• Published 3rd Jun 2020
  • 10,475 Views, 137 Comments

Cadere a Gratia (Fall from Grace) - Echo Breeze



Anon-A-Miss strikes, leaving Sunset completely alone. Thinking of ending it all, will she be saved, or will she Fall from Grace.

  • ...
22
 137
 10,475

Reconciliations Part 3

Author's Note:

I know I said that this would be a three parter, but as I said in my blog, I wrote way too much and it would be better to cover the exchange between Sunset and Celestia in a seperate chapter. As always, like and comment. Creative criticism is always welcome.

I had just gotten Spike to get us some tea when the response came through. As it came through, I read it to Princess Celestia.

Dear Princess Twilight,

It would be lovely to see you guys again. Sunset told me to tell you that we will be at Sugar Cube Corner tomorrow at about noon. Tell Princess Celestia that she is welcome here anytime, and that Sunset is eagerly awaiting her arrival.

Your Friend,

Rainbow Dash

“I see Sunset has guessed that it is I who wishes to speak with her.” Princess Celestia said with amusement. “Never really could slide anything by her.” She added, gaining a sudden downcast look on her face.

“Remind you of anypony?” I asked my old mentor sarcastically.

“Oh, ha ha, Twilight.” she sarcastically replied.

“What? It’s the truth, isn’t it?” I asked.

“I suppose.” she replied. “Is it okay if I stay the night here?”

“I have no qualms with that.” I said. “I’ll get Spike to write a letter to Luna when he gets back with our tea.” No sooner had I said that than the baby dragon walked in, a tray laden with tea cups and assorted finger foods. “Spike, take a letter.”


“Thanks for taking care of that, Dash.” I said, embracing her.

“It’s alright. I know you are struggling to write at the moment.” she said. “Now, shall we continue the conversation we had over at my place?”

“Fine, we can do that.” I replied.

“Cool, so, if not now, then when?” she asked.

“I didn’t say that I wasn’t willing to try now, just that I would have to take it slow. So, if you’re willing to be patient, I’m willing to try.” I said.

“I’m willing.” she said, wrapping me in another embrace.

“And we should wait until we’re about two dates in before announcing it to our friends. I don’t want it to seem that our relationship is too close on the heels of what I went through.” I added.

“Understandable” Dash replied. “How about we get some shut-eye? Long day ahead of us tomorrow. You said you wanted to be at the used car lot when it opens?”

“Yeah. Do you want the bed or the couch? My bed can easily fit two.” I said.

“Well, the heat in the living room doesn’t quite work properly. I learnt that the hard way. Is it alright to share the bed?” she replied.

“Sure. I have enough blankets that we can still be separate, Though I don’t think it’s necessary, do you?” I asked, getting up and leading the way to the bedroom.

“It’s entirely up to you.” she said, grabbing her pajamas and heading to the bathroom to change. I grabbed my pajamas and laid them on the bed, ready for me to put them on.

“Alright then. See you in a few.” I said as she walked out of my bedroom.

A couple of minutes later, we climbed into the bed. I cuddled spoon wise to her, and she gently embraced me from behind.

“Goodnight, Dash.” I said, closing my eyes.

“Goodnight, Sunset.” she said. She kissed me on the cheek and killed the lights.


I awoke the next morning, looking down to where Sunset was still nestled in my embrace. I still couldn’t believe what happened. I thought it may have been another dream, but it turned out that it wasn’t, and I was happy. I saw Sunset start to twitch in her sleep. I smiled, thinking she was having a good dream. She then started to thrash, almost hitting me in the face. That was when I knew something was wrong. I shook her gently.

“Hey, Sunset. Wake up.” I whispered. She woke with a start, tears running down her cheeks. I wrapped her in an embrace, whispering soothingly. “Shh. It’s just a nightmare.”

She didn’t respond. She just continued to cry silently, her body wracked with sobs. I just continued to soothe her to the point where she was no longer sobbing uncontrollably.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” I asked, not breaking the embrace for a second. She shook her head, not trusting her voice at the moment.

