• Published 17th Jun 2020
  • 917 Views, 24 Comments

Grogar meets the Cutie Mark Crusaders - LordCalamity



unexpected events lead to the Cutie Mark Crusaders meeting the emperor of monsters himself,Grogar

  • ...
2
 24
 917

Tricks and Schemes

Two days have passed since the Crusaders and Grogar has visited Tartarus to gather up some monsters to create an army. With the use of his Bewitching Bell, the sorcerer ram places the monsters in cages fitted for everyone of them in the deep caverns of his evil lair. He has taken the liberty of feeding them when they are hungry by materializing the appropriate food using his magic. Satisfied with his work, Grogar proceeds to walks over to the stone table to think of his next phase of his grand plan to rule Equestria.

"So, what now?" Scootaloo asks the old goat as she shrugs with her hooves. "What is the next part of your ultimate evil plan to take over Equestria? The sooner you get on with it, the sooner we can see you get your rear kicked by Twilight and the others." The young pegasus waited impatiently for Grogar to be stopped one way or another so that she can get home with her friends and family.

Grogar looks up at her in annoyed manner. "I'll get to that eventually." He answers Scootaloo. "Until then, why don't you spar with Sweetie Belle or Apple Bloom practicing your magic powers." He dismisses her with a wave of his right hoof. Scootaloo groaned and flew off to the direction of the room the Crusaders were training their new magical abilities.

Grogar looks at the orb on the table and stares into it to search for the alicorn princesses. An image appears on the orb reveals Princess Celestia and Princess Luna on their thrones looking out for the ponies in Canterlot. The old ram snorts as he glares at the sight of the princesses. At the moment he is trying to think of the perfect plan to get rid of them, only to be interrupted by somepony else.

"Hi Grogar!" Sweetie Belle cheerfully greets him with a smile. "Just wanted to say, thank you for teaching me and my friends your most powerful magic spells." She demonstrates by shooting a lightning bolt at a nearby rock and it was blasted to pieces. "Soooo...do you think you can teach me more spells. I'd like to see if I can summon monsters at will." Sweetie Belle was eager to learn magic from Grogar ever since she and her friends were captured and taken to his lair.

"In a moment Sweetie Belle." The old ram replied. "Why don't you practice your magic on Scootaloo at the training area. Perhaps you can fry her with your fire magic. Hehehehe.." He chortles at the thought of her getting hit by Sweetie's magic.

"Oh before I go, I want you to have something." Sweetie Belle uses her magic to materialize a piece of paper with a drawing depicting Grogar and the Cutie Mark Crusaders with happy faces drawn in crayon. "I hope you like it." The little unicorn gives him the drawing gleefully and trots away to the room Scootaloo went into.

Grogar raises his eyebrow in confusion as he looks at the drawing. At first he thinks the drawing is terrible, but the more he looks at it, the more puzzled he became. He furrowed his eyebrows and nods his head sideways then he puts away the drawing that was given to him. He needed a moment to clear his thoughts and focus on the task at hoof. He continues to gaze at the orb once again on how to deal with the princesses.

He then sees Apple Bloom approach to him at the stone table. The ram turns off the magic from the orb and turns his gaze at the young earth pony. "Grogar, can we talk for a moment?" She asks him curiously.

"Very well, since I am closer to my goal of ruling all of Equestria, I suppose we can talk for a moment." Grogar said.

Apple Bloom takes a seat on a chair and faces him with curiosity. "Why did ya want us to learn your magic in the first place?" She questions the old goat. "Don't get me wrong, having all these powers is cool. Ah just want to know why." Apple Bloom's thoughts are filled with concern with the magic given to her, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. What is exactly the purpose for them?

"I see that you are concerned on why I gave you the spells in the first place." Grogar answered her. "The reason is from what I have been told is that your sister and the rest of the Elements of Harmony has saved Equestria many times. I trained you and the other crusaders these spells.... so that you can destroy them." He grins evilly. "Besides, I don't see you or the other Cutie Mark Crusaders saving Equestria anytime soon." Grogar snickers at her.

This revelation shocked Apple Bloom as she has been told to eliminate her own sister and her friends. Her eyes widened in worry on why this is happening to her. "No, A-ah just can't do it. Ah don't want to hurt Applejack, or Twilight, or anypony else!" Apple Bloom said to the evil ram. "Ya can't make us do this even if ya taught us yer powerful magic! Me an the crusaders will not destroy our friends!" Apple Bloom called him out as she points her hoof to his face.

Grogar slams his left hoof on the table leaving cracks on it then angrily frowns at the filly. "I gave you those powers for a reason!" He snapped at the apple filly "Either you defeat Twilight Sparkle and her friends, or I'll destroy the three of you right now!" The wicked goat shouted. He snorts then he leans back on the table. "This conversation is done. Now leave my sight until I have a task for you." He dismisses her by showing her off to the training area.

Apple Bloom wanted to get mad at him for what he is forcing her, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo to do something awful to Twilight and the others. But, in doing so will activate her power to grow giant sized, so instead she had to calm down and gives him a determined glare as she goes to the room with her friends.

Grogar huffs as he is left alone to himself. "Finally, now I can have some peace and quiet." The old ram said to himself. "It won't be long until those girls become useful to me." Grogar sighs for a moment to think of his next phase of the plan while the Crusaders trained in the room to practice their magic powers.


