• Published 6th Jun 2020
  • 6,357 Views, 51 Comments

Mating Dances - TigerCat111



Rainbow Dash has been acting strange. Very strange. But why only around Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
19
 51
 6,357

And Sheds for All

Fluttershy sat patiently on her sofa, waiting for her friend to arrive.

She had managed to convince most of the animals to go outside, save a few nocturnal ones who preferred the indoors to rest and some smaller rodents who didn't want to leave their burrows. Oh, and a napping Angel Bunny, who was currently snuggled up under her wing.

She was startled out of her wits when a flash of violet exploded into her room; it dimmed away to reveal Twilight, who looked extremely frustrated.

Upon noticing the startled Pegasus, she gave a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, Fluttershy," She apologized. "I'm still not used to the new castle, and there are a lot of rooms...to get lost in..."

Regaining her composure--and checking to make sure Angel hadn't been woken up--Fluttershy gave a nod.

"It's alright, Twilight... would you like some tea?"

Climbing onto the extra seat on the sofa, Twilight nodded, smiling.

"That would be great, Fluttershy. Wandering around that castle can sure work up a thirst."

After pouring her friend some tea and refilling her own cup, Fluttershy turned to Twilight once more.

"So, what was it you wanted to talk to me about...?"

Upon remembering why she was here, Twilight gently set her cup down.

"Right, that. It's...well, it's about Rainbow Dash."

The yellow Pegasus felt a bit of worry swell in her stomach, but did her best to hide it.

"Is everything alright? She's not hurt, is she?"

Twilight hurriedly held up a hoof.

"No no no, nothing like that. She's just been acting...strange."

"Has she been spending too much time with Pinkie again?"

"Not that kind of strange, Fluttershy." Twilight replied, sipping some tea again. "It's...well, it's kind of hard to explain..."

A thought suddenly came to the Pegasus, having a good idea of where this was going.

*Ah, buck. Twilight must have noticed...*

Such seemed to be the case, as Twilight continued speaking.

"Well, I actually noticed it a while ago, but I tried to pass it off as Rainbow being...well, Rainbow, but she seems to get worse and worse every day!"

Fluttershy nodded along, her calm demeanor completely masking her thoughts.

*Rainbow, you absolute bucking moron. I warned you about this. I told you to be straightforward with her, and what do you do? Decide to be a bucking dumbass, that's what. Let's see what centaurshit you pulled this time...*

"Well, um, what kind of things has she been doing?" She asked innocently.

"Well, it started with strutting," Twilight replied, going into thought. "Rainbow's always had this...'cockiness' to the way she walks when she's not flying, but lately she's been full on strutting. I think she said something about showing off her fabulous legs or something..."

*Dumbass. Your legs aren't even muscular or sleek. Rarity and Applejack's legs are ten times better than yours any day.* "Well...maybe Rarity's been rubbing off on her?"

Twilight shook her head.

"I highly doubt that. Those two rarely spend time alone together. And even still, that's not even the weirdest thing."

"Oh?"

The lavender Alicorn nodded again.

"Her flying's been weird, too. She's been doing these fancy tricks when she's just taking a regular flight! Or, well, at least when we're flying together..."

*Twilight. You're a Princess. Probably the smartest one. You don't need me for this.*

"Twilight, if that's all--"

"Oh, no no no," Twilight cut her off, shaking her head. "Those are just the little things."

"Little things...?"

Another nod, and a sip of tea.

"I should probably start a couple weeks ago, when I first started noticing..."


Rainbow Dash strutted into the castle library, head held high.

"Hey Twi!! You in here?"

"Just a moment!!" The other mare's voice rang out from deeper in.

Rainbow tapped her hoof impatiently, looking around.

Twilight eventually came around the corner, looking a bit frazzled.

"Oh, hey Rainbow!" She beamed, trotting over to the Pegasus. "What brings you here? I thought you had weather duty today?"

"I did, but they changed the forecast last minute." She rolled her eyes. "Apparently there weren't enough rainclouds for a storm in Manehattan, so we had to give all of Ponyville and Fillydephia's to them. All we had was mildly cloudy today and tomorrow though, so now it's just sunny skies all week!"

Twilight smiled at that.

"Well, that's nice, Rain..."

