code for this place?" Apple Bloom asked unsure. "I didn't read that there was."

"No there's not a dress code, it's fine." He smiled leading her into the club. "But yeah it does look like there'd be one doesn't it?" The inside of the building had tiles all around the perimeter with steps heading down to the dance floor. There was a constant beat coming from the speakers of a Techno-waltz. On the opposite side was a full liquor bar. The bartender smiled and waived them over.

"Hey there Taps. I wasn't expecting to see you back so soon." The stallion smiled, and gave Apple Bloom a look over. "So this is the mare that the others keep teasing you about. Finally worked up the nerve to go out with her good for you."

"Well she asked me out." The bar tender laughed.

"Well you need something to cure that indecisiveness, and I got a cure to get your colt some gumption." He started mixing therm a drink. "First drink of the night is one the house." After mixing a couple of things he filled two triangle drinking glasses and gave each of them an orange slice on the side.

"First drink of my first date," Apple Bloom toasted and took a gulp. "Wooooooo!" She shook her head. "That's a lot stronger than Apple Cider."

"Yep. It's this bar's signature drink." Tender Taps started drinking the mixed liquor and occasionally licking the orange slice until he finished and ate the orange slice. By that time Apple Bloom had finished hers, though all her other sips had been exactly that only sips. "Thanks for the drinks." He smiled to the bartender before turning back to Apple Bloom. "Do you want to dance?"

"Yeah!" She nodded eagerly, as Tender Taps swept her off the stool and spinning her into the waltzing position. "Woah," she said as she was spun into the normal waltzing position. She'd gotten better since she first tried dancing with others. She and Tender Taps had spent many of their afternoons practicing the ballroom dances, and while she wouldn't be a dancer, she wasn't knocking out her dance partners anymore either. She let him take the lead as she was guided by him to the dance floor. "You sure know how to sweep a mare off her hooves don't ya?" she asked leaning against his shoulder.

"Well that's what's my cutie mark is for after all." He slowed his pace down as they got to the middle of the dance floor. A couple of other groups started arriving as they danced, and by the time they left they had had a couple of extra drinks, and had worked up a bit of sweat. As they walked out of their first stop of the night the sun was already beginning to set on the horizon. "I'll let you take the lead this time. I don't know how to get to the restaurant that you were wanting to go to."

"Not a problem." Apple Bloom leaned against him. She wasn't drunk, not close, she just loved physical contact while she was our clubbing, and with him right now. She was feeling extra touchy today. She smiled as she slowly lead him down the streets, until they arrived at the Tasty Treat. The warm light of the restaurant, shinning out into the late fall Canterlot night, was just as inviting to the two of them as the exotic and rich smell of the spices that made this restaurant famous through out Canterlot.

As they Tender Taps opened the door the two of them were greeted with the warm glow and comfortable feel of the cozy restaurant. "My aren't you two a cute couple." Saffron ushered them in. The restaurant looked like it had just finished the dinner rush. "We have a table for you right over her." The took a seat on the plush cushions Tender Taps sitting against the wall and Apple Bloom sitting next to him. She handed them the menu.

"Actually could we get the Rare Pie Special?" Apple Bloom asked with a sheepish smile.

"You know Rarity and Pinkie Pie?" Saffron asked with a raised eye brow.

"Yeah." Apple Bloom nodded. "Apple Jack's my sister. I was told about this place by her. And I was just wondering if we could have the special."

"Of course. I'm happy to help." She smiled. "I'll be back in just a bit." She headed to the kitchen leaving the two of them. Apple Bloom returned to resting her up against Tender Taps. He nuzzled her.

"So how's the date going so far?" he asked as he supported her.

"It's been going wonderfully," she answered. "I didn't think that there'd be a place like that last one." She said. "And I never can under stand how slow dancing works up such a sweat." A few minutes later they were brought a large meal.

"Here you two go." Saffron smiled as she put it down a tray down on the table it had ten bowls on it, with beans, vegetables, rices, and sauces. with flat bread in the middle. She put to large glasses of water on the table. "Just let me know if there's anything else that you'll want." She left and the two of them began eating, and after finishing they paid their bill and headed out.

