• Published 17th Jun 2020
  • 917 Views, 24 Comments

Grogar meets the Cutie Mark Crusaders - LordCalamity



unexpected events lead to the Cutie Mark Crusaders meeting the emperor of monsters himself,Grogar

  • ...
2
 24
 917

Grogar the Mentor

Morning arrives as the light rays of the sun shine in the evil lair of the villain who has captured the Cutie Mark Crusaders for his nefarious plan to take over Equestria. The three fillies slowly awaken, rub their eyes, got out of the beds, and they take turns using the bathroom to prepare them for the day. Meanwhile, Grogar is busy making breakfast for the fillies on the stone table with a mysterious yellow orb. The Crusaders made their way to a large cavern area with rock formations forming stairs, surrounded with small pools of water, and a large stone table where the evil ram is waiting for them. He watches them approach the table with a nervous look except for Scootaloo who just leers at him.

"I see that you have awakened." Grogar said. He presents them with plates full of pancakes and fruits for each of them. "Eat first, then we will get started on the plan." The fillies, despite reluctant to eat they had no choice. They went and started eating the pancakes. "Now, I want to know how much Equestria has changed over the years in my abs-"

Sweetie Bell raised her hoof and responded, "do you have any syrup?"

Grogar looked at her direction then takes a pancake from her plate and disintegrates it with his magic. This made Sweetie frown and continued eating her breakfast. "As I was saying, I want to know what is Equestria like nowadays? Who rules these lands? I demand that you tell me." Grogar said with a sneer.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders explain to him in full detail about the events that have happened. Starting with the arrival of Nightmare Moon, Twilight Sparkle and her friends, Discord's release, the Crystal Empire, the fight against Tirek and etc. Eventually they finished by talking about the last fight against Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow in one final showdown. Grogar is impressed with this Twilight Sparkle and how she is able to defeat these villains with the aid of her friends. This proved to be problematic and much difficult on how he will get rid of them. As he thought about it, there are so many problems he will have to face, he needed a back up plan in case he fails to defeat the ponies, fortunately he has one.

"You won't be taking over Equestria anytime soon." Scootaloo said with confidence. "Twilight will stop you no matter how hard you try." a smug look appears on her face.

Grogar thought for a moment and then he got an idea. He looks at the crusaders with a sinister grin "But surely there is something I can help you out?" The three fillies look at him in confusion, just what is he planning? "I can help you with what is bothering you. You have been supporting the Elements of Harmony in the hopes they can defeat a powerful foe. If you let me teach you some spells you can be a helpful asset to their cause."

"Ya really want to teach us magic? But why? Me and Scootaloo are not unicorns, and Sweetie Belle barely knows a few of them spells." Apple Bloom questions the ancient goat.

"I can teach you all that I know." He said to the fillies "For example, I can help your pegasus friend fly and I can even teach an earth pony to use magic without the use of a unicorn horn." Scootaloo was tempted at the idea of being able to fly but she is still unsure about all of this. "How about it? Do you fillies want to learn magic?" Grogar asks.

The Crusaders huddled in a circle to discuss about this topic. They were presented at the idea of using magic while being taught by the most powerful magic user in Equestria history, second or third to ponies like Starswirl the bearded and the royal alicorn sisters and Twilight Sparkle. They were thinking very carefully until one of them spoke up.

"Just think, I'll be able to use magic like Twilight or Rarity really powerful magic." Sweetie Belle smiled at the thought of improving on her magical abilities to surpass even the most powerful of unicorns.

"You gotta be kidding me." Scootaloo was unamused. "This guy is probably gonna use us to do evil stuff. I am not on board with this!"

"Let's just go with it fer now Scootaloo." Apple Bloom assures her friend. "If we learn a few spells we might have a chance at stoppin him." Apple Bloom looks at Grogar who is just finishing his meal, then she looks to her friends with a smirk. "I think we should do it, and who knows maybe these spells won't be so bad after all."

"Fine, but only because I trust you Apple Bloom." Scootaloo said. The crusaders finish their group huddle and returned to the stone table. Grogar waits patiently for an answer from one of the fillies.

"Alright Grogar, we'll learn ya magic lessons but only if ya can sing." Apple Bloom said with a smirk. The other two fillies giggles at the thought of him singing.

"I will do no such thing!" Grogar shouted "Since you agree to learn my magic lessons, then lets get started." Grogar got up from the table and directs his attention to the crusaders. "Follow me outside where we will begin using magic, starting with you Sweetie Belle." The fillies wrap up their breakfast and they follow him to the outside of the cavern. He sighs "I will not be doing any singing." Grogar deadpanned.