Later that night, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were getting ready for bed in the room they shared. However, the fillies began to discuss about the situation Apple Bloom has told to her friends. "Are you serious? Grogar wants us to destroy our friends?" Sweetie Belle asks Apple Bloom. She responded by nodding her head which made the unicorn gasp in fear. Scootaloo heard her friend and bucked her bed in frustration only to wince that the bottom of the bed was made of stone.

"We gotta do something now!" Scootaloo spoke up. "Grogar is this closer from making his move to take over Equestria. I say we take the fight to him with our new powers!" She said pounding her hooves together.

"But Scootaloo, if we try to defy him, he'll destroy us and our friends." Apple Bloom responded sadly.

Scootaloo looks at her with a surprised expression. "So that's it? Are we just stuck serving this guy until he gets what he wants?" The young pegasus said to her.

"Grogar is this close to revealin his last part of his plans." Apple Bloom said. "If he shows us what is his ultimate plan is, then we can make our move to defeatin him."

"I don't want to wait!" Scootaloo angrily stares at Apple Bloom as electricity surges through her mane and tail.

"Well yer gonna hafta deal with it whether ya like it or not!" She said to her as she began increasing in size.

Before things got out of hoof, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo became encased in ice courtesy of Sweetie Belle. "Um hello! Don't I get a say in this?" Sweetie Belle said to them with a raised eyebrow. "Now, how about we calm down and think of some way to get out of this mess?" Using her magic she releases her friends from their ice prison. Apple Bloom shrinks to normal size while she and Scootaloo find themselves shivering after being frozen.

"S-Sorry S-Sweetie Belle. W-We w-were j-just having a d-disagreement." Scootaloo said as she wraps her hooves around herself from being cold.

"Y-Yeah w-we're s-sorry S-Sweetie B-Belle." Apple Bloom said to her friend.

"Good, now why don't we try to mess with Grogar? A little sabotage and setbacks will keep him busy." Sweetie Belle says. "If he is busy fixing those mistakes, then he'll be too busy thinking about taking over Equestria." The unicorn filly suggested to her friends. They find themselves to be unsure about this plan.

"Ah suppose we could pull off a couple ah distractions." Apple Bloom said. "Besides, as long as he is dealin with us he'll be to distracted to notice." She hopped onto her bed and lays down.

"Alright, we should rest up. I'm (yawn) tired." Scootaloo says as she rubs her eyes. The Crusaders find themselves sleeping on their own beds for the next morning. While the fillies are thinking of a way to stop the evil ram from achieving his goal.


The next morning came as the sun rises from the sky, the Cutie Mark Crusaders get themselves ready for the day. They each went their separate ways and into the different parts of the evil lair. During breakfast, they were eating their food when Apple Bloom thought of an idea. She figured it would be funny if she uses her thorn vines to appear on Grogar's plate. She concentrates the spell and thorn vines appears on the plate. Then without knowing Grogar bites down on the vines he was eating. He didn't even notice that he was even eating the thorn vines made by Apple Bloom. She was left disappointed and a giggle from Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie Belle was with Grogar as he feeds the monsters in the lair dungeon. She decided to open one of the cages to release a manticore. She lights up her horn and then zapped the creature on the rear causing it to growl and pounce out of the cage charging at the goat's direction. Grogar turns around and sees the manticore charging at him and uses his bell to levitate the beast and shove it back in the cage with a lock this time. He leers at the unicorn filly who just whistles innocently.

This time it was Scootaloo's turn to prank Grogar by creating rain clouds inside the lair to pour rain on him when he enters. Once the old ram arrives, the pegasus filly manipulates the weather by raining down on him. But what she found out that he was using his magic to create a barrier as a makeshift umbrella. "Oh come on!" She said as pounds the cloud in frustration only to get shocked by lightning from the cloud.

The three fillies were left to train using their powers to spar with each other as long as they don't hurt them too much. Apple Bloom uses her thorn vines to ensnare both Sweetie and Scootaloo while they were dodging and maneuvering around them. Sweetie Belle uses her horn to shoot fireballs at the other Crusaders. Scootaloo blows them away using a wind storm inside the lair then takes to the air to strike them with lightning bolts. They were holding their own against each other doing their best to use their magic to their own advantage.

Grogar walks in the room to watch their progress until he calls out to them. "That's enough! Practice is over." The ram called for the Crusaders. They cease their sparring session to greet the villainous goat. "I think it is time for you three to come with me to begin the final phase of the plan." The Cutie Mark Crusaders were anticipating the last part of Grogar's plan to be revealed to them and now they are ready for it. The fillies look to each other and nodded simultaneously.

"Alright! What is it?" Sweetie Belle said anxiously.

Grogar looks at them and sees that they are ready for his next part of his grand plan. "Tomorrow, we are going to a special place to put all the monsters you have gathered. I would suggest you rest up for the trip." Grogar said to the fillies. Tomorrow is the day the Crusaders need for his master plan to be revealed and very soon they will need to stop him once and for all. The Crusaders noticed that it was night time and they headed off to sleep in their room.

"Very soon, Equestria will fall and I will rise again!" Grogar grins evilly. The ancient ram can't wait for that day for when he defeats the Elements of Harmony and finally ruling all these lands.