She trailed off as her gaze landed upon Rainbow's wings.

Rainbow poked her nose, trying to get the Alicorn's attention again.

"Uh, Twi? You good?"

"Have your wings always been that fluffy, Rainbow Dash?"

The Pegasus' ears perked forward at that.

"Huh?"

"Your wings. They seem...a lot fluffier than usual."

A grin that seemed just a little too excited spread on her face.

"Oh, you noticed, huh? Yeah, It's a new thing I'm trying. Guys usually do it around this time of year, but I figured I could totally rock the look, y'know?"

Twilight nodded absentmindedly.

"So, ya dig? You look like ya dig."

Snapping out of it, the lavender mare gave her head a slight shake.

"Sorry, Rainbow. It just..."

The Pegasus tilted her head to the side.

"What? Not diggin' it?"

"Whatever that means, it sounds weird."

That earned an eye roll.

"You like it or not, Twi?"

"Oh! Well, that depends."

"Uh...on what?"

Twilight leaned in; Rainbow copied the gesture, grin forming on her snout.

As her eyes drifted closed...

"Can you teach me to do that? They look extremely comfortable."

Rainbow's eyes snapped back open.

"Huh?"

"Dash, they look like pillows," Twilight stated, pointing at the other's wings. "I really, really like soft pillows."

"Uhh..."

"Oh, I think I've seen birds do that before, actually!! Is it to protect their young or for warmth? Wait--Rainbow, are you preg--"

The cyan Pegasus leaped back, reeling.

"I AM NOT PREGNANT!! TWI, YOU--I--WHAT THE BUCK?!"

The Alicorn took a step back.

"Pegasi tend to have bird-like qualities," she replied matter-of-factly, "and as I'm still getting used to being part Pegasus, I don't know how my body may adjust for more...ahem...maternal matters. So, about the pregnancy--"

Rainbow Dash, however, had gone zooming out shortly after Twilight had stepped away.


Fluttershy stared at her.

*What kind of dumbass asks something like that? No, wait, what idiot thinks somepony wants to kiss without even saying anything even remotely about it?*

"Um...Twilight?"

"Hm?"

"Why would you ask Rainbow something like that? That can be kind of...personal for some mares..."

Twilight shook her head.

"I know. I realized after and tried to apologize, but she blew me off and said not to talk about it."

Fluttershy gave a grim nod.

"That sounds best, for both of your sakes..."

"I agree. Besides, that wasn't the weirdest thing, anyways."

Fluttershy calmly poured herself some more tea.

*The buck she do next?*

"Well, what else has she been doing...?"

Twilight ruffled her feathers as she thought.

"Well, you know how we've been going on flights together? To help me get more experience?"

A nod from Fluttershy.

*Read a bucking romance novel, Twilight. Anypony can see that it's not about the flying.*

"And you remember what I said earlier about the tricks, right?"

Another nod.

"Well, about a week ago..."


Twilight followed Rainbow up to a cloud, sitting on it once they reached it.

"So, you wanted to show me some tricks today?" She asked, curious.

"Uh-huh!!'' Rainbow confidently replied, hovering above her. "You've been doing pretty good with your flying lately, so I figured you deserved a little reward!!"

"By...watching you do tricks?"

"Not just any tricks, Egghead," She replied with an eye roll. "These are some fancy moves passed down in my family for generations!!"

That piqued the Alicorn's interest.

"Oh?"

"Uh-huh!! Now, I'm not gonna lie, usually the guys did it--it's, uh, passed down on my dad's side--but I've been practicing a while, and since I'm an only child it's pretty important I keep the tradition alive, y'know?"

Twilight beamed at her.

"I am so touched you're sharing this with me, Rainbow! The fact that you're keeping your family tradition alive despite your gender is so sweet of you!"

Rainbow chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her head and looking away so Twilight couldn't see the red on her face.

"Hehe...yeah..."

She gave Twilight a pat on the head.

"Now you just sit there and look pretty while I show you my awesome moves!!"

Twilight fixed her mane again whilst Rainbow shot up into the sky.

Once sure she was watching, the cyan Pegasus gracefully floated down, wings out, caught on the wind.

She gently did several loops in the air, gradually gaining speed; soon she was just a blur of rainbow, spinning across the sky.