They stand outside in an open area by the wasteland near the lair whereas Apple Bloom and Scootaloo stood by the sidelines, while Sweetie Belle was facing in front of Grogar preparing the magic lesson for all of them. "As you foals must know, that magic comes from all sorts of creatures and other objects of power. Even you ponies have a little magic within you that is waiting to be tapped into, an example would be the pegasi's ability to manipulate the weather or an earth pony's ability to harness the growth of plants. What I see is untapped potential, you three fillies have a sort of magical power waiting to be unlocked." Grogar explains the crusaders about the ponies magic.

"Are you sure I can do this?" Sweetie Belle asks "All I can do is levitate objects and put up a force field around myself." The unicorn filly demonstrated by lifting a rock and tossing it in Grogar's direction where it fell right next to him. She then use her magic to encase herself in a magical barrier, despite her using her magic, Grogar is unimpressed.

"Then what you need is to learn 'new' spells to help you fight." The old ram lights up his horns and shoots a small beam of magic at her. Sweetie manages to block the attack barely unscathed. "And if you want to be a better unicorn, then you'll have to learn from the most greatest and powerful sorcerer the world has ever seen." Grogar boasted.

"Hey Sweetie Belle! Are ya alright!" Apple Bloom called out to her in concern. Sweetie gets up from the ground and nods to her friends that she is fine.

"You jerk! What was that for?" Scootaloo shouted at the goat sorcerer in anger.

"It is only necessary to push Sweetie Belle past her own limits." He said. "Now let us focus, we must continue the lesson." Grogar shows the unicorn filly few of his spells to teach her.

The sorcerer goat shows the little unicorn how to fire magical beams by shooting at some boulders. The big rocks shatter upon the impact of the magical blasts leaving them into dust. He allows Sweetie to fire magic beams from her horn to destroy the rocks, they were not as strong as Grogar's beams but they destroyed the rocks into pieces. Next, Grogar showed her how to use her magic to levitate herself. She concentrated very hard until she was enveloped in her own magic, then she lifted off the ground by a few feet. So far the lessons seem to be going well for Sweetie as her friends are cheering her on in support.

The next lesson involved her using teleportation, it was a little tricky to pull of until the old goat showed her by using teleport to appear a few distances away. She light up her horn and concentrated and in a spark, she is able to teleport to her friends then she disappears then reappears in the lair and back to the training area. Sweetie Belle is happy to be able to use her magic more efficiently, she is able to teleport and shoot beams just like Twilight! The more she thought about it, Sweetie is beginning to wonder what sort of spells she could learn from Grogar.

"I think that should be enough training for now." The old ram said satisfied with the lesson. " Next is you Apple Bloom, we will begin with you next." Sweetie Belle trots over to join Scootaloo while Apple Bloom walks over to Grogar for her lesson.


"How ahm ah gonna learn magic, if ahm just an just an earth pony?" The filly asked him until Grogar envelops her in magical energy. Apple Bloom is feeling like the sensation of getting stronger as she is within the magic. The sorcerer ram does this for a few minutes until he stops the spell. Apple Bloom opens her eyes then takes a look at herself to see what has happened. "What did ya do to me?" she asked him in worry.

""I have given you a small portion of magic, enough to enhance your strength even further." He steps back and looks at her, ready to begin the next lesson. "I have also given a few tricks that will surely surprise the other ponies." He grins. "Lets begin with the first trick." He levitates a boulder much to the crusaders concern. "Try and break this large boulder with your bucking skills." He tosses the boulder to Apple Bloom's direction and in a reflex, she turns around and bucks the rock as hard as she can and within that moment, the boulder shatters into pieces. This not only surprised her but also Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle watching her by a distance away.

"Whoa!" shocked Sweetie.

"Yeah, whoa!" said Scootaloo.

"How in the hay did ah-" said Apple Bloom.

"I gave you a bit of magic to make you stronger, if you don't believe me then try and buck that tree over there." Grogar asked her as he points to a tree behind her. Apple Bloom walks over to the tree then turns around and uses her hind legs to buck the tree really hard. The tree breaks and falls on its side leaving the apple filly in amazement. "Next you have the power to create and manipulate thorn vines just by pressing your hoof to the ground." Apple Bloom wondered about this until she press the ground with her right hoof and that is when a vine with thorns grew out of the ground. She watches the vine in awe as she is able to control it using her mind, she uses it to pick up rocks and tossing them and wrapping the vine on the fallen tree branches. Apple Bloom raises her hoof off the ground and the vine disappears.

"What else ah can do?" She asks him.

"This is the last spell I have given you, the ability to shrink and grow to different sizes." He looks around and spots an orange. "Try to shrink to the size of this orange." Grogar instructed the apple filly.

Apple Bloom concentrates on the orange carefully thinking about becoming really small. Slowly without knowing how she did it but her body started to shrink smaller until she is about the size of the orange. "Hey ah did it! Ah did it!" Apple Bloom said in a high pitch voice. "But how do ah get big?"

"That is where it gets interesting." Grogar grinned "To activate the growth spell you must become angry, the rage will activate the spell and you will grow to the size of a giant." He instructs her to use the magic spell.

