• Published 11th Jun 2020
  • 1,466 Views, 7 Comments

The Demon of The Shadows - ShadowRazer2121



What do you think happens when a Demon of shadows meets ponies?

  • ...
7
 7
 1,466

....In The Shadows of The Night

Author's Note:

I will explain the Shadow Stalker and the Shadow Demon part, so Shadow Stalker is the leader of the shadow Realm and those who live there are called shadows with a name after that. Shadow Demon is named after the Honor Guards who have taken the nickname "The Shadow Demons". Shadow Demon is to say the next to rule the shadow realm to put it lightly.

Hope you like this Chapter and I am open to any ideas since this as far as I am right now.

"Fluttershy what did this monster look like?" Twilight asked Fluttershy while writing a letter to the princess.

"Yeah what did it look like so we can kick it's flank back to where ever it came from." Rainbow said as she flew up n the air making punching motions with her hooves.

"Or this monster ust came here from somewhere else and decided to stay in the everfree because he wanted to get away from his old life in tarterus." Pinkie Pie with her usual tone

Everypony in the room looked at her in confusion and started to ask but decided to hold it in. After that they all were about to go get the elements to get rid of whatever was there until spike burped a letter from the princess.


Dear Twilight Sparkle,

This matter is troubling for this creature Fluttershy describe is very veg me and my sister are looking into the matter as we speak, but for now we ask that you take care of another issue that can be of worse circumstances. A dragon is sleeping in the mountains near Ponyville and it's smoke can harm the surrounding area if he does not move I ask the you try to ask the dragon to move to a more remote location.

Your Teacher, Princess Celestia

After rolling the scroll back up she got a questioning glances from the others. After some thought they decided to go do as the princess asked and try to move the dragon. After trying to convince Fluttershy that they would be by her side the entire time she reluctantly decided to go along. As they got close to the top a rock slide blocking their way to the dragon's cave. She tried to make an excuse on why they should not continue only to receive flat looks from the others and a groan from Rainbow Dash. She picked her up and flew her over the obstruction in their path. As they continued a figure watched them from a distance with curiosity.


Shadow Stalker watched the ponies atop his perch with such fascination. He turned to walk away when he heard a roaring noise and some yelling. He proceeded to walk to the source, when he found that the shy one was talking down the giant dragon. Eventually the dragon left to another cave with his treasures with him. Until he noticed that the yellow one had so much anger built in her. He then noticed that they were looking at him when he turned around and walked off disappearing into the shadows to see the rainbow one tried to find him only to fail. He had returned to the cave he called home and went to the back of the cave and carved a door way in the cave's wall, only for a doorway to appear. Shadow walked into the room and found a pentagram in the middle. He walked up to it and started to draw symbols next to the circle. A small portal appeared before a figure came rolling out and came to a stop in front of him. Shadow Demon wake up we have work to do. Only to hear a groan coming from the ball, until he picked it up and only saw a sleeping Dragon that only went up to his knee. The young dragon had black scales and had a dark maroon underbelly and wings.

"I don't want to get up." he said as he mumbled some more nonsense.

"Well, you can sleep later when your work is done. For now, listen to me." Shadow Stalker said in his usual Demonic echoing voice as he walked out of the room with a disorientated Shadow Demon. Shadow Demon walked over to a rather large bed and got on it, sitting on his haunches. He walked on four legs instead of two like the world called Equestria; the books had informed him of their biology to say that the reproduction process was odd would have been an understatement.

"Fine, what is my job?" Shadow Demon said while making air quotes when he said 'job'.

"Your job, is to go and find out what you can about these ponies that live here in this world. Report to me what you find and do not get caught. Do I make myself clear?" Shadow Stalker said with anger in his voice as he got up to Shadow Demon's face.

"Fine, I will do it, but its not like I have much of a choice. Anything else your highness?" Shadow Demon Said saying the last part with sarcasm.

"No and again, Do not get caught or I might rip what is left of you out." Shadow Stalker said as Shadow Demon had a nervous expression.

"Y....you would not really do that, right?" he said with a nervous smile.

"Want to test it and find out?" Stalker said with seriousness in his voice.

"Ha...your funny." Shadow Demon said as he slowly made his way to the cave's entrance and flew off towards the town.

As he flew off into the distance Shadow Stalker went to go sit back down as he pondered about Shadow Demon.

"What am I going to do with him?" He said with worry in his voice as he thought to the first time he had met him.


500 years ago

Shadow Stalker walked through the shadow realm as it did have streets and buildings but they weren't the nicest in all of the dimensions, but it was home to most that anyone here could agree on. He heard a noise coming from one of the thousands of alleyways in this never ending city. Shadow Stalker snapped his fingers and a figure appeared next to him.

"I feel it too. It is a new shadow but it is powerful but where it is..." The shadowy figure paused before saying, "He is at 33:42:44 33-47869 Station 67. Hurry, its shadow is fading into light." Shadow Stalker made a ball of shadows appear and crushed it and a portal appeared and he went through as it closed behind him he looked around at his surroundings. Checking everything, he was about to give up when he heard a small whimper coming from around the corner. When he turned the corner it saw a small Dragon curled up shaking there was a hatched egg next to the small hatchling it tried to back away, but the wall behind him had other plans for him. Shadow Stalker sighed as he knelt down a waved his hand in front of the young dragon as he passed out falling into a deep sleep. Shadow Stalker picked up the small dragon and walked towards his home at the top of the central tower of the Shadow Realm.