Twilight was transfixed by the gracefulness her friend was displaying--

"CA-CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!"

Twilight jumped back at the sound of a dying eagle screaming.

Rainbow shot up into the air, then back down, then straight at her.

Twilight shrieked, spreading her wings to fly off; however, Rainbow diverted course last second, flying in speedy circles around the cloud.

Sounds of dying birds assaulted the poor mare's ears; Twilight covered them, wincing.

Rainbow shot into the sky yet again; this time, she snapped her wings shut, plummeting to the ground.

Twilight screamed, activating her magic; however, her rainbow-maned friend opened her wings at the last second, shooting at Twilight at breakneck speed.

The Alicorn screamed again, losing her grip on her magic; she scrambled back, opening her wings.

Rainbow proceeded to stop in front of Twilight, then dive around her; all she could see were wings, assaulting her vision and sense of smell.

When the cyan Pegasus flew away again, Twilight coughed up a blue feather.

The dying birds returned; when the purple mare looked up, her jaw dropped.

Rainbow seemed to be doing a mix of twerking and thrusting, fully showing off both sets of her privates.

Red spread across the Alicorn's face; she wanted so badly to cover her eyes, but couldn't move her hooves.

Rainbow proceeded to do a flip, shooting up into the air one last time.

She finished her show with a Rainboom; colors burst out across the sky, but Twilight barely noticed.

Rainbow slowly descended, panting and sweating.

"So, Twi...whadja...whadja think? The Rainboom was my own little touch, cause--*wheeze*--at the end, it's tradition to do your own little thing for the--*wheeze*--big finish."

The wheezing Pegasus waited patiently; Twilight's jaw twitched, but she made no movement, nor did she speak.

Rainbow gave a breathless laugh.

"You're...haha...speachless. I--*wheeze*--knew you'd love it."

She then collapsed on the cloud, snoring.


Fluttershy's mouth sat agape.

*She did the dance. She did the bucking dance.*

"I know. That's...that was my reaction."

Fluttershy sighed.

*Faust, Dash...way too soon.*

"Oh my..."

Angel fidgeted under Fluttershy's wing; she pulled him closer, lulling him back to sleep.

"Twilight, I--"

"And then there's what she did yesterday--"

Fluttershy sighed.

"What did she do now?"

Twilight looked her dead in the eyes.

"She built me a shed."

The yellow Pegasus stared at her.

"She...built you a..."

"A shed. She built me a shed."

Fluttershy's lips twitched, but no words came.

"I know. Spike said he saw something weird out there the past week, but I didn't really pay any attention because--well, who goes behind the castle?"

Fluttershy pursed her lips.

*Assassins, idiot. You're going to get assassinated and never see it coming.*

"But apparently, he was right..."


The doors to the castle came flying open from the force of Rainbow's buck, slamming against the adjacent walls with a THUD that echoed across the castle.

The sweating mare strutted through the halls, doing the same to the library doors.

...Unfortunately, the doors inside the castle were a lot weaker than the ones going into the castle; thus, Twilight had to duck when the right one came flying at her.

Jumping back up, the Alicorn spread her wings and charged her horn, only to calm when no imminent threat presented itself.

However, she scowled when she realized that it was just Rainbow Dash causing collateral damage.

"Rainbow Dash!!"

"Hey Twi!!" The Pegasus strutted over. "I got you a present!!"

"Is it a new door, by any chance?!" She snapped back, annoyed.

"Pfft, nah!! Well, it has a door on it, but that's not the present!"

She grabbed Twilight's hoof, dragging her off.

The purple mare attempted to protest, but was dragged outside
and to the back of the castle before she could be heard.

"Ta-da!!" Rainbow flew over to the wooden construct, throwing her hooves out for emphasis. "I built you a shed!!"

Indeed, a shed stood in front of Twilight; it was at least six feet tall, made out of strong oak, and sloppily painted, the streaks of blue and purple not covering all of the brown from the wood and clashing with each other.

"I even painted it to look like your castle!" She boasted proudly, beating her chest triumphantly.

Twilight stared.

"Um..."

"And it's not just any shed, either!!"

She flew down, ripping the door open; it slammed to the side, nearly coming off of its hinges.

