• Published 26th Oct 2020
  • 554 Views, 17 Comments

Legends of Equestria: Fire and Faith - The Blue EM2



A brony goes on a great adventure. Being one of the greatest unicorns of all time is an amazing added bonus.

  • ...
4
 17
 554

Unexpected Help

The light from the spell, sure enough, started to fade from around Starswirl's eyes, and as he slowly took in his surroundings, he noticed that he was no longer at the table.

In fact, he was no longer in a house.

In fact, he was no longer in Nottingham.

As a matter of fact (just wanted to mix it up a bit there), he was not only in another country, he was on an entirely separate continent. He was, to explain to all present, standing on top of a large suspension bridge, that was pained light green and stretched across from one side of a tidal estuary to the other. In particular, he stood on top of the tower that was closer to a large batch of flashing lights that ran alongside the estuary and ran up a hillside covered in buildings. There were normal houses, and towers, and many other exciting buildings there sat in the distance, blinking in the middle of the night.

Night! Of course! If he could see the stars, he could figure out where he was and make plans from there! He looked about for his telescope, only to realise he had left it at the observatory. Just perfect. The one time he actually needed that piece of machinery, he didn't have it.

"If only the stars weren't so murky!" Starswirl grumbled. "All this light and smoke is making it hard to see where I am in the world. I wonder if anypony will actually know where I am."

"You're in Vancouver," said a voice, an accent which sounded familiar but yet softer than the normal tones of this part of the world. Starswirl turned around to see an orange furred pony, a unicorn no less, with a two tone red mane that looked a little frazzled, judging from the bits and pieces of hair sticking up on it. He had a cream portion of fur running down the top of his face down to the edge of his muzzle, and he also had blue eyes, in front of which sat a pair of silver, round rimmed spectacles. His lower legs from the knee joints were white down to the bottom of his hooves, and he also had a tail, in very much the same colours as his mane. He wore a blue cloak with two tone turquoise and white trim, which itself was covered in blue stars of a lighter shade than most of the cloak.

"Another pony? Here, in this world?" Starswirl asked, as he climbed down the ladder to the lower platform, to speak to the unicorn there. He extended his hoof. "I say, these are most strange times. Tell me, what is your name?"

"I'm Sunburst," the unicorn replied, and shook Starswirl's outstreched hoof. "And you are, sir?"

"I am Starswirl," Starswirl replied, and nodded. "I see a very accomplished wizard before me."

With the word 'Starswirl', Sunburst's jaw suddenly dropped open. "Y- you're Starswirl the Bearded?!" he stammered, his eyes wide with wonder and amazement. "None other than the Father of the amniomorphic spell, the most important conjurer of the pre-classical era, the creator of more than two hundred spells, and you even have a shelf in the Canterlot library of magic named after you! Sir, it is such an honour!"

Starswirl looked slightly baffled as this unicorn bowed before him. "Rise, Sunburst. As much as I appreciate the sentiment, we sadly lack the time for such formalities right now. As I speak, there is a sinister plot afoot that requires us to do some research. I cannot collect information from the stars owing to the brightness of the lights and the smoke."

"Light pollution sucks," Sunburst admitted. "It makes stargazing very difficult. But we can do other things! How about I take you to where I live?"

"Does it have a library?" asked Starswirl.

"Yes, it does!" Sunburst replied. "It's an absolute haven for a bibliophile such as myself!"

Starswirl found himself wondering how he and Sunburst could speak to one another perfectly, given he had not cast the Balelius Translaticon on Sunburst. Either the spell worked rather differently to how he remembered it working, or Sunburst naturally spoke Old Ponish, which would be rather strange.


Starswirl, however, was swept up by the technological marvels that he saw in this city of Vancouver. He was led past a steam powered clock, and vehicles- no, carriages- that moved about by themselves! He was well and truly amazed by the machinery of this world and its people, who seemed to be a mixture of humans and ponies. He got this idea seeing as none of those humans, a being that Starswirl had glimpsed through the Magic Mirror centuries ago, saw anything odd in ponies trotting about and were simply used to it.

As they turned some more corners in this city of wonders, which featured lights that had no candle or wick in them, Sunburst opened a door, to reveal a pink unicorn with grape juice coloured eyes, and a purple mane with a turquoise streak running through it. Her mane was combed over her horn in a floppy curve, and she had a tail in the same colours. "Hello Sunburst!" she said. "How was your stargazing?!

"Not great, Starlight, to be honest," Sunburst replied. "Too much cloud and light pollution. But I did find this guy at the top of the Lions Gate Bridge."

'Starlight' took one look at Starswirl and nearly fainted. "Y- you're Starswirl the Bearded!" she exclaimed. "None other than the Father of the amniomorphic spell, the most important conjurer of the pre-classical era, the creator of more than two hundred spells, and-"

"-I even have a shelf in the Canterlot library of magic named after me," Starswirl finished. "I appreciate the sentiment, but sadly we lack the time. We must work fast and now, or else we are in grave danger."

"What sort of grave danger?" Sunburst and Starlight asked.

"The world is going to end type of danger," Starswirl explained.