“Okay, I can accept that. When you are ready to talk, I’m willing to listen.” I said, kissing her on the cheek. “I’m gonna go get breakfast started.” Sunset nodded and broke the embrace. I got up and headed to the kitchen. I heard her shuffling around in her bedroom after I left. I didn’t know what it was she was doing, but I knew I could trust her. I got out all the ingredients I would need to make blueberry pancakes, one of my specialties. The only thing that sucked was the fact that Sunset didn’t drink coffee, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. I actually managed to sneak a jar of instant coffee in with my clothing, but I would have had to risk going back into Sunset’s bedroom to get it. I was about half way done with the pancakes before Sunset came out of her bedroom.

“That smells delicious, Dash.” she said, coming up and embracing me from behind. I reached down and held her hands in front of me.

“Yeah, but it’s nothing compared to your pastas.” I said. She just giggled in response and went to get plates for the pancakes. She took them to the kitchen island and set them down. She then set to work brewing us some tea. As she grabbed the tea leaves from the cupboard, I saw her grab something else from it. I looked over to see her holding a jar of my favorite coffee.

“Where did you get that?” I asked her. “It wasn’t there last night.”

“When you went to change, I saw it sticking out of your bag. I grabbed it and stored it away here where it wouldn’t get broken.” she said.

“Oh. Fair enough.” I said, finishing off the last pancake. I took them to the island and laid the plate they were on in the middle of it. She put two cups down next to the plates she had laid out earlier, one with coffee in it and the other with tea. We started eating in veritable silence, only disturbed by the sounds of chewing. I swallowed the mouthful that I had and spoke, further disturbing the silence. “We really need to talk about these nightmares. You’ve been having them every night since your…”

“*sigh* I know.” Sunset interrupted, clearly not wanting to bring up her suicide attempt. “They all start out the same.” she said, eating another mouthful of pancake, chewing thoughtfully. “It starts out on the day where I tried to plead my innocence to you girls, especially you. Then it fades into a couple days later, cutting myself while Sundown taunts me. Then I end up back in Equestria where my moth… I mean, Celestia is yelling at me, saying how I am unworthy to be seen anywhere near her.” I didn’t know how to respond.

“The last one has only come up recently, after the message from Twilight yesterday. I’m just stressed out about this whole meeting with Celestia today.” I could finally figure out what to say.

“W-wait. Princess Celestia is your Mother?!” I asked, dumbfounded.

“Y-yes. That's true.” she replied, nervous of what I was going to say next.

“I’m dating a princess…” I whispered to myself. I could see her flinch and turn her head. I wrapped her in a tight embrace and yelled, “That’s awesome!”


A couple hours later, we were heading toward the used car lot around the corner from my apartment. I had a bit of cash in my account that I was hoping to use to buy a car with, so that we didn’t have to constantly rely on Dash’s parents. I immediately saw something that I liked. It was a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28. I walked up to it and nearly fell over backwards when I saw the asking price. They wanted forty six thousand for it, but I only had forty three thousand. Dash walked up to it and whistled.

“Now there is an awesome car.” she said, nodding her head.

“Yeah, I have one problem with it, though. I don’t have enough for me to make it my own.” I replied, ready to turn around and check something else. Dash grabbed my hand and dragged me to the sales office, careful not to hurt my cut arms.

“Don’t worry. My dad knows the owner. I’m sure I could get you a better price.” Dash said determinedly.

A couple minutes later, I paid forty thousand for the car. I signed the various paperwork and was handed the keys. I climbed in and turned the key, and the supercharged 7.0 V8 came to life with a throaty growl. I whistled, impressed with my new baby.

“I have the perfect name for you already.” I said.

“What are you gonna name her?” Dash asked after climbing into the passenger seat.

“I’m gonna call her Cammy.” I said, shifting into first gear and pulling out of the lot.


A couple minutes later, I pulled into an open space in front of Sugar Cube Corner. I looked at the dash clock. It was only eleven. I turned the car off and turned to Dash.

“So, we got an hour before they arrive. Shall we go in?” I asked.

“And do what? I kinda don’t wanna leave this awesome machine.” Dash replied.

“I don’t really want to either, but we could turn it into an unofficial first date.” I said, grabbing my door handle and climbed out. She climbed out as well, and I hit the lock button on the key fob.

“Don’t need to tell me twice.” she said, walking up to the door of the shop. She opened the door. “After you.” I walked in, Dash walking in afterward. We chose a table near the back and sat down next to each other. Pinkie came up to us and took our order (not before greeting us like only she could).