• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 827 Views, 45 Comments

Zathura: Sibling is Magic - SuperWriter2329



Two siblings who didn't get along with each other will have their lives turned upside down when a magical board game entered their lives.

  • ...
6
 45
 827

Epilogue: Good to be Home

Twilight opened her eyes, only to realize something really weird. The library was now in perfect condition with every single book back to where it belongs and none were burnt up. The floor was clean and there were no holes on it at all. Plus, all of the furniture was back to where it belongs and no longer broken. She looked down at the game to see that the pieces are now back to the starting point when she first started playing the game.

Looking back up, the young princess realized something was amiss. Her friends and brother weren't where they were when she and Shining first started playing. "Shining? Girls? Spike? Are you still there?" she called out to them, hoping that they answer.

Luckily, she saw the doors of the library open to reveal the very ponies and baby dragon she wanted to see for a while, but with concerned and terrified looks on their faces. "Twily, whatever you do, don't push that button," Shining warned.

"What button?" Twilight asked, only to look down to see that her right forefinger was on the 'Go' button that was ready to be pushed. She pulled her finger away, not wanting to accidentally start the game again. "Guys, did that really happen? About the whole space thing?" she asked her friends and brother.

"Actually, I think it did. I still remember what had happened when we played the game and... what had happened between the two of us..." Shining replied.

"Yeah, me too," the younger sibling said, the others mumbling their agreements as well.

She got back up from where she was sitting and told her friends to check every single room to see if everything was back where it belonged. When they did, they reported back to Twilight, who was by the front door at the time, that all of the rooms was in perfect condition, including all of the nonexistent holes that was present during the course of the gameplay.

Turning towards the large front doors of the castle, Twilight took a deep breath and opened it, where sunshine blinded her for a while before her eyes readjusted so that she can see the beautiful and familiar surroundings of Ponyville once again after seeing nothing but space for a while.

"Girls, we're home," the alicorn said, turning back to her friends and hugged them tightly. "We're home!" she said again, the Mane Six cheering and crying for their fortune, hugging and jumping together as they are finally back home in Equestria.

After a few minutes, Twilight broke the hug and turned towards Shining and ran forward to hug him, with him doing the same thing. They met up halfway and embraced each other, crying harder than ever. "You did it, Twily! You won the game! Without actually cheating this time!" Shining congratulated his sister.

"Yes Shiny, I did. I really did," Twilight said. Breaking the hug and wiping the tears from her cheeks, she asked, "Shining, do you really mean it when you forgive me for cheating, even if it really was an accident?"

"Of course I forgive you. I mean every single word about forgiving you was real," the unicorn answered without hesitation. "I love you, Twily."

"I love you too, Shiny," the young princess replied, hugging her brother again, who hugged her back in return.

The rest of the Mane Six and Spike were misty-eyed over the loving exchange between the Sparkle siblings as they had officially amended their relationship. Applejack took off her stetson and placed it on her chest as a sign of happiness for the two made up siblings. Pinkie, as usual, was bawling her eyes out seeing them. Rainbow tried to keep calm, but failed to keep a few tears to fall down her cheeks. Rarity and Fluttershy were happy while crying a bit to see that their friend and brother have finally made up. And Spike smiled upon seeing his siblings hugging in amendment of their relationship with each other.

With no more bad blood between the two siblings, they parted and looked at each other's eyes with a loving smile from them. Then, Twilight's stomach grumbled, ruining the moment as she held her stomach. "Wow, guess the whole space adventure thing really took a toll on me. You wanna go get something to eat?" she asked Shining.

"Sure thing, Twily. Sugarcube Corner?" he proposed.

"Sugarcube Corner," the princess replied. She then turned towards her friends and asked, "Girls, you wanna celebrate at Sugarcube Corner?" The others shouted yes in agreement, including Spike. "Well, let's go then!" Leading the way, Twilight opened the doors to let the others file out of the castle for their needed vacation from adventuring.

Before she had a chance to follow her friends, Shining grabbed Twilight's arm gently, getting her attention. "Twily, I was thinking maybe... we could hang out for a while? We haven't had the chance to do so since... well, you know..." he asked.

