• Published 3rd Jun 2020
  • 7,056 Views, 46 Comments

A Love Fully Cherished - Not Enough Coffee



Chrysalis comes to a full understanding of giving your love to another.

  • ...
14
 46
 7,056

And The Truth Shall Set You Free

The rain poured down harshly outside the cave’s entrance, locking you and Chrysalis inside until it decided to let up. But knowing how the world, and whatever Gods above thought of you too, you knew that you were going to be there for a while.

You sighed, leaning back into Chrysalis. She was cuddled up next to you as you sat and watched the rain pour down harder and harder. She was fast asleep, and you were glad she was. She has fought so hard for the protection of you both, and she needed her rest.

How long has it been now? How long had you two been damned by Equestria, forever on the run with one eye open? It must have been at least a year now. You didn’t know, in all honesty. Time was starting to blur, and for all you knew, it could have only been a few months.

You didn't care how long it was, though. What mattered was that they were some of the worst, but more importantly, some of the best months of your life.

You were such a broken, bitter man before she came into your life. In some aspects, you still saw yourself as the same man as you were before, but there was no denying the softening of your shell.

Some chitin was made to be cracked open, you thought.

You grinned slightly. It might be silly humor, but it helped warm you more as the frigid air ate at your exposed skin.

You felt a hoof wrap around your shoulder, pulling you closer into your makeshift changeling bed.

“Anon, you need to get some rest. We can worry about tomorrow when it gets here,” Chrysalis spoke lovingly, preceding to kiss you on your cheek. “Celestia be damned if I let you catch a cold from staying up all night. Now come here.”

You felt yourself be turned around, as she entangled herself around you. Her warmth seeped into you and vice versa.

“I love you, Chrysalis.” You couldn’t help but utter out loud, receiving a deep, passionate kiss as an award.

“I know.”

The two of you sank into each other, and drifted off into the realm of dreams.


A stray ray of sunlight drifted across your closed eyes, making you stir in your sleep. Though, with you shifting your position, you noticed that you were no longer snuggled up to your lover. Wondering where she went, you reluctantly opened your eyes and sat upright.

At the entrance of the cave was Chrysalis, staring off into the distance. The first rays of Celestia’s blasted sun washed over her. She looked so beautiful, but you knew something must be up... It was hard to make out from your position, but that frown of hers wasn't doing her any favors, and neither was it helping you.

You got up a bit too quickly, your blood rushing to your brain. The sudden rush nearly made your vision go black, but you weren't going to let that happen. Even if you winced and limped towards Chrysalis. You weren't going to let her be alone. Chryaslis needed you too.

And that's all that mattered.

“Hey, you doing okay?” You sat down beside her. The cave was high up on a mountainside overlooking The Badlands, and you had a feeling that had something to do with her somber expression.

“Do you wanna talk? Or, you know, anything?”

She sighed, turning to look deep within your eyes. It was like she was able to see right through you, and yet that didn’t disturb you in the slightest. In fact, you welcomed it. It was a comforting feeling.

She swiftly turned away, making your heart clench from the emotions building up. You cared for her, and she changed you for the better. You hated to see her like this.

“I’ve… lost so much, Anon. I’ve gained you, but you and I both know that won’t be for long.” She began to speak, her heart starting to show itself to you.

“Don’t say that.” You said, but were quickly cut off.

“No. You may be able to deceive yourself with these childish delusions of a happily ever after, but I can not. I’ve lost so much, Anon. I have given everything I have to see us both a future worth living, but I’m holding you back.”

You grimaced, not liking a word being uttered. Before you could interject, she continued.

“I’m a failure in more ways than one. I never told you this, but I’ve had a chance of redemption before finding myself in this exile... yet I threw it all away out of spite. I destroyed the one chance I had at making everything right, because I could not find within me a single shred of humility.”

Scooting yourself closer, you threw an arm over her side. Chrysalis melted into your embrace, nuzzling you affectionately.

“Anon, you're the one good thing that has come into my life, and I don't want to lose you because of my actions! My inability to do what's right! My unwillingness to learn! I... I don't want to fall into that pitfall and end up losing you too! I don't know what I'd do without you...”

Tears began to stream down her face, and she found herself unable to finish her sentence. You felt your emotions begin to overflow you as well, and you leaned further into her, hugging her as tight as you could. You wanted to show her that you would never let go.

“Chrysalis, I chose to be with you. I chose this life, and I’ve had my fair share of failures because of it too. But… But I’m not letting go of this. You and I are not just gonna separate because some pony princess ruler on a high horse says so.”

She placed her head upon your shoulder, sobbing freely. “B-but they will, Anon. They will.”

“No they won’t!” You exclaimed, stopping her from speaking her self-defeated words. “No they won’t… I love you, Chrysalis. I love you…”

“I-I know… I know.” She pulled away, and she looked into your eyes once again. Her eyes were completely bloodshot and showed just how much she gave a damn about you. “I feel it, Anon. I feel your love.”

She sat up, leaving your embrace. “Now, I think it’s time you experience mine.” She looked off into the rising sun, a new found smile on her face. It filled you with a warmth you had no way of fully describing. It was purely divine.

