• Published 3rd Jun 2020
  • 10,483 Views, 137 Comments

Cadere a Gratia (Fall from Grace) - Echo Breeze



Anon-A-Miss strikes, leaving Sunset completely alone. Thinking of ending it all, will she be saved, or will she Fall from Grace.

  • ...
22
 137
 10,483

Reconciliations Part 2

We had just left Canterlot High, the ride not quite as intense as the ride there. The journey started off in relative silence, which was bad news for me. Sundown loved to taunt in the silence.

“Hey, Sunset?” Dash said, interrupting my train of thought.

“Yeah Dash?” I replied.

“Do you think we can stop at my place first? Dad sent me a text saying he needs the car today.” She asked, looking at me out of the corner of her eyes for a split second.

“Sure,” I replied, doing my best to put on a fake smile. “I don’t mind.” She just nodded and carried on towards her house. I had never been to Dash’s house before, nor had I met her parents. I was sure to be in for a bumpy ride.

_________________________________________

I knew that Dash lived well, but what I saw when we stopped was something I would never have expected in a million years. The house itself was surrounded by a very large garden, as were most of the houses in the neighborhood. The houses were mostly three story Victorian houses, and Dash’s house was no different.

“Here we are, home sweet home.” Dash said, pulling into the long driveway. She turned off the car and climbed out. She then went around to the passenger side and helped me out, with me still being unable to use my hands due to the thick bandages. I just stared in awe at the house, causing Dash to laugh.

“Yeah,” Dash said, looking at the house itself. “Fluttershy had the same reaction.” I didn’t reply. I couldn’t. I was completely dumbstruck. “Come on, let’s get inside before we freeze our asses off.” I shook my head to get rid of the daze I was in and followed Dash up to the front porch. She unlocked the door and ushered me into the warmth, before entering herself and closing the door behind her. She took off her jacket and shoes and put them by the door. I did the same and followed her to the den.

I walked in behind Dash and I saw someone sitting in a recliner, watching baseball and sipping from a bottle of Sweet Apple Acres cider. Dash walked up to him and gave him a hug from behind.

“Hey Dad, I’m home.” she said.

“Hey there, Dashie.” he said. He then turned his attention to me. “And you are?”

“Uh. Sunset Shimmer, sir. Pleased to meet you.” I replied moving closer and offering him a bandaged hand. He got up and shook my hand.

“I’m Bow Hothoof. I’ve heard quite a lot about you, Miss Shimmer.” He said.

“O-oh. Y-you have?” I asked, getting nervous.

“Yip. Your rise to power as a bully. Your change into a nice young lady. Everything.” He said, his serious demeanor changing to one of lightheartedness. “I was actually wondering when Dashie was gonna bring a girl home.” he said, a heat immediately rising to my cheeks. Dash’s face had grown red at the exact same time that I felt the heat creeping to my face.

“Daaad.” she said in embarrassment. I was just standing there, watching Mr. Hothoof laugh at his daughter’s reaction.

‘I can’t believe it. Dash is actually into girls.’ I thought to myself.

“Well, it would seem that the pitiful pony has a chance after all.” Sundown replied.

‘It would seem so.’ I thought to myself, finally agreeing with Sundown on something. I must have missed out on a lot when I zoned out, because Dash’s mother suddenly appeared in my vision.

“Are you okay, dear?” she asked me. I shook my head to clear it.

“Yeah. I’m fine.” I replied.

“Good to hear it. I’m Windy Whistles. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I hope my rambunctious husband didn’t frighten you?”

“No, no. It’s not that.” I replied.

“Good to hear, I wouldn’t want my daughter’s friend to be uncomfortable during their visit.” she said, turning and staring daggers at her husband. “Would you care to stay for dinner?”

“I’d love to, thanks.” I replied.

“Anything specific?” she asked.

“She’s a vegetarian, Mom.” Dash replied for me. I nodded and looked at Dash, sending her a look that said ‘thank you’. She just nodded.

“I see,” Windy said. “Well, you’re in luck. I keep a good stock of vegetarian food for when Fluttershy is here. Dinner will be ready in about an hour, so why don’t you girls go on up to Dash’s room.”

“Okay, Mom.” Dash replied. She then turned to leave, beckoning me to follow her. I did so and we went up the stairs. Dash’s room wasnt on the second floor, but consisted of most of the top floor. The only thing breaking it up was a large bathroom and a door that led to a balcony. She had a TV stand with a forty inch LCD TV, An XBuck one, a Ponystation 4, and a surround sound home theater system around a cyan loveseat and recliner. Her bed was big enough to fit five people. She led me over to the loveseat. She kept opening and closing her mouth, presumably fighting to find the right words.

“It’s fine, Dash.” I said, grabbing one of her hands in mine.

“No it’s not. The only other person who knows my sexuality, besides my parents, is Fluttershy. I told her before I came out to my parents.” She replied. “I should have at least told you.”

“It’s okay. Do you have your eye on someone yet?” I asked, hope flaring in my chest.

“Y-yes, I d-do.” she stammered, turning blood red.

“Is it someone I know?” I asked. She just gulped and looked away. “So, a guessing game, huh? Is it Fluttershy?” she shook her head.

“Applejack?” she shook her head again.

“Is it…?”

“It’s you…” she said, not meeting my eyes. I sat there, dumbstruck for the second time that evening.

“There. That's the confirmation that you needed.” Sundown said.

“It doesn’t matter. Like you said, Sundown, I’m just a fuck up waiting to happen. I don’t matter.” I replied. Sundown just laughed in reply. I found myself in a tight embrace, Dash almost sobbing.

“Don’t let the demon win, Sunset. You matter to me.” she practically whispered in my ear. “Just please, don’t let her win.”

“I won’t.” I whispered, returning the embrace.

“Well,” she said, wiping the tears from her eyes. “Now that the sappy stuff is out of the way, who do you like?”

“I don’t really wanna talk about it.” I said, turning away from her to hide the blush I felt creeping into my cheeks.

“Come on, Sunset. I told you mine. You can at least tell me your preferences.” Dash said, trying to smother a very uncharacteristic giggle.

“Fine, I’ll tell you.” I sighed exasperatedly. I then took a deep breath. “I’m Bi, but I lean more towards girls.”

“No, I gotta know who it is.” Dash said, leaning forward.

“Fine. I'll give you a clue. She’s athletic, has cyan skin, cerise eyes and rainbow colored hair.” I said with a giggle.

“No way.” she said, surprise thickly laced in her voice.

“Yep, but I’m not quite ready for a relationship.” I replied.

“I completely understand.” she replied. Just then we heard Windy calling from the stairs. We both got up and made our way to the dining room.

_________________________________________________

With dinner done, we asked Windy if she would take us to my apartment, to which she readily agreed. I made sure that Dash had everything she would need so that she didn’t have to borrow any of my clothes that were a little too big around the bust for her, no matter how cute it looked on her. We made our way to the Ford Taurus and hopped in, Windy backing up afterward. She shifted into drive and we were on our way

A couple minutes later, we were back at my apartment. I let us both in and locked the door behind us. After Dash left to put her stuff in my bedroom, I noticed the journal glowing. I opened it up and read the message.

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

Would it be possible to meet tomorrow? I have somepony who wants to speak to you.