Smiling, the lavender princess replied, "Sure thing, Shiny. I'd love too." Before they can hug again, they heard something clang behind them by the grass. Turning towards the source of the noise, Twilight was shocked to see that one of her telescopes had seemingly ended up on the grass.

Thankfully, it wasn't badly damaged, but it made her curious as to how did her telescope ended up there where it should've stayed by the balcony. "Shining, are you thinking what I'm thinking right now?" she asked her brother.

"That the telescope just fallen out of the sky?" Shining replied.

"Yes, that," she said. However, they didn't ponder about it for long as Twilight teleported the telescope back to where it originally belong. "Let's figure that out later. Come on, let's have a beautiful day together!" she exclaimed.

Nodding his head, Shining grabbed Twilight's hand in his and together, walked towards town with a fresh start on their lives, one without them fighting each other and finally enjoy the rest of what the day had offered for them as they headed for Sugarcube Corner for a much needed rest and for them to enjoy each other's company. Maybe in time, they can have fun without having to save Equestria, this time together as not just friends, but as brother and sister for the years to come.

Author's Note:

They did it! Twilight had managed to bring everypony back home safe and sound. And make amends with Shining as well! You know as they say, kill two birds with one stone...

Well, folks, that was it for Zathura: Sibling is Magic! I hope you enjoy my first ever MLP crossover story. And as usual, feel free to leave a comment if you spotted any mistakes. With that being said, I'll see you all next time!

Comments ( 22 )

i wonder if you can do jumanji next. which makes sense since it's also about a cursed game

10539324
Well, I have thought about making a Jumanji crossover, but unfortunately that would be for another time because I have another story on the works as of now.

10539343
i understand. i really do

10537714

Good point. I was just a little upset with Spike's shenanigans. But, it was all an accident and Spike didn't know on what's happening with the Space Themed Game.

Wow, since yesterday and today, I got four downvotes in this story. Did everyone not like it now or something? I have no idea.

Edit: Are you kidding me?! Another downvote?! Am I not likable or something?!

10539586
I think it has something to do with how this story is literally the same story (Zathura) with the cast of MLP. I think what people were looking for was a re-imagining of the movie. Also Zathura mainly focused on the siblings and had them be the only characters on the adventure, which made the film about family. This fanfic focused on the siblings, but essentially had too much characters on the journey. The story is called "Zathura: Sibling is Magic", it should just be about the Twilight and Shining; no additional characters needed.

Twilight Sparkle plays the role of Danny, Shining Armor plays the role of Walter, and Spike plays the role of Lisa.

10540229
Well, the thing is, I actually had planned the rest of the Mane Six to stay so that they can watch Twilight and Shining make up for all of their arguing and they sort of got caught in the ride as well. Don't judge me in this, okay? :pinkiehappy:

I think that is the next story you should write is about Spike going to Jumanji. And also I like this story

10740205
I'm sorry, but which Jumanji story are you talking about? The original or the Welcome to the Jungle one?

10740232
The first one and and with the second one you could put the young six in welcome to the jungle

10740268
You did have a good point, but in order for both of the story ideas to work, I have to put both of them into the Equestria Girls universe since television and gaming consoles didn't quite exist in pony Equestria. How does that sound?

P.S.: I actually had a story idea in mind for the first Jumanji story, but I never got to start working on it quite yet. So, bear with me, alright?

10740279
Actually you can put the first one into the pony world and the second one into Equestria girls like Spike could get sucked into the board game and to get rid of it they throw into the mirror where gilda finds it

10740279
Also I think Gabby should be in the story of the first one yeah she could be the one that that everyone thinks it's crazy

10740818
10740566
These are great suggestions, but I think I'm gonna stick with what I had in mind, which is putting the Jumanji stories in the Equestria Girls universe. Although, I have to make both stories work, since I plan on putting the Main Seven in the first one.

10740818
Hey there, sorry to interrupt, but what do you actually mean about Gabby being the crazy one for the first movie? Do you want her to be the one where Sarah in the original who was traumatized seeing her friend Alan get sucked into the game or someone else? Just wondering....

Comment posted by natsnell75 deleted Aug 21st, 2021

10740279
fyi Television exists in pony equestria, as do arcade cabinents. I'm less sure about home gaming systems.

Comment posted by natsnell75 deleted Jan 20th, 2023
Login or register to comment