The inside was covered in hay, rising up to fill almost half the shed.

"It's a Nesting Shed!"

Twilight eventually found her words.

"Nesting Shed...?"

"Yeah!! You can come on out here if you're stressed or tired, and chillax on the hay!! It's like a nest, but for ponies!!"

She smirked, holding her head high.

"It only took me, like, a week to build, but I finally finished it!! No need to thank me, I know you love it."

Twilight pursed her lips.

Rainbow frowned.

"What? What's wrong?"

Twilight turned her head, looking up at the massive, room-filled castle behind them.

Realization dawned on Rainbow after a moment, making her facehoof.

"Ah, buck."


Twilight shook her head.

"And that's when I decided to come talk to you, because you know her best, and this strange behavior is starting to worry..."

She trailed off upon realizing her other Pegasus friend had slowly risen off the couch, placed the snoozing Angel on her back, and walked over to her bookshelf.

The yellow mare looked through her books before settling on one, pulling it out and carrying it to Twilight.

She handed it over.

Twilight read the title.

"Bird Behaviors 101...?"

"Read Chapter Seven." Fluttershy calmly commanded.

Twilight flipped the book open, finding the chapter and beginning to read.

The further she progressed, the more realization dawned on her.

Upon finishing the chapter, she looked up at Fluttershy again; silent, but enlightened.

"Pegasi have bird-like tendencies," the Pegasus softly began. "And because of that, we have traditions that stem from even the first generations."

She gently sat down, cradling Angel in her wings.

"For birds, the males do all the courtship rituals," She continued. "They tend to be more colorful, to attract mates, while females are duller to protect the young and blend in with their surroundings."

She looked at Twilight again.

"That fact is reversed for ponies. We have the female/male ratio--"

"One male in every seven females," Twilight affirmed.

Fluttershy nodded.

"That's right. And female ponies are more colorful than males. So, around this time of year, male Pegasi try to attract females in different ways with courtship rituals, before they get snapped up by other males or females."

She gently pet Angel's head.

"They usually start with the basics--fancy walking and puffing out their feathers. We Pegasi have an affinity for clouds, so it's nice when your mate has soft fur or feathers to snuggle up to."

Twilight's mind flashed back to the first incident with Rainbow.

"After they scout potential mates that way, they can do different other courtship rituals to see if they're still interested. One is the courtship dance--every family has one, passed down through the generations. Most families join theirs together when they marry, which can be done in a special ceremony at weddings."

She looked Twilight dead in the eyes.

"If you see Zephyr spreading his wings and screaming like a hawk in public, kick him in the balls immediately."

Twilight was taken aback by her friend's tone, but nodded nonetheless.

Fluttershy continued as if nothing had happened.

"Of course, in some cases, a family only has female children--such as Dashie's family. So they try and keep the traditions alive. And, in similar cases, they do it for mares, rather than stallions. Like I said about the gender ratio earlier."

Twilight nodded again, stunned.

"So, that day, with the weird tricks she was doing..."

"Her family's courtship dance. Please don't be too upset with her, things like thrusting are usually attractive to Pegasi whenever males are doing it."

The slightly nauseous Alicorn nodded.

"Another ritual is nest building, where we build things like sheds or small houses for our potential mates. Some Pegasi do unconventional things, like pools or business buildings to be extra impressive. You're just lucky Rainbow stuck to a shed, because anything else would probably have landed you both in the Mayor's office right about now."

Fluttershy giggled, but Twilight was too distracted to find humor in her statement.

"So...Rainbow..."

The yellow mare nodded.

"She loves you, Twilight. She wouldn't be trying so hard if she didn't."

Twilight went quiet again.

Slowly, she stood, ruffling her feathers.

"Well, thank you, Fluttershy...I think I have some serious thinking to do."

Fluttershy nodded, setting Angel on the couch and escorting her friend to the door.

After a parting hug, she began to shut the door.

"Oh, Twilight?"

The Alicorn craned her head around to look at her friend once more.

Fluttershy smiled at her.

"Good luck."

With that, she shut the door, returning to the couch.

She sat down, sighing.

She looked down at Angel.

"I think I've hit rock bottom, Angel."

She sighed, petting the bunny's head.

