• Published 18th Jun 2020
  • 405 Views, 11 Comments

Sunset’s First Friend - rpglover



Sunset Shimmer was one of Princess Celestia's Prized Pupils. Only, she never had any friends- or did she?

  • ...
 11
 405

Chapter - 4: A Pie Night

Leaning against a back ally corner, a pale blue skinned male breathed heavily as he had ran a marathon through the night town, How am I out of breath? The question swam through his mind. A creature that literally had no organs was not supposed to struggle with breathing, but here he was gasping for air as if it were precious resource.

“What is this world?” he spoke under his breath as he glanced at the town’s street lights, everything seeming so strange and unusual.

Raising a hand towards his neck where his bandana rests, grasping it tightly, “Are you still alive, Sunset? And if you are, where are you?” he whispered as he lets his body slouch into a slumber. Praying to whatever deity this world worship that his best friend were alive and well before sleep had finally taken a hold of him.


Twilight and Spike had managed to arrive at a double story grey textural house with a dreary design to all but one window at the top left with a rainbow of colors and balloons around as if a party had threw up in the single room.

Standing right up against the front door, all the lights of the house were off, “What are you waiting for?” Spike asked the stilled girl who was giving a statue a run for their money.

Twilight glanced at the door nervously, as if something bad could have jumped out and attacked her at any given moment. “I can’t Spike! I mean, Pinkie is obviously sleeping, and I don’t want to disturb her.”

Spike slapped his paw to his face at Twilight’s sudden back peddle of the idea, “Come on Twi, we need a place to stay and Pinkie won’t mind lending a place. Heck, I’m sure she’d be thrilled.”

She knew that was true; Pinkie enjoyed spending time with others more than any other pony- or human in this case than she knew. Giving a sigh as she looked back at the door that looked to be made of heavier stuff than a simple wood with cheap dark grey paint. Why was she struggling to ask for Pinkie to host her for the night? Was she really scared of disturbing her? No, it is as if something were trying to force her to abandon the idea.


Their moment was soon to be interrupted by a monotone voice from behind, “hey” turning in a panic to find a dull grey girl around Twilight’s height, a dull purplish grey long hair, and light turquoise eyes. Her somber expression making her hard to read.

The two remember her being Pinkie Pie’s older sister, Maud Pie.


“Hello?” Twilight greeted back with a nervous look as if she had been caught doing something she wasn’t supposed to be doing.

Her nervousness slowly falter as the three stood in silence, slowly turning to a state of confusion as to what Maud Pie was doing. Maud raised a small boulder in her hand to give it a display to the two guest, “boulder wanted some fresh air.”


“are you wanting to see Pinkie?”

Twilight jumped at the question, “Yes!” her excited quickly fell to humble as she rephrase, “I mean, if it isn’t too much trouble that is.” Maud stood motionless at the girl, the silence making this moment feel awkward for some reason before she gave a shrug and went into her house, Twilight and Spike following behind.

The inside wasn’t much in term of interior design, though Twilight had not expected much as her last visit here. She watches as Maud made her way over towards the stairs, “boulder will let Pinkie know you’re here.”

Twilight looked as if she wanted to say something about this before a few moment a pink blur quickly rushed down the stairs and tackled the lavender girl to the ground before she could process what had happened.

“Twilight! I’m so glad you’re here! This is the best day ever!” A hyperactive girl scream whispered into the girl’s ear in excitement. “When boulder told me you were here, I was sooooooooooooooo surprised!”


The group headed towards Pinkie’s room to sleep, cause when morning comes around, they will be searching for the mysterious shadow who crossed over to this world. Something that Twilight could not help but wonder, who was that and why were they wanting to get over here? And how did they know about the portal as well, or was it just a coincident?



Standing before the Pie’s house, wearing a brown cloak as they glance towards the lit room where the Equestrian Princess were staying for the night, a hollow chuckle echoed from them as they spoke in a fiery voice, “Finally; after all these years, things are finally starting to move along. What will come of this, Latere?”

Author's Note:

Two points; 1... I know this chapter is short, and truthfully I have wanted to add a lot more but I could not; so I'll be able to make the next chapter longer.

2... I know it had been a loooong time since I last posted the last chapter and I have been struggling to come up with the concept. I still don't like how this turned out but it was the best I could come up with as I struggled to wrap my head around something. Next chapter will be the meeting of the girls.

I will try to work on writing the next chapter and get it posted quick, I learned I should avoid making a promise when it will come since I am failing at that but I will try to not take as long as this. I will be working on writing the next chapter on my Birthday that is coming up (the 14th)

My real life job is causing a lot of depression as that doesn't help with the inspiration to keep writing. I feel like this whole virus has been dragging on too long and I want to finally just breath, I keep feeling like I am suffocating with these masks! Well, I'll try to work something out and hopefully I can actually write up all I had planned~ I want to get to the Friendship Games part before Spring after all.

Comments ( 1 )

No, it is as if something were trying to force her to abandon the idea.

And that would be?

Standing before the Pie’s house, wearing a brown cloak as they glance towards the lit room where the Equestrian Princess were staying for the night, a hollow chuckle echoed from them as they spoke in a fiery voice, “Finally; after all these years, things are finally starting to move along. What will come of this, Latere ?”

Who’s this?

Login or register to comment