• Published 19th Jun 2020
  • 371 Views, 2 Comments

Seasonal Fluff - Lotus Moon



Midnight Affection gets her seasonal fluff and Lotus loves it.

  • ...
1
 2
 371

Midnight's Fluff Woes

Midnight Affection was pacing around the ethereal rift wearing a baby blue hoodie. It was the beginnings of autumn and, like most ponies, seasonal fluff was growing in. Many wore their fluff proudly as is, some sheered it off, and others would groom it like they were lavish fur scarves exclusive to them. Midnight had noticed couples snuggling a lot and, of course, knew why. But for her, it wasn't something to be too happy about. She always dreaded her seasonal fluff because of how it came out. It wasn't in a bad way, but it was to her.

Finally tiring herself out a bit, she flopped down on a chaise and let out a heavy sigh. Lotus trotted out of her room and noticed her sister looking a bit frazzled. "What's up, Mid? You look kinda like me when I'm stressed about something."

"It's nothing, Lotus...I just...don't really like this time of year" Midnight shrugs.

"I don't either but that's because I don't like the cold. But why don't you? You never seem bothered by things before. Also...what's with the hoodie? It's not cold in here."

Midnight rubs her forearm as she looked away blushing. "Well..um...it's just a preference?"

Lotus raised an eyebrow. "Middy, that's not like you. I mean it doesn't seem to be. Plus I can tell when you're lying. What's really going on?"

Midnight sighed and unzipped her hoodie halfway, exposing her chest. Lotus tilted her head. "What's wrong? I don't see a pro-" She was cut off by a sudden "explosive pomf" of alabaster chest fluff. It was light and but also had a manageable thickness. It was also in the shape of a heart, almost similar to the bottom half of a Manticore's mane. Midnight looked away with a red face while Lotus was wide-eyed in awe. "Oh..my...Celestia....you have chest fluff~!"

"And this is why I don't like this time of year. I don't like my fluff. It looks like I have...well...fluffy heart-shaped breasts. And I get stared at." Poor Midnight was visibly shaking a bit. "Mystic hasn't even seen this yet and I practically lie my way out of any date with him because I don't want him to see it. What if he doesn't like it? Or just stares? I mean I don't see other Canterlot mares with chest fluff. So I'm just a crazy freak of nature and-"

Lotus, having been quiet the whole time, suddenly tackles Midnight with a hug and buried her face in the soft fluff. "Midnight, I love you and all...but there's one thing I must correct you on. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you having chest fluff." She looks up. "This fluff is nothing to be ashamed of. It adds to your already natural beautiful features. So what if those uppity snooty mares don't have fluff and stare at you. So what if those haughty stuck up stallions stare like the dogs they are. They don't matter because you have Mystic Night, and he is the only pony that should ever matter. Any pony else is staring at you is jealous of your beauty or wishing they could approach you without repercussions from their wives or marefriends. So in the grand scheme of things, you were blessed with this lovely seasonal fluff and have no need to hide it. It's unique only to you and, as far as I'm concerned, makes you more beautiful and elite than any Canterlot mare. Don't you dare, ever feel otherwise just because some snoot can't get off their high horse - so to speak - and have to make you feel bad to make themselves feel more superior."

Midnight blinked. "But...Caterlot is all about style and fashion and other stuff. I'm just a plain, boring unicorn who has abnormal fluff. What if they..." Midnight is silenced by a Lotus' hoof.

Lotus sat up and puffed out her own chest, sans fluff. "You know what I say to them? LUNA DAMN THEM TO TARTARUS! They can cry a river because they only wish they had what you have. So now I tell you, go to Mystic and ask him on a date. And don't you wear the hoodie. Hold your head up high and walk proudly with your fluff out."

Midnight blushed and tried smoothing her chest nervously. "He...um...actually invited me out today. He wanted to take me to the art gallery. And maybe grab lunch at The Tasty Treat."

"This is the universe telling you to go, Middy! No more being ashamed of your fluff. I'm sure he'll love it and love you even more." Lotus jumped off the chaise. "Now go send a letter to your stallion and have a fun time with him."

Feeling a little confident, Midnight took off her hoodie. "Ok Lotus..I'll do it. I won't really like going out without my hoodie but I'll do it. Thanks." She went to her room and wrote a letter to Mystic, sending it off before heading out her rift exit moments later. Midnight felt her confidence waver a bit before she was heard a knock at her door. Knowing who it was, she went to answer and have the best date of her life.