They arrived at The Wub, at a little after 9. After only ten minutes standing in the line they were let in. They grabbed a quick drink from the dive bar. Inside Vinyl Scratch was DJing at her best. The strobe lights were flashing all around the dance floor that was constantly changing colors. The clubbing ponies on the dance floor were jumping up and down to the beat that DJ Pon-3 was giving them. After having their beer the two of them joined the jumping, dancing, cheering crowd. They left there with smiles on their faces as they headed further into Canterlot's club district. Stopping at every club along the way.

The two of them arrived at the Zebra's Stripes at 11. When they got through the line they found that this bar used a lot of loud traditional Zebra music Mixed with a heavy beat and base. Instead of the multicolored lights used at The Wub, the Zebra's Stripes used White lights and a pitch black room. Smoke machines were on the dance floor covering it in a mist. After grabbing a Boukha cocktail from the bartender they stayed on the dance floor until half an hour after Midnight.

From there they made their way to the final stop of the night. The Neon Lantern lived up to it's name even the rope to hold back the line were glowing in neon colors. When the made it into the building it was awash with neon oranges and pinks. The bar was lined with neon greens and blues. And the dance floor was pulsating with every bright color in the spectrum. They grabbed something a bit lighter at the bar already filling just a bit tipsy and joined the dance floor. Cheering and jumping with the rest of the Club's patrons, and party ponies. It was 2 in the morning when they left the Neon Lantern and headed to their hotel.

With their hearts still racing they arrived at their hotel. Heading up to their room they turned on the lights and lay down on the bed. "That was amazing." Apple Bloom smiled. "I haven't had so much fun clubbing in a long time." She took her hat off and tossed it on to the bedside table. Looking over to Tender Taps was smiling and nodding. "Well, what'd you think?" She asked.

"I think it was great." He grabbed her and rolled her on top of him wrapping both fore hooves around her he leaned up and gave the surprised mare a kiss. After a second Apple Bloom got into it, and returned the gesture, rolling onto her back and with him now on to of her he pulled away. "Good first date?" He asked looking down at the blushing mare.

"Yeah, but who said you could stop now?" She grabbed her hat and placed it on his head. She pulled him down into a quick kiss, her hooves going down his back.

***

"And anyways we made out for at least a good hour, after that. He's was just so amazing." Apple Bloom sighed contently recalling the events of her date to her two friends. Scootaloo was looking at Apple Bloom with a bit of shook. Sweetie Belle's whole face was red. She couldn't believe that her friend had told her all of that, and she felt conflicted about weather she'd heard to much or if she wanted to hear more.

"Great." Scootaloo said after a pause that lasted just a second to long. "Sweetie Belle is moving in with Button Mash, and in nine months Apple Bloom's going to be a mom and Tender Taps a dad. I thought the plan was that we were just suppose to date the colts to see if we like, were into them or not.

"Get your head out of the gutter, Scootaloo!" Apple Bloom threw the first pillow that she could find at her pegasus friend. "He and I just made out. That's all nothing more. We were tipsy and excited. Not drunk and dumb." She crossed her hooves slightly indignant. "We did a lot of kissing, a lot of feeling. Then we fell asleep. We weren't even hung over when we woke up we just did a lot of cuddling. It was nice. And I think me and him work like Zap Apples and Jam." She smiled.

"Well hurry up and ask him to move in with you and you can cuddle all the time. Just like Sweetie Belle and Button do." Scootaloo playfully threw the pillow back at her friend.

"Well what about you Scootaloo?" Sweetie Belle asked. "When are you going to ask Featherweight out on a date?"

"Yeah Scoot's it's easy for you to give us all this joshing about what we do with our colt friends, don't you think it's about time that you see if you and Featherweight will make a good match?"

"Well I was thinking about just that. And I'm going to ask him out on a date this week." She leaned back in her chair opposite her two friends. "I'm just not sure if we're going to work out or not. I mean. Ehh. I don't even know what he's into."

"Well he's the editor of the Ponyville Paper isn't he?"

"Yeah but I mean I don't even read the newspaper. I don't know."

"I'm sure you will think of something." She shrugged. "I just don't know if we have anything in common or not. You two will help me brain storm ideas tomorrow right."

"Sure we'll help you." Sweetie Belle nodded

"Yeah Scoot's we'll give you a helping hoof."

"Great thanks girls see you tomorrow then."