• Published 10th Jul 2020
  • 894 Views, 26 Comments

Love Crusaders - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A tale of the CMC learning about coltfriends and finding them.

  • ...
2
 26
 894

SweetieMash or is it ButtonBelle

Sweetie Belle arrived at Sugar Cube Corner early, and looked out the window as Pound and Pumpkin worked on filling her order. The colt and filly seemed to have assimilated Pinkie's strange ways of doing things. As she waited she wondered how her sister and Orange knew that they were right for each other. She'd probably ask Orange when she visited them next time. Given how much her sister played things like that up. "Here you go, you okay Ms. Belle?" Pumpkin Cake asked as she put two vanilla malts on the table.

"Not much, just waiting for Button Mash."

"Uh-huh?" She said. "So you finally making the moves on him?" She gave Sweetie Belle a wry smile.

"Wh-what aren't you to young to be asking things like that?" Pumpkin's smile only grew as Sweetie Belle's cheeks began to redden with a growing blush.

"Well we do work in one of the most frequented places in Ponyville for dates." Pumpkin smirked. "And to be honest me and my brother have been wondering when you two would stop pretending to be 'just friends'. If you need any help to set the mood just caw like a crow. Or just wink at us, we're totally routing for you." Pumpkin hurried back over to her register, and started talking to her brother. Sweetie Belle groaned.

Has the entire town been thinking this kind of stuff behind my back? She wondered when the bell rang as a brown colt with a propeller hat came in. He smiled and hurried over to Sweetie Belle. "Hey Button." She smiled her blush coming back.

"Hey Sweetie Belle." He smiled and sat down opposite her. "What's up are you okay? Your cheeks are red you aren't sick are you?" he asked concerned.

"What no, I-I'm fine. Just a little flustered." she said trying to will her blush to go away. Come on Sweetie Belle this is going to be exactly like every other time you've had malts with him. She tried to pump herself up. Button looked at the vanilla malt. "So, wanna race?" She smiled.

"No, let's take it slow." He smiled at her. "Races are for casuals. And this is a date right?"

"Ah-a date who said it was a date?"

"You did?" Button said, and pulled out the letter she had passed to him during class.

"Did I put date, I mean it doesn't have to be a date if you don't want it to be a date." Pumpkin audibally face hoofed. "Not that I don't want it to be a date or anythingjustthatifyoudon'tthenI'm" Button cut her with a soft boop to her nose.

"A date sounds nice," he answered her with a smile. "And maybe after we've finished our malts, we can go back to my place."

"Oh right you moved out of your mom's place a little while ago didn't you?" Sweetie asked taking a long sip of her malt from her straw. Button Mash shrugged as he did likewise. The first pull from the straw was always the most difficult as you tried to get the soft ice cream to go up the straw.

"Well," he said swallowing a mouthful of his milkshake. "It's not really my own place, and my brother and I still need help from mom and dad occasionally but we make due." He smiled as he and Sweetie took smaller sips from their straws. "I'd really like for you to come over. I've got a ton of old retro 8-bit games that I'd love to play with you. Some of them are super rare."

"That sounds nice." She smiled and took another sip from her malt. "Could we take a nice stroll through the park before we head back to your place though?" she asked. "I mean I'd really like to take a nice walk in the moon and star light. Just like in that movie the Crusaders and I saw last week."

"Hmm. What was it, and was it a good movie." Button asked now about half way through with his milkshake.

"Yeah it was really, really good." She smiled. "Or at least I think so, Apple and Scoots said that it was trying to hard to be romantic that it made them both gag." Sweetie Belle sighed. "Some times I don't understand them."

"Hmm. It's that new one that just came out right?" he asked. "Yeah my mom went to see it with my dad last week. I'm all for a stroll in the park, but from what my dad told me about that movie, I think I'm going to side with Apple and Scoots. But if you want to watch it, I guess we could do that too?" Sweetie shook her head.

"No. I know you not really a big fan of the romantic stuff and if it was to much for Apple Bloom then I really don't think that you'd like it all that much." She took another sip from her straw only then realizing that she had finished her vanilla milkshake. Button soon finished his milkshake and smiled.

"Ready for that walk Sweetie Belle?" Button pushed his milkshake aside. "I know this really neat place in the park I wanted to show you." His smile got bigger as he got up. "It's kind of a family secret."

"A family secret?" Sweetie asked as she got up with him.

