• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 2,689 Views, 23 Comments

Dark Scales, Soft Stripes - MrPancakeMan



Drake has had a rough, street life. When he meets up with an oddball stranger instead of an old frie

  • ...
6
 23
 2,689

Chapter 4 - Extra - The camping trip

Chapter 4 - Extra - The camping trip

1 Month before lockup

Me and Daniel were walking down the path to a small clearing that would serve as our camping grounds. I was quiet for the most part, but Daniel wasn't. At least in his mind, that is. What was he thinking about? The answer to that was everything! But mostly his excitement about finally seeing his good friend Drake again, and being able to spend some together, screwing around for the most part.

We reached the camp site and I began to set up the tent. While Daniel set up the wood into a pyramid formation, supported by a small stone slab in the center to keep it elevated. He then lit and began tending to the fire.

"So, how long do you plan on being out here?" I ask to Daniel.

"As long as destiny requires our presence here." Daniel replied with his usual 'philosophical destiny' crap.

I chose to ignore his answer and continue setting up the tent. I know what you're thinking 'Didn't I just state he was jumping with joy to see me?', and the answer to that is yes, he just has an odd way of expressing it. When we finished setting up the camp, it was about noon, for we had taken the time to find some cliche logs to set up next to the campfire.

About 3 hours later of gorging ourselves on marshmallows we heard a rustling in the brush around us. A moment later, a pack of wolves stepped out, they didn't appear to be rabid, and Daniel confirmed that. But boy were they pissed, and hungry. Daniel directed me to back up along side him, slowly. As we did, they tread closer, which was a sign of a threat. We both drew our weapons. Me, a standard issue reed family rapier, him, a large blunt hunk of wood aka one of our seating logs. This is where I learned blunt weaponry. More so, all weaponry. So prepare for a lesson in more than self defense kids!

So the best place to strike is the head, we all know this, but as Daniel taught me there is a specific few locations on the head that are more vulnerable than others. You mainly wish to strike at the back of the head, where there is more vulnerable tissue. The most vulnerable place is at the base of the ear where there is little muscle to push through, so it's a clean trip to all of the head's nerves, and with a great enough blade, the brain.

And here we stand, after probably the coolest Man Vs. Beast battle ever, in the presence of at least 6 corpses, and 5 injured wolves limping away.

"We should bury them. It is only the right thing to do." Stated Daniel, in as calm a tone as always.

"That, and wont it help keep away higher predators?"

"Indeed it will! Good observation Drake." I prided the compliment as we went about our day graves-keeping.

---Later That Day---

"Well friend, you learned well today. Remember your experiences and you shall gain the mind to fight as a spartan warrior!"

These words I treasured for years to come, and go.

Author's Note:

Yay, new chapter! Finally after many months, I say f*ck the collab and let's make this an independent story that uses the same universe, but barren of other characters. Yay! Expect another base chapter later tonight.

Comments ( 6 )

2846335 This was my first story and it was last updated months ago. I'm going to get back to it soon but for now it's going to stay a mindfuck. Sorry :twilightsheepish:

2846355

Talking to your self op?

Oh and...pro tip: write this in someone's POV(point of view) instead of both..do it in either drakes point of view, daniels(heh thats my name) or as one of the mane six..seriously switching and not saying anything makes a cluster buck of your typing..

and pro tip: 'heh'= though

"potato" = chat

Why not make it

Thought = italic's

Chat: "words" or bold?

so pretty much:

"hello!"

*meh ive seen better*

(i have no idea how to format..)

2846389 When I get back to it I'm going to rewrite the entire damn story and make improvements as I go. For now though, I'm working on fixing up A Cubical World and am working on A Twisted Mind, Strewn About the Multiverse.

4328086 Sorry, haven't been on FiM in a while. Glad you like the story, but before I continue it I have to refurbish it. Rewrite a bit. Probably won't get to that until the Summer, sorry, but luckily that's soon. 20 Days or so. Glad you like the story, keep watch though for in case I update this early. This was my first story, so the writing's rather shit in my personal opinion. At least compared to what I should be able to do. :applejackunsure:

4355428 nooooooooooooo
oh well, back to binge gaming:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment