• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 2,691 Views, 23 Comments

Dark Scales, Soft Stripes - MrPancakeMan



Drake has had a rough, street life. When he meets up with an oddball stranger instead of an old frie

  • ...
6
 23
 2,691

Chapter 1 - Extra - The Dragon Scar

Chapter 1 – Extra – The Dragon Scar

I had just been tied up, and strapped into a steel folding chair carelessly. My entire body felt raw, as the ones doing the interrogation were not gentle in the least. I had chosen to say nothing, and for that I am paying the price.

I heard footsteps down the hall. I had heard those footsteps every time I ‘visited’ here. They were the footsteps of my brother, Mason. He wore a charcoal grey tuxedo, black hiking boots, and a necklace with an ornate ruby in the center. ‘Legend’ says that the gem he wears is made from the blood of those he has killed.

(All of which I knew was BS, but let the monkeys have their fun I say.)

“Ah, how good it is to see you again, brother!” Mason said with his trademark shit eating grin.

“Glad to see you too, Mason! And what may be the reason for kidnapping me, and beating the tar out of me today?” He scowled at this remark.

“For one, I told you to address me as Mr. Reed! And second, it’s rather important that I did this today, as I was delivered a message, to give to you.” My brother was currently the head of the family mob, so it’s no surprise he’s always the one to deliver my mail, which was delivered to him. He had then tossed a red letter into my lap.

The letter was addressed: To Drake, From Daniel.

I was taken aback to say the least. I had not seen my only true friend in such a long time, on account of my one and a half year sentence that my brother pinned me into. I was so surprised, and joyful, that I had tears in my eyes.

“Oh no, my poor baby brother is crying! Would you two gentlemen please ‘console’ him?”

With that, Mason walked out of the room, and a bucket of hot wax was brought in. They used a specially shaped dish to burn the image of that damned dragon onto my arm.



After my quest to seek medicinal help, and a week in the hospital, I found out I had third degree burns and that the Image would forever be scarred onto my arm.

When I finally got out of the hospital, I had opened the letter. It had his trademark dragon seal. Inside it read:

Dear Drake,

I’m happy to see that you have finally recovered! (And there he goes with his psychic crap again.) And am asking to meet you at the Canard Danse (Dancing Duck) restaurant to catch up, and discuss important matters. See you soon!
Sincerely, Daniel

He always was good with being formal. Even in pressuring situations. So I couldn’t tell how important he was speaking. This is the last thing I remember before heading to the restaurant to meet Daniel. And, oh how happy was I on that day!
At least until things started getting weird…

If you guys have been following my story (already) then you should know why I put this here. And if no one has noticed yet, this is my soon-to-be audition for the Chess Game of the Gods collab. Stay tuned, and happy reading!