"I always knew my friends were idiots, but this is a new high, for sure. I mean, even Pinkie knew what I wanted when I puffed my feathers up for her and built her that balloon dispenser."


Around sunset, Twilight descended upon Rainbow's cloud house, knocking on the door.

After a few minutes, it opened, revealing the Pegasus herself.

"Oh, hey Twi." That little-too-happy grin returned. "What's up?"

Twilight looked away, shifting her hoof on the ground.

"Can we talk, Rainbow? I...I think we need to."

Frowning a little, the cyan mare stepped to the side, letting her in.

The two got seated on Rainbow's couch, facing each other.

Twilight took a deep breath, steadying herself.

"I know why you've been acting so strange, Rainbow."

Rainbow's ears perked forward, a small blush appearing on her cheeks.

"You, uh, do?"

Twilight nodded.

"How long, Rainbow?"

Rainbow suddenly found interest in her hooves.

"Uh...I dunno. Well, I dunno when it started, exactly
...I guess I'd been thinking about it a while, but..."

Twilight tilted her head to the side.

"But what?"

Red crept onto Rainbow's face, gradually consuming it.

Twilight sighed.

"What did you do now, Rainbow?"

"Wha--hey!! Just 'cause I'm embarrassed doesn't mean I did something bad!!"

Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Then why are you embarrassed?"

Rainbow inhaled, looking Twilight in the eyes.

"Your wings, Twi."

Twilight gained a quizzical look.

"Huh? My wings? What's that got to do with anything?"

The cyan mare facehooved, then flew a few feet in the air.

"Twi, Pegasi have a natural attraction to wings. Have you seen yours?! Like, if I didn't want all of you I'd just buck those!!"

Silence reigned between the two.

Rainbow slowly descended back onto the couch, red on her face intensifying.

"...I never said that."

"Said what?"

"Exactly."

Silence continued.

Twilight cleared her throat.

"Well, putting that...statement--"

"That I never said."

"--that you never said, aside, what exactly do you mean?"

Rainbow groaned.

"When you came that one day--" *Ha!! That's what she said!!* "--and you had wings, that just kinda...triggered something. Inside me, I mean. Like, before, I always thought you were pretty attractive--y'know, for some nerdy unicorn that smells books--but that was what caught my attention. Then we started hanging out more, and, well..."

She looked down again, rubbing the back of her head.

However, when she looked back up, Twilight was grinning like a schoolfilly, staring off into space.

"Uh, Twi? You good?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry." She shook her head. "Sorry, just...you think I'm pretty?"

The Pegasus seemed confused.

"Uh...yeah?"

She then found herself pulled closer by an elegant purple wing, Twilight wrapping her forelegs around her friend.

"I'm flattered by everything you said, Rainbow. And I've been thinking..."

Rainbow's ears perked.

"Well, I do find you pretty attractive as well, and since we are such good friends...why don't we give this a shot?"

Rainbow looked up at her, eyes widening.

"You mean...?"

Twilight smiled at her.

"Will you be my marefriend, Rainbow?"

Twilight expected more of a girlish squealing sound and a hug; what she got was that blasted dying eagle screech and a hug.

"Buck yeah!! I got a hot princess marefriend!!"

Twilight blushed hard.

"Right..."

Rainbow pulled away, grinning.

"So, what should we do first?"

Twilight smiled.

"Well, I do know of a certain Nesting Shed that's currently vacant of snuggling mares..."

Rainbow eyes widened, as did her grin.

"Snuggling? And I thought I was moving fast with the Courtship Dance!!"

With a small giggle, Twilight charged up her magic, teleporting the two away with a flash of violet.

Author's Note:

Finished!! Took me around four days for this one. I'm just glad I finally got something else published on here :twilightsmile:

Yes, a personal headcannon of mine is that Fluttershy curses at everyone inside her head. I mean really, with the way she gets treated (especially in the early seasons), do you think she's all nice and kind inside her head?

Hope you enjoyed this mess of TwiDash I created. Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 51 )

That's actually kind of what I expect from Fluttershy, it's always the quiet ones that have strong internal dialogue.

"If you see Zephyr spreading his wings and screaming like a hawk in public, kick him in the balls immediately."

I'm just picturing Fluttershy, sweet, innocent Fluttershy, telling Twilight this in a deadpan monotone, and it made me so happy. Love this, very fun and sweet.

