• Published 3rd Jun 2020
  • 10,485 Views, 137 Comments

Cadere a Gratia (Fall from Grace) - Echo Breeze



Anon-A-Miss strikes, leaving Sunset completely alone. Thinking of ending it all, will she be saved, or will she Fall from Grace.

  • ...
22
 137
 10,485

Honesty, Generosity, Kindness and Loyalty

The day had finally come. It was time to face the wrath of the Princess of Friendship. The thought of it was enough to make me cringe in the driver’s seat of my dad’s Ford Mustang. If Sunset were aware of it, she showed no sign. I just sighed and pulled onto the street that Sugar Cube Corner was on. Finding an empty spot by the door, I pulled off the road and came to a stop. I could see that Twilight was already there, as well as Applejack and Pinkie Pie, the latter who worked at the establishment. I got out and went around to the passenger side to help Sunset to get out of the car, and we walked into the shop together.

Seeing us walk in, Twilight stood up and ran over to us, enveloping Sunset in a tight, warm embrace, Spike trailing behind a few paces.

“Oh Sunset. I was so worried. If I had known that things were this bad, I would have cancelled my trip to Canterlot for a princess summit and come straight here instead.” Twilight said, tears starting to form in her eyes. I could see Sunset struggling for air and I tapped the princess on the shoulder.

“Uh, Twilight, she kinda needs to breathe.” I deadpanned as she looked at me.

“Oh, uh, Sorry about that, Sunset.” she chuckled ruefully, letting go of Sunset. Sunset flashed me a grateful look as she caught her breath. “So, are the others gonna join us or is it just us five?”

“Fluttershy and Rarity are on their way now.” Pinkie replied, her hair not as puffed up as usual, reminiscent of her sister Maud’s straight hair. That was usually a sign that she wasn’t her regular, cheerful self. Suddenly, there was a ringing from the door, signalling the arrival of someone. We all looked over to see Fluttershy and Rarity walking over to us.

“Good, now that we are all present, tell me what happened since the last time I was here.” Twilight said, taking a seat in the booth that Pinkie had reserved for us. I looked over to Sunset, and at her slight nod, I cleared my throat to begin talking.

__________________________________________

Meanwhile, at Sweet Apple Acres. The CMC clubhouse.

“I know we said we should go to our sisters with the truth, but I don’t know if it’s going to be that easy.” I said to Applebloom as we walked into the clubhouse.

“Ah know, but we gotta do it. Ah have a feelin’ that what we did has already caused damage. Damage that is gonna take awhile ta fix. We gotta do it.” Applebloom replied. “‘Sides. If’n our sisters don’t forgive us for it, we’ll still have each other.” She kissed me on the cheek.

“I know. I just feel so guilty. What if it was Sunset that got hurt that badly. I don’t think that I could ever forgive myself. But if we can’t come clean about what we did, how are we gonna tell our sisters about us?” I asked.

“Ah know what ya mean. Is Rarity also gonna be at Sugar Cube Corner, ‘cause that’s where A.J. went now.” Applebloom asked.

“Yeah, she is. She said something about all of them meeting Princess Twilight there, and something about… *gulp*… Sunset.” I started, nervously. “You don’t think?”

“Oh gods. How could we have been so stupid?!” Applebloom exclaimed.

“I don’t know, but we need to tell Scoots.” I said, taking out my phone and calling her number.

“Hey, Sweetie Belle. What can I do for you?” She asked after picking up.

“Can’t talk. Meet at Sugar Cube Corner as soon as possible.” I said hurriedly into the microphone.

:I’m not gonna ask, but the two of you owe me an explanation.” she replied.

“We’ll explain when we get there.” I said and ended the call. We ran into the farmhouse to beg Big Mac to take us to Sugar Cube Corner.

__________________________________________

I had just finished the retelling of the events leading up to today, and I could tell that everyone present, especially Twilight, was shocked to hear it.

“Sunset suffered concussion from hitting the frozen water. She still gets dizzy when getting up and randomly passes out, but the doctors are confident that she will recover with time.” I said.

“While I am upset with you all for what you did, I must commend you, Dash, for risking your life to save a friend in need. You are every little bit the Element of Loyalty.” Twilight said, her face turning sour at the next part, as if she had just had pure lemon juice. “As for the rest of you, I am sorely disappointed. Applejack couldn’t tell that Sunset was being honest about not being Anon-A-Miss. Pinkie Pie stole her laughter. Rarity couldn’t show generosity by giving her the benefit of the doubt and Fluttershy showed her no kindness in her time of need.”

“To be fair to the rest, I only showed loyalty after she had sent us the text I mentioned. I said, looking over to Sunset, who nodded in agreement.

“And I started out not believing that it was her, but the more was posted, the harder it was to believe.” Fluttershy said from behind the protective shield of her hair.

“I know you guys had every reason not to believe me. As I said to Dash after I came to. This blog looks a lot like what the old Sunset would do.” Sunset said, speaking up for the first time. Another ringing at the door heralded the arrival of newcomers. We looked up to see Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo standing just inside the now closed front door of the shop. They slowly made their way over to us.

“Applebloom. What’re y’all doin’ here.” Applejack said, standing up and embracing the younger Apple.

“We, uh…” she started, obviously nervous about something.

“What is it?” Rarity said from her seat.

“We have a confession to make.” Sweetie Belle half squeaked from next to Applebloom.

“Well, do tell.” Twilight said, a look of disgust on her face. I looked from her, to the girls, and back to her. Then, realisation struck, and it broke me completely. I looked at Sunset, who looked confused and a little startled.

“You’re Anon-A-Miss, aren’t you?” I said in a voice that could barely be heard, but the others all heard me. I could see Twilight, Applejack and Rarity start to bristle with anger. Pinkie’s hair deflated further and Fluttershy pulled herself tighter on her seat. Sunset, on the other hand, had not yet reacted. “Aren’t you!?” My raised voice caused all three of them to flinch. They didn’t say anything, but just nodded in assent. I got up and made a move towards them, my fists balled up in anger, but a hand on mine stopped me dead in my tracks. I looked over to where Sunset was sitting, her head bowed. I could see the tears in her eyes as she shook her head. I understood immediately what that head shake meant.

She got up and walked toward the girls. They started backing away, but Sunset reached them before they could even retreat two paces. She unexpectedly wrapped each of them in an embrace, the tears flowing freely from her eyes. She broke the embrace long enough to look them each in the eyes in turn.

Author's Note:

Two more chapters for you guys. Sorry it took so long, been really busy as of late.

As always, special thanks to my good friends JimmyHook19 and Mr-Astounding for proof reading and editing.

10/10 for those of you who knew the SweetieBloom ship was coming. There is gonna be another surprise ship in this one, so stay tuned.

Please like and comment, creative criticism is always welcome.