"Yeah." He took her hoof and hurried out the door.

"They're such a cute couple." Pumpkin sighed.

"You really should stop reading those romance books sis they're starting to mess with your head."

"Drop it Bird Brain, I'll read what I want." She stuck her tongue out playfully as she grabbed the cups, and watched the two of them hurry off to the Ponyville park. Button took her around the corner and they came into the park through a small clearing in the bushes. He led her around several trees and bushes before arriving at the gravel path that went all throughout the Ponyville park.

"So, where's this family secret?" Sweetie Belle asked. "Cause I've been all over this park, dozens of times, and I've never really seen anything out of the ordinary."

“That’s because it’s really, really well hidden," Button said as he and Sweetie Belle walked down the gravel path of the park. The lights were just starting to come on, as they passed. The sun began to sink beneath the horizon painting the world in a lavender light. The sky to the east was slowly starting to darken and the night birds began to sing.

“This is nice.” Sweetie Belle’s hair blew back in the breeze.

“Yeah.” Button looked sighed as the evening breeze spun the propeller of his signature cap. He cast a glance at her as they walked down the path as her coat caught the last beams of sunlight. He blushed and turned his sight back to the path. “So uh, that movie you watched, do you think that it’s out on NetFlanks?” he asked.

“I mean maybe.” She gave him a sideways glance as the setting sun’s lavender light shone around him. Making him stand out in starker contrast to the greens of the park plants. She blushed, but didn’t turn away. He had a lot more muscle now that he was a young stallion than when they were just kids. And he had grown into a remarkably well fit earth pony despite his near obsession with video games.

“Well I mean after I show you my newest finds. What to watch it again with me. I mean if you liked it then it must have something to it right.” He looked over at her and they locked eyes for a couple of seconds, making her whole face turn slightly redder as the blush grew. The both slowed to a stop for a moment and moved closer to each other. A moment before their lips touched an owl hooted from somewhere in the park, and startled them both out of their small hypnosis. The both pulled back embarrassed. Sweetie rubbed her foreleg and Button rubbed the back of his head.

“Well, I wouldn’t mind seeing it again, especially if it’s with you.” She smiled. “What changed your mind; you didn’t seem that interested about it at the Sugar Cube Corner.”

“You seemed to like it, why shouldn’t we do it you know, and besides, I’ve never seen it. Maybe I’ll like it to. Never know if you never try,” he answered. “And besides even if I don’t like it you do, that should be enough right?” The found a small bench for two overlooking the small pond in the middle of the lake. He sat down. She sat down in his lap. Not a difficult thing for her to do given how lithe she was.

She wasn’t a fitness filly like her friend Scootaloo, she had no real muscles or abs, but she was constantly watching her figure, and while not exactly fit she didn't look sickly either. She leaned her head back her mane flowing over his shoulder. He wrapped a hoof around her and held her close as they watched the light dance on the water of the pond. Both of them blushing. Sweetie gulped steeling her nerves she turned her head to kiss him. Just as he was doing the same. The result was a short, impromptu, slightly awkward, but not unpleasant kiss on the lips. They pulled back quickly faces flush.

"I-ah-um-I'm sorry I didn't mean-" Sweetie began only to be cut off as Button guided her gaze back to him with a hoof and went in for another kiss. It was no less awkward neither of them having any experience when it came to something like this. She felt her heart flutter in her chest skipping a beat and then racing to make up for that missed beat. She could even feel his heart beat as she leaned back against him. After several seconds their brains were reminded that kissing was not the same as breathing. The two pulled back gasping for air. The blushes on their faces red as a tomato now. In the low light of dusk as the moon began to rise in the sky.

"I'm glad that you passed me that note in class today." He put both hooves around her. "I've been trying to work up the nerve to ask you out for a long time."

"Why didn't you?" she asked resting up against him. She placed her hooves over his.

"I mean, we were friends. We have been since we were in grammar school." He leaned down slightly to nuzzle her cheek. "I didn't know if I asked you and you said no, if that would make it hard for us to be even friends. I was comfortable with us being friends and I didn't want to risk that on the off chance of having this. I don't know if I would have no matter how much I wanted this." He kissed her on the cheek. "And trust me I really wanted this."

"I do too," she admitted.

"Honestly I was tempted to ask Rumble if he and his fillyfriend, if they'd give me a shot at a double date like they did for Featherweight." Button looked out into the pond the stars began to come out. "Until you passed me your note, so what made you change your mind?"