"Shadow do this, Shadow do that." Shadow Demon said as he flew through the sky low to the ground. Letting out a groan he landed near the clearing and looked to the town that laid before him.

"Never stops asking me to do stuff I get a rare chance to sleep, but no I can't even get at least a days worth of rest." he said with anger in his voice. "He needs me though. I can do this they are just ponies there is no way they could catch me not like they can detect me or anything. I mean I use shadow and Demon magic and they use light magic. so, not too bad." Shadow Demon said as he jumped up and down a little.

"Okay lets do this." He said before jumping into a shadow and appeared in an alleyway in the town. One of his least favorites about him self was his glowing eyes. They would glow when he need to see clearer but it was only a tiny soft glow not a light bulb glow.

"hum, what am I even looking for exactly? He never tells me just says I need to find the solution based on a person or their tone of voice. Well he is of course the king of the Shadow realm. And I am somehow the Prince according to him, I think?" He said bringing one of his paws to his chin.

"Oh, well might as well find whatever he wants." Shadow Demon said as he moved through the Shadows(No pun intended).

Shadow Demon jumped from alley to alley keeping the thought of what he wanted here until his left ear perked up at the word library. He knew exactly what he wanted now. Knowledge Stalker, always enjoyed knowledge; and he also really loved books for some odd reason. He followed the strange looking horse or was it pony. He could not remember nor did he care. All he cared about was getting the books that Shadow Stalker would want, but which ones would he want. Only one way to find out is to go in, but a thought entered his mind.

"What if he doesn't like it, he hates when I enter homes and so do I. I could get trapped and be alone. No, no, no, I have to get this stuff for him he will want it." he said pushing the thought in the back of his mind. he was a little under an inch from the lavender one he was following.

Shadow Demon's POV

As soon as the door opened I took it as my Que to enter as I did the horse thing turned around real quick, a little too quick. the mare as a soon come to understand was walking through the Kitchen as I took to where the books were and got out of the Shadows and looked around, my eyes darting to each book using some of my Demonic magic as I floated a couple books to me as I looked at the titles and put them in a pouch that could hold anything from a ship to an ant; put said books into them the big ones I knew stalker would like. I kept on looking at them until I heard a literal glass break. My ear perked up and I slowly turned around and looked at the Lavender horse what I figured out to now be a Unicorn.

I quickly closed the pouch and made a break for the door when a magical blast struck me in my side making me cringe in pain and my heart began to beat a trillion beats per minute, Literally. I got up and noticed a shadow of the wooden sculpture in the middle of the room created by the light of the sun through the windows and that is when I caught her off guard and dove right into the shadows I came back out only to be face to face with the ground.I managed to kick off what ever was on me and found that I had six horses on me attacking me for stealing knowledge or books this place is cruel; I like it.

"You return what ya stole From ma friend ya varmint." an orange one said as a rope was suddenly rapped around my barrel and left back leg as I was pulled to the ground flat on my stomach. I had no shade to make a quick get away. Shadow Stalker is going to be so mad when he finds out. He used a Demonic spell that weakens all that are with in a 20 feet radius as soon as I cast it I noticed the difference as they tried to pull harder but I pulled back with ease thanks to the spell and I soon made off with the books and with a weaken group of mares until I noticed only 2 where was the fourth one I though she was....

I was unable to finish my thought as I was suddenly knocked to the ground but I use what Energy I had left to teleport the books to Shadow Stalker That was until I blacked out from exhaustion.


I Began to wake up and try to move only to find that I could't move; I found that I was tied to a chair with what I could feel was magical spells to keep me here. My ears folded down to the sides of my head as I looked around to see light was around me with a endless land of darkness the light blocking my view.

"I am going to ask once what were you doing stealing my books and the ones with a very important spells in them as well?" The purple one screamed at me which made me cower a bit at her tone my ears folding as much as they could to keep as much of my hearing as I could.

"I will never talk and you can't make me." I said with full confidence Until a blade was brought in front of me. "I have never seen a dragon like you before. What type of dragon are you?" She asked me having a look of pure murder behind her eyes and he mind it was terrifying.

"I will never talk I have a duty to uphold now let me go." I said I started to panic as the very sharp blade came closer to my chest as I struggled more I started to hear my own heart beat. I had gotten Idea her shadow was getting close so all I needed was for her to get close enough. Before I could Finish I felt a stabbing pain In left Back leg to see the blade sticking out of it. It hurt and even burned as well. I yelled in pain that was a spell to make everything hurt more. I realized that she was next to me and I took the chance and slide into her shadow knocking her out of my way and out the basement door of the library and to the front door when again I flt pain it was my leg I had to get to Shadow Stalker he could help me well heal me to the best of his ability at the moment.

I soon got to the forest and used the shadows to get to the cave quickly and came flying out into the cave only to find a worried feeling Shadow Stalker. He may not have a face but I could feel rage anger worry and all the above to kill me for getting caught.

"You got caught after I said not too." He yelled at me as I sat on his bed with my head lowered and my leg bandaged and checked for poisoning that had been done to me.

"Do you know what you have cause?

"The purple one is crazy and tried to dissect me and I got a surgical tool that was made to cut flesh and scales jabbed into my leg making it where I could not put an ounce of pressure on it or it would get worse."

"They know we exist and that we are now a potential threat to them and that they will hunt us." Shadow Stalker said which my fear of the purple one even more.

No one's POV

Shadow Demon laid in his own bed across from Stalker Shadow Demon was sleeping he suddenly awoke with another nightmare of the Pony thing what ever it was. He got up and walked over the Shadow Stalker and curled up next to him and and finally went to sleep.