“Thorax… you were right all along.” Suddenly, a purple beam shot out of Chrysalis’s chest, and you found yourself blinded by an incredibly bright light. Covering your eyes, you looked away. You were powerless to what was happening, and all you could do was hope that this may go your way for once. For you and Chrysalis's sake.

After the light subsided, you turned back to where Chrysalis was, your jaw now fully agape. Your gut feeling was wrong, for what laid before you filled you with more hope than you ever had in your life.

Chrysalis had changed. Her black chitin was now a light shade of blue, her mane a darker shade of blue. The holes in her legs were completely gone, and the green parts of her shell were now a light yellowish-orange, contrasting the blue of the rest of her body. She looked regal. She looked… happy.

You were happy. You hit yourself over the head for thinking this could be anything other than perfect.

She trotted up before you, beaming from ear to ear. “Anon, I think I finally understand what it means to give love for once in my life.”

She leaned down and kissed you deeply, sending a wave of bliss through your being.

The two of you had changed, and were now fully ready to face the world anew.

Author's Note:

And thus concludes my Anon and Chrysalis trilogy.

I don't think this is all too strong of an ending, but it is closure, and it is the only way I thought I could end it. The love has been received and given in full, and they both have changed because of it.

Hope reigns supreme, and the truth shall set you free.

Unedited. Any egregious mistakes pointed out are welcomed in full.

Edit: Now edited by my good friend Soaring.

Comments ( 46 )

There wasn’t enough punching in this one.

10267065
Haha.

Maybe they will end up in the pony version of Wrestlemania?

10267068
Maybe this needs another installment with more consumption of teeth.

10267074
Eat teeth or gtfo.

Hhhow did i miss that sequel indication on the first page!
Its like i spoiled myself of something

How do I like a story twice?

NBQ
NBQ #9 · Jun 3rd, 2020 · · ·

Happy ending? I hope... :heart:

Skittle chrysalis? Gross.

Given what we've seen these past few stories, i honestly feel there should be an epilogue where they decide to just give up on running and go talk to Celestia.

10268105
Essentially what I left for this ending. With a new-found redemption in the form of truly giving love to another, Chrysalis as made a brighter future for the both of them.

We know the ponies, seeing chrysalis in this state will make them think twice on their past grudges.

10268110
kinda figured, reason why i mentioned it was to me personally it just feels weird when its only insinuated and not having something like that written for it. Guess i'm just weird like that. :pinkiecrazy:

A very nice addition to the series. Love Chrysalis's transformation and how you write her as a character. Keep up the writing bud!

10268133
It's part of my writing habit to be subtle rather than write everything out. For better, and for worse.

10268151
Thanks, man. Chrysalis is one of my favorite characters to write!

IT WAS SO GOOD AND NOW SHE'S A RAINBOW BUG- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Bugbutt best butt-thorax is a pitiful usurper

10268167
Haha. At least I gave her a color palette that works well with each other. It was a symbolic choice of change, despite me liking the older changelings more than the nu-lings.

Ty for reading.

Aw so sweet

BCS

How do you make a fancy linebreak in the middle with the asterisks like that?

10268354
I simply use the line break tool the site has. It does it automatically for me.

10267068
Rodeomane-ia?

10268476
Yeah, that kinda works. Sticks with the horse puns.

10268354
[/hr] without the /

Honestly this could do with a sequel from a different perspective, something first-person. Maybe a comedy or drama based a round the return of the new Chrysalis.

Wow good story.

It would be nice to have a continuation or epilogue of them settling down to raise a family or something. To have the ponies find out that they found their own happiness away from them

“Thorax… you were right all along.” Suddenly, a purple beam shot out of Chrysalis’s chest, and you found yourself blinded by an incredibly bright light.

For a moment I feared an certain precious purple pony princess had found and subsequentially attacked them.


Good story!
I enjoyed reading it.


10268354
Simply type [hr] or use the "Add Horizontal Rule" button (left to the button for creating links).

Perfect timing for that picture to go up, eh?

I saw this on the Features List and I was like "OOOOOO He did it again!" The writing back then was amazing, and it still is to this day man! Freakin' awesome work! Hope ya didn't mind, but I did a lil audio thingy for this lovely lil' story!

Audio Linkerloo!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1cNkjsxps

(I don't mean to offend anyone with this comment!)

10269461
Thanks again for reading another one of my stories. Each time you do, it warms my heart. :heart:

BCS

10268514


thanks!!!

This was good.

10268167
Well, I wouldn't put it so dramatically but basically I think the "original" is the most beautiful. I think I've seen one or two beautiful rainbow Chryssies but blue and yellow is the worst color combinatin on my personal list.
No hard feelings thoug, because I still enjoyed the story.

Awww, a sweet ending.

... Still, she should suplex Thorax at least once when they meet again.

I just found another audio reading for this: Linky Link!

Ponies gonna be so shocked by this Metamorphosis.
And all it took was Love, Faith, and Pixie Dust a human named Anon.

Would love to see everyponies faces

ESTO ES LA SECUELA DE "DISTRAE A CHRISSSALYS"??

May need a proper sequel, but it's real great.

Needs a sequel

Login or register to comment