• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 835 Views, 45 Comments

Zathura: Sibling is Magic - SuperWriter2329



Two siblings who didn't get along with each other will have their lives turned upside down when a magical board game entered their lives.

  • ...
6
 45
 835

Prologue

Author's Note:

Well, folks of FimFiction! My second story to ever be posted on this site! And it's a crossover story with my favorite childhood movie? Yay... (Fluttershy like voice)

Anyways, this chapter is pretty short so I will do another one real soon. Adios!

For some ponies, having a brother or sister is a blessing. They can make you feel happy or turn your life into hell. For Twilight Sparkle, it was the latter rather than the former. She and her brother Shining Armor did not communicate well with each other ever since they were foals.

They were always competitive against each other and they always fight and never seem to get along. Even their parents Night Light and Twilight Velvet can't seem to get them to talk to each other.

When they do get along, they would always play different games ranging from board games to action games. However, all of them ended up quite short because Shining kept telling his little sister to stop cheating on everything, but she denied of doing so.

"Ugh, Twily, could you please stop cheating on every game we play?!" Shining yelled.

"I'm not cheating! You are!" Twilight yelled back.

"No, you are!"

"No, you are!"

This always happen every time they would play something they love doing. This continued from their foalhood all the way to when Twilight was assigned to Ponyville to check up on the preparations for the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration. Even then, they were always at each other's throats until Twilight finally moved out of the house in order for her to settle in Golden Oaks Library.

Since then, they never saw each other even during the holidays like Hearth's Warming Eve, Nightmare Night and even Mother's Day.

A few years later, when Twilight ascended to princesshood, she and her brother didn't even talk to each other. They just looked at each other before turned their backs and walked away. This caused a really awkward moment between Twilight's friends, Princess Cadance, Twilight's sister-in-law, and Princesses Celestia and Luna as well.

"Well, that was awkward," Rainbow Dash said, scratching her head with a nervous arm.

"To be fair, I think that goes for all of us, darling," Rarity mentioned.

"Actually, they have been like this ever since they were young. I know cause I was there watching them fight all the time," Cadance explained.

"Really? How so?" the fashionista asked.

"Well, they were always arguing about everything. They can get competitive all the time but here's where it get over the top. Every time they played something, Shining will always win and Twilight will always lose them. But when she did win, Shining will always find ways to just deny it, including calling her a cheater."

"What?!" Twilight's friends shouted.

"Okay, I know a lot about winning and losing, but calling someone a cheater is just wrong, even if he was related to you," the weather pony said.

"Yeah, Twilight didn't deserve being called a cheaty cheater. But she did win fair and square, right?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"I saw everything and she did win some games on her own effort, but Shining didn't believe her."

"Oh, poor Twilight. She really didn't deserve being treated like that. What should we do about it?" Fluttershy said.

"Well, Ah think for now, we should keep an eye on the two o' them. We will take care of Twilight while you look after her brother. Ah'm sure they will come clean in the end," Applejack assured.


After a year, Twilight and Shining still didn't get along, with all of the constant fighting, her friends have drawn blank. Even Discord can't seem to get them to be nice to each other.

And when Tirek came into her life, Twilight did what she had to, even if her so called brother wasn't there to help her. Because of that, she managed to earn a castle which served as her new home after the centaur destroyed the Golden Oaks Library. She was even allowed to reign alongside her friends as the Princess of Friendship.

However, somewhere in the castle, a board game appeared out of nowhere. Little did Twilight or Shining knew that this particular game will change their current lives forever.