Apple Bloom tries to make herself angry, but nothing came up and she began to feel down. Scootaloo, wanting to help her friend thought of an Idea.

"Hey Apple Bloom!" Scootaloo shouted "Remember when we trusted Cozy Glow to be our friend but then she betrayed us and threatened to steal all magic from Equestria?"

Apple Bloom thought about what Scootaloo told her, how they made friends with Cozy Glow and all the times they helped her in the school of friendship. The Crusaders thought of her as their friend for a while until she locked them in a closet and began taking away all the magic from every pony and creatures everywhere. Just thinking about that made Apple Bloom really mad to the point her body began to grow bigger. She began to increase her size growing past the size of a tree, until she was the size of a building. She was still growling thinking about Cozy Glow until she stops to look around herself. She could see the lair that is small to her and then to Grogar and her friends seeming to be like ants at her height.

"WHOA THIS IS THE COOLEST THING AH'VE EVER DONE!" Apple Bloom shouted in a lower pitched voice. She take a few steps and the ground shakes due to her gigantic size, she jumps and land of the ground causing small earthquake to shake all over the land.

"Hey! Don't shake the ground!" Grogar called out to the giant filly. "You do not want me to take away this power if you managed to destroy my lair!"

She stops to look at his direction, "OOPS! SORRY!" Apple Bloom apologized sheepishly. The apple filly shrinks back down to her normal size right by her friend's height.

Grogar puts a hoof to his forehead and sighs to calm down "Now that you know how to use those spells, use them properly. Scootaloo! You are up next!" Apple Bloom walks away while Sweetie prompts Scootaloo to go to him. Scootaloo reluctantly trots over to the spot where the old goat is waiting.


"Alright, but let me make thing clear, once we are done with your little magic lesson, the Elements of Harmony with stop your evil plans." Scootaloo glared at him trying to put up a brave face.

"Heh, well see." Grogar chuckles to himself. "This lesson will involve all the traits of your pegasus abilities." He lights up his horns and envelops her in his magic for a few seconds, then the next thing she know her wings got a little bigger. She began to flap her wings and then she started to levitate and now she was airborne.

"What! Hey, look! I can fly!" Scootaloo shouted in excitement. "This is amazing! Thank You Grogar!" Scootaloo was flying all over in circles and to her friends this was truly something meaningful to her.

"Think nothing of it." Grogar said to her. "Because I am going to need you to perform a few spells for me. I have granted you the power to harness the weather, create tornadoes and you'll be able to perform your own sonic rainboom just like that Rainbow Dash you admire so much." Scootaloo was ecstatic to know that she can become like her idol despite not wanting to trust in a villain like Grogar, but she decided that this was an opportunity that she can accomplish with his help.

Scootaloo wasted no time doing loop de loops and performing aerial dives with her newly developed wings, she then tries some of the spells that Grogar has given her. She flies in a circle to create a tornado, it materializes and swirls around creating winds that blow away the air. The next spell involved the weather, she flies in to the sky up to the dark clouds. She grabs a cloud and she uses her magic to create water and shoots it at another cloud, next she creates lightning and electricity envelops her and strikes the tree with a bolt of thunder. Finally, her last spell involved her doing a sonic rainboom just like Rainbow Dash, this was easy for her since she knows the technique by heart. She flies up higher until she gets enough distance then she dives down to pick up a lot of speed. It increases faster,and faster, until the energy bursts in a large shockwave of red, lavender, and purple colors. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle back on the ground was amazed at the sonic boom their friend made.

Scooaloo flies back down to meet with her friends on the ground. "That..was..awesome." Scootaloo said as she lays of the ground exhausted. The Cutie Mark Crusaders talk to each other about their lesson's until Grogar walks up to them.

"This is only the beginning of your training, I would suggest you make the most of the next few days to control your new powers." He said to them. "Then we can work on a plan to take over Equestria.


The next couple of days was a montage of the crusaders working on their powers. Sweetie Belle at one point got a magic boost thanks to Grogar that she is able to use dark magic in addition to elemental magic. Apple Bloom was working on using her vines to attack and sweep across the floor, she is also working on her growing powers to tear open the ground with her hooves. Although at one point during night time she accidentally grew to the point she crushed her own bed. Scootaloo was keeping up her training flying in the air while controlling her weather powers, she can create ice and shoot beams of snow and she is able to harness the sun to create fire and release the energy fro her hooves.

Grogar watches the Cutie Mark Crusaders grinning evilly to know that his plan is going into fruition. The plot to take over Equestria is drawing nearer as the days go by. "Of course, they don't realize that I am merely using them for my own goal." Grogar whispers to himself as he touches his bell with his hoof. "Children are so innocent and naive that they are the ones truly vulnerable." He does sinister laugh as he leaves them for the next day.