*Read a bucking romance novel, Twilight. Anypony can see that it's not about the flying.*

With how she loves to read, you think she'd read enough to pick up the signs that she might be getting hit on. Or, we found the kind of book that bookhorse doesn't read:rainbowlaugh:

In all, I had a good laugh reading this story!

"If you see Zephyr spreading his wings and screaming like a hawk in public, kick him in the balls immediately."

This is the best thing. Just the best.

For those that doubt that this would be how Fluttershy would think. I can guarantee you that as a quiet wallflower that is how we all think.

Also this story was hilarious

I have several questions but the biggest one is how is this not featured? This story is hilarious. Well done. Also, hi:heart:

10273453


Hi!! :twilightsmile:

I actually hit the feature list a little bit ago, just lower on the list. But thank you!!


10273427

Glad I got it right :rainbowlaugh: and glad you enjoyed!!


10273151

Glad someone else sees it!


10273183

You imagined it perfectly, my good dude (I use dude gender-nuetrally)
Glad you enjoyed!!


10273330

She had an aneurysm trying to read the obnoxiously cliché steamy novels and never read them again.

Also, I love you, so it means a lot that you read this!



10273376

It's for the benefit of all ponykind. And everyone else XD

10273462 Ah. I wish I had your luck. Still congrats:heart:

10273472

Heh, thank you. My first time, actually. Wishing you luck :heart:

Well now the story is on the feature list. Congrats again:heart:

10273784

I actually considered making this my entry, but decided against it in the end. I may write something else for it, though. Glad you liked it!!

Love the bit about Zephyr.

This was both cute and hilarious! Congratulations on getting featured by the way I think this would make an amazing entry but I look forward to seeing what you do enter, if this is any indication it’ll be awesome! :twilightsmile:

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again, this is a fantastic read. Great comedy! Love Fluttershy’s dialogue. :rainbowlaugh:

The concept here was hilarious, and actually quite new considering the amount of Twidash stuff I've read throughout the years. You got a good knack for writing humor, and I actually was wondering if this was for that shipping contest once I finished. With a bit of polishing this could have been one of the better entries if I was gonna guess.

Also Fluttershy being vulgar at heart is fantastic. :rainbowlaugh:

Nice job!

Yes, a personal headcannon of mine is that Fluttershy curses at everyone inside her head. I mean really, with the way she gets treated (especially in the early seasons), do you think she's all nice and kind inside her head?

I always thought that she is the secret string puller/spy master of ponyville.

Speaking with animals and them even following her loyally? Nobody can hide secret from her.

Has her own persoanal fortress villa outside ponyville with a security perimeter big garden filled with her soldiers animal fiends. And direct access to a getaway where in nobody can really track you the Everyfree Forest where her foreign contact zebra friend lives who is always willing to help her in a emergency. She doesn't fear the beasts inside the forest.

Also while she keeps her personal beliefs and goals to herself, she doesn't have any problems to talk about and council the rulers of her nation who so easily find a friend in her.

I could just go on...

10274418

Actually, I have a story that never made it to being written about Fluttershy secretly being the biggest mob boss in Equestria, so funny you'd bring that up

"One male in every seven females," Twilight affirmed.

Do you mean one male for every seven females? Because, you know... you can’t have a male in females... :twilightsheepish:


Also, the extreme dichotomy between Fluttershy’s words and thoughts is... is... extreme. :rainbowhuh::rainbowlaugh:

I do wonder if Fluttershy’s ever built a shed of her own. Hmm...

10274733

I'm pretty sure you can ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks for pointing that out, though!

10274624
Probably because I got a draft somewhere on my old laptop too... Don't know if I ever activate that old writers account again but if I would write it today I probably go AU to spice things up.

Loved the concept, and the little cutaways were a lot of fun (particularly the eagle screech. That actually made me giggle) but what kills the story for me is Fluttershy's inner monologue. It's awkward, and the profanity-but-not-really-profanity is honestly a bit cringy. I mean, centaurshit? Really?

It just really drags down what for the most part is a very cute and humorous little story.

Nice story always love to see twidash!