"Well." She said. "I just wanted to know if maybe, what we had was more." She looked him in the eyes. The soft night breeze blowing his propeller and his short spiky mane. The star light gleamed in his eyes.

"And?" he asked nervously. "Is it?"

"What do you think?"

"It is." He held her closer to him. She smiled and leaned over giving his cheek a small kiss. "You smell nice." He said as they sat there in the park over looking the pond.

"I borrowed some of rarity's perfume." She blushed as he noticed the pomegranate and vanilla aroma. "Do you like it?" she asked.

"Yeah it smells really good on you." He nuzzled her softly.

"This is a really nice secret spot." Sweetie looked over the pond.

"This isn't it. I just wanted to know for sure that you wanted us to be a thing." Button helped her back to her hooves as the two of them stood back up on the path. "What I'm about to show you is a special place for my family. You have to Pinkie Pie Promise to not tell anypony." Sweetie Belle nodded and preformed the solemn ritual. When she finished Button nodded. "Okay come on." He walked with her side by side down the path. After a few minutes Button moved off of the path. Sweetie followed after him. Button brought her to the base of a tree. "Here we are." He said proudly.

"Here?" Sweetie asked tilting her head. "A tree in the park?"

"The Family tree in the park." Button smiled. "My grand parents were founding members of Ponyville. And it was the Apple family's idea, so each of the founding families planted a tree and this one is ours." He smiled proudly as he looked up at it. "And there's another thing too." He walked around to the other side Sweetie followed him. Carved into the tree were several hearts with letters caved into them. 'B+SI" was at the top under it was 'G+CH', and under that was 'G+M'.

"Who are these?"

"My grandparents." Button pointed to the top. "Banjo and Soldering Iron." He moved down to the middle one. "My parents Cream Heart and Gadget." Then the one on the bottom. "My brother Gibson and Melody." He smiled and pulled out a small pocket knife. and carved a heart into the tree. "And now." He carved 'BM+SB'. "Me and you."

"That's so romantic." She smiled and hugged him.

"Now come on let's head back over to my place to see if that movie is on NetFlanks yet."

The two of them made their way out of the park and back to Button Mash's place that he shared with is brother. Button lay down on the couch, and Sweetie lay down next to him. He hugged her and pulled her close to him as she floated the remote up, and after a few minutes they found the movie. It was nearly midnight when it finished. Button picked Sweetie up and carried her to his bed the two cuddled up to each other as they drifted to sleep for the first time as a couple.

***

"And then we went to his place. after everything was finished." Sweetie said sitting on the couch in the CMC club house. "And tonight we're going to hang out at the arcade. And I've got Rarity's permission to crash at his place for the rest of the week." She squeaked with excitement.

"So," Scootaloo said with a mischievous smile. "Is he looking for a ring right now, or are you two going shopping for it later on today?" Sweetie's face became bright red. Before she could say anything Apple Bloom joined into the teasing.

"Oh come on Scoots that's a bit much I mean she's only moving in with him and sleeping with him in his bed." Sweetie grabbed a pillow on the couch and tossed it at her two friends.

"That's not funny it was a very sweet and innocent night!" Her blush only getting brighter.

"Sure Sweetie, whatever you say." Scootaloo sat next to her and put a hoof over her friends shoulder. "It was all just teasing in good fun. But seriously. When he puts a ring on it we want to be the first to know."

"Yeah, sure." Sweetie nodded. "So which of you two are going next?" She asked looking between the other two Crusaders. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom just looked between each other.

"Well," Scootaloo began with a shrug. "I mean I've been thinking about what Featherweight and I would enjoy doing together, and I'm still drawing up blanks. So unless the two of you are up with a serious brain storm session. I suggest that Apple Bloom give her colt a try."

"Well I mean I did have a really good idea about what Tender Taps and I could do this weekend." Apple Bloom said with a small blush.

"What?" the other two asked.

"I'll tell you two all about it when we get back to Ponyville cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye. But first I need to go and ask Tender Taps out on the date. I'll see you girls on Monday when I get back, if he says yes."

"He'll say yes." Scoots smirked. "If he wasn't so shy I'm sure he'd have already asked you out." The farm pony blushed a little bit as she headed out of the CMC club house. She galloped to the Ponyville dance hall, where she knew her friend would likely be practicing for his next recital.