"I always knew my friends were idiots, but this is a new high, for sure. I mean, even Pinkie knew what I wanted when I puffed my feathers up for her and built her that balloon dispenser."

I for one actually enjoy the idea of this ship.

But for some reason, this statement bloody terrifies me, and I don't know why...

I mostly enjoyed this story, but didn't really care for the 'Fluttershy is secretly a jerk in her thoughts' bit. About halfway through the story I started skipping the yellow text sections.

10275039
Oh good to know to skip this then

awww, that was sweet. That Fluttershy was Brilliant, too.

Profanity tag for Fluttershy swearing :rainbowlaugh:

*Does a double take* Okay, this is gonna be good. I mean, Fluttershy swearing? That's basically the cheat code to making a comedy fic.

"I always knew my friends were idiots, but this is a new high, for sure. I mean, even Pinkie knew what I wanted when I puffed my feathers up for her and built her that balloon dispenser."

And there's a side ship here. Which means... any thoughts of making a sequel? Also, yes, both ponies and people can be "quite" dumb when it comes to things like these... I mean, I've been there myself... :facehoof:

10276266

I considered making a sequel, but I'm not entirely sure how I would do it. I know that I'll definitely be referencing this story in future stories, but a direct sequel is still up in the air. Glad you enjoyed, though!

This can easily be classified as one heck of a masterpiece man! This had humor in all the right places, the dialogue in a way seems like something they'd all say or think (especially Flutters!), and the enjoyability of reading this is so friggin high! Awesome work on this! Hope ya didn't mind, but I made a reading on this fic!

Audio Linkey!: https://youtu.be/Lvl8U0XvjwE

(I don't mean to offend anyone with this comment!)

10276449

HOLY CRAP--

Duuuuuuude thank you so much!! I set my YouTube Reminder, can't wait to hear it!!

(My YouTube has my real name, unfortunately--the whole name changing process is really complicated and confusing and I'm hesitant to change my gmail name. So I'll be commenting as Ariel Clyburn.)

Tell me, what is the connection between reading gratuitous Flutterswears and the need to smile??
:flutterrage::flutterrage::pinkiehappy::moustache:

10276528

Tell me, how does the image of innocent, sweet Fluttershy screaming "FUCK" make you feel?

Is there such a thing as too much TwiDash? No, no there isn't. This is definitely one of the wierder ones I've read. Pegasus mating rituals, a novelty to me — interesting.

This was so funny! I loved it!

fully showing off both sets of her privates.

Took me a moment to parse that.

It only took me, like, a week to build, but I finally finished it!!

So did Twilight never notice the hammering or hauling materials behind the castle? I suppose in its labyrinthine depths, it's hard to tell where "behind" even is.

I do love the concept, both the avian courtship behavior and Fluttershy's incredibly vulgar internal monologue. The technique could use some refinement—you dip a bit much into Lavender Unicorn Syndrome, and you tend to overuse line breaks between dialogue and its attribution—but all told, this was quite fun. Thank you for it.

This is my favorite version of Fluttershy.

10277816

Thank you so much!! You're one of my favorite authors on this site, so it means a lot that you actually read this!! The constructive criticism is much appreciated as well.

10278136

Thank you! :rainbowlaugh:

<3 birdpone mating rituals <3

Very cute. And you gotta give Dashie credit for creating anything, much less an attractive nesting shed for a potential companion. You know there's room for two in there...

It's a little strange to see an entire story composed of one-line paragraphs, but there's a lot of talking so the formatting just felt quick and fleeting to look at. The more "adult" stream of thought from Fluttershy was a little off-putting, thinking her friends are morons for not "getting" each other. It's kinda mean of her, really. Like, she's a real b***h under her cute exterior. That was the only flaw I found in the whole thing.

The "family mating dance" must be a very serious tradition indeed, if it's passed from parent to child, usually the males, in such a female-centric society. It's interesting to think about as a block of world-building.

"If you see Zephyr spreading his wings and screaming like a hawk in public, kick him in the balls immediately."

:fluttershyouch: in fact do so if you see him at all.

Balloon dispenser is love, balloon dispenser is life.

I don't suppose there's a story showing Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie getting together anywhere in the works? It would make a good prequel and with Fluttershy being my favorite pony you caught my attention.

Sassy shy is best shy

Login or register to comment